• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oklahoma Thread: Weekly events for all games in OKC and Tulsa

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I want to play SUPER Brawl Minus. Where Falcon is god.

PrettyBoy=Marc

Smash Rookie
Going to lawton. My grandparents from NY are visiting and they are leaving saturday so being the loving grandchild I am, Im visiting them one last time before they go. I can hang a bit friday if you wanna get some practice for phaze...4? I did that with paul and look how well he did last time xD
Bassemm!!! your are my hero. I need a HUGE favor from you. Send me your phone number through private msg. I will never talk **** on the boards if you do this.

PrettyBoy=Marc

Smash Rookie
marc wants some of that hot egyptian pharoah ***
Oh yeah alex some original black people from Mother land.

Chris shut up you weakling!! im tired of being weak marc aah ahh

Im going to play brandon blindfolded next time we play. He has probably a 0.0008% chance of winning now.

po pimpus

Smash Ace
Hey... **** you, Marc.

On a sadder note, I haven't been around much, so I just read about NES noob... I didn't know him, but it's always sad to lose a fellow smasher... Was really looking forward to playing him and the rest of the Midsouth peeps.

Speaking of which, because I've been really ill the last week or two, I have a ****load of hours to catch up on at work, and will not be able to attend ANYTHING for at least the next several weeks... That means no Intimikill, no well, ANYTHING...

Don't get too cocky though, you brats, because when the King returns, he shall rain fire and brimstone upon all those who stand in his way, believe that.

Van Jones

Smash Lord
Tom (or whoever else from OK who is going to Phase this weekend), can you get my Nikes from Danny and bring them to me? PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:)

8==============================================D

bassem6

Smash Lord
Tom (or whoever else from OK who is going to Phase this weekend), can you get my Nikes from Danny and bring them to me? PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:)

8==============================================D

Little do you know that oklahoma is secretly keeping the shoes on purpose as a trophy showing our dominance over TX. Oklahomaaaaa! WOO WOO WOO WOO WOOOO!

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
While Dphat and I are keeping your money as a trophy of Texas' Dominance over Oklahoma.

HOLLA!

Akasuna no Sasori

Smash Apprentice
Alex, Bret... Thanks for beating the **** out of us. Haha

Seriously though, it was fun and we learned a little bit (I think). Hopefully we do better against other teams at Intimikill than we did against you guys.

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
Alex, Bret... Thanks for beating the **** out of us. Haha

Seriously though, it was fun and we learned a little bit (I think). Hopefully we do better against other teams at Intimikill than we did against you guys.
haha, don't worry we'll be one of the best teams there, so i think you guys got more than decent practice. and i hope my tips actually came in handy at all.
sheesh, got so much crap to do today. sadnjahsdkhauosdhjawn

Typ_Ex

Smash Lord
I'll let you know by tomorrow after noon depends if i can get work off friday.
you work?

and ill be messing around w/ toon link every now and than. used to be an old secondary of mine and i just really went for big money spikes. sure he covers none of falco's bad matchups, but he looks quick and flashy.

and maybe snake cause i dont feel like moving very much.

Akasuna no Sasori

Smash Apprentice
haha, don't worry we'll be one of the best teams there, so i think you guys got more than decent practice. and i hope my tips actually came in handy at all.
sheesh, got so much crap to do today. sadnjahsdkhauosdhjawn
Well that makes me feel a lot better, especially since we managed to beat you guys once and got close a couple of other times (although your killing yourself a lot helped with those) :laugh:

Yeah, we're gonna try to incorporate your advice. I do have one question though: When playing doubles, how do you divide your focus? Like, how much time do you spend watching your teammate instead of yourself? Same thing with opponents, how often do you pay attention to the one you're not fighting?

Also, I'm thinking of changing my tag due to the fact that I'm tired of being named after an anime character. What do you guys think of the tag Raidos?

Young Deezy

Smash Apprentice
I came across a link today that took me to the top ten weirdest Oklahoma mascots.

7. The Paoli Pugs

The pug is perhaps the least intimidating of all dogs. To the best of our knowledge, it just sits around and looks wrinkly and ugly all day long. We’re not sure we’ve ever actually seen one move. But Paoli Pugs is a great name. It’s got a very high alliteration/unique quotient going for it.

WE DID IT!

DallasPhat

Smash Master
Planking Gnes While He Watches Invincible Youth
you work?

and ill be messing around w/ toon link every now and than. used to be an old secondary of mine and i just really went for big money spikes. sure he covers none of falco's bad matchups, but he looks quick and flashy.

and maybe snake cause i dont feel like moving very much.
Yeah I won't be able to house y'all got work from 5:30p-7:00a so I won't be home tonight.

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
Well that makes me feel a lot better, especially since we managed to beat you guys once and got close a couple of other times (although your killing yourself a lot helped with those) :laugh:

Yeah, we're gonna try to incorporate your advice. I do have one question though: When playing doubles, how do you divide your focus? Like, how much time do you spend watching your teammate instead of yourself? Same thing with opponents, how often do you pay attention to the one you're not fighting?

Also, I'm thinking of changing my tag due to the fact that I'm tired of being named after an anime character. What do you guys think of the tag Raidos?
raidos is good...for some reason i first read "Radios" and thought that was even more ******...choose that, lol.

you guys are more than decent, and i don't doubt you'll make it out of pools. don't feel bad about barely taking games off me, if everyone took that rule into play i would have single handedly have killed oklahoma melee :( (read: me being pretentious)

when i play i try to watch both my opponents more than i watch myself. if you pay attention to your opponents the most, you'll not only see better how to space, since you're seeing how they are trying to space against and approach/punish you, but you'll see their focus and if they are trying to fend you off from saving your teammate or if they are going to try and go double-team/help their own. i don't know past that, i haven't really paid attention to how often i look over to check on if brett is okay, i normally just see it out of my peripherals when i'm scoping out whoever he's fighting. and don't jsut save your teammate if he's off the stage or something, if you ever see him in a bad position, that's also the time to run over and help

so yeah...see you saturday. tell austin not to feel down either, he told me he didn't know if he was going or not after that. boooo...don't be emo, auddy!!! come learn and get some good games in! plus you'll feel even worse about not being the best if you don't show up to get some good tips and increase your skill towards that level you want to be at. weeeeeeee
tournament tomorrow. get hyped.

Akasuna no Sasori

Smash Apprentice
raidos is good...for some reason i first read "Radios" and thought that was even more ******...choose that, lol.

you guys are more than decent, and i don't doubt you'll make it out of pools. don't feel bad about barely taking games off me, if everyone took that rule into play i would have single handedly have killed oklahoma melee :( (read: me being pretentious)

when i play i try to watch both my opponents more than i watch myself. if you pay attention to your opponents the most, you'll not only see better how to space, since you're seeing how they are trying to space against and approach/punish you, but you'll see their focus and if they are trying to fend you off from saving your teammate or if they are going to try and go double-team/help their own. i don't know past that, i haven't really paid attention to how often i look over to check on if brett is okay, i normally just see it out of my peripherals when i'm scoping out whoever he's fighting. and don't jsut save your teammate if he's off the stage or something, if you ever see him in a bad position, that's also the time to run over and help

so yeah...see you saturday. tell austin not to feel down either, he told me he didn't know if he was going or not after that. boooo...don't be emo, auddy!!! come learn and get some good games in! plus you'll feel even worse about not being the best if you don't show up to get some good tips and increase your skill towards that level you want to be at. weeeeeeee
tournament tomorrow. get hyped.
Then Raidos it shall be! Will make new account on here for it later. About to pack and head home for the weekend right now

I don't feel bad about losing lol I know you're better than me. You've been playing competitively a lot longer than I have plus you have a lot more experience so of course I'm gonna lose. But that just means I gotta practice more and go to more smashfests/tournaments :)

Hmm... I need to learn to do that then. I've noticed I tend to focus more on my own character than my opponents'.

Don't worry, he'll be there. I think. He said he was gonna ride with me, so he should be going anyways. Unless he changes his mind again. And the main reason he doesn't want to go is because he doesn't have much money until his next paycheck and he doesn't want to "pay money to lose" as he put it. If he had money he probably would've never considered not going lol

EDIT:

And of COURSE the name Raidos is already taken. -_-

Typ_Ex

Smash Lord
i can give that to you now if you'd like. i've had that one for about 6 months now.

Auddy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Auddy07
Yeah, the money thing was the main problem for me. If I had moar moneez I would have went to Intimikill. I need money for food =p

Edit: I didn't want to double post, but I had to show you guys my greatest creation:

At the bottom there is 69696969 and 2009 Auddy, it gets cut off :laugh:

Keroku

Smash Apprentice
muscle march looks hilarious, but only with the right crowd.

other wise you'd just look like a wierdo gay guy.

Intimikill was fun! :3

reddy for dat results

Akasuna no Sasori

Smash Apprentice
Intimikill was awesome! Was really cool to meet so many people and see so many good smashers play in person. Too bad quite a few people backed out last minute though. Oh well, their loss. Really looking forward to the next tournament to come around. I will definately do better since I'll have time to get my tech skill up.

Speaking of tech skill... how the hell do you waveshine backwards with Falco? He just turns around and stays in his shine whenever I try to WD backwards out of it :(

Also... How do you fight Pikachu/Pichu with Falco? I got OWNED everytime I went up against one.

don't you have a meal plan t han?
He commutes.

Zinth

Smash Apprentice
To waveshine backwards with Falco, you have to jump while you're facing forward, and then, after the amount of time for Falco to actually leave the shine from his jump passes, point the stick diagonally-down in the backwards direction and press L/R. It's all about timing and control.

Auddy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Auddy07
I don't have a meal plan, I don't live in Norman, hence me saying I need money. Why do you even care? Just a question, not being a douche.

LiL.Will

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ZOMGitzWill
3DS FC
2208-5740-6357
As much as I have tried to juggle around smash with the other things I do in life I have decided to just stop playing smash or any other competitve gaming community for good. I love smash alot but it seems I joined it at the wrong time which has made me love it to just cant sit there and play it anymore at all. I never was that good anyway haha, and I never got to go to tournies or smashfest that much either. Tom,Chris,Yawara,Brandon,Deezy,Kuni,Paul,Bassem,Haley,F.A,Tony,Hanson,Alex,Brett,Bryan,Marc,Hyper,Daniel,KPeezy,Gmo,Chuck,Dat foo Pablo making fun of my height XD,any other Oklahomies,DPhat,Zeton,Domo,Clel,and basically everyone else thank you for making my expierience in the smash community a blast I can't stress enough how much better you've made it for me. Its my senior year and I need to focus on college so I can achieve the dream job I've been wanting. Don't think that I'll stop trying to chill with you guys and stuff.

tl;dr I quit lol.

FK1

Smash Journeyman
I remember the days when I thought being a senior in High School was a big deal...I wish I could be so young again.

Top Bottom