• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Old M&G - Now you may make your own intro thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

hemlock

Smash Cadet
Hi there!

I've been a member for a while, but have never introduced myself. I'm Hemlock from Chicago, IL. I'm good friends with Toasty who is a much more active member of this community. I got into Melee really late in the game, but love it to death. I was a Samus user for a long time but have just switched to Peach and am really excited about it. I like music, film, art, skateboarding, philosophy, video games, and anything awesome. I'm vegetarian and straight edge. I definitely want to make new friends so please send me a friend request/PM!

LATER DUDES. :psycho:

PD4FR

Smash Ace
Welcome, Hemlock!
Samus and Peach were both very fun to me when I used to play Melee. :)

I realize you've been here for a while, so I take it I don't need to show you anything about the site.

I hope you have been having a great time these several months! :bee:

hemlock

Smash Cadet
I think Samus is awesome because of the long range charged blasts, and then the beam grab!

Peach is blowing my mind with the float moves and I'm excited about the turnips/toad and the highly satisfying up smash!

PD4FR

Smash Ace
I think Samus is awesome because of the long range charged blasts, and then the beam grab!

Peach is blowing my mind with the float moves and I'm excited about the turnips/toad and the highly satisfying up smash!
Yea, her Upsmash is pretty satisfying, haha!

Do you have any questions about the site? I suppose you've figured everythings out by now, but I'll try to help if I can. :p

hemlock

Smash Cadet
I was confused about how to get my player icon, but I figured it out! So I see you are a ganondorf player and I assume you are a Brawl player. Who was your favorite/main character in Melee?

just86

Smash Rookie
Hello everyone, I'm Just86. If you want to just call me by my first name Justin, you can do that too. I actually had a previous account here, but I decided to make a new one for a couple of reasons (didn't like the name, regretted some of the posts I made, etc.). I'm not really sure if I should be doing another one of these since I've actually been a member here for exactly a year now and I posted in the first intro thread...

...well, since this is a different intro thread, why not! Anyways I'm a Falcon main who's played the series since SSB64, but I've never exactly been good at it. Nevertheless, I love watching competitive Smash videos and reading the many debates that go on in this website. If your looking for a good laugh, feel free to have some wifi matches vs. me anytime. I'm down with tourny stages and some of the crazier ones as well (I love Big Blue). If you want to know a little bit more about me personally, you can just ask. Hope to chat and play with you guys and don't worry; I plan on keeping this account.:lick:

PD4FR

Smash Ace
Welcome aboard, Justin!
Oh, I see...usually you're not really supposed to have multiple accounts, but hopefully the Mods will understand. :)

I hope you continue to have a great time here! :bee:

OrangeSodaGuy

Smash Journeyman
OrangeSodaGuy here-- I had a previous account, but I never used it, and I didn't much care for the name.

I'm a Melee player looking to improve his skills. I've been a Mario main since the days of the original smash, and I've been a fanboy of the series my whole life, having grown up with the 2D sidescrolling classics. I'm also a fan of-- heck, all of the the original 12 characters.

That said, nice meeting you, and happy smashing!

PD4FR

Smash Ace
It's good to have you, OrangeSodaGuy!
I hope you start becoming more active, it will be fun! ;)

I, too, have played since SSB64, I main Ganon though.

People need to try not to keep making secondary or new primary accounts, though, you are supposed to stick with your first. Don't feel bad if your new one is banned. :p

just86

Smash Rookie
...uh-oh :embarrass:

Well, rest assured that I mean to do nothing pernicious in changing my account. If Smashboards had an option to delete your old account, I would have done so.

King of Brawl

Smash Rookie
It appears as though I'm the new guy around these parts now. Y'all better watch out.

King of Brawl(Based on a silly game of Brawl we played in which I kicked everything that moved off of the arena with King Dedede, whom is now the self-proclaimed King of Brawl) here, although most just refer to me as Damo.

Like the majora of you, I've been playing a good Super Smash Bros. since the '64. I think I'm rather alright at the game, although not YOUR level. I'm looking at you, PD4FR. Anyway, my main as-of-now is King Dedede, used to be DK, Mario, and all the likes. I look forward to spamming shield-dodge on all of you!

Small details would be that my favorite game is DKC2; I'm not talented at art or writing at all, but atleast I TRY; and I generally tend to like platformers if you haven't guessed.

Well, wrapping up the big intro, Good evening everyone.

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
Hello and welcome to SWF, Damo.

I'll be looking forward to seeing you in the Arena. >.>

PD4FR

Smash Ace
You never know, Damo, you might be able to beat me. You won't see me online much, though.

Welcome to the boards, I hope you have a bramble blast! :p

-Jax

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys,

I have been playing smash for a few years but I actively got into the real competitive scene a few weeks ago. I go to a school for game architecture and design, and in our break room there's 4 tvs and 2 copies of smash. There's a few people there that are pretty good at smash, one of them maining snake, the other one rocking my *** with, well, any character. The rest are at about the same level as I am, so I have a lot of opportunities to practice.

I used to play Ness all the time, but then I discovered the awesome power of Olimar. :D Everything got a whole lot better since I was playing with him, but I've a LOT to learn about matchups.

So, anyone feel like pointing me to some threads I should check out? (Besides the olimar boards, been lurking there for some days.)

Also, how can I stop all my excessive rolling, because I read it's not really a good thing to do.

hemlock

Smash Cadet
OrangeSodaGuy here-- I had a previous account, but I never used it, and I didn't much care for the name.

I'm a Melee player looking to improve his skills. I've been a Mario main since the days of the original smash, and I've been a fanboy of the series my whole life, having grown up with the 2D sidescrolling classics. I'm also a fan of-- heck, all of the the original 12 characters.

That said, nice meeting you, and happy smashing!
Excellent username, seeing how I'm in a band called Orange Drink! :laugh:

I'm a peach melee player, so we're an ideal doubles team - welcome to the boardddd

Kupo Rose

It's what my cutie mark is telling me ♫
Hey guys,

I have been playing smash for a few years but I actively got into the real competitive scene a few weeks ago. I go to a school for game architecture and design, and in our break room there's 4 tvs and 2 copies of smash. There's a few people there that are pretty good at smash, one of them maining snake, the other one rocking my *** with, well, any character. The rest are at about the same level as I am, so I have a lot of opportunities to practice.

I used to play Ness all the time, but then I discovered the awesome power of Olimar. :D Everything got a whole lot better since I was playing with him, but I've a LOT to learn about matchups.

So, anyone feel like pointing me to some threads I should check out? (Besides the olimar boards, been lurking there for some days.)

Also, how can I stop all my excessive rolling, because I read it's not really a good thing to do.
Hey Jax, welcome to smashboards!

How lucky of you. I've got 0 people to play Brawl with :(

I was gonna link you to the The Best Vids of Each Character thread but then I noticed there's no Olimar videos lol. Since you've just got into the 'real' competitve scene, you should check out this thread http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=283142&page=33 It's the current BBR Recommended rule set. Also, take a look in the Regional Zones forum to see if there are any other Smashers near you!

Yeah, rolling all the time is not good unless you're Lucario. I guess you could try play other characters with bad rolls such as Samus and/or Bowser so people will punish you for it to help break the habit.

Enjoy your stay!

PD4FR

Smash Ace
Welcome aboard Jax! It's great to have you. :)

Oh, and Moogle basically answered your question, so just go with what he said. :p

professor mgw

Smash Champion
NNID
Prof3ssorMGW
I used to play Ness all the time, but then I discovered the awesome power of Olimar. :D EVERYTHING got a whole lot better since I was playing with him, but I've a LOT to learn about matchups.
Yeah uhh just send me a friend request whenever ya can k? laterz.

-Jax

Smash Apprentice
Ok I lied, free for all matches got worse, but those are nonsense anyway. :p

PSI.kick

Smash Lord
Getting a banana chucked at my face. WHISTLE!!
Hey guys Im PSI.kick I've been reading guides and stuff on this site for about a month now, and recently decided to join. I main olimar and ness and have learned a lot already, hope to learn more.

haha just realized this thread was here so I decided to post this...

PD4FR

Smash Ace
Hey guys Im PSI.kick I've been reading guides and stuff on this site for about a month now, and recently decided to join. I main olimar and ness and have learned a lot already, hope to learn more.

haha just realized this thread was here so I decided to post this...
It is good to have you, PSI, I hope you continue to enjoy your stay in this gangsta Smash paradise. :lick:

A lot of Ness and Olimar mains sure have been coming in lately. Or maybe that's just me?

Moncus

Smash Rookie
Whats up ! I just registered, doing a little research on smash bros..

I've been feeling like this for a long time, but i still don't think i have the resources to make it happen just yet, but I'm trying to also be very careful I'm not too big headed about it... But---

I'm just too **** good at super smash brothers to not be in any tornaments !!!

I've been playing smash bros since day 1 of smash bros for the N64. I played melee with my older brother and a few different friends for the last 10+ years, and also got brawl soon after it was released and played it almost every night for a year or two. Me and my brother have both gone from the basic mechanics of the game and mastered them from the bottom up. I'm pretty good at brawl, but I'm best at super smash bros melee mostly for one reason: I play with Young Link and Toon Link just doesn't cut it.

