• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oklahoma Thread: Weekly events for all games in OKC and Tulsa

Falcoty

Smash Apprentice
So it looks like I just need to create a student organization, and I can reserve the date. The two catches being:

The second week of August is no-go, I'm assuming because it's too close to the start of the semester.
The last week of July means the tourney would be on or the day after my birthday lol. Not that that's a huge issue... I'm just sayin :p

So the current tentative date (I'll make a thread when I can ACTUALLY reserve the room) is July 30th. If it looks like there will be a lot of people for Brawl and Melee, it'll be the 29th-30th

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Gotta get a thread up man, and keep your best players locked down to attract attention.

Also, it's street fight Kuni, but you should get into it too cause there's a character that can spam fireballs in 3 directions and is really technical (Up, mid, and one riding the ground).

Also someone play me on PSN!!! I wanna get better like right now.

Solidusspriggan

Smash Journeyman
Anyone down to go to Denti's Brawl+Melee dallas tourney on July 1st? I'm down. Bryan?

I could perhaps even drive if people provided gas money (cuz im 100% broke).

I also need to get a thread up for Marvel+Smash for August 20th like now.

I WANT YOU ALL TO COME TO THE UNION TO NIGHT AND PRACTICE AH3. See if we can roll Dallas next saturday.

Triforce Of Chozo

Smash Ace
graarghhhh. Screw you guys. Fine, Ill drive. I will have driven to dallas like 4 weekends in a row now lol.

Btw, where are you guys living currently? Because Im in lawton. So maybe if you are both in norman, the two of you could drive to lawton together, then the 3 of us to dallas. That way, I wont have to go north(east) then south again when Im picking you guys up and dropping you off. It would be very helpful.
I think Josh is still in Seminole but he could come to Norman, I could drive us to Lawton, and you can drive us to Dallas. When do you want to leave? When do we need to be in Dallas? etc

3DS FC
5301-0744-1149
i wanna go to the union tonight but i have no gas.... would anybody be cool enough to pick up me and my woman?????? im off today....

Solidusspriggan

Smash Journeyman
Well I'm actually running the anime stuff, so if Yawara could grab you that would be phenomenal ^_-

I'm really hoping AR & MO can make the monthly. Witchita Falls is gonna make a showing...and hopefully we will see Dallas for AH3/BBCS2!

Zinth

Smash Apprentice
BACON!!! Me likey bacon.

I'm down for going to Dallas, MO, and AZ. I'll be at the Union tonight, but I want to do my assignment first, so it might be closer to 9-10 that I get there.

Also, Coty, remember when we had OHSNAP1 on your birthday? I still have the video of us singing to you.

Yawara, what is your avatar?

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
I am done for the weekend after I get out of lab tomorrow afternoon, so we can go to Lawton whenever we need to, whether it be tomorrow or Friday.
So to make sure on the plan:

I go up to Norman, then we go Lawton. Friday we go to Dallas and we go to Houston? Do we have a place to stay in Houston? Saturday, we either go from Dallas to Houston, or are we already there?

I need to get things figured out.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Before people call me out for being a douche, it's cause I've got a job interview at 8 tomorrow :D

Also I just dropped like 20 matches in a row against Chris in SSFIV:AE. He's hard.

Triforce Of Chozo

Smash Ace
So to make sure on the plan:

I go up to Norman, then we go Lawton. Friday we go to Dallas and we go to Houston? Do we have a place to stay in Houston? Saturday, we either go from Dallas to Houston, or are we already there?

I need to get things figured out.
The plan is for you to come to Norman whenever you want, either Thursday or Friday. We will leave for Lawton Friday afternoon and once there Bassem will drive us to Dallas. From Dallas we will carpool with Dphat to Houston and stay the night with someone. Then we do work at HOBO on Saturday.

G. Vice

Smash Lord
So who's all going to be at the OK monthly? Any big names? I'm debating on whether or not I'll be able to make it.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
All of Oklahoma and then some Wichita falls guys, I think that's about it. I think this monthly's more about the Dustloop scene?

Oh, and some Missouri guys are thinking about coming down I think.

Solidusspriggan

Smash Journeyman
Hopefully some dustloopers show!
There is a new Melee crew from witchita falls, which is really great to get new people into such a classic title.

The biggest name of course is Zinth who told me lastnight he is ready to whoop you G.Vice.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Super Street Fighter IV!

Also turns out I got work so I can't go to the monthly :(

I"ll show up after midnight to party though.

Solidusspriggan

Smash Journeyman
Why isn't your training daytime? Man does this training mean your pretty much out of the loop for tourneys this summer? 5 weeks during weekends seems excessive.

When I trained it was 2 weeks 10-6.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Congergys,

And it's cool dude, I'm just gonna say that I got a wedding + a rehearsal to go to since they're back to back.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Working on Fei Long on top of Makoto. I think I need to go cheap to understand the game better and then transition outwards. Maybe. All I know is that Fei Long is like 10x easier than Makoto lol

LordGaga

Smash Rookie
Wait so Yawara got the job even after pooping all over the floor during the drug test? You must be a really hard worker. Grats man!

Top Bottom