• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oklahoma Thread: Weekly events for all games in OKC and Tulsa

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
It's no rush, really Curtis.

I'm heading back to Norman Thursday to drop my dad off at the airport. I can Smash with whoever then.

Gravity

Smash Ace
Can't stop the tractor. Can't stop the ****ing tractor. Get sum animal sexy suits, you ****s. Herp a derp derp derp can't ****ing stop the ****ing tractor.

Zinth

Smash Apprentice
Man, sounds like I missed out on a good time.

In other news, I'll be in Norman tomorrow to visit my girlfriend, but I can also probably make it to the Union.

DualCats

Smash Ace
First thing happened this morning was I played Yawara's falcon and he four stocked me only using consecutive knees and and reverse nair combos.

DualCats

Smash Ace
Andy ****ing ***** me guys FUUUUUUUUUU I'm losing every stock today so quickly. He triple SWD to bomb to dair to double bair to wall jump neutral b'd

DualCats

Smash Ace
OKAY new Oklahoma PR list

1) Kos-Mos
2) Alex Neal Ferda
3) Yawara Ng)
4) Karl Kill Bill Williams
5) Bryan Poke
6) Andy Davis
7) The rest of Yawara's characters

DualCats

Smash Ace
I've decided that
7) Brett Scud Scudly
8) Forest The Hentai Magikarp Sharp
9) Po Pimpus
10) Josh ice cold currier

Triforce Of Chozo

Smash Ace
You label them inactive and move on with your life. :p
I'm an antagonist. Also, Joshua, actually can play tomorrow for a little bit, depending on when you're available and if we can get Tom to play too.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Turns out my dad is leaving for the airport at 7:45 a.m. That constitutes as "sleep time" on my schedule, so I may not turn up. I may just spend the entire day watching the Japanese Yu-gi-oh.

Shade_

Smash Ace
Scud is one of the few Legit players left in OK. His Falco is at least twice the shiz my fox is, and he probably loves to play the game competitively more than anyone in OK too.

The way I see it "If I can beat you, then Scud can definitely beat you." (I know this goes against every bit of legitimacy that power rankings are based on, but it's how I feel). Also, Forest, I've never seen you two play, but I'll tell you that if you want to beat Scud, you need to nail those chain grabs like Chris does. He'll tear you apart otherwise, with nothing but lasers and a wall of up-tilts too. He's known for playing with his victims using those lol.

Solidusspriggan

Smash Journeyman
I didn't say I could beat him. Falco is still my worst matchup idk why.
Is he in OK still? I want to play him but he's never around.

And why the hell wasn't anyone in the union? We played from 8 to 4.
Bryan Hoke the Science Bloke showed up and we didn't have anyone to destroy in teams but James Bryan the Science Lion and Steve Garret the Science Ferret. Also the Cluck Twins started playing again. Marth+Shiek.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Going to pick up LA Noire now.

Between LA Noire, DQVII, and B/W, I think I"ll be busy for a while.

Solidusspriggan

Smash Journeyman
I know the hype surrounding LA Noir is high and mighty, and I can't say I haven't been excited about it, but Rockstar hasn't ever made anything good sooooo....let me know how it goes.

EDIT: Wtf people want to ban Kratos in MK becuase its "unfair" to xbox players that don't have experience in the matchup? That's obscenely lazy and whiny.

Solidusspriggan

Smash Journeyman
Well I mean imagine you didn't have internet access, you couldn't use DLC like Shuma, Jill, or that Hot...Milky loli Trinity the Platinum.

For some people, DLC are even less attainable than console exlusive characters, you could go buy a new console, but you can't buy internet where it isn't available. Should we ban DLC? No. I disagree with the rule. Anyway a bunch of xbox fanboys QQd about it enough that the big tournies band him even though he is supposed to be low tier ****.

Typ_Ex

Smash Lord
i would go out as far to say that if you could get a current gen system, internet should be no problem.

Solidusspriggan

Smash Journeyman
My mother has satellite internet, you cant get DLC there...but she can drive to the store and buy a PS3. The potential availability for console exclusive characters is higher than that of DLC characters.

Any I'm just being a **** about it. It seems like a whiny illegitimate complaint. I remember playing SC2 tournaments with Link and Heihachi

[Collapse=Other uses for the Song of Time]
[/collapse]

Typ_Ex

Smash Lord
how are you going to play sc2 if you have one heihachi and a link main against each other?

anywho, to me this seems like more of an issue of what the standard of current gen systmes are used in tournament. unless theres a converter for xbox stick to ps3 nowadays.

Solidusspriggan

Smash Journeyman
Nah I meant if it was Gamecube tourney or a PS2 tourney, and it was mostly gamecube since you could run Melee and SC2 both on GC.
There isn't a standard anymore, it used to be PS3, but now its mixed because of the marvel slowdown debacle.
Also...no one pays xbox pad...like at all.

Zinth

Smash Apprentice
Going to pick up LA Noire now.

Between LA Noire, DQVII, and B/W, I think I"ll be busy for a while.
Dude I freaking love B/W. I think I might actually start playing Shoddy Battle or whatever because of it. I need just 13 more Pokemon in the Unova Pokedex, which doesn't include
Landorus
or
Kyurem
for some reason. I guess it does once you catch/see them, but apparently Juniper is interested only in the first 150.

Honestly, I think that Scud will be formidable no matter how much he does or doesn't play. And yeah, wtf more people should have shown up last night, but I had fun regardless.

Also, the power rankings are really like:

1) Zinth
2) Zinth Yawara Sharp
3) Marajuana Weed Pot Green The good stuff. This should probably be 1 actually.
4) ...What was I talking about?

Anyway, if we do something this weekend I could probably drive down to Norman, and bring Alex with me if he wants/is able to.

Top Bottom