• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Omaha Weekly Smashfests!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uli

Smash Champion
i think we should have a smashfest before OM2 at the digz like they did with halo or somewhere.

Echo

Smash Champion
a big smashfest like that sounds pretty real... but do you think alot of people would go to it?

its either that or just like Me Mo Mike and Smeesh >_> throw in my *****, too :p

Uli

Smash Champion
i guess when people sign up gamers people can tell them to go to a big smashfest where ever it may be, the halo tourny had it at the digz the day before the tourny, a fair amount of people came

Vanilla

Smash Apprentice
Tacoom said:
Hmm, Maybe I can put something on the flyers. however, the tourney is starting at 10 AM
What's the date? Can you post all the details you know?

SM3EsH

Smash Ace
uhh well, idk think that this is going to go as well because like people wont get early notice about it...like they should give us free food :)

they needs to get this **** on the road though because people wont be able to get registered in time and ****.

Echo

Smash Champion
good **** smashin with you guys the past couple days, had to actually play some real people before the tourney lol. I also wanted to try out alot of the **** i been workin on with peach, and I think it went really well.

i'll probably see ya again in couple weeks. ...unless i really do get bored enough to drive up there again >_>

SM3EsH

Smash Ace
dude omg :)
like im out of this house forever this weekend :) :) :)

moving into my sisters place, with her feoncee, its gonna be tight :)
cause like i wont be here with these ****ing lunatics evAr again!!! like yippyki****ingyay!!!

FaceLoran

Smash Champion
yeah dude that was good smeashin even tho I missed Mexi and Leon, we still got in plenty of good games. Your Peach improved a lot.

We're almost to page 200 lol... I <3 Omaha smash thread.

Echo

Smash Champion
he's going. we let him get away with nothing going to SMYM, and he's not going to miss FC.

FaceLoran

Smash Champion
It's just not possible right now. Sucks, but its the way things are.

Btw Ek is nowhere near better than Ken, what would make you think that?

JBM falcon08

Smash Master
In the last matchup CJ tells Ek that he thinks that he is as good as Ken, and Ek's marth seems almost exactly the same as ken's. Also alot of european's believe he is the best in the world, although he did get beat by CJ he is pretty **** amazing as marth.

Uli

Smash Champion
i think everyone should go to the colosium this week and play some games then go sign up for OM2

FaceLoran

Smash Champion
He does way more random fsmashes, the only reason he was so close to CJ is because Sheik's grab is WAY less effective in the version they were playing. Ken is the best player.

JBM falcon08

Smash Master
thats true and all about the PAL version dulling sheik down quite a bit, But isn't that what they use in japan? Also I wouldn't call 4 tippers in a row random Fsmashes, he does indeed use the f smash alot.

SM3EsH

Smash Ace
you should probably have them post pone the om2 tourny till late july...
we should make sure that we can get as much people as we can and i dont think that a little 2 week sign up or notice is gonna do us much...

so like, maybe you should talk to gamers and have them reschedule it cause, this close to the tourny date, no sign ups ;( idk...
like, yous hould throw a brick at someone. :)

Lixivium

Smash Champion
Japan also uses NTSC version.

It's true that in the PAL version, Sheik can't really chaingrab with the D-throw, which is why you see Captain Jack using B-throws on EK.

But, Marth is also nerfed in PAL: he is slightly lighter (easier to kill), and his D-Air can now be meteor-cancelled.

Having said all that, EK is not as good as Ken, but he is probably the best Marth player in Europe, which makes him one of the best in the world.

Big Burn

Smash Lord
Some tragic news...

I have some serious news for everyone. Around tuesday morning at 1 am in Gretna, Brynn (shem's girlfriend) got in a car crash and died.
http://www.ketv.com/news/9361429/detail.html

I know a lot of you "new generation" smashers dont reallly know shem or brynn, but for those of you that do you all know he is a great friend and person and it really sucks that this type of **** happens. So for those of you that believe in god, a couple prayers would be much appreciated at this time.... thanks

Dragon7507

Smash Ace
Oh my gosh, that really sucks, especially when someone dies so young. My prayers are out for her family and shem. Wow, that just really really sucks. :(
Tell shem I am sorry for his loss, and that I hope he remains strong through this tough time. My condolonces.
RIP Brynn, you were too young to be taken.

Echo

Smash Champion
Thats some really bad news. Ive never met either Brynn or Shem, but Its really sad to hear about things like that, its happened to some friends of mine from Columbus, too. Its ****ing **** how one ******* can end a good persons life, especially when they are that young.

I hope Shem, anyone else that was a good friend to her, makes it through alright.

TheRedMarth

Smash Apprentice
Oh my god...

I've met Shem before and he seemed like a great guy. I'm sorry Shem. That's horrible. In all honesty, my deepest condolences go out to you.

I'm so sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom