• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oklahoma Thread: Weekly events for all games in OKC and Tulsa

Solidusspriggan

Smash Journeyman
I think the Pidgeon game has alot of potential! I have alot of ideas, after the first 4 points on development, you read on to see gameplay ideas.

1. Develop the game for Steam or alternatively Android (and port to iOS). This allows you to avoid Sony & Nintendo's barriers to store entry as well as their very high development kit costs. (Android/iOS kits are free)

2. It will be nigh impossible to upkeep any kind of landmark system without frequent downloads and updates, which will require a server and some high upkeep costs. Some kind of P2P solution could be reached.

3. Sure you can play online, but you could also use GPS to find which city you are near and choose it first if it has a map, otherwise you can pick your starting location, the entire map should be linked, even if cities need to load seperately, leaving one should lead to a national overworld. The GPS will more importantly allow you to locate other people nearby that have the game installed, and connect to them just like you would with like a DS. (fallback on IP Geolocation if you want to play on a laptop or tablet). Now you can do co-op missions with people you find in the area, preferably in the city level that you are in.

4. I can't imagine many expansive ability sets for the pigeon to upgrade, so I see item collection primarily as something that has 2 functions.
A. You get points (for the leaderboards of course)
B. You can take the items back to your nest, which you will build whever you like. If you complete a co-op mission with a friend, his or her nest will be synced to your world. Of course you can't take their items, since you didn't earn them, but this would be a motivation for users to collect alot of cool items and make really impressive nests that would then encourage them to play multiplayer so they could sync their awesome nests across many player files to show off their things. Of course players could also delete nests in unsightly places if they didn't like them, perhaps in the form of pecking minigame.

Mission structures would have to be thought out, but perhaps should center around exploration and navigation, poop target bombing, & puzzle solving. Beyond finding things and getting places, when you weren't on a mission you could alter the environment by pooping on stuff (which might cause new items to become available or disappear) for instance if you pooped on a hot dog stand too much, while it would be great fun to see people freaking out because of poop on their hot dogs, and give you some high scores in a poop bombing run mission, might also cause the hot dog vendor to move out of the area to a different level or disappear all together, this would keep you from getting the colorful umbrella item: like this: http://alloveralbany.com/images/nippers_hot_dog_stand.jpg

Pooping on a barking dog to make him leave could allow a cat to appear nearby that could give you missions that would get you yarn bits, or if you poop on a statue to make a cleaner come could allow you to get access to some polish that he left behind that you can use to make your nest sparkle.

Beyond missions, multiplayer elements could come in 2 flavors, passive and active. active modes would be your normal co-op and include cooperative missions that required some navigational puzzle solving and cooperation., whereas passive types would allow players to share elements of each others game worlds without playing with the other person. There is also potential for some competitive elements.

Hide & Seek: A passive game mode that augments a players world by providing a new item to find. In this mode, the host player hides one of their items to be found by a client player that locates the host in the area or online, this would be a simple download that would put the item in your world, and be coupled with a clue set by the host.

Scavenger Hunt: An active team-based competitive game mode in which players are given a list of clues and race to find the items! Scavenger hunts will be pre-loaded into the game, but players can craft their own and share them in a passive way.

Poop: a pretty straightforward poop bombing score attack. Solo, Co-Op, & competitive available. minigame seperate from your mainworld savefile.

Puzzle: Use poop to alter the environment to solve puzzles, minigame seperate from your mainworld savefile.

Falcoty

Smash Apprentice
So.... it looks like I won't be making my awesome road trip out there :(

My main reason for going (and method of payment lol) no longer exists

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Smashfest tomorrow, Forest I'll talk more later about the game ideas.

Karl + Me + Andy = KAY. Bryan and Forest shoudl join to make it FB KAY?

Falcoty

Smash Apprentice
False alarm. I'm coming anyways :p

EDIT: Yawara you need to man up and gather the troops for the NM tourney! More time with my OKC peeps :D <3

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
I figured a personal approach would work best if I hadn't received word, so I'm going to go back to the stores next time I show up, which will be when I go for my advising appointment.

That day will also be when I go apartment looking, Bryan, so I'll let you know.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
So since like no one wants to go this weekend, I think we'll just play smash in Norman. Anyone wanna host?

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
<_<

So I think Alex just de-friended me lol I wonder why.

[edit]

Also this is Karl's last weekend in Oklahoma. Someone in some city OKC, Edmond, wherever should host so we can give him a sendoff smashfest.

[double edit]

Going through his friendslist also, I think I'm the only smash player he de-friended. Is he really mad at me, and everyone's keeping it in the dark from me or something? <_< I've still got his souvenir sitting in my box of stuff to give out.

Solidusspriggan

Smash Journeyman
So who will help me run the Brawl bracket at the august 20th regional Super Bit Wars?
Its too much to run 4 brackets on 1 laptop rly.
Gonna put the thread up next week and print out fliers for A-Kon.

Shade_

Smash Ace
I dunno Yawara, I don't have any idea why you'd be de-friended, I've been out of the loop, but last I checked you guys were on good terms.

bassem6

Smash Lord
Got 5th at a florida tourny! Beat nickriddle and poltergust but lost to esam and shaky :(. I also got some friendlies in with seibrik and we went even (wario vs mk).

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Yo bassem, wanna not be a *** and skip Akon and **** a NM tourney?

Still trying to get people to come with me *cough*

bassem6

Smash Lord
What in god's name were you doing in Florida? Girlfriend?
Family vacation. The tourny was 15 mins from the apartment we were staying at. My girlfriends in france studying abroad till the 25th.

Bassem you are 2pro dude. Can't believe you lost to Shaky again though :p
Now come back to Norman and beat Chuck for us next month.
Yeah, hes actually really good. I used grab release f-smash this time and still lost. Just a random MU that I need to get better at. He got 2nd place overall. I feel like I have a sense of closure from MLG now though because I have been constantly wondering what would have happened if I grab released him and now I know it wouldnt have made any difference :D

And yeah, I feel like Ive shaken all that rust off and should be able to go back to the good old days of when I beat chuck on a consistent basis ;P

Yo bassem, wanna not be a *** and skip Akon and **** a NM tourney?

Still trying to get people to come with me *cough*
dat cough. I need dates for both of these tournies. We will see.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
That tourney's this weekend.

In bigger news, how about this for a big tourney we can all go to:

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=295713

It's out in Mississippi, but I know the TO, and he'll probably get me housing if we go. The list of names is fairly impressive though cause even Armada (wtf) is planning to go as well as Ally for the Brawl kids.

Hazygoose

Smash Lord

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Aight, so I have spent all day looking for tourneys to go to, and since no one wants to go to the awesome NM tourney, the choices are thin cross every region.

The earliest major tourney we can probably get to is like September not counting Genesis, but there are scattered regionals elsewhere from North Carolina to Michigan to Arizona.

3DS FC
5301-0744-1149
im so outa the loop i didnt even realize karl left :( also ive been playin with pablo. more people should join this movement with me.... so melee in acon??? i think so

Scuddlefish

Smash Rookie
Had fun playing with Andy and Alex today :).
Andy...I forgot to give you your $15 dollars....I also forgot to pick up groceries on the way home for my parents...I failed everyone today lol.

Hope to see more of you in the near future...it's just that I'M BUSY RAWR.
Games (sports) have taken a back seat.

Top Bottom