• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oklahoma Thread: Weekly events for all games in OKC and Tulsa

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
time away from something that's consuming like 50% of your life is probably a good thing no matter what it is. time off melee last semester was great. quitting wow was the best thing i did, not because i was addicted or didn't have fun, it just gave me so much time to invest into things i wanted to do.
so good luck with that and such, enjoy the rest of college, or at least a good amount before dedicating all your time to this game again, heh.

also...i totally didn't sleep. so i'm pretty much scheduled for the rest of the day, as i will be sleeping. sorry, chris :( but we're aiming for some smash on wednesday or thursday night as practice. so whoever wants to practice then, i'll have more details later.

FK1

Smash Journeyman
I'm bored...does anyone wanna come over and play for a little bit?

Also, HOBO anyone? ...prease... :)

Typ_Ex

Smash Lord
It's got nothing to do with Ryan, who was ****ing awesome and I had one of the best melee smashfests with him (probably the best smashfest in LA that I went to was the one he was at), but like after Intimakill I think I'm gonna quit.

I originally intended to bring my wii, grab my tv back, bring an extra controller and just get better at the game. Maybe even both games. I had like laid out ideas of what it was that I needed to work on, I found out everything about my game I could that I knew were flaws and was going to fix them, and I had secret techs that would have sped the snake game up by like 2x.

But whatever lol I just don't wanna play smash, just taking a week off being back in New Orleans just really emphasized like what it is that i really wanna do now, and it really isn't playing brawl and going to tourneys or hosting them.

So I guess this is a goodbye speech? <_<

Pretty much going to make it an effort to quit after Intimakill.
so you're going to quit both games after the melee tournament?

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
What Dphat means to say...

"Sars, you can't quit :( If you do, Who will I have as a Testing Dummy for my Tetris ****? Oh wait, last trip I hooked your buddies on Tetris, NVM SARS Get the Hell outta here. Hey Bassem, I got ya Girl talkin to me on the Phone "Yeah Baby, you're welcome. I hope you enjoyed that present I gave you last night"

HOLLA!"

Dphat doesn't have the courage these days to be a d***. At least publicly.

On a more serious note, that sucks about Nes N00B. My condolences to his family and those close to him, and his friends. Same for the other family.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
YAWARA, NO! I need you :(

Just do what I do and make it a minor part of your life. You can still come chill with all us cool people one weekend out of a month, maybe play some once a week or two weeks... just, don't leave me :(

bassem6

Smash Lord
Yawara, we just had hanson quit, you cant be serious! Youre too young to quit! Think of all the fun times to be had traveling and shiz. Now is the only time in your life you can do this without being laughed/pointed at! Seriously. Also...(patrick star voice) I love you o_O

What Dphat means to say...

"Sars, you can't quit :( If you do, Who will I have as a Testing Dummy for my Tetris ****? Oh wait, last trip I hooked your buddies on Tetris, NVM SARS Get the Hell outta here. Hey Bassem, I got ya Girl talkin to me on the Phone "Yeah Baby, you're welcome. I hope you enjoyed that present I gave you last night"

HOLLA!"

Dphat doesn't have the courage these days to be a d***. At least publicly.

On a more serious note, that sucks about Nes N00B. My condolences to his family and those close to him, and his friends. Same for the other family.
Why.... X_X

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
GNES NAME SEARCH THIS!!!

I love being a d*** like Dphat. I'm gonna start following his footsteps more.

LiL.Will

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ZOMGitzWill
3DS FC
2208-5740-6357
First of all.... R.I.P. Nes Noob I seriously wanted to meet him.

How is everyone? (Yes I care lol)

Anything special happening this week? Smash/Non-Smash related?

Scud

Smash Apprentice
We will probably be meeting sometime during the week to practice up teams before the tourney :). Everyone should come.

Shade_

Smash Ace
Yawara!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dang man, with out you I feel like...smash bros itself has retired. I hope by quit you mean just stop putting effort into the game, but still playing if it happens to come your way, like Hanson kinda.

Well either way, really glad to have had you around, both in smash and out of it.

What is it that you really want to do though? I mean, like what ever it was that you realized in New Orleans?

Van Jones

Smash Lord
Yawara, don't quit. If you do, I'm gonna hunt you down and annoy the **** out of you every time I take a trip to OK.

Also, I WANT MY **** SHOES BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LiL.Will

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ZOMGitzWill
3DS FC
2208-5740-6357
Yawara, don't quit. If you do, I'm gonna hunt you down and annoy the **** out of you every time I take a trip to OK.

Also, I WANT MY **** SHOES BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Haha you still haven't got your shoes back?

Yawara I can't stop you from doing what you want to do and holding you back from it is wrong but I'm glad to have met you man you have given me most of the knowledgable teachings of smash through your coachings when I go to a smash tournament so I wont forget that I stiill wish I was at OH Snap 4 seeing you beat Infinity in pools while you were dancing at the same time lol.

If you ever come back to OK bring me some shrimp or gumbo anything cajun really. Oh and some beads from a hot chick on mardi gras that would be the best gift right there behind having shrimp lol.

PrettyBoy=Marc

Smash Rookie
Haha you still haven't got your shoes back?

Yawara I can't stop you from doing what you want to do and holding you back from it is wrong but I'm glad to have met you man you have given me most of the knowledgable teachings of smash through your coachings when I go to a smash tournament so I wont forget that I stiill wish I was at OH Snap 4 seeing you beat Infinity in pools while you were dancing at the same time lol.

If you ever come back to OK bring me some shrimp or gumbo anything cajun really. Oh and some beads from a hot chick on mardi gras that would be the best gift right there behind having shrimp lol.
Spoken like a true Noob, Ohhh Yawara please teach me how to play blahh, blahh im soo weak! Lol

LiL.Will

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ZOMGitzWill
3DS FC
2208-5740-6357
Brett what time and are you planning to play melee this weekend?

Anyone want to go to that tourney ironboots posted up?

bassem6

Smash Lord
Going to lawton. My grandparents from NY are visiting and they are leaving saturday so being the loving grandchild I am, Im visiting them one last time before they go. I can hang a bit friday if you wanna get some practice for phaze...4? I did that with paul and look how well he did last time xD

Typ_Ex

Smash Lord
Going to lawton. My grandparents from NY are visiting and they are leaving saturday so being the loving grandchild I am, Im visiting them one last time before they go. I can hang a bit friday if you wanna get some practice for phaze...4? I did that with paul and look how well he did last time xD
that im a bit skeptical about, but i was wondering so i could play everybody when i get the time.
I already got around to almost everybody (including hanson) but you.

bassem6

Smash Lord
alrighty. I can either play you thursday( if I finish my sociology paper at a decent time) or friday after class around 345ish.

FK1

Smash Journeyman
Speak of the Devil...I'm in Lawton right now. ;)

And, I wished you had actually played. You just messed around the whole time. Hardly prepared me, Bassem. I need the big guns to learn a thing or two.

Also, HOBO 21. :D :D :D :D :D :D

Typ_Ex

Smash Lord

Typ_Ex

Smash Lord
also, MK buffs so far

sword is 1.4x longer
air accel is 2.3x
and max air speed is 3x

that is all.

Top Bottom