• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Olimar Tournament Results

Status
Not open for further replies.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
me and awex didn't do so great =( we both lost to SPAMMY metaknights
emphasis on spammy, all they did was whorenado, shuttle loop, and down smash and because of that we didn't place well

mr.x couldn't play because he had to run the whole thing

oh and snake is a rather easy match up for olimar 0-60% almost guaranteed every stock and can kill at a reasonable percent
around 120% maybe less
that sucks. :(
I don't seem to have any trouble with Snake either. You just stay on the ground and either grab, fsmash, or dsmash when they get close. grab combos on him usually range from about 30-60%)

aww and just missed the money too. rip off. what happened with the kirby?
This is how it went: I won a couple sets using only Olimar and I went up against this good DK. He beat me the first match, I beat him the second, and he CP MK. He beat my helmet off. It was sad. I went to the loser's bracket and had to work my way up. I had to face a MK/D3 main after I won a set against ness. He knew I used Olimar so I asked for a blind pick. I picked lucario and he picked MK to beat my Olimar. I beat his spammy MK with lucario and he switched to D3 and owned me with chaingrabs. I CP Olimar and smacked his face in. It was sad, but awesome at the same time. I went on to lose to this awesome kirby as Olimar.(I had never played a decent kirby. :() I CP Ike and it didn't go so well either. I felt kind dumb afterwards cuz I stupidly chose my Ike instead of marth... missed the money... It was my first big tourney though, so it was all for fun and practice. ^__^

shrinkray21

Smash Ace
that sucks. :(
I don't seem to have any trouble with Snake either. You just stay on the ground and either grab, fsmash, or dsmash when they get close. grab combos on him usually range from about 30-60%)

This is how it went: I won a couple sets using only Olimar and I went up against this good DK. He beat me the first match, I beat him the second, and he CP MK. He beat my helmet off. It was sad. I went to the loser's bracket and had to work my way up. I had to face a MK/D3 main after I won a set against ness. He knew I used Olimar so I asked for a blind pick. I picked lucario and he picked MK to beat my Olimar. I beat his spammy MK with lucario and he switched to D3 and owned me with chaingrabs. I CP Olimar and smacked his face in. It was sad, but awesome at the same time. I went on to lose to this awesome kirby as Olimar.(I had never played a decent kirby. :() I CP Ike and it didn't go so well either. I felt kind dumb afterwards cuz I stupidly chose my Ike instead of marth... missed the money... It was my first big tourney though, so it was all for fun and practice. ^__^
my last 4 losses in tourney matches are against good kirby's...kirby doesn't have a good enough matchup to force olly to counterpick, but he has the advantage.

KMAY

Smash Apprentice
I played an awesome kirby in my tourney as well. I lost the first match miserably but then i just ran around the stage and rolled just before he got to me and punished him when he landed his dair or bair or whatever. You just can stand there and try to upsmash or dsmash, you HAVE to move around! Worked so great in the third match i was 3 stocking him and he quit lol.

KMAY

Smash Apprentice
I played H1roshi.

Edit: I just put up a quick little guide for defending characters like Kirby who come down with a lot of dairs in the NC-Echo Guide...hope its not old and it helps

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
wish I lived in NY. There's like a tourney every week over there right?

asob4

Smash Champion
you should move to so cal
AV has a local every week unless there's a better one out of town or a major
did i mention so cal *****? cause so cal totally *****

Starzonedge

Smash Ace
wow good job starz
you the only oli in NYC?
HollaAtchaBoy also goes to the weeklies, but recently I've been the only one entering the weeklies.

Update:

H2YL Presents - Critical Hit 3 Results (MD 7/5/08)

Singles
1: Mew2King (MK)
2: Azen (Lucario)
3: Chillin (Falco)
4. Neo (Marth)
5. Forte (MK)
6. PC (Snake)
7. Plairnkk (MK)
7. DSF (Snake)
9. Meep (Marth)
9. BasicSausage (Dedede)
9. Cort (Snake)
9. Starzonedge (Olimar)

Forte took me out with his Meta Knight, twice. Once in Winners, once in Losers. :( I need practice against MK.