I've watched a few pro videos and tornament fights to try to try to get a grasp if I'm even in their "League" so to speak, like the one with bombsoldier using falco. Just the idea of fighting someone as good as that makes me excited! Although my biggest issue is even though I've perfected Young Links offensive and defensive techniques, i havn't had a lot of experience fighting elite players with ALL the different characters as opponents, I've mostly only fought Link, Fox, Mario, Shiek, Marth, and Falco. I have very little experience playing with anyone whose really "good" with captain falcon or luigi, two characters i know have a lot of potential.

I wish i had a video to post up for you guys to give an example of my skills, but sadly i don't. And i no longer live with my older brother, so i never have any worthy opponents : (.

hemlock

Smash Cadet
Me and my brother have both gone from the basic mechanics of the game and mastered them from the bottom up. I'm pretty good at brawl, but I'm best at super smash bros melee mostly for one reason: I play with Young Link and Toon Link just doesn't cut it.
YES! Excited to have you on the board. I love Young Link and also think that Toon Link does not cut the mustard. Young Link excels with his speed and FLAME ARROWS OF DEATH :mad:

Melee is the game I play and my only game buddy plays with YL. Hope to see a video of you one day!

Vix Vulpine

Smash Rookie
Vix Vulpine, here. Ready for duty.

Let me introduce myself: I am Vix Vulpine. I have been a veteran of the Super Smash Bros. franchise since the first game was released back in 1999. The series is also responsible for me knowing more about Nintendo's franchises and the history of the company. I have been looking at this site for years, but I'm new to the forums.

PD4FR

Smash Ace
Welcome, Vix, I'm sure you'll find that the boards are a fun place to hang around at this site. :bee:

I have been playing for many years, too. If you have any problems at all, don't hesitate to ask. Oh, and I'm sure a mod could help you if I fail and don't know the answer. :p

Have fun!

hemlock

Smash Cadet
Let me introduce myself: I am Vix Vulpine. I have been a veteran of the Super Smash Bros. franchise since the first game was released back in 1999. The series is also responsible for me knowing more about Nintendo's franchises and the history of the company. I have been looking at this site for years, but I'm new to the forums. I will try to stay as active as much as I can.
Vix Vulpine is a sweet name, that's for sure.

Thanks for introducing yourself and welcome!

SomethingClever

Smash Rookie
Hiya!

I just came to check this place out, and so far, it looks pretty awesome. Looking to brawl a few people, meet some new people, etcetera.

:)

PD4FR

Smash Ace
Hiya!

I just came to check this place out, and so far, it looks pretty awesome. Looking to brawl a few people, meet some new people, etcetera.

I agree, this place is awesome. :lick:

I hope you enjoy your stay! You can find some people to brawl here.

Have fun! :bee:

ponylover123456789

Smash Rookie
hai guyzzz

im really into smash bros :) I think I'm pretty good too and would love to play some people sometime! :chuckle::chuckle::chuckle::chuckle:

I don't have a wii though and I just play at my boyfriends house. I'm gay but dont judge me, I have every right to choose as you do :psycho::psycho::lick:

thx guyz

-_skinny_-

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3668-9841-7290
Welcome to the smash community PL :)
Not many people in this community will judge u for ur sexuality, were awsome like that :088:

PD4FR

Smash Ace
It is as the skinny guy over there says, we don't judge. :bee:

I hope you are having a good time here, enjoy your stay! The Dark Lord decrees it! :ganondorf:

Beif

Smash Rookie
Hello current members, I'm Beif (pronounced bayff). I got the name when I randomly spammed the A button when making my name in Brawl. So now I'm Beif. I've been a fan of smash since the original and heavily played all three games, though I prefer brawl above the others. I consider myself pretty good, not anywhere near a pro level, but I'm not too bad. I've hung around the boards for several months but only recently decided to join up and contribute to the community. I'll look to stay active on the boards. Especially the Luigi and Toon Link boards, as they're my current mains.

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
Hello current members, I'm Beif (pronounced bayff). I got the name when I randomly spammed the A button when making my name in Brawl. So now I'm Beif. I've been a fan of smash since the original and heavily played all three games, though I prefer brawl above the others. I consider myself pretty good, not anywhere near a pro level, but I'm not too bad. I've hung around the boards for several months but only recently decided to join up and contribute to the community. I'll look to stay active on the boards. Especially the Luigi and Toon Link boards, as they're my current mains.

Hello and welcome to SWF Beif. I am a fellow Luigi user myself, if you wish to do some ditto matches in the future or if you're looking for a match, you can head to My Kingdom The Arena. I'm usually there. Anywho, enjoy your stay here, droogie.

Beif

Smash Rookie
Thanks for the greetings. I'm definitely interested in the Arena. I generally don't play online however, how laggy are the matches?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom