• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oklahoma Thread: Weekly events for all games in OKC and Tulsa

Typ_Ex

Smash Lord
I don't have a meal plan, I don't live in Norman, hence me saying I need money. Why do you even care? Just a question, not being a douche.
it wouldn't be a legitimate john if it were the scenario i mentioned. i drove by pauls valley twice this weekend. thats q uite a drive for you.

FK1

Smash Journeyman
Bro...I'm Peruvian. Sorry to ruin your Italian fantasies about me. At least I'm not Mexican, right? ;)

Auddy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Auddy07
it wouldn't be a legitimate john if it were the scenario i mentioned. i drove by pauls valley twice this weekend. thats q uite a drive for you.
It's alright, I do it everyday so I don't care about the drive. I didn't have enough money for food and the tournament fees, I don't want to ask my parents for money for a tournament in which I won't receive any money back. Plus Melee is getting old to me. If I had more people to play with and started earlier than 2006 I might be better and enjoy going to tournaments. No Johns, just no money.

PrettyBoy=Marc

Smash Rookie
As much as I have tried to juggle around smash with the other things I do in life I have decided to just stop playing smash or any other competitve gaming community for good. I love smash alot but it seems I joined it at the wrong time which has made me love it to just cant sit there and play it anymore at all. I never was that good anyway haha, and I never got to go to tournies or smashfest that much either. Tom,Chris,Yawara,Brandon,Deezy,Kuni,Paul,Bassem,Haley,F.A,Tony,Hanson,Alex,Brett,Bryan,Marc,Hyper,Daniel,KPeezy,Gmo,Chuck,Dat foo Pablo making fun of my height XD,any other Oklahomies,DPhat,Zeton,Domo,Clel,and basically everyone else thank you for making my expierience in the smash community a blast I can't stress enough how much better you've made it for me. Its my senior year and I need to focus on college so I can achieve the dream job I've been wanting. Don't think that I'll stop trying to chill with you guys and stuff.

tl;dr I quit lol.
Will? Normally I would talk **** to you. Well here is my story, some of you journeyman have actually gotten me back into smash. I know there is a lot of kids out there trying to make a name for themselves by beating me. That comes along with the title of being a legend. Nobody can really **** with me in Oklahoma. I live a really busy life which involves waking up at 3am and working to 4pm then going to school, so I cant play every noob that challenges me. But I still manage to come through once in awhile and let everyone know Whats up. Its good to hear you know what you wanna do in life. Hell it took me like 5 years to figure that out.

What is your dream job? Please dont say video game designer or work for Nintendo, i'll make so much fun you.:laugh:

po pimpus

Smash Ace
Wow, Will, you actually got Marc to drop some real talk on this thread... That has never happened before as far as I know. You must be special.

Also, one more thing, I am disgusted by all you 'quitters' ... Yeah, blah, blah life is busy, school, girlfriend, blah, blah... JUST TAKE A **** BREAK from the game! It will still be here when you're ready to play... I play this **** maybe two or three days in a given month, and I'm still beast enough to take out 80% of the Power Ranking... so stop johning.

I swear, a lot of *****s need to just shut up and play...

Auddy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Auddy07
Alright, let me rephrase that. Once I found out that Ricky wasn't going my decision to go to Intimikill was kinda 50/50. I then found out that I suck at smash, by playing Brett and Alex who said they were one of the best teams at Intimikill but weren't as high up there as I hoped for my confidence boost, and once finding out that I still suck at Melee decided there is no need for me to play the game competitively. I shall play the game for fun, but why should I pay money to go play the game? It is only for competitive purposes and, since I suck, will not have a chance at winning said tournament. Also, toward Alex's comment, you have been playing the same amount of years theoretically as I have, but since I can only play people worse than me or the same skill as me (Dylan) there is no improvement over three years. Alex on the other hand gets to play players better than he, whenever he wants to. I was 15 years old when starting this game. No car, parents had me on lock down, no way to play with the better people in Norman. Alex, don't know how old he was, probably had a car and was able to go to tournaments more often and play friendlies with people better than him, hence making him a better player. Another thing about the Ricky not being able to go making my choice 50/50. Roddy, David, Juan, Deezy, and Ricky couldn't go, I really wanted to hang with my friends and watch them play just like the other tourneys like OHSNAP, they couldn't go, so what's the point. The only person was Dylan, thats not the whole gang of PV kids (I consider Deezy a PV kid =p). Also the money issue. I had $19.something dollars in my account. I can only get 20's out of them ATM. Yeah, I coulda went by the bank and withdrew like 10, but I thought about it hard and decided,"Hey, I'm going to save my money for food, gas, internet bills, and gifts for my friends for Christmas." I pay for my own stuff, I don't use my parents like I used to so I gotta manage my life. Also, my mom wanted me to help them decorate the house for Christmas, when I said I was going to the tourney she got all like,"Oh, I see". You know how mom's are. She used the old,"Well, you won't be here next year when your at ECU so I guess you won't get to help decorate" guilt trip on me. So all those things put together overall made my decision to not go to Intimikill the final decision. Then Dylan gets all pissed at me for not telling him sooner. My bad dawg, you didn't seem that excited about the tourney anyway. I was the one trying to get all the PV kids to go to the tourney. My bad, I'll just say out of everyone's lives up in this smash community. Good day gentleman.

Zinth

Smash Apprentice
Alright, let me rephrase that. Once I found out that Ricky wasn't going my decision to go to Intimikill was kinda 50/50. I then found out that I suck at smash, by playing Brett and Alex who said they were one of the best teams at Intimikill but weren't as high up there as I hoped for my confidence boost, and once finding out that I still suck at Melee decided there is no need for me to play the game competitively. I shall play the game for fun, but why should I pay money to go play the game? It is only for competitive purposes and, since I suck, will not have a chance at winning said tournament. Also, toward Alex's comment, you have been playing the same amount of years theoretically as I have, but since I can only play people worse than me or the same skill as me (Dylan) there is no improvement over three years. Alex on the other hand gets to play players better than he, whenever he wants to. I was 15 years old when starting this game. No car, parents had me on lock down, no way to play with the better people in Norman. Alex, don't know how old he was, probably had a car and was able to go to tournaments more often and play friendlies with people better than him, hence making him a better player. Another thing about the Ricky not being able to go making my choice 50/50. Roddy, David, Juan, Deezy, and Ricky couldn't go, I really wanted to hang with my friends and watch them play just like the other tourneys like OHSNAP, they couldn't go, so what's the point. The only person was Dylan, thats not the whole gang of PV kids (I consider Deezy a PV kid =p). Also the money issue. I had $19.something dollars in my account. I can only get 20's out of them ATM. Yeah, I coulda went by the bank and withdrew like 10, but I thought about it hard and decided,"Hey, I'm going to save my money for food, gas, internet bills, and gifts for my friends for Christmas." I pay for my own stuff, I don't use my parents like I used to so I gotta manage my life. Also, my mom wanted me to help them decorate the house for Christmas, when I said I was going to the tourney she got all like,"Oh, I see". You know how mom's are. She used the old,"Well, you won't be here next year when your at ECU so I guess you won't get to help decorate" guilt trip on me. So all those things put together overall made my decision to not go to Intimikill the final decision. Then Dylan gets all pissed at me for not telling him sooner. My bad dawg, you didn't seem that excited about the tourney anyway. I was the one trying to get all the PV kids to go to the tourney. My bad, I'll just say out of everyone's lives up in this smash community. Good day gentleman.
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.

po pimpus

Smash Ace
Now why do we have a lack of new blood coming into the Smash community?

*Reads last few posts*

Man, I just don't understand why no one would want to play with us!?!

Auddy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Auddy07
I don't know who you are either FattyFatFatso but you seem like a douche. I've never done anything to you and you're gonna be hateful to me? Nice dude, real nice. Also, I don't understand Bryan's post.

Anyway, I was pissed when I posted my rant, but I'm a little cooled down now, just got outta the shower. I still love all you guys, including FattyFatFatso, because I am a Christian and believe in forgiving and forgetting. Maybe one day we can play or something, if you don't still hate me or whatever. I will still play smash with anyone who wants to, maybe not competitive though. =) I love everyone who has taught me anything about smash, and will always consider everyone my friend. Alex, sorry for not going to Intimikill after you helped me all these years. =( Sorry to Dylan too for not letting you know sooner. =(

FattyFatFatso

Smash Apprentice
Glad my shampoo suggestion helped you in your shower. I hope Jesus gives you hugs at night when you want to cry. Better than coming here and hoping that we can be that shoulder you can cry on.

Scud

Smash Apprentice
Auddy, don't worry about. Also, Alex doesn't have a car and he mainly plays just me, so we only get better very slowly. It turns out we sucked in teams.

Also, most people don't enter tournaments expecting to win. You aren't giving money to earn money. You are giving money to participate in the fun and to get to smash with better players.

I'll be out of the country soon, but I hope to see a lot of you guys at least once more.

