• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oli Piktures Present: The Oli Video Compendium (Updated 11/25/09)

Status
Not open for further replies.

IcyLight

Smash Lord
thanks hilt, i like the way you put it. i understand, and wifi matches are the only way i get good matches in. i wasn't hoping to promote how to play a good olimar, i was hoping on getting critiqued :(
i believe there is a critique thread? i could be mistaken, i remember in the past people would make a new thread saying critique me! but first check if there is a critique thread that isn't 5 months old

Kirby Yellow

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
5215-0158-8673
Okay People, I get some Kovarish videos off this weekend
The first video he uses Marth(and loses ¬¬) but the other three videos are with Olimar:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHLUxksHlTQ Kovarish(Marth) x Banzé(Diddy Kong) 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OvwaqaBOyZY Kovarish(Olimar) x Banzé(Diddy Kong) 2-----> awesome comeback
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fk_4-NgtveA Kovarish(Olimar) x Banzé(Diddy Kong) 3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2meETKkr39s Kovarish(Olimar) x Banzé(Diddy Kong) 4

I'm not a good cameraman, but I try to do my best =D

Denti

Smash Master
i believe there is a critique thread? i could be mistaken, i remember in the past people would make a new thread saying critique me! but first check if there is a critique thread that isn't 5 months old
Hilt dubbed it over with the last post and that this thread is the new thread.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
Hilt dubbed it over with the last post and that this thread is the new thread.
Wait, what did I do? I'm confused.

Currently there is not an active critique thread. If someone would like to start one up and not just let it die, that would be great, and would probably be beneficial.

Denti

Smash Master
lol, sorry if it seemed like i was putting words in your mouth hilt, but someone told me there was another video thread and that it would critique my videos. after i read it you said it died in the last post or something like that

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
Oh, I "deemed" it over with, not "dubbed" it. I thought you meant I edited or moved posts around or something.

Noa.

Smash Master
Meh, an official critique thread is only needed if there are many players looking to get critiqued. Imo, it's fine for a user to make a thread asking to be critiqued. The need for an official thread arises when you're getting an individual critique thread like every week or something.

If you make a thread when there isn't a surge of players looking for critiques, the thread often dies since no one posts in it.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
This thread can be used as a video critique thread. Just ask for advice as you post your videos and I'm sure some people will help out.

I know a lot of players won't critique Wifi though.

IcyLight

Smash Lord
don't bother trying to nair smash falco when hes at low-mid %, you are better off nair--jabx2--grab or nair--pivot grab. ALWAYS expect the sideb, especially from a falco because of his bad gimpable upb. i like to run back and forth shielding until he does and then charge a smash near where he lands. i also fsmash his illusion every time, if i don't have a yellow a CHARGED fsmash from any other seems to work, and you have enough time to charge it. you can also dsmash which is better chance to not get canceled out.

match 2 : "I like to spam grab on that platform so if they jump up i can throw them off stage" -- they can bair you and it cancels out your grab, as well as snakes bair and mk's shuttle loop, etc. so be REALLY cautious when at med-high % if you do that, it works 70% of the time, but you can still get hit before you grab sometimes

seems like you just need some tech skill work, like not wasting double jump when being cg'ed, no killing yourself even though the pikmin did it. stuff like that

im not sure if this is true, but can you qcdi or smash di out of falcos jab before he can grab you?

oh, also, if you see him spike you try to put it in your system to tech every time, no matter what, and even if he doesn't hit you you would put on your shield instead of teching. you get eaten alive by his chain spiking and then roll towards in mid of stage, where nearly every rolls and they always charge a smash there. so, if you get spiked on the stage when near the edge, try getting up with an attack, i noticed that falco uses dsmash so normal get up there won't work so well. be sneaksies

IcyLight

Smash Lord
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FeIW9MEeNA0 combo vid with crappy editing and intro xD

for those of you who haven't watched, go to 2:30 i never knew this was possible.

also, it's nice to see you are using the better variations of combos, such as dthrow nair tether. they link together so much easier than other ones, but you aren't over using. pretty good stuff :)

and...golden rule against marth, if he's off the stage fsmash

Fino

Smash Master
for those of you who haven't watched, go to 2:30 i never knew this was possible.
Yeah, a lot of people might have missed it because it was in a brawl+ thread, but andyg noted that olimar's ftilt is like a melee edgeguard back in like october08. I don't know if it's a lack of knowledge, or there are just usually safer options, but I agree... you don't see it often (if at all).

~Fino

Llumys

Smash Champion
After watching the first video, I noticed you make a lot of terrain mistakes. Also, I'm not sure how I feel about all the whiffed up smashes. Also be careful with the spacing of your landing fairs, and shieldgrab cancel your dashes instead of dash grabbing.

Noa.

Smash Master
Llumys, I saw your vid on the instant return tether AT, and in it it said that tap jump must be off. I've done it with tap jump on.

Noa.

Smash Master
I think it was the orange bulborb Olimar. I could swear that I've seen it on one of those many texture hacking sites.

Sky Pirate

The best defense is a lot of frigging healing
NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
I just fell in love with your Oli, Icy. That Metaknight match was misleading.
If I may ask, what is that track playing in the background of the ZSS match?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom