• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oklahoma Thread: Weekly events for all games in OKC and Tulsa

LiL.Will

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ZOMGitzWill
3DS FC
2208-5740-6357
I have a reason to play games again lol (well a lil) I might get a 3DS still need a good reason...

Chrono trigger is on the wii shop never played it but any SNES game in the 90's is win lol

I was gonna get a PS3 but just getting MVC3 and AH3 feels like a waste and i can't stand many FPS games

My wii is collecting dust what are some good games? (It can be any gc/wii/n64/wiiware/etc.)

I have two PSPs....who wanna help me hack one? Lol

:phone:

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
So Bryan Hoke says that he's capable of running at a mile in about a minute.

Bryan Hoke has some awesome sneakers.

[edit]

Also everyone's going to a Melee/Brawl tournament in Arizona, first weekend of.

So far we've got:

Me
Bryan
Andy
Chris
Brandon

Waiting on:
Everyone who plays Brawl
Forest
Josh

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Interesting. I'd like to go, but I have little funds and no job still. But that may change tomorrow with the town golf course. I'll be mowing the fairways and roughs most likely, but I'l be outside in that big area for hours at a time, I'll love that.

Triforce Of Chozo

Smash Ace
Boss, I haven't been on a smash roadtrip in forever. Josh, you know people are probably willing to spot you until you get paid. I mean, I'd have no problem doing it. Also, have fun mowing that soggy *** **** tomorrow lol.
Bassem, let's get this planned out and stuff. Also you should tell your parents lol.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
You guys should also go to AZ!

We're planning on doing a 4 day trip, 2 days spent on driving, one on smash, one on sight seeing around the Grand Canyon or some ****.

LiL.Will

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ZOMGitzWill
3DS FC
2208-5740-6357
Man i wanna go to AZ but i couldn't figure out how that would work...

For hobo if we have the stay the nigjt for housing i can't go lol

Also I'm getting the new blazblue looks nice.

:phone:

Typ_Ex

Smash Lord
oh yeah bassem, chuck dropped. so im dropping. i also have lack of funds and a job to secure.

bassem6

Smash Lord
well curtis and josh, Im still up for going. Im going to contact zac and dphat and see if I/we can carpool with them from dallas to houston.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
No one else seems interested though T_T

It's ****ing Arizona, people from Cali and NM might go to that tourney.

Young Danny

Smash Journeyman
Introducing myself-

Name is Matt.

Been in Tulsa for 2 years (81st and Memorial).

Was HEAVY into Melee until Brawl.

From Dallas

Went to school in Lubbock

Go Mavericks!

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Well, if you're into Brawl then Tulsa's the best city for you.

Also Coty!!! Start hyping that tourney in front of the NM kids so we can ask off of work and stuff.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Don't have mooooneeeeeyyyy for the AZ tourney. D:

Best I can do is go to the next monthly.

I might get a job at the Children's Museum though, so I'll get some income in. But depending on circumstances next month, I may not even get a job.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Dude, where have you been applying? Just work at Convergys, they pay you lots of money, and you get to pick and choose your hours. It just sucks cause you'll get yelled at a lot

G. Vice

Smash Lord
What's good Oklahoma? When you guys coming to play us? I'm supposed to get some matches in with you fellas.

Young Danny

Smash Journeyman
WHY YOU STEAL NAMES?????

lol
LOOK AT THE JOINT DATE :)

Dallas area held a very large tournament in 2005 called MOAST3 and a there was a black luigi player from Oklahoma (think his name was Po Pimpus??). Is he still around?

Anyways, I'll tentatively confirm for the Norman monthly. How many known, active smashers are here in Tulsa?

G. Vice

Smash Lord
Sars invited me to the OK monthly this month, but I don't know exactly when it will be...

also I don't guess there's no way you guys can do a friday-saturday gig instead of a saturday-sunday gig is there?

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
It is Saturday only so if you wanted to come down Friday then leave Saturday, that'd be cool. The link for the monthly is here:

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=305006

It's close to the end of the month, so it should be enough time to ask off of work, right? :p

I'm sure everyone would be more than happy to house you for this, and all our best melee players will be showing for lots of friendlies and serious matches. I'll ask Forest to hype up so that KS or TX melee will show too.

po pimpus

Smash Ace
That was awesome. I was also really impressed with Mike Ross making Top Three and taking Justin Wong out of the tournament.

The Twins don't look all that godlike to me, but I also believe people just don't have enough experience with them and how to properly utilize their tools. Tokido shocked the hell out of me in Marvel, though... USA is gonna have to hit the lab a lot harder to shut Japan out at EVO.

EDIT: What up, Matt? Good to see there are still players from that era still active. I hope to catch you at our monthly on the 25th!

Top Bottom