• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Olimar Tournament Results

Status
Not open for further replies.

asob4

Smash Champion
under dory's name >.>
i feel sooo bad about it though!!!!!! )))): i love hall and all of san diego i should've let him have the win even though i won
i feel hella guilty and undeserving

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
1. Rowan (Peach, Pokemon Trainer)
2. Hilt (Olimar)
3. Paladin (Meta Knight, Fox)
4. Tactical (Lucario)
5. Harbinger (DK, Pikachu)
5. Mr. 9 (Game and Watch)
7. Protein (Ness)
7. Pie (Wolf)

:D

i'll probably try to upload some videos from this as soon as possible... since i dont think i have any videos online lol

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Good stuff. Did Rowan use Peach outside of your matches with him?

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
yeah that's his main. he only used pokemon trainer in a few of his games. managed to take some games off of him at corneria and pipes lol

and this was a weekly
fino's commin down next week

Rocann

Smash Lord
Doubles

1: Sorry We Came (dmbrandon + Mew2King)
2: Rush Beat Xzax In a MM and the other one he Lost Doesn't Count and Rush is Better than Vex Kasrani anyWay (AndyG + Vex Kasrani)
3: We Have Some Pie (ChiboSempai + Rogue Pit)
4: Team Niptuck (Eazy + Litez)
5: TNT (TUSM + Stef)
5: UFB (Squall + mib)
7: Stupid Dumb Monkeys (phillyrider + ac)
7: XSteel (Xzax + Steel2nd)
9: High Voltage's Best (Ussi + Kaylo)
9: Team Team (Zach + McGraw)

Singles

1: Mew2King (MK)
2: AndyG (Olimar)
3: dmbrandon (MK)
4: Eazy (Marth/Toon Link)
5: ChiboSempai (ROB, and Charizard once!)
5: Vex Kasrani (DDD, Game and Watch)
7: Xzax (MK)
7: mib (Toon Link)
9: Rush (Diddy Kong)
9: Steel2nd (Marth)
9: TUSM (DDD)
9: phillyrider (Diddy Kong)
13: .com (Olimar)
13: Squall (MK)
13: Rogue Pit (...)
13: ac (DK)
17: Clai (Ganondorf/Kirby)
17: Mike
17: cylf (Luigi)
17: Ice
17: Litez (Snake/MK)
17: Johnny
17: Stress
17: Zach
25: Kaylo
25: McGraw
25: Mc****
25: Paul
25: Stef
25: Ussi (Charizard)

my set (one set, winner's finals, we didn't play grand finals it was past midnight) with m2k went

first map: I forget, we both finished last stock over 90% he won
second map: lylat, same deal
third map: I CP'd rainbow cruise to test something out and the exact same results. Every match was that close, so I'm not happy with myself. I can win, so I want to really badly.

also I avenged blackwaltz's defeat at the hands of dmbrandon last weekend. I 3 stocked him once on lylat and on frigate, he killed me once in like 1 second and I never died again XD. It did go to all 5 games, though (loser's finals, he lost to Chibo earlier) so huge respect

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
I was about to post my results from a tourney I just got back from tonight, but seeing Andy G's results...
Any vids?

Anyways,
My partner and I won doubles. >_>

I got third in the $2 entry fee stamina mode tourney.

We never actually finished singles. The mall that the tourney was at closed at ten and we didn't have time to finish... The two people that were in the winner's finals (one was my partner) played for the 1st place. Everyone else got their money back...

I was still in the running. I was winning a match with a Rob at about loser's semifinals or something when we were forced to quit.

(I know, that's lame!!!)

I think some vids are on their way. *hmmf*

Rocann

Smash Lord
There is one video of one match against .com (used to be protoman) where I almost lose XDD, no johns

then 2nd match starts on his CP and he pauses and is like "uhh, I think my controls are messed up, can we restart?" (no video we had to switch from the other screen, it was hurting my eyes and there wasn't enough noise)

little did he know, in the first 15 seconds or so of the match I had gotten ghost pikmin. so of course I let him restart hahaha and ended up winning that. so yeah I guess there's one vid. I don't have any vs diem or m2k unfortunately :(

sucks about your tourney, good job winning doubles

Dyyne

Smash Ace
Me and dabuz went to a tourney yesterday. He got first in singles and second in doubles, splitting in both of them before that. I was lucky enough to be match up'd with dabuz....first round. So, for the sake of not playing an olimar ditto, I played other characters I wasn't as good at, while he stuck with olimar, so he won. The I just played poorly in a match in loser's bracket, so I had like 17th out of 30 something, or something along those lines.

