• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Olimar Tournament Results

Status
Not open for further replies.

RichBrown

Smash Master
Not gonna lie, I've been playing MK here and there for lulz, it's pretty fun lol. He is basically like a super unbelievably buffed kirby, and I secondary kirby so it comes naturally hahaha

I actually busted out kirby in the first round against some kid who hardly knew what he was doing. I kirbycided his first 2 stocks (i effed up on the 2nd one and killed myself too) and on the 3rd stock I flew under FD, and he went to edge guard me but he screwed up and died XD

Awex

Smash Lord
9th out of 65 people. I lost to DSF and Mike Haze (MK and Marth)

In fact, that day I played..

Marth (W)
MK (W)
MK (L)
Sonic (W)
Marth (W)
Marth (L)

>_>

Pyronic_Star

Smash Champion
i got 13th in singles using only olimar, and in teams with a diddy at the 4th ecrc event last saturday

i lost to m2k and jceaser in singles
and in teams i lost to azen/chillin and lobos/some other guy my teamate gimped me one round vs azen/chillin and took a stock the other round.... we could won, blew my life haha

Pyronic_Star

Smash Champion
nc-echo made it to this toruny too, but he didn't do as well :// no show from black waltz nor starz which surprised me, i wanted more oli reps lol

Maniclysane

Smash Lord
3rd place at a Local tourny. Jiggz/ Olimar. I used Jiggz first round and got ***** by a Kirby and switched to Olimar for the rest of the tourny. Only about 20 people though. :(

asob4

Smash Champion
if i make it to quizno's on sunday, i'm gonna go oli/gnw. i might even start off with gnw just to **** with people

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
3rd at a weekly. Still having lucario problems... still refuse to believe it's a 60:40 matchup, our favor.... but i'm usually wrong.

Fino, did you ever play against that Link that won that tournament in kirksville? i'd like to see videos if there any exist

._.

asob4

Smash Champion
luc is easy peasy
i've only had problems with BoA's lucario and that's just cause he's BoA

RichBrown

Smash Master
Holy hell

I got 5th outta 85 people today at quiznos. Took out Teba, a few other really good players. Got ***** by shadowrob lol.

RichBrown

Smash Master
Yeah I actually wanted to ask you about that, how the heck did you beat him? I had no answer to anything he did, it was probably the worst I've ever been beaten in a tournament match lol

asob4

Smash Champion
i got VERY VERY lucky hahahaha

up b kill on brinstar :/
oh and he played wolf the first match because it was at a friendly little tourney, but then he went rob and we got hella serious

asob4

Smash Champion
i'm sure quizno's will be posted by someone, don't worry about that
don't know about the others

RichBrown

Smash Master
Yeah I've had a string of top 8 performances lately, I'm just too lazy to post them, besides I want Olimar to stay mid tier for as long as possible :p

Fino

Smash Master
I got 5th out of.... 16 XD No newbs though. All really good smashers. Taken out by a squirtle main O_O (see my pokemon john thread). I was too humiliated to perform at the top of my game... :urg:

~Fino

Cook

Smash Master
he's going to high tier as soon as they come out with a new one
there's no denying it
I know, it sucks. And I loved telling my friends that Oli's only middle tier whenever they ***** about him being too good.

Jadedlink

Smash Apprentice
1st out of 28th here at a tournament at UT in Austin. 3 stocked nearly everyone except someone I usually play and a Wolf main, my most hated matchup.

asob4

Smash Champion
me, mr. x, and some random olimar made it out of pools at the WC circuit. i went 10-4 in my pool clinching 2nd
i ended up going 0-2 in bracket :(
mr. x did well losing to i forget who first then fiction.
the other olimar is ******** and knows nothing of the scene and got ***** by creepy fingers in losers and i dunno bout losers, but he went 0-2 as well.
awex and rich didn't make it out of pools

i got cruise johns for my loss to jont lol! <3 fino

EDIT: i went blue for every second match in pools save for 1 and went blue on cruise

asob4

Smash Champion
it was tough
the bracket was 36 of WC's finest

i'm glad i was even part of it :)
pools were exhausting

buut oli free for alls and teams was tooo gooood with awex, mr. x, richbrown, and i
me and mr. x **** awex and rich shhhhhhh

for real, double oli team would ****. some interesting **** can happen

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
1st out of 28th here at a tournament at UT in Austin. 3 stocked nearly everyone except someone I usually play and a Wolf main, my most hated matchup.
!!!

Post the results and I'll submit them to Ankoku's thread.

Zori

Smash Champion
I must be the only olimar player that hates doubles then.... I don't even know why i enter anymore -_-'

anyways.... i got 7th out of 35 I believe ill post the full results when they go up.

ps i ***** low tier with jigglypuff.

asob4

Smash Champion
i <3 doubles but i play gdubs in it usually

next tourney, i'm gonna try to team with awex and go double oli

RichBrown

Smash Master
Olimar free for alls were AMAZING. That was a major highlight of my day. I'm glad I finally got to meet Mr X, he *****. My pool was unfortunate, I had shadowrob and michael hay, which basically meant 7 other people were clawing for that one spot. I at least managed to get a match off michael hay, almost beat shadowrob the 2nd game.

I had another olimar in my pool, and I'm HORRIBLE at olimar dittos and he 2-0ed me, which clinched him the 3rd spot because we had the exact same record against everyone else. Not gonna lie, that really hurt. I'm gonna pick up marth for the sheer purpose of beating olimar (and maybe beating peach and luigi too).

oh yeah to skank, awex, and mr x: I'm teaming with one of you and we are going double oli next tournament I go to that typh doesn't show. typh and I went double PT yesterday and got ***** but it was fun ^_^

Rocann

Smash Lord
NEC9 tournament

1: Mew2King (Meta Knight)
2: Snakeee (Zero Suit Samus)
3: Inui (Meta Knight/Snake)
4: AndyG (Olimar)
5: Atomsk (Dedede/Olimar)
5: ChiboSempai (R.O.B.)
7: PRiDE (Yoshi)
7: Rush (Diddy Kong)
9: Blue
9: Jeron
9: Alex
9: Crismas
13: MasterChibi
13: SSZero

My match vs Snakeee (winner's bracket which I lost went to 3rd map, and my match vs Inui went to 3rd map. Quote from inui directly after that - "You just got ***** by tripping." On two different stocks, I grabbed him at 0% and dthrow -> trip. No johns, but that's a fact.

It was fun, I'm probably gonna be first on PA power rankings now ^_^

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
1. Tactical (Lucario)
2. Equi (Wolf)
3. Rowan (Peach)
4. Overswarm (Rob/Snake)
5. Hilt (Olimar)
6. Light(Falco)
7. Spec (Falco)
8. Cr4sh (Ouiji)

MK was banned btw >.>