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
brett and i should have won our first set, and the bracket i saw that team took was an easy road to 4th, pretty much. but being a TO and trying to do well at your own tournament is just too hard for me, especially with people asking me questions midmatches and kind of making me run in circles all the time, not to mention people are dumb and were always on my laptop. **** like that does not fly on the east coast, i miss CT smash (no offense to OK, just the tourny scene brings a lot of people who think they have some democratic word in what you do at your own tourny.)

but yeah. i have no car. and at one point norman melee was brett and i. then it was brett, yawara, and i. then brawl launched. so i understand the frustration of only playing like 2 people. but it happens.

wellllllllll...i think i am done with smash (not being a loser and retiring like everyone else. or "retiring.") for now. meaning just like the rest of the year i won't be showing up or hosting anything. but i'll probably see a couple of you this month. Io Saturnalia!

Typ_Ex

Smash Lord
not to mention people are dumb and were always on my laptop. **** like that does not fly on the east coast,
That is the first time ive heard of such things happening.

As for people being dumb, i whole heartedly agree with you. People don't seem to realize there are so many empty setups at times because the TO is participating in their own tourney. Than they ***** and ask the TO whats going on during a set.

this almost inspires me to run my own tournament sometime. unfortunately, i suck at generating hype, wish hanson didnt quit haha.

Auddy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Auddy07
Glad my shampoo suggestion helped you in your shower. I hope Jesus gives you hugs at night when you want to cry. Better than coming here and hoping that we can be that shoulder you can cry on.
Thanks? I was really hoping to use your shoulder though. ;)

It turns out we sucked in teams.
That's why i'm done with smash. Mwahahaha!

Akasuna no Sasori

Smash Apprentice
Sooo after the ECU internet being down for nearly two days, I come back to the boards and find all this? Well...

Sorry to Dylan too for not letting you know sooner. =(
It's cool dude. I was kinda pissed at first but after I thought about it for a while, I decided it was better you didn't go since I stayed so long. I would've felt bad with you being stuck there that long since you really didn't want to go. I still wish you could've let me know like, the night before or something but ah well. No harm done :)

Way to be an ***.

Also, most people don't enter tournaments expecting to win. You aren't giving money to earn money. You are giving money to participate in the fun and to get to smash with better players.
This. This is exactly what I thought when I went to Intimikill. I knew I was gonna get roflstomped most likely (and I was right lol) but I still had fun, and I learned more about the game too. Besides, if nothing else you can go to tournaments and just play friendlies and not enter the singles or doubles bracket. :p

not to mention people are dumb and were always on my laptop.

wellllllllll...i think i am done with smash (not being a loser and retiring like everyone else. or "retiring.") for now. meaning just like the rest of the year i won't be showing up or hosting anything. but i'll probably see a couple of you this month. Io Saturnalia!
Yeah... my bad. Haha. I was just checking the bracket/watching the matches on the main TV when I was on it though. And got dragged into commentating on a match when I had like no idea who the teams were that were playing (except I knew one of the players was Wobbles. Wasn't til later I found out Bluezaft was his partner)

Also.... WTH?!?!?! Why is everyone quitting smash RIGHT after I get back to playing it competitively? That is so not cool :(

PrettyBoy=Marc

Smash Rookie
Seems like you did the smart thing kid, dont mind the weak smash players in norman.

Hell, I think I seen Daniel 's girlfriend out on a date with someone other than him. Son you gotta out your hard hat on and go to work. LOL ha!

LiL.Will

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ZOMGitzWill
3DS FC
2208-5740-6357
Ummm what has happened here? O_O

Oh and my dream job is to be a Gangster rapper....lol just kidding I want to be a 3D Animator annnnnnnnd I'm thinking of joining the marines for that "get right" attitude. Yeah thats what I want to do basically.

Marc keep playing smash.

The REAL reason I think we aren't getting new peeps here are because we don't search for them. Get on allisbrawl.com start posting up our tourneys on every brawl site you know you'd be surprised also do some random things like podcast interviews little tiny updates in the SF4 community a player named "Benkei" who has a podcast with a co-host named "D Nyce" who lives in Flordia after their second episode more peeps started going to Flordia tourneys most of them were in-state entrants. If a new person comes in be nice and critique on how they do (ask if they want to be critiqued though) and all of that stuff. Even though I quit I'm still searching for a mini Edmond scene to start up.

I gotta stop posting walls of text. O_O

PrettyBoy=Marc

Smash Rookie
trying to think of a time when marc beat me at any game ever in even 1 match...can't.
Getting girls, laugh at that alex!! Lol Only thing you can beat me in is those books you read. Honestly i dont remember anything about melee but having fun at babac's house. Hell I dont even remember playing peach

Chris you are so weak, the sad part is you think your really good but your not. Sorry to break the news tough guy. YOU may be Clark Kent but im your ****ing KRYPTONITE.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Smash over where I'm at is scarce. Seminole sucks. I need to go around the state and find the popular spots to play Smash at. Play at some tournaments when possible too.

Top Bottom