• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oklahoma Thread: Weekly events for all games in OKC and Tulsa

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
I have to give my vote for the Rainbow Dash postbit. But that's connected toward my bias for the color blue.

DualCats

Smash Ace
Guess I'm down for some melee today Karl. Just let me know when I can come down.
I think I'm about to take a nap but any time this evening is fine, really. But you should call beforehand in case I decide to leave for some reason (e.g. food)

I don't know if you have my number or not - 602.466.4117

po pimpus

Smash Ace
Yeah, now we KNOW that the world ends in 2012... the bat got banned to Ubers (lol Garchomp). It will be interesting to see how it all plays out though.

Even with all of my hate for him, personally, I truly believe that Meta Knight is not the real problem, but rather the community's mindset towards experimenting with new rules and formats that ultimately makes Brawl not as fun as it could/should be competitively.

link2702

Smash Champion
mm....so are the oklahoma tournaments gonna follow the metaknight ban?

if so i might have a bit more incentive to get off my lazy *** and start trying to come to tournaments again.

after Oct. 13th and my wife passes the immigrations interview mind you.(im sure some folks remember me mentioning it here.....like....2 years ago, yes, i've been dealing with immigrations trying to get her here, THAT long. )

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
All that changes is that Chuck Nasty has to go back to Pokemon Trainer, and he'll probably wreck us with PT anyway.

Oh, and Bassem can't use MK anymore, but he has a Lucario.

Nothing lost, nothing gained.

link2702

Smash Champion
well it was a loooong time ago snce i played....but....didn't their used to be a LOT more meta's around?

like i remember powerstar off the top of my head(i think thats who he was.) but there were also several others.

mind you last tournament offline here i played was like.....2009, but i clearly remembered we had a LOT of meta and wario users back then...

Triforce Of Chozo

Smash Ace
**** face is the only way to go, Fro.

Josh, I'll loan you a nickel. Just know my interest rates are through the roof, and by the end of the month you'll owe me roughly one Russian mail order bride.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Believe it or not, I do have a nickel on hand.

Bassem, just come by the malt shop before 5. I'll pay you back there.

:phone:

Typ_Ex

Smash Lord
nearest people to play are unfortunately in Tulsa...or maybe wichita if you're lucky

Typ_Ex

Smash Lord
well you'd most likely find people to host a brawl tournament. but either way the tournaments are far and few in between. Most people who go to tournaments travel for them.

Zinth

Smash Apprentice
Aren't you the Hyper who played Wario and showed up to a number of our tournaments (when I still played Brawl) in the past?

Anyway, my Brawl main is officially Marth, now. I don't think I can get into Brawl as much as I was at my height interest, but I'd imagine that I'd be down to play it every now and then, now that I have to use a fair character (a fairacter?).

Top Bottom