Noraa

Smash Lord
Its ok starz, he beat me in the Cyberden tourny against my olimar =[, i think we just need a plan for his MK lol

IcyLight

Smash Lord
Reapers Game III

eams:

1.) Magical Rainbow Express (Zro + Snakee)
2.) Icy Spawn (IcyLight + Spawn) ********* Olimar and TL
3.) Infamous Badguys (Sol + Nintendude)
4.) Bucketloads of Sweat
5.) Foxhound

Singles:
Ehh no comment. Bad singles day for the olimar :(

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
random tourneys i entered(forgot name, i forgot my place in like 7 others but they were all high place)
1st place
2nd place
3rd place
3rd place
4th place
5th place

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
placed top 8 again yesterday. I'll post the details later.

edit:

Entrants-22
Birmingham, AL
entry fee- 15$

Singles: Bracket Top 8
1: 205 [Diddy Kong] ($231.00)
2: Elevate [King Dedede and Mr. Game & Watch] ($66.00)
3: Pr0t0 [Mr. Game & Watch] ($33.00)
4: George [Kirby and Donkey Kong]
5: Baky [Snake]
5: DanGR [Olimar, DK, and Lucario] I didn't win any matches as Lucario. I used Olimar more than DK.
7: Phantom [King Dedede and Mr. Game & Watch]
7: theONEjanitor [R.O.B., Diddy, and Sheik/Zelda, not one or the other. both in a single match often times]

Other placings
9: MookieRah [R.O.B.]
9: Clint Beastwood [Mr. Game & Watch]
9: popsofctown [Zelda/Sheik]
9: Chaz
13: Duchock [Ness]
13: Geist
13: 3GOD [Wario]
13: Thes
17: Patrick Falcon [Captain Falcon!!!]
17: Z!DTM
17: Intact
17: Cubic [Link]
17: London
17: Excudo

Links: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=183615
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=179632&page=2

Jadedlink

Smash Apprentice
Gettin' Smashed!
entrants - around 20

Brawl Singles went

1st Melee1
2nd Sethlon
3rd Infinity
4th Hylian

These are the only places recorded. I looked at the bracket and I think I was at least top 10 maybe a little higher. I got 5th and 3rd at another tournament, but really don't have any information about those.
Link: http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=176679

asob4

Smash Champion
got top 8 at the most recent chula vista weekly
i was forced to play gnw as i had to play a lot of good marths
all others were oli.
supposed to play DSF and get them recorded but we never played :(

shrinkray21

Smash Ace
July 19 results

Brawl Singles Results

1 Disciple - Lucario
2 ShrinkRay Olly/Mk
3 Seanson - Lucas
4 Deepak Kirby/Falco/Snake
5 Neo Magic - Ness
5 Sparrow - ZSS
7 Bluewolf
7 SDM
9 Ulti
9 Big Tuna
9 GreenBunny
9 56k /
13 FireWulf
13 Vaan
13 Nappy
13 Slivr
17 King.Wobby.
17 Nold
17 R1ngo
17 Revengska
17 Spinr /
17 Bombr

asob4

Smash Champion
yeah go fearless :D

i'm gonna try to place high at oxnard, BIO, and Axis
all 100+ people tournies out here in good ol' cali

shanus

Smash Hero
got 5th or 6th today at OSTETES, and 3rd in doubles. So many Metaknights >.> That and cort and OBM touched my naught zone.

shanus

Smash Hero
almost had a sick comeback on one metaknight, i had to resort to be a campy little holimar tho :-(

good games there emmy

shanus

Smash Hero
The guy who was supposed to tape me didn't bother. Although I think one of my friend got 1 or 2 vids of me first rocking a MK, then losing hard. Will try and nab em to put online soon.

Zori

Smash Champion
I just got 25 out of 97, This first person I played was the person who won the whole tournament and he plays snake so....... (no trying to john lol) I think that's pretty good but I could of done a lot better.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
97 peeps? Where do you live? I'm coming!

I'm wondering if the OP is gonna update with our results.

Tamoo

Smash Master
Ive come 4th in a london tournament but not too many ppl, only like 10
Then came 3rd in the next tournament but it wasnt official ranking because there were 'too many ppl' lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom