• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

omg YOU GUYS ARE ****ING OWNED!!

Laijin

Smash Hero
^^Yeah, but now XIF can pillar people with Peach. I still wouldn't want to get too close to her.

BTW

Read my Name.

I'll give you one guess who my Main is.

You guys are so owned. I've already got an idea of what every possible attack Sakurai could pull from any Sonic game does.

Gimpy Fish said Sonic will be weird to play though. He was a fast dasher (imagine Captain Falcon, but faster), but his aerials were a little laggy. I hope L-canceling comes back and that it was just taken out for the demo.
lol. I'm not afraid of pillaring.
D-smash is the only thing Peach has against Young Link.

exarch

doot doot doot
Usually not playing Brawl. Location: Enterprise
Anyone who says dsmash is peach's best move is either:
someone who doesnt actually play peach
or
a noob

seriously guys. Dsmash being out isn't that big a deal. Except for those CCers who like to hold down through the whole thing.

She needs it against fox. But apparently fox sucks now. So she's doin fine...

and your shields aren't.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
I'm maining Sonic, seconding Ike. Despite my views of how the game is going to be, I'm still going to be a player to be feared. Don't count me out, by ANY means. Ike and Sonic ftw

BTW, if Lucario/Any of the Golden Sun cast get put in, f*** those last two mains
What I don't understand is how people can say they're going to main and second characters they've never controlled before. Sonic and Ike may feel completely unique, but in a way that you don't enjoy. We don't know anything about how this game is going to run, despite the second hand account we have, thanks to the E for All demo. Anything that Gimpyfish posts could either change or be unique to the demo.

I don't understand how anyone can announce their mains now. It seems dumb.

I'm not even going to jump into this YL/Peach debate.

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
LOL who said Ylink will actually be in the game?!

DUN DUN DUN!!!!

EDIT: I said my main would be peach months before melee came out...and I did just fine with her, for serious =P

Zoro

Smash Champion
What I don't understand is how people can say they're going to main and second characters they've never controlled before. Sonic and Ike may feel completely unique, but in a way that you don't enjoy. We don't know anything about how this game is going to run, despite the second hand account we have, thanks to the E for All demo. Anything that Gimpyfish posts could either change or be unique to the demo.

I'm not even going to jump into this YL/Peach debate.

follow your heart!

Sighrax

Smash Lord
lol i love how liksghi thie thrad is about how i'm apearntly gonna get owne dbut what you really don't know is that i'm gonna crack ya ****** like some apollo creed liberty bell **** mother ****ers stand the **** up for choices not skin color learn the real diversity is in the choices we make and the chances we take prepare for your end pray to freedom
lol
i wonder what wesley was on when he posted this

i love you wes :D

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero

Once again, Read my Name.

That is the name of Sonic's ground shot in Sonic Battle. The down smash Sonic used on Bowser and Wario in his opening vid is the "Sonic Flare", his heavy attack from Sonic Battle. That song is Live and Learn by Crush 40 from Sonic Adventure 2. I've been planing on maining Sonic ever since I heard that Sakurai was even making Super Smash Bros Brawl. I've been dreaming of this ever since Super Smash Bros. came out. I will main Sonic the Hedgehog. The road might be bumpy, but Marth didn't exactly click for me at the begining either. I saw an elegant swordsman and decided I wanted to main him on apperance alone. It actually took quite a while for me to get decent with him. I don't expect Sonic to be any different.

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
Alright, is it just me, or is any other Fox player glad that Fox is nerfified? Geez, I hope he's a low tier, so when I win, it's all the sweeter. : P

Definitely want to try Ike and Pit out. Diddy, too...Sonic, too. I'm also curious about the new Link...he looks so weird. some things are faster...some things are slower. I have no idea what to think about him. And I'm curious about Zelda.

I like how nobody's mentioning Metaknight....idk, I just don't want to play as him. : /

I find myself surprised by how excited I am for this game, now...

The Alpha Gundam

Smash Champion
taking from gimpyfish
PEACH.
alright so peaches dsmash is worse, HOWEVER, peach herself is freaking ****.
Peach's dash attack is changed so it hits twice now, has similar priotity to in melee, but also sets up in a fassion like sheik's ftilt does. its really really good. peach can combo like crazy, one of the best characters i'd say (behind mario and metaknight at least from the level of gameplay we are at now XD)
ALSO, theres a new feature in this game. you can grab items while doing airials. now at first, this might not seem like a big deal. but peach can throw a turnip, do a fair, and grab the turnip MID FAIR to have it ready to be thrown again, oh yeah, did we mention? float canceling is still in.
Peach has combos. oh yeah, peach's forward throw? you know how its really good in melee? well its BETTER in brawl, it kills at lower percent than most moves we saw, its easier to ko with this than with link's up b thats for sure haha
her over b also has a substantial buff, in addition to being able to over b sweetspot with peach, its quick to activate and its not particularly laggy.
Peach can still pull stitch faces and all other variations of turnips, also she can pull mr saturn and the incredibly overpowered new beam swords. (also, neal pulled two stitchfaces in a row, how cool is neal?)

oh also, her up b, when you fast fall it its not nearly as fast, but when you are actually floating you fall even slower, so its sort of a trade off *shrug*

Yeah were doomed lol

GA Peach

Smash Lord
taking from gimpyfish
PEACH.
alright so peaches dsmash is worse, HOWEVER, peach herself is freaking ****.
Peach's dash attack is changed so it hits twice now, has similar priotity to in melee, but also sets up in a fassion like sheik's ftilt does. its really really good. peach can combo like crazy, one of the best characters i'd say (behind mario and metaknight at least from the level of gameplay we are at now XD)
ALSO, theres a new feature in this game. you can grab items while doing airials. now at first, this might not seem like a big deal. but peach can throw a turnip, do a fair, and grab the turnip MID FAIR to have it ready to be thrown again, oh yeah, did we mention? float canceling is still in.
Peach has combos. oh yeah, peach's forward throw? you know how its really good in melee? well its BETTER in brawl, it kills at lower percent than most moves we saw, its easier to ko with this than with link's up b thats for sure haha
her over b also has a substantial buff, in addition to being able to over b sweetspot with peach, its quick to activate and its not particularly laggy.
Peach can still pull stitch faces and all other variations of turnips, also she can pull mr saturn and the incredibly overpowered new beam swords. (also, neal pulled two stitchfaces in a row, how cool is neal?)

oh also, her up b, when you fast fall it its not nearly as fast, but when you are actually floating you fall even slower, so its sort of a trade off *shrug*

Yeah were doomed lol
LOL! Peach players will stand pretty united under the Brawl flag, no doubt.

Zoro

Smash Champion
I dont think fox ll be low maybe mid
i dont think link will be low tier any more either i just have a feeling
but then again we havnt seen all the chars yet so link an fox might actually suck in comparison lol.

MeisterNeumann

Smash Apprentice
High Tier
Bowser
Meta Knight
Peach
Samus
Pika

Low Tier
Pit
Mario
Link
DK
Diddy Kong

Bottom Tier
Fox
Sonic
Ike
Yoshi

Majist

Smash Journeyman
^^okay, we're really not going to know anything for sure until it's actually released. we're looking at a game that is still in development and looking at DEMO videos. what we're seeing is not necessarily what brawl is going to be. i know i'm stating the obvious and everyone is simply speculating (talking out their @sses), but just making up tier lists with nothing to back it up is silly

edit: wow, xyz beat me to it lol. i wonder if his nose broke:teeth:

Laijin

Smash Hero
You guys are ********.
Theres no possible way you will know anything from playing a demo.
lol @ Bowser and Peach being high tier.

Its clearly obvious that spot goes to Zelda and Ike.

xYz

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1049-0933-6834
best character will def be mario.
for sure this time.

and falcon

eastheaven

Smash Ace
all of jigglypuffs moves have minimal knockback and substantial hitstun
rest only sleeps for 2 seconds and kills from 0

Majist

Smash Journeyman
You guys are ********.
Theres no possible way you will know anything from playing a demo.
lol @ Bowser and Peach being high tier.

Its clearly obvious that spot goes to Zelda and Ike.
i would believe peach for high tier without question
all of jigglypuffs moves have minimal knockback and substantial hitstun
rest only sleeps for 2 seconds and kills from 0
are you ****ing SERIOUS?!:urg:

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
i heard comp[peach] won the majority of the matches there even aginst hugs and gimpy. I know its a demo but im pretty sure they are keeping the characters in the demo the way they are. or else they wouldnt be playable yet.

I feel sorry for you guys that think peach only needs dsmash to win easily.... =]

Majist

Smash Journeyman
i heard comp[peach] won the majority of the matches there even aginst hugs and gimpy. I know its a demo but im pretty sure they are keeping the characters in the demo the way they are. or else they wouldnt be playable yet.

I feel sorry for you guys that think peach only needs dsmash to win easily.... =]
for those said people, that is all peach needs

lime_backwards

Smash Lord
Zoro, you and I need to bring Link up in tier spots in Brawl. We gotta make a name for ourselves. The problem is I will also be using Sonic to rule with his speedy awkwardness. What to do,...

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
I want to see some more Wario footage.

That being said, I'm happy to see how Bowser is shaping up. Also, the way it looks, Ike's going to be my kind of character.

Rayku

Smash Lord
^^Yeah, but now XIF can pillar people with Peach. I still wouldn't want to get too close to her.

BTW

Read my Name.

I'll give you one guess who my Main is.

You guys are so owned. I've already got an idea of what every possible attack Sakurai could pull from any Sonic game does.

Gimpy Fish said Sonic will be weird to play though. He was a fast dasher (imagine Captain Falcon, but faster), but his aerials were a little laggy. I hope L-canceling comes back and that it was just taken out for the demo.

Don't you DARE count your chickens before they hatch, sir.

Zoro

Smash Champion
Zoro, you and I need to bring Link up in tier spots in Brawl. We gotta make a name for ourselves. The problem is I will also be using Sonic to rule with his speedy awkwardness. What to do,...
Haha first i gotta make a name for myself in melee

Sonic is doodoo man
Link ftw

Top Bottom