• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oklahoma Thread: Weekly events for all games in OKC and Tulsa

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Well, from what I heard, Jwong was tired of people stealing his teams so he actually has been practicing one just for EVO that he hasn't shown anyone, same with Marn.

But ya, Mike Ross *****. I also thought he'd have a better shot vs Tokido and **** Arturo.

Solidusspriggan

Smash Journeyman
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=305006

also I don't guess there's no way you guys can do a friday-saturday gig instead of a saturday-sunday gig is there?
I'm probably not doing 2-day again. The monthly saturday tourney has been ending before 5PM so you guys that need to do Sunday stuff should be able to get to AR in a reasonable amount of time.

Crew battles might be cool...

I'll ask Forest to hype up so that KS or TX melee will show too.
I have been in Texas for 2 weeks so I haven't had alot of time to hype beyond the brawl kids I saw there, you guys should put in the word with crews you know and I'll get some hype out there as well.

Also, the facebook event isn't working. I created the event 3 times now and it isn't showing up! Facebook is so broken its pissing my **** off.

Falcoty

Smash Apprentice
Yay back in AZ :)

I'm glad I got to hang out with all of you guys! I'm especially proud of bringing Kuni out of hiding lol

I'm already talking to ASU's event department about booking some space for a August tourney.

<3 OK smashers

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
So my brother thought he saw Tomba! on the PSN network available for download. I was about to haul my *** over to the store and get him a PSN card, have him download the game, and then steal his PS3 and play it all summer, then pack it up for the next semester.

Then he looked again and couldn't find it.

P.S. Tomba! and Tomba! 2 are the greatest games ever made.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Today is my ex's birthday. I knew this was coming all week, but now I have that Facebook app to remind me every time I'm on the home page. It's just so very awkward; she dumped me and went off with another guy from what me and Cody saw, but she was the first to tell me Happy Birthday, at midnight, so I feel obligated to tell her the same despite the breakup and subsequent not-talking-to-each-other thing.

I hate this, I hate it a lot.

Shade_

Smash Ace
I'd probably just shoot you until you died with Lasers or we'd time each other out. But I don't think anyone besides maybe Bassem is going out of state anytime soon lol. He'd give you a run for your money for sure though Tesh.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
All I care about is watching these Makoto vids to figure out wtf I should be doing. So far I've been watching Vryu, Momochi, and Haitani.

Really love Haitani's playstyle, but there's like no vids of him -_____-

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Apparently some complications came up with my car engine, so idk about taking my car.

Bassem, are you sure you can't drive to this?

po pimpus

Smash Ace
Yawara, Makoto is a lot closer to her 3rd Strike incarnation now, so if you really need to brush up on her setups and whatnot, I'd almost suggest watching vids of J's Makoto. He's always been my favorite Makoto player in 3s and I'm sure some of the basic stuff should be transferrable.

Basically, you want to be as close to your opponent as possible, score a knockdown, and then follow up with one of the most frightening guessing games/mix-ups you will ever see. There's a saying around Makoto players-- "Guess right twice and you win." I think it's more like three times in AE, but yeah, you guess wrong against 'Kotes and you die. I love her so much :love:

Also, you chumps get HYPE for the monthly and the upcoming AZ trip! At this very moment, I have decided that the best thing I can do for the fighting community as a whole is to become more proficient at whooping ***, so I'm taking several games into the lab and will not emerge until I am a threat the likes of which no one has ever seen...
We're talking circa-2004/2005 Po Pimpus... I'm hungry for competition again.

GET BIG! MARIO BIG!!

DualCats

Smash Ace
Also, you chumps get HYPE for the monthly and the upcoming AZ trip! At this very moment, I have decided that the best thing I can do for the fighting community as a whole is to become more proficient at whooping ***, so I'm taking several games into the lab and will not emerge until I am a threat the likes of which no one has ever seen...
We're talking circa-2004/2005 Po Pimpus... I'm hungry for competition again.

GET BIG! MARIO BIG!!
Po . . . I love you. <3

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Okay, here's my thing about fighting game characters.

*I do not like characters that are dumb and spam, I can play like that, but it's not ideal. That's partly why I hate charge characters because I don't feel that they're true defensive characters. I think Characters that are defensive per extreme reaction like Dhalsim can be cool, not Guile or Sagat.

*I like characters that require hyper offense and trade that off with lackluster defensive capabilities. I think Captain Falcon best represents that philosophy, but the great thing about it is that it allows me to focus my game in one category more. It's like my brain is already 80-20 focused on offense, if a character complements that, that's even better.

*I love speed and quick approaches, and I love baiting to take advantage of that. I hate creeping, and I hate standoffs cause they bore me and force me to make mistakes.

*I love characters that can expand their combos via creativity and personal theories. I don't like regurgitated characters. I don't want to play like this other dude who's better than me.

*I love characters that I also hate for its flaws at the same time. For instance, I love Falcon's strengths. I ****ing hate his faults. I hate his recovery, I hate his low percent trade options, I hate his matchup disadvantages across the board, but I love playing him as a result.

I think Makoto best fits that mold in AE for me. After exhaustive reading, I've found out that either her or Dudley are the pefect characters that fit that mold, but Dudley seems like he's less creative than Makoto with his fixed punishes.

Because of her command grab, the way she uses her meter, her mixups, and her pressure options from wake-ups as well as her phenomenal dash-in, I think I can imagine way too many different ways to lead in and continue combos with her than Dudley.

Also because it's a frustrating learning curve with her as a character that often loses due to her lack of options under duress, it, in a way, pressures me to understand the game better as well as develop a greater presence during play as well as make sure that my combos end rather than begin and continue.

Also I don't want to use Ultra 1, I want to use Ultra 2.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Whoa, super edit.

So MO has a tourney that's 5 hours away from us featuring Kage, Axe, Kels, and Tink. A lot of good competition will be going there also, it's just that it might be on the same day that Coty wants to throw his tourney.

If Axe goes to MO instead of AZ, I'm more tempted to going to MO <_<; What do you guys want to do? If Coty moves the tourney date a week back or a week up, I'd be up for going to both so long as like enough people go with me.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
But dude, playing versus players that put up walls of defense, like, if I get over that, that only makes my approaches and my baits that much better.

It's just a learning process.

Denti

Smash Master
BRAWL AND MELEE TOURNAMENT (melee held by swift) ON JULY 1ST SAME VENUE AND TIMES AS LAST ONE! This is on a Friday and is located at Fort Worth TX!
IF YOU NEED HELP GETTING THE THE VENUE OR ANYTHING LIKE THAT LET ME KNOW AND WE'LL WORK SOMETHING OUT.

If you need to contact me about whatever PM or call/text me at 405-923-7133

Revolution 3 Brawl tournament thread: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=304028

Falcoty

Smash Apprentice
Whoa, super edit.

So MO has a tourney that's 5 hours away from us featuring Kage, Axe, Kels, and Tink. A lot of good competition will be going there also, it's just that it might be on the same day that Coty wants to throw his tourney.

If Axe goes to MO instead of AZ, I'm more tempted to going to MO <_<; What do you guys want to do? If Coty moves the tourney date a week back or a week up, I'd be up for going to both so long as like enough people go with me.
...I am disappoint

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Well, if you want us to go, you gotta lock down your best players in your state <_<

Just move the tourney a week back or forward, and we'll rearrange to go to both tourneys.

bassem6

Smash Lord
Apparently some complications came up with my car engine, so idk about taking my car.

Bassem, are you sure you can't drive to this?
Bassem we should take your car. Mine's tires are almost completely worn, the oil is low, the AC is trash, etc.
graarghhhh. Screw you guys. Fine, Ill drive. I will have driven to dallas like 4 weekends in a row now lol.

Btw, where are you guys living currently? Because Im in lawton. So maybe if you are both in norman, the two of you could drive to lawton together, then the 3 of us to dallas. That way, I wont have to go north(east) then south again when Im picking you guys up and dropping you off. It would be very helpful.

DualCats

Smash Ace
Well, if you want us to go, you gotta lock down your best players in your state <_<

Just move the tourney a week back or forward, and we'll rearrange to go to both tourneys.
Incidentally, if the Tourney is moved back a week, it's possible that I could come back to OK the next week and go to the MO tourney also. Science!

Top Bottom