• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oklahoma Thread: Weekly events for all games in OKC and Tulsa

Solidusspriggan

Smash Journeyman
99% of the sticks used are identical for PS3/xbox. Madcats SE/TE. Because of the abundance of sticks at these events, a converter isn't usually required unless you use a damn octo gate like me!

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Well, we played until 7 Am the last day, and I needed to leave at 8 which is when I think Karl and Andy were making music and having butt sex.

But ya, I probably won't come down this weekend cause I wanna like not eat fast food for an entire day lol I'll come down some other time though or might come up since like the crew really is split half and half between Normanites and everyone else.

Also, does Brett have like a cell or anything for us to call him with again?

Solidusspriggan

Smash Journeyman
Dude Yawara, Bryan and Alex are coming down to Norman this weekend. I can cook dinner for you guys, like stir fry if everyone pitches in a couple of dollars for some vegetables, meat, and rice. I can make a pretty good stir fry. Then there is just Pablo/Kos/Po, they can make it, right?...I don't expect Outlaw, Paymon, Wes, or Rasta to show up anyway....but hey if they were down to play I'd head up to OKC one of these days as well.

BRYAN CAN PLAY I WANNA TEAMS VS NOT SCRUBS WITH HIM! Cuz James sucks a D

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Hey have you guys seen it. There are three different taunts in brawl, and you can make up your own message for each and every one of them.

I think i'll make my taunts something like this if i use ike.
first
I'm two good
. . .

with zero suit
first
can't tuch this
lulzzylulz

Solidusspriggan

Smash Journeyman
I have to read a book before the rapture...the book is awesome How We Became Post Human by Katherine Hayles, but isn't what I really want to spend my time doing because I assume I'll be doing alot of reading in heaven if Bayonetta is any indication, they seem to have a large library and not much else. Of course from what I understand most of us will get to stay here on earth and it will transform into hell over the next few months as all the **** in revelations happens. So we actually have alot of time.

If heaven is more like Spawn though...itll be even more boring than a library full of angelic tomes (thats where I get to be a circuit in god's master computer). But of course the most boring rendition of heaven is the actual christian beliefs of heaven, contentment and closeness to god sounds like some boring *** **** and a general waste of consciousness. If a religious system is going to have a soul that lives forever why the hell would they condemn it to doing nothing eternally no matter where it goes?

I really should have taken advantage of people by getting money from them for some service that I will do for them after the rapture because I'm so poor....so poor.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
I'm job searching and apartment searching in Norman next week. Anyone wanna join and help me in the hunt?

Solidusspriggan

Smash Journeyman
I might have a job by then, but I've seen many apartments and houses for rent around here I might go out with you and show you around. essentially it would just be a 2 hours drive down residential streets collecting phone numbers.

AND WHO IS COMING TO MY HOUSE TO SMASH TOMORROW NIGHT OTHER THAN BRYAN HOKE THE SCIENCE BLOKE?
(and alex cerda the science Gurdurr)

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Well, since I'm a history major now, so job of choice would be in museums or libraries.But I heard that Hastings is hiring, so I can go there if need be.

Getting the job is more important at the moment. The apartment can come later.

3DS FC
5301-0744-1149
id come but since brandy is in ks and i have my daughter i cant really go anywhere.... plus i get off at midnight just incase people wanna come over ;) btw i was in okc smashin with Outlaw wed. night.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Yo Karl, if you really are making me my theme song, I'm gonna need lots of horns and strings as well as a sample of a tractor.

Solidusspriggan

Smash Journeyman
oh the rapture is happening. You see as we speak everyone that took the proper actions to get into heaven has been spirited away there. (which is no one) and Satan is here he is just under the sea.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
That's great, Forrest. Hope you get the job, I've always considered a job with a game company.

Monday, I'll be heading up to Norman and will spend the entire day going to job locales and filling out applications, and I'd like to see if I could stay with someone for the night so I can go back and do it again Tuesday. Anyone want to provide me hospitality? And I'll be coming back on Thursday to start looking at apartments.

Solidusspriggan

Smash Journeyman
We wanna play wednesday, 8-? and everyone better get their ***** to monthlies this saturday. I called King GT, Paymon, and Babac they are gonna try and make it, but Paymon might need a ride, if anyone could be so kind. Someone should also contact Wes and Outlaw.
Also I hope to see Pablo, Kos, and Po of course the Family Dollar doesn't have them by the family jewels.

I know melee can outdo their pitiful showing from last month, and Denti is coming for Brawl are you guys ready to beat him?
One of the "worlds best olimar players", up in your state, what you gonna do?

Solidusspriggan

Smash Journeyman
Start spreading the word, I'll get a thread up before akon hopefull.
August 20th. Melee, Brawl, Marvel, (AH3, BBCS2 mini tournies after melee bracket is over)
We need setups, if you provide a full, lag free setup your venue fee will be waived.
If you provide a (lagfree) TV/Monitor it will cut by 2/3 (nothing under 14 inch).
If you bring a console you will get 1/3 off venue.
Probably running 15$ venue on this and providing food...I really liked that AR provided food/drinks.

Need: BBCS2 setups with ALL DLC (PS3)
Marvel setups with Jill+Shuma: 360
Lowlag LCDs
Melee/Brawl setups with CRTs:

Tracker: CRT/GC/Wii/BB/MvC/LCD
Solidus: 6/2/1/1/1/0

After all that is over league of legends 5v5 with riot point prize. Keep an eye out and form some solid teams.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Oh my god, my left ear is so whacked up due to wax. I can't hear anything out of it.

Going to make driving to Norman tomorrow a huge pain in the ***.

Typ_Ex

Smash Lord
i hear warm iodide gets wax out. also as for denti, bring in CHUUUUUUUUUUUCK NAAAAAAAAAASTTTTTTTTY!

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
I bought a vial of solution to help get it out, but it apparently takes 4 days for it to work completely.

If it's still in there, I want my 6 bucks back

Also, Tom, are you still willing to let me stay with you tomorrow?

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
I bought a vial of solution to help get it out, but it apparently takes 4 days for it to work completely.

If it's still in there, I want my 6 bucks back
that **** works wonders btw. i have had to use it once every 12-18 months or so since i was 13 so i have a decently informed opinion i guess.

also i quit melee, but good luck at the monthly everyone

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
**** you God over Alex quitting.
Oh ****ing thank you God for the Platinum Controllers.

[edit]

Also Karl, go to Andy's on Wednesday early so we can practice and cause I've gotta run some ideas by you.

Top Bottom