• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Olimar Matchup Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Llumys

Smash Champion
I think it'd be a good idea to use ba/a/n/d/bd until we get every single character covered.

Once we do so, then we can go into ratio details. Some of us are too focused on throwing out numbers randomly, such as myself.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
Alright, enough discussion about what matchup numbers mean :/

We'll be starting a new character matchup soon, when we're done with the Snake Matchup (which should be done in a couple of days). Who would everyone like to discuss? I'm leaning a bit towards Luigi, myself, but what are everyone else's opinions?

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Alright, enough discussion about what matchup numbers mean :/

We'll be starting a new character matchup soon, when we're done with the Snake Matchup (which should be done in a couple of days). Who would everyone like to discuss? I'm leaning a bit towards Luigi, myself, but what are everyone else's opinions?
I say... Falco. :X

I need help with that matchup. >.>

Llumys

Smash Champion
I play Minus every week or so. He got 25th at SNES with a controller that wasn't his, so I think that shows how good he is. <_<; I have a lot to say about the match-up, and I can provide videos of us playing each other.

I won't go into detail, but you shouldn't leave the ground much against Falco.

If we get a thread up, I'll post all my thoughts on the match-up.

Sky Pirate

The best defense is a lot of frigging healing
NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
My vote is for G&W. That matchup seems like the single most boring matchup in the entire game when I play it to win. There has to be a better way. <<;

IcyLight

Smash Lord
game and watch is easy, just pivot grab, smash di his turtle down and dsmash him before the last hit of turtle, and uhhh that's it, nair smash is nice and purple usmash kills at ~60 on battlefield

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
game and watch is easy, just pivot grab, smash di his turtle down and dsmash him before the last hit of turtle, and uhhh that's it, nair smash is nice and purple usmash kills at ~60 on battlefield
errr... down? If they're spacing it right I don't think a dsmash would even hit... and how do you get below the turtle in the first place? If he's using it while falling, I didn't think there was enough room under him to dsmash in the first place... >_>

Denti

Smash Master
can we do falco?

my hardest match ups i woudlnt mind talking about are Falco, Wolf, IC, MK, ROB, and Shiek.(use to be snake but after the discusion i got a better hang of the MU :) )

Denti

Smash Master
someone with good bowser experience go help them out! i told them the idea of what i would do, but i havent sat down and practiced a bowser main untill i got everything down, i figured pikmin tossing pressure along with purple tossing for follow ups and stuff.

Darth Destro

Smash Cadet
Hello, Olimar Brawlers! I have recently started a thread about different pairings for Toon Link in Team Brawls, and I would greatly appreciate some input on a TL + Olimar match. You can find the thread here. Any info would be tremendously helpful.

HiMe

Smash Rookie
Hey can we discuss wolf please? I have a lot of trouble with him.

Llumys

Smash Champion
Here's what I think we should do.

1. Discuss match-ups in order of the tier list unless another board needs discussion.

or

2. Discuss match-ups in order of difficulty unless another board needs discussion.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Or we could just discuss the characters a majority of players need help with. After all, that's the only reason we have a matchup thread.

Noa.

Smash Master
We should just discuss most of that all of that matchups of B tier and above and then move on to the lower tiers. The order that we go in for the higher tiers is basically whatever we feel like. If the boards want to discuss ROB and then next week Marth, so be it.

The only exceptions to the rule of staying in the higher tiers would be Wolf, Peach, and Luigi, since they're notable matchups that Olimar players have trouble in.

Tin Man

Smash Hero
We should just discuss most of that all of that matchups of B tier and above and then move on to the lower tiers. The order that we go in for the higher tiers is basically whatever we feel like. If the boards want to discuss ROB and then next week Marth, so be it.

The only exceptions to the rule of staying in the higher tiers would be Wolf, Peach, and Luigi, since they're notable matchups that Olimar players have trouble in.
we should do MK for obvious reasons first.
i wouldn't mind a revamp of our mk matchup, a lot has changed since we went over that
MK MK MK MK. And are we still doing those AiM conversations?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom