• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oklahoma Thread: Weekly events for all games in OKC and Tulsa

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Wait, but Andy and I went to the Lego store the day I came back to Oklahoma . . . which means it's not a grand opening . . . right?

Also, not only do we have like 7 new guys, we also have Pablo, Paemon, Auddy, and Irish Guy back.

Where's Shanx and Chubbs? Where my Falcon players at?

Or better yet, where's Craig?

Same rules apply as the last monthly!

Tyrannosaurus

Smash Cadet
nah it's already open but friday is the big gay celebration or whatever

i re-read the page and it looks lame, plus the t-shirts are childs sizes only so forget that

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
I think the tutoring job would be a good idea for you Bryan. But make sure you let them work out the problem. When you helped me, a lot of times you just solved it, and explained what you did. I still am very thankful for you're your help though, Yawara's especially.
Thanks, I'll keep that in mind.

Same rules apply as the last monthly!
No "too good" people allowed? :p The rules are the same as the OHSNAP5 rules, right? Also, were you in Edmond this morning? I saw someone in the back of a familiar-looking car who I dare say looked exactly like you, at least from behind.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Same rules as Oh Snap if for anything so you guys can get more practice at it, and no I wasn't in Edmond.

I want everyone to help me out on this one though, and I'll call peeps to get y'all to do stuff for me.

I also want everyone to try and get someone that likes Brawl to go, it'll be a fun deal for real, but we really want to reinsert some of the new kids back into the Brawl scene including the ones that just started posting and the ones that are coming back.

Get hype for Oh Snap!

[edit]

Actually, let me just put this out right here: Who needs a ride to the Norman Monthly, raise your hand, or who can't go for whatever reason this weekend?

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
I think it starts either 4 or 6, I gotta call Daniel about it still.

Or right in the middle, whatevs, but more info will be posted tonight as will the flier and all. Just print like 2 and post them on a door somewhere, it won't matta except it will cause I want lots of peeps to come forward.

Everyone's invited this time around, it's a real tourney with new kids who we're gonna be friendly to and make better cause this smashscene needs to grow.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Ah, I'm in Norman so gonna have to get an Edmond kid so yeah that's why I wanted kids to realize this stuff in advance.

So Bryan, can you give out rides to people?

po pimpus

Smash Ace
HYRO!! Come to OHSNAP, bro. Show these kids how a real Toon Link gets down.

Marc said he's coming to the monthly, so make sure y'all get lots of friendlies with him because you probably won't see him again for two months...

Alex, next time you see Brett, will you get my Guilty Gear Accent Core from him? I keep forgetting to mention it when I see him, which isn't very often these days. I figure I'll run into you before I run into him, so well, yeah.

LOL @ Brett posting right after I made this post...

Scud

Smash Apprentice
sad face
headache
putt putt
sleep
That's no good :(.
We are hanging tomorrow...no sad face.
I always wondered where chubbs went :(. cid or however you spell it sorry lol.
It would be great to see all the people we/I didn't get to see much of.
Don't worry chubbs, I won't eat fried foods in front of you, especially crossroads curly fries.

Don't worry Brandon...I saw it and will try to remember. Next time we can go to my apartment or something to get it of you want....oh Alex you can still remind me. kthxbailtt

GMo

Smash Apprentice
Beah, Dphat, and Bwett are coming this wkend. We'll have a smashfest sometime. Maybe the night after the monthly; playing it by ear.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Kuni needs to be picked up for the monthly, Bryan can you get Powa, Hyper, Kuni, and come down like that?

I'm guessing Brandon + Chris + Marc are one carpool. If someone can contact Paemon, can y'all do it for me? Not sure if Tulsa's up for coming. Can Tom contact Chuck for me?

Okay here's the rules:

Norman's second monthly! Bring the competition! Tournament will follow SBR rules. The Norman monthly will be held on July 25th at 3pm-12am. Registration starts at 3:30 and closes at 4:30. Tournament will start at 5:00p.m. The tournament will be held on the third floor of the OU Student Union. 900 Asp Ave. #428 Norman, OK 73069. Cash prizes will be awarded to top 3 finishers. The tournament will be double elimination. Any extra equipment would be much appreciated!

link2702

Smash Champion
dare i say it, even i didn't think it'd happen....

im all brawled out lately....its boring me, I can't even concentrate on matches lately, cuz I get bored outta my mind, of course this also has to do with part of the fact that NO ONE WANTS TO HAVE ANY FUN FRIENDLIES WITH ITEMS AND WACKY STAGES X[ of course thats only part of it(but seriously folks, I've gotta have some crazy freindlies every once and awhile, and lately its been fd sv, and bf so much that i can't even remember what some of the other stages ARE)

its not just brawl either....I tried to play melee....of course considering taht in melee all i have are cpus, and the reason brawl has held me this long is cuz of wifi and the fact that I get to face real people(sux when all your freinds are sony fanboys <.<, and sicne alll ya'll are so far away, only time id get to face you would be at smashfests, which i'm not even sure if i'll make it to the one on the 25... ) but even with melee's crazy combos, c.falcon being crazy good again, and not having to put up with Metawhores every other match, smash just got boring....i've played it into the dirt to the point where i'm not having any fun playing ANY of them. :<

not that big of a deal i know, since most of ya'll only saw my pit in action once, at the tourny awhile back, but just in case you guys where wanting to see it again....it might be a LOOONG while, even fi you agreed to face me in wifi(which is where i get all my training from, that tourny with you guys was my first time playing offline.) i'm just...bored of brawl atm....

if any of you guys have accf, conduit, or some other wii wifi game, or hell, if ya'll have tekken(any of em) or sf(any sf, i find em all fun) and wouldn't mind me showing up to ya'lls place for some of those (even though i'll be horrible at em.) i'd be up for it, but smash...i've just played it into the ground to the point where I don't wanna play it again for a loooooong time.....

so ya..pointless post is pointless, buuuuut just thought i'd tell ya'll i might or might not,(most likely not) show up for the smashfest on the 25, unless something major happens in smash, that jsut makes me gain a huge interest in it again, I probably won't be smashing for awhile.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Dude, trust me, when you meet up with the rest of us you'll wanna stick around :p

I mean, the reason why most of us are still in this community isn't cause we only love the game cause if that was true, like, a LOT of us would have quit by now, a lot of us who've been in this community since 2002. But it's just the people that make the events cool so if you're up for it, come on down, but if you're not it's understandable too.

Also, I wanna say that I want Young Deezy and Bassem to try and make an appearance!

Now serious post part:

I need at least one maybe two Windows computers that have Tournament Organizer on them. This is to create the brackets!!! Without brackets, there is no tournament, so I need someone with a Windows computer to help me out here!!!

Also, SET UPS!!! Please bring set ups! It may be an incovenience to you to bring one TV to a tournament, but without ANY TVs, we have 0 tournament. We may have like 5 right now so please bring more TVs if you guys want a faster tournament plus TVs to friendly with!

It's just one time a month, let's try to keep these monthlies going!

link2702

Smash Champion
Dude, trust me, when you meet up with the rest of us you'll wanna stick around :p

I mean, the reason why most of us are still in this community isn't cause we only love the game cause if that was true, like, a LOT of us would have quit by now, a lot of us who've been in this community since 2002. But it's just the people that make the events cool so if you're up for it, come on down, but if you're not it's understandable too.

Also, I wanna say that I want Young Deezy and Bassem to try and make an appearance!

Now serious post part:

I need at least one maybe two Windows computers that have Tournament Organizer on them. This is to create the brackets!!! Without brackets, there is no tournament, so I need someone with a Windows computer to help me out here!!!
i don't mean i'll be gone for good, just saying that i've literally played smash into the ground lately, i need a major break from it, heck brawl never even leaves me wii, i've got about 10-15 wii games I bought that i never finished cuz i've been so obsessed with smash, but i've jsut played it so much that atm, i don't really wanna play it anymore, i mean i'll be back eventually, but i'm jsut saying that atm, i'm all smashed out.

FK1

Smash Journeyman
Bassem will be there...Mr. Nasty will try to come and Mr. Fro's appearance most likely will depend on whether Mr. Nasty can come down or not. If there is room in my car, I will give someone in the Norman area a ride if needed. Also, I will bring a full setup and a reliable recording setup...You're welcome.

Also, link2702, no johns.

:)

EDIT: Anything else?

po pimpus

Smash Ace
Yeah, I hear what you're saying, man... Sometimes you just need to take a step back and give yourself time to cool off.

With that said, however, I really, REALLY think you should try to come to the event on Saturday. Not only will you get to meet every player in OK(for the most part), but our friends from Dallas are gonna be here as well, and we are all awesome people to just goof around with.

Also, you don't always have to PLAY TO WIN, BECAUSE DAVID SIRLIN SAID SO (No, I don't hate Sirlin, I actually met him once years ago, pretty cool dude, just hate the noobs who recite his book like it's the Bible)

Contrary to popular belief, you don't(and shouldn't) be trying to win every single match you play. You should make a game of it, seeing if you can win without using B moves, or not using your shield. Challenge yourself, see what happens. DON'T DO THAT IN TOURNAMENT MATCHES, HOWEVER.

Also, I know it's hard not having human opponents, but DON'T practice against CPUs for more than an hour or so... When I used to train, I would never play the AI for more than 45 minutes a day. That crap gets old FAST. That, more than anything, will cause you to hate the game and get bored.

I don't even do singular practice these days. The only time I play is when I have friends over/go to a Smashfest. Playing other people trumps CPUs always, even if you can only play them once or twice a month. With wi-fi, there's a few more options for practice, but even then, don't push yourself too hard.
Play for an hour or two, then take a break. (Five/six hour sessions hurt more than they help, unless you're really focused. You're going to tire, and your learning process will be stunted at around the two-three hour mark)

TL;DR version: Come play with us Saturday, and if you're still feeling burned out, take a month or so break, and come back stronger. Utilize my tips too, they work wonders for keeping the game fresh.

link2702

Smash Champion
Yeah, I hear what you're saying, man... Sometimes you just need to take a step back and give yourself time to cool off.

With that said, however, I really, REALLY think you should try to come to the event on Saturday. Not only will you get to meet every player in OK(for the most part), but our friends from Dallas are gonna be here as well, and we are all awesome people to just goof around with.

Also, you don't always have to PLAY TO WIN, BECAUSE DAVID SIRLIN SAID SO (No, I don't hate Sirlin, I actually met him once years ago, pretty cool dude, just hate the noobs who recite his book like it's the Bible)

Contrary to popular belief, you don't(and shouldn't) be trying to win every single match you play. You should make a game of it, seeing if you can win without using B moves, or not using your shield. Challenge yourself, see what happens. DON'T DO THAT IN TOURNAMENT MATCHES, HOWEVER.

Also, I know it's hard not having human opponents, but DON'T practice against CPUs for more than an hour or so... When I used to train, I would never play the AI for more than 45 minutes a day. That crap gets old FAST. That, more than anything, will cause you to hate the game and get bored.

I don't even do singular practice these days. The only time I play is when I have friends over/go to a Smashfest. Playing other people trumps CPUs always, even if you can only play them once or twice a month. With wi-fi, there's a few more options for practice, but even then, don't push yourself too hard.
Play for an hour or two, then take a break. (Five/six hour sessions hurt more than they help, unless you're really focused. You're going to tire, and your learning process will be stunted at around the two-three hour mark)

TL;DR version: Come play with us Saturday, and if you're still feeling burned out, take a month or so break, and come back stronger. Utilize my tips too, they work wonders for keeping the game fresh.
well...i guess i'll try to make it sat., already asked for that day off from work anyway soo...

ummmm, if fling can't, would anyone else be willing to give me a ride there? my car is being a pain in the @$$ lately, it keeps overheating like mad, i've changed the thermostat, the waterpump, made sure the fans working, flushed out the radiator, you name it i've tried it, and it STILL keeps overheating X[ only thing I can possibly think of next is to just change out the whole radiator (i'm no mechanic, so, if theres somethign else ima missing no ones told me yet) anyway, anyone willing to give me a ride? :dizzy:

Gravity

Smash Ace
Kuni needs to be picked up for the monthly, Bryan can you get Powa, Hyper, Kuni, and come down like that?

I'm guessing Brandon + Chris + Marc are one carpool. If someone can contact Paemon, can y'all do it for me? Not sure if Tulsa's up for coming. Can Tom contact Chuck for me?

Okay here's the rules:

Norman's second monthly! Bring the competition! Tournament will follow SBR rules. The Norman monthly will be held on July 25th at 3pm-12am. Registration starts at 3:30 and closes at 4:30. Tournament will start at 5:00p.m. The tournament will be held on the third floor of the OU Student Union. 900 Asp Ave. #428 Norman, OK 73069. Cash prizes will be awarded to top 3 finishers. The tournament will be double elimination. Any extra equipment would be much appreciated!
i dont think i can make it but if theres an after party i might be at that.

after party

i get off work at like 10 that night so yeah

Typ_Ex

Smash Lord
well...i guess i'll try to make it sat., already asked for that day off from work anyway soo...

ummmm, if fling can't, would anyone else be willing to give me a ride there? my car is being a pain in the @$$ lately, it keeps overheating like mad, i've changed the thermostat, the waterpump, made sure the fans working, flushed out the radiator, you name it i've tried it, and it STILL keeps overheating X[ only thing I can possibly think of next is to just change out the whole radiator (i'm no mechanic, so, if theres somethign else ima missing no ones told me yet) anyway, anyone willing to give me a ride? :dizzy:
i can help out w/ that. and if its free money for anybody, it will be me ;(

Please let something go down today, im out of school!

another edit:
Anybody who's interested i tripped upon this coupon

http://a2.slickdeals.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=237001&d=1248359885

dont know if it actually works.

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
****, now the Taco Bell dog is dead, too.

I don't think 2009 so much gave 2008 a run for its money as it just beat 2008 and took its money.

Where does Hyper live?

sad face
headache
putt putt
sleep
Nitwit, blubber, oddment, tweak? Nevermind.

Also, today was the last day of my summer class. Now I've just got the final next Tuesday.

Top Bottom