• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Olimar Tournament Results

Status
Not open for further replies.

RichBrown

Smash Master
Ironically I beat Gishnak all the time in friendlies, and yeah he is freakin good. Apparently Oki is getting better from what I hear. But yeah Infy, he's the dude that teams with Aura all the time, apparently he never enters singles, except for Sunday. Once I learn the matchup I'll be fine, I thought I was good on it but it's because I've never played any good GnWs before.

asob4

Smash Champion
ha funny
oki must choke vs me then <333
one time we had a smashfest and i played like 29863495678937 games with lee to try and understand the match up
i was only able to beat him on 1. yoshi's island and 2. i managed to gain stage control through some strange force of nature
we determined the match up to be 55-45 and stage dependent

RichBrown

Smash Master
Yeah, I've realized that it's a matchup I really just need to sit with. I fell into a lot of really stupid **** that I could tell was GnW standard combos which a player like me should be able to read and not get hit by. The matchup is very winnable.

I might hit 3 tournaments this weekend lolol

asob4

Smash Champion
ugh i did ****ty at UCLA D:
got 7th at PBW though, might've gotten further but gave my match to my friend and he got 3rd
rich got 3rd at UCLA and this guy dtcrazy got 2nd
he's ok but he gets really predictable, i'm mad i didn't beat him. oh well, some good points for oli nonetheless

ps: my john for failing is that i was deathly ill, threw up a lot that saturday night, then proceeded to throw up more at the tourney
i think that's a legit john >.>

RichBrown

Smash Master
Yeah I freakin lost Oli dittos to DT. He's decent. I just beat him last week at a tournament too, our matches are always stupid close. 2nd week in a row we've played in losers finals. I teamed with him and we got 3rd in doubles, going mainly double Oli and a handful of Kirby/Snake. We lost our first match but ***** losers :D

asob4

Smash Champion
oli dittos are gay, but dory is lookin to pick up oli so i got some good ditto practice today ;D

Cook

Smash Master
I got fifth over the weekend at a tourney I hosted that was attended by Wichita, St. Louis, and KC. Only 21 entrants, but all but about 5 were good players.

Rocann

Smash Lord
I main diddy but as of now my olimar is still better than him, so I'm using him in tourney until my diddy is better than my olimar. olimar won't be anywhere near where he is on the tier list in a year unless MK is banned and that won't even help much. diddy can only go higher

KillerSOS

Smash Champion
I main diddy but as of now my olimar is still better than him, so I'm using him in tourney until my diddy is better than my olimar. olimar won't be anywhere near where he is on the tier list in a year unless MK is banned and that won't even help much. diddy can only go higher
Diddy cant go higher.... when his best weapon can be used on him. I just air dodge and grab or block with pikmin..

asob4

Smash Champion
i really don't see diddy going any higher than where he is right now
i actually think oli will be better in the long run.
his recovery already isn't that big of a problem as long as you know what to look out for

Excellence

Smash Champion
Are you switching to Diddy because you believe he'll move up on the tier list or because you find him better than Olimar?

Rocann

Smash Lord
it's not just m2k, it's dojo, forte, lee, infinity, everybody... I barely beat forte, lee infinity and dojo all went even with my olimar as MK in friendlies and they don't even really have any olimars down there... spamerer is the worst, he actually seems to know the matchup and he's hard to even hit.

Sudai

Stuff here
Lee's Lucario is actually better than his MK as well. He very rarely plays MK at all anymore except in teams against a team of big characters or unless someone request to play his MK.

If that adds to your reasons to not use Oli vs MK anymore. :x

Rocann

Smash Lord
Lee's Lucario is actually better than his MK as well. He very rarely plays MK at all anymore except in teams against a team of big characters or unless someone request to play his MK.

If that adds to your reasons to not use Oli vs MK anymore. :x
I played his lucario as well and won.

I'm not going to pick up a character that in a year won't be allowed in tournament play. Did you see the top 12 of cot4? and it's only getting worse

BlackWaltzX

Smash Lord

I'm not going to pick up a character that in a year won't be allowed in tournament play. Did you see the top 12 of cot4? and it's only getting worse

lol Sudai is funny, where did he come from? Hawhaw.

asob4

Smash Champion
if MK does go, then that's all the more reason to play olimar, as MK is the only thing keeping him down imo
outside the recovery issue of course
also, with MK gone, the whole diddy thing will die down because he's good because he does well vs MK which few do
when that huge advantage goes away he will fall imo

Sudai

Stuff here
I see. I've always had more issues with his Lucario than with his MK, but I guess that's just personal experience after playing him every week? (And this is coming from my ROB's perspective where MK is ROB's worst match-up and Lucario is a fairly even one. I'm yet to try my Oli on him as I'd rather play ROB vs him)

lol Sudai is funny, where did he come from? Hawhaw.
I do believe my mother's womb. Unless she had another child and let him go for adoption. The scar from the c-section is still there and what not. :x

RichBrown

Smash Master
Diddy is a decent character but he isn't as good as people have been making him out to be. He can overwhelm people who don't know how to get around his bananas, but once the other player recognizes that the bananas belong to him just as much as they belong to Diddy and learns how to use them, Diddy suddenly isn't as good anymore. Olimar has been doing better and better. Oli players are learning how not to get gimped, and with the ridiculous abundance in MK players around, it only makes it easier to learn the matchup.

Excellence

Smash Champion
because olimar is going to go down, especially against MK
I completely agree with you, in fact, I wouldn't even use Olimar if it wasn't for the simple fact that I haven't picked up any other characters. In my opinion, Olimar's strength (pikmin) will always be whay holds him back and that will never change. As time goes on, people will figure out his tactics and start smashing him.

I think I'll go pick up Falco or Wario.

Rocann

Smash Lord
Oli players are learning how not to get gimped, and with the ridiculous abundance in MK players around, it only makes it easier to learn the matchup.
I think it's just the opposite, people are learning how to gimp better

and matchup knowledge isn't a problem, especially if you come from an online background

I don't believe that blackwaltz and I are the only people noticing that even MK players that aren't even that great are getting way harder recently

asob4

Smash Champion
actually, i've been doing better and better against the top MK's in so cal, even after i tell them how to beat and gimp oli
either i **** or MK just isn't that bad anymore

asob4

Smash Champion
i doubt that :/ you're too pro ha
maybe i just do better vs MK than you do.
plus since i'm telling them what to do, i know what to look for, MINDGAMEZZZ!!!

Rocann

Smash Lord
i doubt that :/ you're too pro ha
maybe i just do better vs MK than you do.
plus since i'm telling them what to do, i know what to look for, MINDGAMEZZZ!!!
I've beaten forte, I've taken games off of m2k. I know the ins and outs of the matchup. I'm not saying I do badly I'm saying it's getting harder. and that's NOT from me getting worse, I assure you

RichBrown

Smash Master
It could be that MK alone is getting harder for you. Some of us handle matchups differently than the rest. I'm one of the only Olis that doesn't struggle against Marth. Now that I think of it, I've never lost to a Marth player that has stayed Marth all 3 games. BoA and Mike only play MK against me because I still kinda struggle with it, but once I can get some practice against some real top quality MK's I know I'll do better.

Btw, I've been ****** Snake lately 0_o

asob4

Smash Champion
no johns, it's just you lmao

i ***** mike's MK :]]
BoA refuses to go marth vs oli, i thank you for that.

i usually do well vs snake D:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom