• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Omis's Unlucky Thirteen-The Game Is Over!

Mr.Lombardi34

Smash Ace
Whoah. Three pages rolled by fast.

I don't think that mentosman could be faking this claim, especially not with so few people left. There is almost guaranteed to be a cop in any mafia game (And this one is not abnormal by any stretch of the imagination). That said...

Considering Mentosman's breakdown, there are four people we can shoot. Myself, Ronike, Spam, and Yaya. Yaya is easily the most suspicious. The choice is obvious to me.

Shoot: Yaya

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
in half an hr.
I might as well just do it now.

SHOOT: YAYA

i'll send omis a pm in case I can't do it this way lol.

Ronike

Smash Ace
****, I hope you didn't send that PM yet, cause, from the grave KK has made a mistake:

Can i show some Pm's i got from yaya on your mafia game (i am karthik_king)
To help with the lynching proceess

He posted this on Omis' public page today as Bane. Does his idiocy know no bounds? So, is Yaya a mason then? Or is he cheating and Omis'll kill him without us wasting our kill?

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
let's not bring KK into the picture. I'd rather just ignore him.
And I already sent the pm

Ronike

Smash Ace
Crap, I really wanted to know before I went to bed, but I'm getting tired... Omis has 10 minutes to get on, then Im gone...come on...

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
yea, but I really thought he was mafia. I have to work on my mafia catching skills. Anyways, now I have no power and it's up to the whole town to decide who gets shot next.

I feel like we need to catch mafia today if we want a good chance at winning.

The fact that yaya was SK doesn't really help us too much.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Ronike, you should know to never pay attention to the dead. Why would he have Yaya's PMs?

.....and why was he posting as Bane?

Anyway, now that we got our Serial Killer (this is suprising to me, as I thought there wouldn't be one.), at least there's focus on our other following people. Now all we need to do is

find out who to Lynch.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
how is it surprising rockin? There had to have been one. Who else would have made that kill the first night?

Ronike

Smash Ace
Haha! Even more confusion!

Anyways, SK huh, cool... I'll post some more later, but I gots class soon and not done with HW! So yeah, gotta go.

R

Rupert Thorne

Well, we've got this in the bag pretty much. If there are by some chance 3 mafia left, then mac is now cleared and we have 3 people left as possible mafia. Assuming there are only two, its 5 town to 2 mafia right now. Lynch a maf, we go into tomorrow 4 v 1 and have a mislynch to hit the two uncleared on consecutive days. If we lynch wrong, the two remaining uncleared are the leftover maf, and well have 3v2 come tomorrow. Hitting the serial killer guaranteed us a win, and since we don't really need to worry about who we lynch now(seeing as we'll win either way), so lets just pick someone and get a lynching. Feel free to go after someone different if you like, but personally?

Vote:Spam_master

My top suspicion here, and since, as I said, any way we lynch we either confirm our mafia with majority held, or we give ourselves a mislynch tomorrow with 1 of 2 people left being mafia, so it works out pretty well

Ronike

Smash Ace
I agree with mentos, spam's the one to go for. I've been suspecting him for awhile, and though Im about to get on a bus and thus about to lose internet, I'll go back and make one of those big posts later. Plus, some other reasons which I'll get into later...

Mr.Lombardi34

Smash Ace
Excellent, we hit the SK. So that leaves these possible lynchees:

-Mr.Lombardi34
-Spam_Master
-Ronike

Well, basically we have a 2/3 shot of hitting a mafia with this lynch. Now look, I know this claim means nothing, but I know my own alignment, and it's vanilla townie. I am 95% positive spam is mafia considering this fact, except my confidence is shaken by one thing: Ronike just voted for Spam. While it's a common mafia strategy to vote for your team mates, it isn't so in this situation. It only takes 4 votes to get a lynch, and I don't think any mafiat would vote for a fellow mafiat unless he would have been lynched anyway.

Of course, this makes me look like scum. Knowing my own alignment, I'm confused. One of the following things must be true:

-There is only 1 mafia member remaining (Spam)
-Ronike voted for his own teammate knowing it could lead to his death (It's possible)
-Neither Ronike nor Spam are mafia and Rockin/Jungle are the remaining two (This is entirely unlikely, after mentosman's claim. I doubt there could be 3 mafiats left)

Well, considering all of the above, the best option is still spam by a mile. So Vote: Spam_Master. We'll see what happens.

spam_master

Smash Rookie
I don't understand why I am suspicious, I've been contributing this whole game, and I have helped us towards a win the whole time.

I was hoping I wouldn't have to do this so I could confirm that mentos wasn't a cop that read only town.

But, I am the cop.

I investigated jungle night one and he turned up anti-town. After my reaming of jungle and rockin day two I investigated Rockin and found him to be anti-town as well.

The catch is that I'm not sure whether or not they or mafia or if they are and independent cult, my ability only gives me town/anti-town roles.

The only problem with this is it that now I don't know whether mentos is with them as either mafia or cult, the opposite to their mafia/cult, or a cop who finds everyone innocent.

I guess there is also the possibility that I am a cop who finds everyone guilty.

I was hoping to be able to investigate mentos and seal my case before i revealed. Thats why I was so suprised and frankly a little dissapointed that I wasn't right when yaya came up cereal killer. But, I'm telling you something is up with at least jungle and rockin for sure and maybe mentos.

So, im gonna stay voting for jungle.

Mr.Lombardi34

Smash Ace
Okay, I think we have a tricky situation now. Spam and Mentos have both claimed to be cops. The question is, which is the true cop? Spam, Mentos, both, or neither?

Spam's claim seems more shaky to me for a few reasons:

-I find it a little odd, regardless of his scenario, that he wouldn't counterclaim immediately
-If Rockin and Jungle are the mafiats, mentosman lying would mean 3 remaining

I think we need to hear some more from mentos.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
actually tht was such BS, i didn't read SM post and that makes everything different.

SPAMM why didnt you counter claim when MENTOS claimed. MAkes you mad suspicious. And I was rooting for you too. Now yur like suspicioso to me.

anyways im at a smashfest right now and a tourney over the weekend. So I won't be on in a while. So relax with the votes guys.

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'll get a post up with my thoughts on this situation probably within the next two hours... Right now I'm outside smoking some hookah, and it's hard to type and do so at the same time.

spam_master

Smash Rookie
That's why I think its a distinct possibility that one of us is a cop that is wrong. When he claimed cop I was like "wtf, im the cop and if hes not a cop then those numbers don't seem fair at all" so I decided to wait to see what happened with the shooting cause I didn't want to end up lynching or shooting someone who is pro town just because they have a messed up ability. If we had lynched 2 town today we would have been screwed.

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Actually, I think I'll just take a break quick because there is a big flaw in his claim timing that's bugging me not to type. If I were lying, that would mean I was in a group with Jungle and Rockin(no other reason to defend them and risk myself). Now, that means given the numbers in the game, if we shot yaya(which I was for) then lynched on the rest, town would lose(me, rockin, jungle as a group with 7 left after yaya shot=town loss if we lynched from the remaining three). Knowing this(and spam knows the game well enough to be aware of this), he would have had to counter claim right away. If we were a group, him "waiting to investigate" me would equate to us having already lynched someone not of that group and having a 3-3, which means town would be done and no investigation would have occurred.

I may have more to post on this in a couple, but right now that is the biggest issue I can see with his claim. Not counter claiming until he was almost lynched, knowing that neither of the two people who had come up guilty for him were going to be lynched, and that if the person counter-claiming his cop were faking it would mean town loss if we went with ANY of the available picks given by said claim, would have claimed right away so town didn't make a massive mistake. Also, as I said, if I weren't sided with Jungle and Rockin I would have no reason to defend them. The naive/paranoid cop idea seems a bit unbalanced given the presence of a godfather(too much cop confusion for town), and if it were the case, his role is the easier to make confused, as giving the roles would mean having to make up backup roles to give to the incorrect cop, instead of simply telling them the wrong alignment.

spam_master

Smash Rookie
I seriously think one of us is just a screwed up cop, I didn't counter claim because I was almost sure that the number of anti-town couldn't be so high as to include you, if my other investigations had been correct.

Now, here was my logic behind not claiming until now.

If I had counter-claimed earlier one of us would have gotten shot and if we are both cops as I suspect then when the victim of macman's shooting came up cop the other would be lynched without question. However, If I hadn't claimed before I was lynched when I would have died I would have come up cop and then thinking that there must only be one cop you would be lynched tommorow.

If I had claimed at any point before yaya's death we both would have died, and the town would have lost.

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Now, if there ARE two cops, it is much more likely I am the real one. Not only would my role be harder to fake for Omis, but what are the odds that if I was a naive cop and Omis faked the role when I investigated Jungle, that things would lead up to them claiming that same role?(At the point of my investigation, this hadn't even been mentioned as a possible role, so the luck of claiming the exact role is extremely low.) Knowing this, if we lynch you as a counter claim, as I outlined before, we then know the two maf and have the numbers to vote them off.

This leads me to believe I am the real cop if there are two, and if you're telling the truth you are the paranoid one. This seems to be the case, which means with the info I have it is a better choice to lynch you. If you AREN'T a cop and we don't lynch you, all you would have to do is kill me at night and claim you investigated me for an inno, and you would have a win when Jungle or Rockin were lynched on the assumption you are the real cop. The evidence points to me being real if there are two, which means you are a safe lynch, and VERY unsafe for town if lying. My vote stands as of now, because it seems highly unlikely my investigation just happened to play to what happened like that.

spam_master

Smash Rookie
That is if Jungle and Rockin are mafia. If they are a cult and say lombardi or someone else is a single remaining mafia then they can recruit and you wont have the numbers to vote them off. They could even recruit you knowing that you are the cop and use you to claim that someone else turned up mafia.

Mr.Lombardi34

Smash Ace
The way mentosman put it, Spam is quite simply the best lynch. It's a win/win situation because either:

1. Spam lied and is mafia (Yay)
2. Spam told the truth, and
a. Is paranoid, so we know rockin/jungle are cleared and Ronike is mafia (Yay)
b. Is real, meaning rockin/jungle are the remaining mafiats (More Yay)

I really should place the hammer vote right now on Spam, but I feel we need to hear from more people first.

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Well, let's see what comes of this... I assume I'll die tonight, unless mafia, like spam, thinks Jungle and Rockin may be a cult type group and decide it's too risky to leave them both alive, so good luck tomorrow guys. If Spam told the truth, and tomorrow comes, I would guess he is paranoid(the mason investigation still makes me think this), and ronike/lombo are the maf. If he lied, we have a mislynch and it's one of those two, so you guys should have this.

Ronike

Smash Ace
Well, hes mafia for sure. Good job guys. Now we just gotta wait for the night...

Yaya

Smash Champion
Agh, I'm a goner, anyways, Town deserves this game, so, since I can't win now, Go town!

Karthik still sucks btw.

Top Bottom