• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oklahoma Thread: Weekly events for all games in OKC and Tulsa

Shoes Magoo

Smash Rookie
Definitely pick up Kos Mos! Also I still need TVs!
I have 2 that are dead which makes my TVs scarce.
I'm going to try to pick up the 2 from Gravity, and that puts me at 5...which isn't enough.
I have a 24inch and a 27inch that I can provide. I don't have a wii, though.

Solidusspriggan

Smash Journeyman
I have a 24inch and a 27inch that I can provide. I don't have a wii, though.

Thats cool lots of people have consoles, so that would be great! A gamecube/melee is fine too if you have that.

are u still gonna be at the union around 1130 - 12? i get off at 11 and want to smash
We will be at the union from 8 to probably around 3AM is when we start to shut things down

Falcoty

Smash Apprentice
Dang Coty it's been a while. How've you been man? I haven't heard the phrase "no johns" since the Po Pimpus era.
A situation that must be rectified!

I've been good, lots of school, how's everybody up (over, whatever) there been?

Shade_

Smash Ace
Everyone has been about the same as you lol. The only ones that Play Melee anymore that you know are basically, Chris, Andy, Yawara, Bryan, (Alex just quit), and...me sometimes heh. School seems to have done it's number on us so it's kinda hard to find time, but I like to take a break from studying and play on the Wednesdays usually.

You said your coming down sometime?

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Andy, Karl, and I played Brawl with your brother yesterday Tom. HOLLA

Also nobody came to play Brawl at all <_<

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
We all wanna still play this weekend. Who all is going to the tourney? I'll probably enter Brawl singles and maybe teams if I can find a partner.

3DS FC
5301-0744-1149
Andy, Karl, and I played Brawl with your brother yesterday Tom. HOLLA

**** YOU YAWARA!!! NOBODY CAME TO PLAY MELEE! i drove up there and played Forest and that was it for like wat? 6 matches??? lol SMH

also i beat andy in Brawl with Zelda i am OFFICIALLY the greatest ever

that is all

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Were talking about You and Sonic.
we had 6 melee kids playing brawl and you guys missed it!
I like the game much less now!
Until I get an apartment I'm not going back to Norman after this tournament Saturday, lol.

And before I get an apartment, I need a job. I've filled in 7 store applications and haven't gotten word from one yet. :c

Triforce Of Chozo

Smash Ace
Dude I got up at quarter to six, left at six thirty and spent the next ten hours driving all over southeast Oklahoma going to doctor's appointments, then I got back at 4:30, had class from 6 to about 8:30, then spent the rest of the evening studying to make up for my entire day wasted. Sorry for not showing lol.
I'll be at the monthly and willing to play, see ya then.

Josh, just follow up with a phone call in a week if you haven't heard anything back from those stores. I've heard you have to be persistent.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Also you have to realize that while getting a job in the summer, you're also competing not only with other college students but also a crap ton of high school kids looking for jobs. Quantity's the best solution as well as using those dumb little local job searching websites.

LiL.Will

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ZOMGitzWill
3DS FC
2208-5740-6357
We all wanna still play this weekend. Who all is going to the tourney? I'll probably enter Brawl singles and maybe teams if I can find a partner.
I'll be there and we can team too I'm hoping i can get a lot of practice than last time.

Also does anyone know how to hack their wii to be able to play brawl without the disc? If so hit hit me up.

:phone:

Typ_Ex

Smash Lord
will i meant ask someone who can clean out the laser to the disc. i can handle the soft mod.

Falcoty

Smash Apprentice
Because it's an awful game.

Everyone has been about the same as you lol. The only ones that Play Melee anymore that you know are basically, Chris, Andy, Yawara, Bryan, (Alex just quit), and...me sometimes heh. School seems to have done it's number on us so it's kinda hard to find time, but I like to take a break from studying and play on the Wednesdays usually.

You said your coming down sometime?
I hear ya, I only really go to the monthlies we have in Tucson.

I'm thinking I'll be down in the first full week of June, it'll probably be during the weekdays.
So far the only plans I have are:
Leave AZ the 2nd-4th (Whenever I want really)
Hang out in Flagstaff for a day maybe.
Hang out with the family for at least 4 days.
Leave OKC on the night of the 9th or early in the morning on the 10th.
New Mexico tourney on the 11th :D
Back in AZ the 12th or 13th

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Well, in that case, you down Karl? I'll try to talk Andy into using part of his vacation time to go to this. After that, Bryan or Chris?

We can take one car, and that'll one epic *** lineup. Chris, Bryan, Yawara, Andy, Karl aka BACKY.

3DS FC
5301-0744-1149
anybody wanna stop by and smash? i know midnight and all. idk how long i can stay at the tourny since i work at 3 so id like to get smash in at my place tonight

Solidusspriggan

Smash Journeyman
Tourney in NM? <_< Anyone else down for that tourney?

[edit]
http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=216895798327905

That's the tourney that Coty's talking about. Does anyone wanna do a carpool and go? With five kids, it should be an easy ride.
Me, Bryan, & Irish will be at A-Kon in Dallas. Ninja Gaiden III playable debut...meh ninja gaiden is kinda meh. Still cool. Brawl NVGA road to Supercone will be there for Brawl kids. I also have a hotel room.

I'll def get your TVs andy.

Zinth

Smash Apprentice
Dude, Coty, we need to hang out and get massive amounts of Taco Bell.

Also, I don't really think I have it in me to get into Brawl again, lol. I'll still play it for fun sometime, though, which I especially want to do after reaching a heightened state of mind, naw'mean.

:phone:

LiL.Will

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ZOMGitzWill
3DS FC
2208-5740-6357

Falcoty

Smash Apprentice
Tourney in NM? <_< Anyone else down for that tourney?

[edit]
http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=216895798327905

That's the tourney that Coty's talking about. Does anyone wanna do a carpool and go? With five kids, it should be an easy ride.
YES! You guys should go! That would be an amazing ending to my amazing trip :D

Dude, Coty, we need to hang out and get massive amounts of Taco Bell.
All I have to say about that is OM NOM NOM NOM NOM

DualCats

Smash Ace
Well, in that case, you down Karl? I'll try to talk Andy into using part of his vacation time to go to this. After that, Bryan or Chris?

We can take one car, and that'll one epic *** lineup. Chris, Bryan, Yawara, Andy, Karl aka BACKY.
We should seriously do this.

DualCats

Smash Ace
I'd be willing to go to that tournament as well. But I only want to drive for one. <____<

Also: there should be melee today.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Can't play today, but so long as we split for gas, I wouldn't mind driving to either for a while.

Just no tickets.

Solidusspriggan

Smash Journeyman
Well, not it's no longer BACKY.

I think it's also a Brawl tourney so we can pick up Brawl kids who aren't going to AKON as well.

Like if it's Me, Karl, Chris, Will, Tom? That will be known as TWCKY.

[edit]

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=303682

June 3rd, Melee tourney in Dallas.
Unfortunately I have to go to a wedding on the 3rd or I'd be down. Marriage is pretty dumb.
Anyway hopefully there is a tournament the weekend after A-Kon.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Well, minus forest then, who wants to play vs texas players next week?

It's Brawl/Melee so we should definitely epic 2 game carpool this too.

Top Bottom