• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oklahoma Thread: Weekly events for all games in OKC and Tulsa

Vegafuse

Smash Apprentice
I took september 22nd off for pinkie pie's tournament... so who's all going again?

Did you go by another alias prisoner?

DualCats

Smash Ace
I don't think I'll have the money to go to that. I already owe Bryan like 600 dollars. (;¬_¬) lol

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
I would've if I saw this earlier :(

I want a phone soon lol

Also Chris, hit up some online with me later

Typ_Ex

Smash Lord
Chuck Nasty and I are going to KC on the 29th for the tournament at the top left of this page. Anybody that wants to come can.

DISCLAIMER: This probably will involve a brazilian steakhouse, but it probably won't be as good as rafains.

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
Yoooooooo where is this steak house. If it's while you're in the Lawrence area, I might want to come :D

Typ_Ex

Smash Lord
last time we went it was the day before apex. It's about half an hour away from your apt haha

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
Depending on when you go, probably count me in

Sorta depends on tourney scheduling and OOS travel arrangements for bus stops and stuff

Cactuarz

Smash Ace
lol, tuesday night then, so you don't have to wake up early for wednesday school duh! also, does anyone have a chess board/pieces they can loan us for a while? I want to play, and bryan wants me to teach him ^^

Cactuarz

Smash Ace
yeah, i'm gonna buy one if no one will lend one out, and though i've made pieces before, i figure it'll be less confusing for a newbie to use premade, easier to tell pieces

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Not a lot except that all captured pieces belong to your army and are free for you to put on the board anywhere so a lot of Japanese modern theory on it focuses more on defensive plays and baits rather than reckless abandonment

Also, there are a group of pieces that can really only serve a defensive purpose and generally guard the King. Also, a lot of pieces can't move backwards

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
i can lend you guys a simple board and plastic chess pieces. i have a really nice stone board with white marble and black onyx pieces but i don't want to **** up safely lugging that from edmond to norman. but you guys can def take my plastic pieces for as long as you need.

speaking of games, who wants to learn how to play "killer bunnies and the quest for the magic carrot"?

hazy is mad busy this week, but leave a message on his phone/steam/fb/swf-inbox and he'll be sure to plan hangouts next week and beyond. looks like the dallas tournament isn't going to happen which is a bummer, but that's how it goes sometime. i'm still trying to get into contact with jams, brandon. like tom said, though, they're not the only club that we have connections with. someone who is actually in norman please halp po get into fast contact with jams or jsa or something so we can work on booking this shizzzz

po pimpus

Smash Ace
Thanks Alex. I just figured everyone forgot about it. I guess I'll just make a P4A tournament, and if Smashers want in, we can split the venue ;)

I might be down to come to Norman Wednesday. I'll have to look at my schedule.

Typ_Ex

Smash Lord
i wanna play p4a! i picked up this ***** and almost beat billy on a few occasions the other week.

Vegafuse

Smash Apprentice
So who's all confirmed/planning to go to dallas on the 22nd? From what I gathered it's just Po, Bryan, and myself... anybody else?

I'm still trying to convince Chris, and I read Outlaw wanted to go, and unfortunately Hazeman is dropping out...

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
i wasn't dropping out, outlaw and i have been wanting* to go for weeks. no one when we did the norman thing said they were on board and i've asked on the boards like 4 times who was interested, and you were the only other person to post about it, pablo. so i figured if no one with a working car wanted to go we were boned. now bryan is saying he's interested, i didn't know at all that brandon was interested as well.

it's hosted at a tabletop store so if i get to go all my freetime will be spent looking at magic cards and d&d figures cause i'm a huge nerd.

edit: grammar*

Top Bottom