• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Olimar

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
You guys wanna know the best part?

We can now give Olimar his own forum under the confirmed characters. :3

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Congrats on the reveal Oli-mains and Oli-alts! Now we just need a certain other Captain to be revealed.

Kamikazek

Smash Lord
Like said above I wish to keep Olimar as he is in Brawl, he was perfect. It seems Alph is the main character of Pikmin 3 and I think that Olimar is too iconic of the Pikmin franchise so I do not think they will replace him with Alph. I would support Pikmin getting Alph as another rep using the Rock and Flying Pikmin instead of the traditional five. They could just cut back on the number of Pikmin for the 3DS version, maybe to 3 Pikmin on the screen at once.
You might be right about the 3 pikmin at once. As someone pointed out in another thread, none of the pictures on the site show more than 3 pikmin. Olimar may very well be nerfed only to 3 pikmin(in both versions). Hopefully not though.

ZeldaMaster

Smash Lord
Yes! Finally and actual update! Those screenshots were starting to piss me off... but Olimar confirmed!!!!!!!!! I hope Sakurai implements rock and winged pikmin.

Xhampi

Smash Lord
My worst nightmare has returned, no doubt he will once again kick my a** in this new game ^^
Anyway congratulations.

ZeldaMaster

Smash Lord
What do you guys think the new stage is? In the background of the last image, you can see a spaceship which also appears in Pikmin 3.

UberMadman

Smash Lord
NNID
Psychotic_Forces
What do you guys think the new stage is? In the background of the last image, you can see a spaceship which also appears in Pikmin 3.

Now the real question remains... if Olimar's stage is from Pikmin 3, then will he be able to command the Rock/Winged Pikmin in this game? They're not in ANY of the screenshots.

Mewtario

Smash Ace
It was pretty much exactly one month since they revealed their previous characters, so it looks like that will be how the new website might work: new screenshots every weekday, new character every month.

Unless they make new character releases more rapidly as time progresses, or unless this is not a pattern at all, or unless they will keep characters secret until the game launches, it looks like this new game will have 18-30 characters, at least when it launches, unless we all start hoping for delays!

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
You know what's the best thing about today's update?

Olimar's gimmick was NOT watered down!

SpaceJell0

Smash Ace
NNID
SpaceJell0
3DS FC
0104-0342-5999
Another possible way to try to predict when new characters could be revealed is by noticing that Pikmin 3 comes out tomorrow in Japan.
Maybe Olimar is an exception so they can advertise Pikmin? I don't really care cause one of my mains and faves is returning :D Hopefully this one character a month thing is real so I can expect a new character in a month.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Just came here to congratulate all the Olimar lovers your minds are at rest xD.

I woke up like...ughh..time to see the daily pic....horay...
Saw challenger approaching and my eyes cummed.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
How does one's eye cumm?
i dont even know myself...i was as shocked as you are when it happened...it was kinda like a egg getting fried on my eye then the white juice empoloded!

Im kinda scared whats gonna happen to me when Mewtwo comes back.....probly vomit out my ass and direhea out my mouth.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Do you think he will be limited to 3 Pikmin for the sake of the 3DS version?
It might be the case. But it still was a good idea to reduce the number of pikmin. Dealing with 6 of them was really difficult.

It also makes Olimar less prone to lose pikmin from opponents' attacks.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Luckily the ppl at Namco are pretty good at Character Balancing.
I'm hoping for nerfs and buffs to him.

oxyborb

Smash Ace
NNID
oxyborb
3DS FC
4124-5009-7204
I have a feeling they reduced the number of pikmin to 3 because his new UP-B is flying pikmin, his new DOWN-B is rock pikmin, and his 3 standard pikmin are harder to kill and he re-picks them with an A move.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
One little difference is he has a built in whistle like the Captains in Pikmin 3 do.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
Hypothetical question time!

Do you think the fact Olimar was revealed today, on July 11th (one month after Smash 4's reveal, on June 11th), was pure coincidence? Or perhaps it's a sign of a pattern of characters being revealed on a monthly basis?
EDIT: Oh, he was revealed today? There goes my theory!

That said, very glad to see Olimar back! He was one of my favorites in Brawl.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
WOOT! Olimar confirmed! Great to see another unique character in Smash 4.

Renji64

Smash Lord
Get ready for people camping with olimar i could never watch or enjoy matches with people who played him too much standing around.

Gormanbros

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0817-3869-4592
Awesome. As someone who used Olimar as a second to Toon Link, this is really cool to hear. :) That stage is beautiful too.

Top Bottom