• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oli Piktures Present: The Oli Video Compendium (Updated 11/25/09)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Asa

Smash Hero
wow lots of help thanks :)
I love walls of texts if they are aimed at my improvement

is it a good idea to full hop fairs occasionally, or should they just be short hopped?

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
Do you mean after a dthrow? If you have to full hop to get close enough for it to connect then that's fine, but otherwise it's best to short hop it and start a fast fall right after it connects so that you can possibly get another dash grab afterwards. And if you can't get a regrab, you're still at an advantageous position in most situations. Fair has more range than you'd imagine, though.

But even if you're talking in general, I still don't use too many full hopped fairs often. Fair is more of a baiting tool for me personally, or for spacing purposes. I'll oftentimes throw out a SH Fair, pull back, and immediately throw out an fsmash. The opponent will oftentimes think the fair is punishable and get hit by the fsmash. But yeah, full hops usually aren't so good unless the opponent is really high above you at a diagonal, I suppose. But it's too easy to see coming from a full hop to be effective >_>

Noa.

Smash Master
**** Hilt. You should probably edit some of that into the OP since a lot of it attributes itslef to most new Olimars.

Zori

Smash Champion

Asa

Smash Hero
wow that's the first time i've seen that lucario team gimmick at work

it works lol

that falco needs to lrn2getwhitesoff

how many times can you dthrow falco? 3?

Zori

Smash Champion
yeah xyro has some wierd mental block over the strat o-0 but you know your boy was holding that stock :D with olimar

and yes 3 times is the max but you can get out on 2 if its not a yellow and you di

Fino

Smash Master
wow that's the first time i've seen that lucario team gimmick at work

how many times can you dthrow falco? 3?
It works... it's really good, and it works. Anubis strat ftw. It's nice to see that lee admires trela like that though. I'm pretty sure he's one of the reasons lee picked lucario back up again. then again, he could just know it's an amazing strat, and lee of all people knows what an mk should do. lol

2 is guaranteed, but you can get 3 sometimes if you don't use a purple (obviously) or 1 of your first two throws isn't a blue (damage matters of course).
and yes 3 times is the max but you can get out on 2 if its not a yellow and you di
actually... wouldn't a yellow make it easier? considering there's not hitlag on electric attacks? *is confuzzled*
no i lost because hes a better player and diddy is gay
^^This

gnes is an amazing diddy - most likely right there under ADHD @.@ Last time I played him (in friendlies) he seemed to KNOW the oli MU inside and out... then again, I had no clue how to play diddy back then <.<
lol

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
HAHAHA

last stock of game two against the falco
you killed him with a desynch'd dsmash <3

gonna watch the rest now, good stuff zori

also bebop intro fits better on smashville imo (the whole soundtrack does lol)

Zori

Smash Champion
hilt has a good eye ;) i dont know how to explain it fino lol

and thanks guys for watching my vids next time ill try to get some more with better players in texas

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
I'm pretty sure if the falco DIs up and jumps you can't get the second cg O_o but if you can you DEFINITELY can't get a third.

Noa.

Smash Master
I only saw the first match with the Falco so far. Very nice. I really like the second kill, sh toss to an incomplete nair on his back is pretty nice.

Turazrok

Smash Master
I've met Gnes. I've seen him play. I know he's amazing. Though I doubt he remembers me.

Zori

Smash Champion
^ LOL

i think i saw dabuz do it like half a year ago and it was with a white pikmin and all hits connected @_@

its been a wrap since then

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
yeah xyro has some wierd mental block over the strat o-0 but you know your boy was holding that stock :D with olimar

My boy, listen for a sec. That lucario meta strat is down right broken. There is a reason why that strat has got SO MANY people to grandfinals. Certain match-ups CANNOT stop it. I felt that oli+rob could not stop it.

Then again, it was my first time ever using rob in tourney so maybe it was my lack of exp.

RichBrown

Smash Master
I just realized I never posted these! D:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IiNwCx1vmvg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mNYg9r9I-wI

doubles from last month, against some pretty good players... =)

Man I'm gonna have to go to Texas soon and show Zori how to handle them Diddys :D

Oh I don't think you can Dthrow falco more than once, although you might be able to if you grab with a white and then dashgrab the 2nd grab

Also, if you grab falco at the edge at 0, you can spike him. I don't think it's guaranteed, but honestly what falco is gonna DI down and away at the edge lol

Oh and zori, you can Utilt Falco's sideB, it will take you out of your Utilt animation and falco will land right next to you, and he will have landing lag on his sideB, so it's a free grab, or Usmash if he's at KO % (you have to move quickly to do it, but it's pretty easy).

Fino

Smash Master
Oh and zori, you can Utilt Falco's sideB, it will take you out of your Utilt animation and falco will land right next to you, and he will have landing lag on his sideB, so it's a free grab, or Usmash if he's at KO % (you have to move quickly to do it, but it's pretty easy).
WHY DON'T I SEE **** LIKE THIS MORE OFTEN!?! @.@

that sounds ****ing amazing... I can't wait to play a falco now to test it.

EDIT: Richbrown used my two favorite words... =3

RichBrown

Smash Master
Haha I posted that info a while ago somewhere, I think literally every single person here missed it lol

But yeah it makes the matchup soooooooooo much easier, Falco has to really worry about his sideB

and another trick I use is sometimes if I have a blue in front, I'll space myself far enough away from falco to where my back is towards him, and when he sideBs I'll just shield it, then shield grab him.

Larry practice too good

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
i can't figure out if that MK just doesn't know the oli matchup or is that horrible overall
Apparently Logic thinks he (Korn) knows the matchup pretty well. I wonder if he name-searches. ;o

I'm not too sure, myself...

...about knowing the matchup or not, I mean. :lick:

IcyLight

Smash Lord
i can't figure out if that MK just doesn't know the oli matchup or is that horrible overall

you know dabuz, i just now watched some of these and i completely agree with you. I'd like to see p~s vs. some of my local mk's, if i tried 80% of those things P~S did against people in my region I would constantly lose my stocks :X

no offense to you p~s, you are a beast now but i just don't see korn as an mk who knows the mu.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom