• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oklahoma Thread: Weekly events for all games in OKC and Tulsa

Typ_Ex

Smash Lord
someone photoshop curtis' head on top of the main characters head with bald beard and everything.

also colin is comign at 8.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
So like,

there's this very pretty girl working at the Family Video across the street form where I'm at.

I just stepped to get my games cleaned up. I didn't think I needed to be festive, so i just got my glasses, exercise shorts, and a simple t-shirt and went there.

I also forgot to bring my phone because I didn't think I'd need it for a trip that would take 45 seconds.

Lesson learned: First Impressions DO mean everything. brb going back to that Family Video to rent a game.

EDIT: I have come to the conclusion that I have no backbone/balls. I need support.

3DS FC
5301-0744-1149
Lol its all how you talk josh. Just sound confident and laid back and you will be fine. I'm an ugly *** mother ****er but i can talk my way into anything

:phone:

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
I don't talk. Ever. I'm too scared of making a fool of myself. :3

Plus I have some ugly *** teeth so I'm self-conscious about that when I talk.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Guess I'll have to do that. I'll have ample time to do so at Bassem's smashfest tomorrow.

I'll be going back Wednesday to return the House DVDs I rented, so I can only hope no one "needs their games cleaned up." by then.

Also, my Mario Kart Wii sucks. It went through 2 runthroughs of the Family Video cleaning machine and it still doesn't work.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Yo who has the other recorded stuff from the Memorial tournament? Arby you/your friend got that?

bassem6

Smash Lord
So like,

there's this very pretty girl working at the Family Video across the street form where I'm at.

I just stepped to get my games cleaned up. I didn't think I needed to be festive, so i just got my glasses, exercise shorts, and a simple t-shirt and went there.

I also forgot to bring my phone because I didn't think I'd need it for a trip that would take 45 seconds.

Lesson learned: First Impressions DO mean everything. brb going back to that Family Video to rent a game.

EDIT: I have come to the conclusion that I have no backbone/balls. I need support.
Josh my boy. You have your eyes on a young lass yes? Allow me to be your advisor! Heres what you have to do.

Go to family video often. Look good too. None of that shorts and a tshirt bs. You gotta be on your A-game.

This girl has to recognize you. So, if you go there often, you will naturally become less and less of a stranger to her. After you feel that she has begun to recognize you, start making short conversation with her. For example, you can ask for her opinions on movies. Pick two movies that you are stuck between watching and ask her which one she thinks you should rent. You can also be like, the movie I rented last time was so good! You should definitely check it out if you havent seen it already. Also, be cute about it! Smile, be pleasant, make sure your breath is good and have sprayed a good amount of axe or old spice.

If you wanna talk to her, your initial conversation has to be relevant. Like, if you just go up and start talking to her about a random subject, she could potentially be put off or freaked out. You gotta ease yourself into the conversation.

So, after you have had sufficient movie/family video conversation, you can branch out onto other topics. For example, if there is a game going on or one that recently happened, you can be like, did you see what happened at the game? The craziest thing happened! Then you tell her about something crazy or cool that happened and hopefully she seems interested and the conversation progresses naturally.

You cant force the conversation and you have to read her. Like, "does she look like shes willing to talk a bit right now or is she rushing me to leave?" Also, if she doesnt smile or seem pleasant when you talk to her, then she probably isnt interested and you shouldnt pursue it any further.

Thats all I feel like posting for now lol. Text me and tell me how it's going if you have any interesting developments with her.

As a psych major, I love trying to predict social interaction, and at the same time, I'm helping a friend out :)

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Oooohhh but Bassem-sama, I tried to break the ice upon our first meeting by asking if she went to OU and what year she was and what her major. In return, I disclosed my status in school.

Granted, I did the same with Tabby, and although it didn't last, we at least got it off the ground for a while.

I already went to the FV 3 times that day as well: the initial meeting, then back when I got Season 6 of House to watch and set up an account there, and again when my MKWii disc proved that it was irrevocably ********. So she's got a clear picture of me, and for all I know she may suspect me. Paranoia tells me she was eyeing me suspiciously and perhaps loftily when I went back to browsing for movies.

tl;dr; I'm a pussy and tried to go too fast. I'l see what happens Wednesday when I return the DVDs.

bassem6

Smash Lord
Oooohhh but Bassem-sama, I tried to break the ice upon our first meeting by asking if she went to OU and what year she was and what her major. In return, I disclosed my status in school.

Granted, I did the same with Tabby, and although it didn't last, we at least got it off the ground for a while.

I already went to the FV 3 times that day as well: the initial meeting, then back when I got Season 6 of House to watch and set up an account there, and again when my MKWii disc proved that it was irrevocably ********. So she's got a clear picture of me, and for all I know she may suspect me. Paranoia tells me she was eyeing me suspiciously and perhaps loftily when I went back to browsing for movies.

tl;dr; I'm a pussy and tried to go too fast. I'l see what happens Wednesday when I return the DVDs.
Oh dang first meeting you started talking to her? Thats pretty gutsy/risky. Well...how did she respond when you were talking to her? Also, what do you mean by "eyeing you loftily"?

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
She was all smiles when we talked, but I suppose that's just her personality and her job as a clerk.

Maybe loftily isn't the right word. Maybe "I can do better than you" works better.

bassem6

Smash Lord
She was all smiles when we talked, but I suppose that's just her personality and her job as a clerk.

Maybe loftily isn't the right word. Maybe "I can do better than you" works better.
oh...hmm. Well, I wouldn't assume that. She doesn't even know you yet haha.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
So I'm packing everything up right now to get ready to go to Japan. People gotta tell me what they want for souveniers so I can figure out how much to space to leave behind HOLLA

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
she's a family man

Yawara: If you are a god, Sake. If you are merely a mortal, something else.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Curtis, that Baylor fella from the Smash tournament a few weeks ago wants to take you on. Specifically, your Snake. Told me so himself at the malt shop. You up to the challenge? :p

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
He seemed keen on learning more about the game, so I told him about our spontaneous smashfests and how I'd let him know if one went down. Got his Facebook and all that.

I hope he'll stay with us. It'd be cool to have a Wolf player.

Top Bottom