IcyLight

Smash Lord
Brawl Doubles

1: IcyNoodles ($96.00)
2: Boys will be boys (Keen + Ree) ($48.00)
3: Kevin.hack (Kevin + .Hack) ($16.00)
4: The Mages (obm + Buuman)
5: Nuroxys (Nuro + deoxys)
5: Team Maverick Aswell (Hot Karl + Copasetic)
7: Cartoon Heroes (Ace + Riot)
7: Dutch Masters (Dan D + LLPK?)
9: The Swords (Ron + Shawn)
9: Green Team (R.A. + SMC)
9: Maverick (Heet + T Pain)
9: Basic sucks but I <3 you guys (Slash + EtherLight)
13: OM NOM NOM!!!!!!! (Meek + Chii)
13: Dwight+Garret
13: Team Gurren (Pat + Dave)
13: Sparkle Motion (Humpy Thrash About + Remmington Lone Spear)

Brawl Singles

1: Fatal ($135.00)
2: IcyLight ($67.50)
3: Noodles ($22.50)
4: Nuro
5: Green Ace
5: Keen
5: deoxys
7: Buuman
7: omegablackmage
9: EtherLight
9: Riot
9: Kevin
13: Hot Karl
13: Wigz
13: LLPK
13: Dreamscythe
17: Garret
17: Copasetic
17: Dan D
17: Mr Escalator
17: Dwight
17: T Pain
17: Albi The Racist Dragon
17: Fragnum
25: The Other Guy
25: Prozac
25: Ron
25: .hack
25: Pat
25: Hayato
25: Humpy Thrash About
25: Heet

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
Fino Asc and I didnt end up doing so great at the midwest chamionships

we all ended up tying each other for 17th out of 63 lol....

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
yeah, i beleive there was somewhere a little above 30 for singles, where i fought basic sausage for losers finals and blackanese for grand finals(person who beat me in 1$ mm and winners bracket tourney match before)(we did a weird split though, because i and everyone else didn't think i could win i agreed to like a 80/70/55 split instead of losing and only making like $20(which i thought would otherwise happen), i wanted it to be even or at least a little closer but basic sausage is stubborn, so the final rounds were just for placement

for doubles me and doommachine(X-0) (snake/pikachu) fought those two on a team twice for doubles, first matches we won then in grand finals they beat us after we decided to split(35$ each)

edit: here are exact results: (proof online skill=offline skill)
Brawl Singles

1: Dabuz (split)
1: Blackanese (split)
1: Basic Sausage (split)
4: Eli
5: Kirin
5: MTD
7: Problem
7: Whut?
9: Lexington Steel
9: X-0
9: NU
9: Will
13: Sleep
13: Mike G
13: Doowop
13: CJTHeroofTime
17: Vanek
17: Tick
17: Dyyne
17: Jay
17: Gir
17: Tock
17: PD
25: Khanti
25: Mook
25: Kane
25: 12ain
25: Lefty
25: Disco

Brawl Doubles

1: Black Sausage (split)
1: X-0 + Dabuz (split)
3: Eli+ Eli's Partner
4: Will + Mike G
5: Ski-ball Johns
5: CJT + Vanek
7: Tyrin+Khanti
7: Smile if you're Gay!

Rocann

Smash Lord
dabuz just because you win a tournament and you are good online does not mean that online skill is the same as offline... yeah in general they are the same, so a GOOD player is gonna be good on both, but there is no arguing that there are tactics that are greatly increased in effectiveness online and that players that take advantage of them will do better, and that there are things you can only do offline that make a great player better, like being able to actually punish airdodges and rolls on reaction instead of prediction.

I win tournaments often and if I don't win, I'm generally top 3 only under professionals. I suck online, because my playstyle has become less ******** bull**** and more stuff that you can only do offline. notice that one of the only decent players there is blackanese, who plays online all the time and is really good there... but he gets like 9th all the time at BX biweeklies to people that play offline every day. some people can make that transition, some don't. congrats on being able to and congrats on winning

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
dabuz just because you win a tournament and you are good online does not mean that online skill is the same as offline... yeah in general they are the same, so a GOOD player is gonna be good on both, but there is no arguing that there are tactics that are greatly increased in effectiveness online and that players that take advantage of them will do better, and that there are things you can only do offline that make a great player better, like being able to actually punish airdodges and rolls on reaction instead of prediction.

I win tournaments often and if I don't win, I'm generally top 3 only under professionals. I suck online, because my playstyle has become less ******** bull**** and more stuff that you can only do offline. notice that one of the only decent players there is blackanese, who plays online all the time and is really good there... but he gets like 9th all the time at BX biweeklies to people that play offline every day. some people can make that transition, some don't. congrats on being able to and congrats on winning
man, can't let me feel proud of winning, can yah? i mean, i really just felt proud that i proved not everyone is effected much from playing in different settings(except for fox, which dyyne showed me) and proved that i can be both really good online and offline,

and tbh, me and blackanese both played somewhat better offline than we did online, he could get more grabs and then tech chase me better, time smashes more, i could tech better(or even tech), get up edges right, and punish rolls with purple upsmashes more, do reaction based pivot grab combo chasing, ect.

, im not saying that online and offline are the same exact thing, im just saying if someone is good online that they can be equally good if not better offline, and also, those techs you said don't work offline that i use online, well, i actually used the same techs and they worked just as well, trust me, they really did,

seriously, let me just be proud that i won an irl tourney against good players and stop saying that online is completely different from offline(because wifi does indeed create beasts)

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
This is what I think prompted AndyG to post what he did. It's just not true. You can be a decent player online and be horrible offline. Likewise, you could be AWESOME offline and be bad online.

As for me, I would describe myself as relying a considerable amount more on reaction time and matchup and player knowledge than tech skill and prediction. (I'm not saying I'm bad in the two latter categories- just that I'm much better at the first. :O)

Playing online screws that up. All of the sudden, I can't use my reaction time. I can't actually see Sheik place her first foot on the ground in front of her while planting her back foor- indicating an fsmash. Everything I've read and studied stays with me, but it's useless when I can't put that knowledge into practice.

edit:
I'm the pimp in the brown jacket on the right: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ikU...0781-brawl-tournament-game-galaxy-antioch-tn/
I think we three stocked these dudes, lol.

Rocann

Smash Lord
I totally said congrats on winning. You did good. But yeah my post was in response to "online skill = offline skill" which is complete BS, and I didn't think the whole "if someone is good online they can be good offline" is what you were going for considering it's already been shown by like 4000 players for every character.

once again, good job

asob4

Smash Champion
hey guyz!
i made it out of second round of pools at WGF, waiting on bracket to be made

wish me luck!!

asob4

Smash Champion
on school computers lol
i had a death pool
sky, hugs, champ, and jonT

2-1 vs sky and hugs, 1-2 vs champ, 2-0 jonT

edrees and i agree peach vs oli is 60-40 at worst

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
Dabuz. did you play Eli in the brackets?
yeah i did, fought eli in loser semis, and me, basic sausage, and blackanese still played the final matches out for placements(hopefully vids will be up)

ok then nvm rocann, i thought you were trying to disregard my win because blackanese plays much more online than offline, and i thought you meant no one can play online and offline the same or similar>.< well, i guess i wrote a wall off text for nothing then
/posts about this subject

dangr: yeah, i guess i can see what you mean, i kinda mix both reaction and prediction together evenly so thats probably why i am pretty equal in both settings and why i think online=offline>.<

edit: oh **** asob, good stuff! good stuff!

Fino

Smash Master

Lol. I got major bracket screwed johns at the midwest circuit championships. I played the number 1 and 2 people (circuit point wise) back to back, but oh well.
I'll be gone for awhile...

~Fino

RichBrown

Smash Master
I managed to make it outta bracket at WGF which I was pretty happy about.

Unfortunately I had to play Leepuff and MogX. LP ***** me, and MogX was pretty close but he overall outplayed me. Like I said though making the bracket was pretty satisfying for me, that was my goal in the first place, a lot of really good players didn't make it out.

And Skank you know I woulda matched your results if we had the same bracket, and I didn't have to switch to another character to beat havoc when I played him last month :p lol <3 u skank

asob4

Smash Champion
you would not have made it out of my pool though, which is the main reason i had that bracket

my pool > your pool :p

<333

i made michael hey look easy, i gots better spacing abilities than youuuuu hahahaha
oh and japes = no bueno for me olimar
i have GnW for a reason

sorry icy, none of either mine or awex's matches were recorded >.<
he 2-0'd edrees, i 2-1'd sky

the key to beating peach is shielding her first dair, then nairing out of shield in that tiny frame
if you predict the dair, full jump fair works well
she dies hecka early

IcyLight

Smash Lord
yeah, it's not a problem getting a kill. it's when she dairs me do i get really smacked around. her fair is a pain in the *** but nothing like the dair. i'll keep that in mind. thanks for the tip =]

RichBrown

Smash Master
You barely made it into the 2nd round of pools to begin with haha. Lol you probably wouldn't have made it outta mine, I had to take a match off of BoA to advance, and vicegrip, cody, warpstatus, and that other snake weren't exactly walks in the park either. I came pretty close against MogX too. And Hay grabbed you at least 5 or 6 times in each match, and when I played him at DSF's he was on his **** to the point that 1 grab=death. I talked to him after and he said he hasn't been practicing and that his timing was off. So I think he made you look good more than anything ;)

I keep forgetting, who was in your pool again? You had Sky right? I recall Sky saying that he is terrible against Olimar and that nanerz 3 stocked him one time and he doesn't even play Olimar.

Lol we can debate this to the end but the fact of the matter is me you and Awex and in a never ending deadlock for best So Cal Olimar :p

Zori

Smash Champion
oh hai guz i got liek 1/1 at my house these lol 9 cpus aint got nothing on me ill make PR in nose time.

B@sic Sausage

Smash Apprentice
yeah, i beleive there was somewhere a little above 30 for singles, where i fought basic sausage for losers finals and blackanese for grand finals(person who beat me in 1$ mm and winners bracket tourney match before)(we did a weird split though, because i and everyone else didn't think i could win i agreed to like a 80/70/55 split instead of losing and only making like $20(which i thought would otherwise happen), i wanted it to be even or at least a little closer but basic sausage is stubborn, so the final rounds were just for placement

for doubles me and doommachine(X-0) (snake/pikachu) fought those two on a team twice for doubles, first matches we won then in grand finals they beat us after we decided to split(35$ each)

Brawl Singles

1: Dabuz (split)
1: Blackanese (split)
1: Basic Sausage (split)
4: Eli
5: Kirin
5: MTD
7: Problem
7: Whut?
9: Lexington Steel
9: X-0
9: NU
9: Will
13: Sleep
13: Mike G
13: Doowop
13: CJTHeroofTime
17: Vanek
17: Tick
17: Dyyne
17: Jay
17: Gir
17: Tock
17: PD
25: Khanti
25: Mook
25: Kane
25: 12ain
25: Lefty
25: Disco

Brawl Doubles

1: Black Sausage (split)
1: X-0 + Dabuz (split)
3: Eli+ Eli's Partner
4: Will + Mike G
5: Ski-ball Johns
5: CJT + Vanek
7: Tyrin+Khanti
7: Smile if you're Gay!
I'm stubborn? didnt u say u was guna get lawyer to enforce an imaginary contract. rofl and u beat blackanese 1 match for grandfinals :O! lol i only agreed to play for placings because i never played u it was my first time and it was pretty fun i must say. but seriously stop letting ur head get big ur a good casual player i wouldnt say ur at pro level tho. i dont mean to talk down to u but its the truth.

Cook

Smash Master
Fino Asc and I didnt end up doing so great at the midwest chamionships

we all ended up tying each other for 17th out of 63 lol....
I lost to the guys who got 1st and 3rd, so I'm not too upset. Domo just ***** me when I play him, and Anther is Anther.

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
I'm stubborn? didnt u say u was guna get lawyer to enforce an imaginary contract. rofl and u beat blackanese 1 match for grandfinals :O! lol i only agreed to play for placings because i never played u it was my first time and it was pretty fun i must say. but seriously stop letting ur head get big ur a good casual player i wouldnt say ur at pro level tho. i dont mean to talk down to u but its the truth.
i was more like joking bout the lawyer thing/ angry i agreed to that $60 deal then you go back and say $50, i honestly just wanted to get $60 from the split, cause a lawyer would be stupid for that money, i was just hoping you would just be like "fine, you can have $60" after a while

also, im confused, when did i say im pro? i just said i was proud to win an irl tournament besides a small school one,im sure you were proud when you first won an irl tournament, i actually stated quite a few times throughout the tournament im a noob anyway

Awex

Smash Lord
you would not have made it out of my pool though, which is the main reason i had that bracket

my pool > your pool :p

<333

i made michael hey look easy, i gots better spacing abilities than youuuuu hahahaha
oh and japes = no bueno for me olimar
i have GnW for a reason

Don't be so cocky, Skank! It's not flattering. :s

You outperformed us at WGF, that much is undeniable. But on a comparison of skill and consistency I don't think any of us win out. Rich is right, the three of us are at a deadlock. (And Mr X still wins even though he doesn't play. ._.)

asob4

Smash Champion
Don't be so cocky, Skank! It's not flattering. :s

You outperformed us at WGF, that much is undeniable. But on a comparison of skill and consistency I don't think any of us win out. Rich is right, the three of us are at a deadlock. (And Mr X still wins even though he doesn't play. ._.)
ha i know i was kidding, i <33 you bothhh
it's sad that we play so much, yet mr. x is still so much better than us hahahah

EC Olis > WC Olis
pfft WC >>>>> EC
ain't no lie
<3

let me see you place high out here :p
our randoms are as good as most your pros :p

oh noes EC vs WC debate comin up :o

<333333333

Rocann

Smash Lord
WHAT hahaha

in terms of top pros skill level, we destroy

in terms of average high-level nonpro skill level we destroy

maybe your scrubs are better than ours

it's like a commonly accepted fact that EC is better than WC, don't try to argue that. I was just talking about the olimars

asob4

Smash Champion
WC in brawl is better :p oh you know i just said that lmao <333

1: DieSuperFly
2: M2K
3: NinjaLink
4: Azen Zagenite
5: Snake
5: Chillindude829
7: Chu Dat
7: Plank

oh what's this????