• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Omaha Weekly Smashfests!

Status
Not open for further replies.

PeachPunk

Smash Apprentice
Ok since I am not allowed to talk on the stupid Lawrence KS Thread I decided to make my own!!! This is just for all the Omaha Smashers who wanna talk about anything dealing w/ Tuesday night smeesh or even if there are other get togethers that Omaha people can go to to have fun and play! Spaming is ok if you use it wisely lol j/j I love spam!!! That and we need a Tourney up here ASAP!!! so if Omaha ppl wanna put one together that would be awsome!!! EXPECIALLY LADY SMASH!!!

Phatgamer1

Smash Lord
I was wondering, is there money involved in these Tuesday smash mini-tournies? If there is, I'll see about maybe making it to one over my Spring Break.

PeachPunk

Smash Apprentice
I know that they were joking but maybe this thread was a good idea. I mean us Omaha kids need a thread to talk on b/c that other Omaha Feb tourney one is just about that tourney and well this one is for specilized Omaha smashers!!!

EDIT: there is no money involved its just for fun!!! Its really fun they do it pretty much like the tourneys w/ the winner and loser bracket. Its pretty much used for a fun time and to get better and learn more about ur character and get help from other players!

Phatgamer1

Smash Lord
I was just wondering cuz it's a 3 hour drive from my place to omaha. I'll see about making it out there though.

dan smith

Smash Champion
*sigh*

Oh....PeachPunk...you know I love you...

You can come back to the E-59 thread if you want...

Please...please come back...

Baal

Smash Cadet
we want to use money on it but most of the time we don't cause everyone of these mother ****ers r poor....but then again i guess i am as well. but yosh drives a couple hours to get here and even if there is no money its still fun cause we play 4 a long ****ing time. and look at it this way the only way 4 u to get better is to get beat by the best....?

PeachPunk

Smash Apprentice
That and the fact that this week Tuesday the 15th i will be able to play Tuesday night smeesh!!!!! thank god for spring break!!!!!! But maybe we could have some mini (hahaha spelled it right!) during the weekends that way everyone can make it and maybe we could get some money involved!!! That and maybe some of the lawrence ppl could come up some weekend and we could do the Lady Smash thing!!! Just some ideas throwing them out there!!!

Big Burn

Smash Lord
Yo this is a good idea to start this thread considering that the omaha tourney is long and gone., i was about to a couple times but i was to **** lazy... good effort peach punk. ..... but yeah any omaha people that ever are interested in playing smash here at the slater/ residence on tuesdays it would be good idea to post in here..... we also might be having a tournament here, the main thing we need to figure out is a place to have it, so if anyone has any ideas that would be helpfull.....anyways i suck at smash... maybe i should think about l canceling..... im out

Tacoom

Smash Lord
Change Tuesday night smeesh into a weekend day. Mid of the week tourneys dont work well for me and I think they dont work well for a few guys there......(mainly the one who have school the next day) please adopt a weekend day :)

PeachPunk

Smash Apprentice
well see we can still have a tuesday night smeesh but i would like to have more during the weekends as well due to the fact that i come down every weekend from Kearney and wanna play!!! SO maybe if we all talk about it we should have tuesday night smeesh and then add one more on either friday or sat night. I mean we could turn this into a big thing like switch houses to go to instead of always playin at the slater res. we could switch off or something??? That and also if we do have it on the weekends even more people could come and play and maybe even get some money involved!!! What do ya all think???

Pyrogamer

Smash Journeyman
How come Kansas/Missouri gets all the female smashers...

Phatty, I'm just gonna PM you my address incase we don't catch each other on AIM before the videos are ready. How long do you think it will take to arrive?

PeachPunk

Smash Apprentice
pyrogamer where ya from? I have never seen you post before! and i am a female smasher from Omaha and we have another one pink_flower whos a female smasher as well! so you don't have all the female smashers

FaceLoran

Smash Champion
Yeah considering its unknown when Omaha's next tourney is...I guess we should prolly chill here for awhile.

Heh I tried to get a entry fee real tourney of like 1-2 dollars this week but people were saying they were flat out broke. I woulda won the money too :-/

Sheik_1234

Smash Cadet
Nice job Brit that was a good idea to make a new thread. God knows the other Omaha thread is way too long.

I seriously would love to adopt a weekend time because I won't be able to make it almost ever because of school and parental units. Plus its just not healthy for some of you guys to go to school the next morning with 2 hours sleep. I had to go to work today at 8 and I was really tired because of Tuesday's smeesh.

Anyways it was really really fun playing! I dont think I have ever played so much smash in my life (like from 6pm-3:15am) I think the best part was when Yosh was showing us all the glitches. Some of those are really cool like the Kirby one or the Mewtwo one. It kinda makes me sad I won't be able to defend my third place next week :o

HuskerTank05

Smash Apprentice
I dont see a problem with Tues night but yeah we could try to set one up on like fri or sat 2 plus the whole idea with money kinda popped up out of nowhere but im pretty sure next time pple will have some

Baal: I talked 2 my grandparents about the church idea and they turned me downed.god I hate it when pple dont understand smash is a way of life its like a sport to pple like us and others dont see it!!!!!!!!!!!!

THEY ALL HATE US!!!!!
im talkin about parents my mom was *****in cuz im came home at 4 after tuesnight smeesh but I said I play smash, I dont care, SHUT UP!! and she did:>lol

Tacoom

Smash Lord
Originally posted by HuskerTank05
I dont see a problem with Tues night but yeah we could try to set one up on like fri or sat,

THEY ALL HATE US!!!!!
im talkin about parents my mom was *****in cuz im came home at 4 after tuesnight smeesh but I said I play smash, I dont care, SHUT UP!! and she did:>lol
Are you sure your not seeing a problem with Tuesdays :chuckle: Id have too agree with shiek1234, It sucks that we cant defend our placings. At the other one I was at I got 2nd, then at this one I got crappy seeding cuz Mo listed me as a noob. I was up agaist him second round. That guy cheats, I swear! :grrr:

Sheik_1234

Smash Cadet
Agreed. Another person who got totally screwed by Mo's corrupt seeding was Kurtis. He had to face Mo in the first round although he is much better than that and probably could've beat a few people there...it is very annoying that we wont be able to defend our seedings next week.....

Tacoom

Smash Lord
Mo + Banned = Too good to be true

Kurtis, ahh what that the falco guy I palyed that I didnt remember playing at the tourney? And I remember when Mo was seeding he yelled from the other room "Yes, Im fighting noob" first round. Not to mentioned that he was in the room alone. Silly b*stard. I ban him from brackets and seeding. And I say since me and shiek cant make it to every Tuesday, we sould keep our spots as we come and go.

Big Burn

Smash Lord
they are held ay my house, if u want to come pm me and i will give the address or whatever.... also have u gone to any of the omaha tourneys at the family fun center batman?

PeachPunk

Smash Apprentice
would really like to move these to a weekend day like Sat. more ppl would beable to show up and well not get in trouble for staying out so late on a school night you **** high schoolers!!! That and I can make it to more of these if its on Sat!!! but for all of you guys coming to it this tuesday be willin to see the best girl smasher!!! lol

Phatgamer1

Smash Lord
If it was on a Saturday, I'd be willing to go fo sho. LOLZ. GO FO SHO.XDDDDDD........................>.>

Anyway I would like to make it to at least one of these smashfests. Just so I can be best in Nebraska.:p

Sheik_1234

Smash Cadet
Haha Phat, yea right. I guess I've never really seen you play.

Saturday sounds good but then again I have problems w/ staying late because of cerfew issues. Plus the weekends are the only times I get to see my girl-friends seeing that I go to an all guys school :mad:

Tacoom

Smash Lord
I guess with summer creeping up, it would be ok to keep tues night smash. In the summer it wouldnt really matter + I might be living there with Aaron by then.

Baal

Smash Cadet
yeah having tuesday night smash moved to the weekends sounds good in theory, but its not that easy. i can't really speak 4 everyone but me and mario_1234 normaly go and hang out w/ other people not saying that smash isn't the **** its just that weekends r 4 parties i mean come on........?

dan smith

Smash Champion
It would be hard for any single member of the Omaha Smash Crew to judge himself alongside his crewmates. So I will judge them for you.

The best: Tacoom. Seriously.

Uhhh....

The guys who have placed highest in tournies recently: Mo (FaceLoran) came in second at the most recent Omaha tourney. In the previous tournament Mike (who isn't on the boards much...) placed second, and before that Murn (Mario_1234) has placed second once and first once.

Darkrain always wins...

ThE_BaTmAn

Smash Lord
yeah i was in one of the early tourneys way back then i went on a tour to go check out some schools. when is the next big tourney at the center ne way

FaceLoran

Smash Champion
Whew lotta stuff to cover....

Batman we are always always always looking for more people to Smash with. Even if you are noob, you will eventually shed the noobness after playing Smash with us for awhile. Give us a holler.

Best in Nebraska? It's me right now :-P Last week it was David from FFC, the guy who runs the tournies there. Maybe you remember him.

Seeding clarification....Murn was in the room with me! :skull: You fools are just mad cuz you couldn't handle your horrid luck! Look at that boy JEFF he got 9th seed but took it to a 3rd place finish. It was totally random and I can't help it if I face Noob first round :-P Wouldn't you have celebrated? Ok as compensation...next time we have a big tourney with like 12+ people...no matter the previous weeks results I offer to take last seed for myself. Seriously :)

With regards to Tuesday night Smeash....I dunno. I can handle both Tuesday and Saturday. Shea is right about them always partying every Saturday. Another thing is the main reason we picked Tuesday was numerous people, including David, me, and Mike happen to be off Tuesdays. David works every day but Sat. and Tues. On the other hand I do enjoy the additional competition of having Yosh and Jeff there.

ThE_BaTmAn

Smash Lord
hey thanks for the info man i need all i can get. but just for FVI faceloran i'm a noob to this site, i am by no means a noob in smash k :D

cue

Smash Journeyman
Sats .... no! :o well i mean i'd be there most of the time but only till a certin time..sats are my only night off besides tuesdays..and seein as tuesdays a weekday .... i like weekend girls ,not weekday girls :) o yeah and other gamessss:crazy:

OO oo and SHem , this week, for real, i'm for sure, i give you my power ~~~~~ there now you shalll win! :)

oooooooo oo annndd i'm leavin in the morn for houston , wish me luck *****rs :D

PeachPunk

Smash Apprentice
the only reason why i wanted to move it to sat is b/c i am only here on the weekends. But I guess summer is coming up so it wouldn't be that bad any more but i mean come on drunk smeesh is still pretty fun!!!

Sheik_1234

Smash Cadet
It'll be really nice when summer finally gets here. Spring Break was fun but it's no summer. I have a feeling I'll be able to go to Tuesday night smash during the summer but for the rest of the school year I won't be attending...

Pyrogamer

Smash Journeyman
ooooo Omaha is in Nebraska, i feel dumb now.

PeachPunk, I'm from Ohio. I visited Phatgamer last christmas and went to a tourney(and won :cool: ), there were 2 female smashers that were actually good and then I saw some more in this topic. Ohio only has one real female smasher, she's pretty darn good too. Jesi is the best that i've seen though.

I <3 Dan too i guess...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom