• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oklahoma Thread: Weekly events for all games in OKC and Tulsa

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
Noooo Po don't quit. Your progress with Luigi has been amazing and setting good goals is very noble and all but believing that not reaching them makes your work worthless is the wrong attitude. People play Smash because they love it and the competitive nature makes us love it more. It is just that we are happy playing with our friends and getting better. If taking it seriously ruins our love for the game then maybe we wont invest so much time in it. But I see what you are getting at.
Daniel has a good point here, Po. If everyone who has never placed top five in a respectable tournament quit, then the Smash scene would dwindle down to, I don't know, 5-10% of what it currently is? You've got to look back at why you started playing the game in the first place; it probably isn't consistent with your proposed ultimatum. You remember how sore about losing I used to be, but if I had really cared about only winning, I would have quit years ago.

because He is omnipotent, omniscient, and omnipresent and human ideas of time do not apply to Him. cease this darksided foolishness.
****, you're right. Those theists are crafty.

bassem6

Smash Lord
Lol, I'm not pro, just aggro. Bassem also quits and comes back every other week, he deserves no love!
Lol, LIESSSS. Taking breaks will ensure that my playstyle doesnt become too predictable. And ya, I asked you to team with me too, but you asked me first =P.

po pimpus

Smash Ace
Yeah, I think I've been pushing myself and everyone else a little too hard. Just a little. I love goofing off and doing silly stuff just like everyone else *Hello? Misfire? Shoryuken ring a bell?*

I just find it a bit insulting and disappointing that every time we have out-of-state visitors, it's always Chris/Hanson/Chuck left to rep whats left of OK because everyone else got owned.

I'm intent on not letting that happen this time... and I'm going to be having fun while ****** all the out-of-staters with flaming fists of justice!

I am dead serious about placing high in tournament this year, though. Count on it.

GMo

Smash Apprentice
Controller check:

Silver, plain. Says GMO on the top where the cord plugs in. Probably blurry now after rubbing off, may not be legible.

I think red ink, may be black.

Thanks.

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
an atheist is just an agnostic who's thought about it.

and pc didn't own a gamecube but so what? a lot of good smashers with friends wouldn't need to if people were coming over every other day to play you. he couldn't practice tech skill in his room all day but he still got as much legit practice as anyone else. that fact is always twisted weird, yo.

FK1

Smash Journeyman
That's what I'm talking about, Oklahoma! If I ruffled some feathers, or if some of you are really pissed at me, well,

COME GET SOME.

I'm not even kidding right now. I want you to take all of that anger and focus that **** directly at me. If the motivation to three stock me forces you to think outside the box and do some crazy awesome stuff, then MISSON ****ING ACCOMPLISHED.

I think everyone gets where I'm going with this-- We've got to step it up and start innovating. **** all that noise about M2K, Boss, Ally, whothe****ever, I'm the god****ed Best Player in Smash, and I intend to prove it every step of the way. You guys should feel the same.

Also, me calling out the Norman kids was my way of calling out ALL OF OKLAHOMA. I just dropped their names because I know them the best. I wouldn't feel comfortable calling out an entire city of people I only play against once a month. I know how good you guys are and I respect you all a lot, which is why I didn't go there, but yeah, Tulsa, Stillwater, Yukon, and wherever else there are players ALL NEED TO RETHINK their playstyles.

We all want to 'get better'... I'm talking about actually doing it instead of sitting around twiddling my thumbs during Grand Finals watching KOS-MOS/THieN/Chuck/Yo Momma vs. Out-Of-State-Guy-Who-*****-Everyone-Else for the eight millionth time.

I've always felt like I live in state full of competitive monsters... It's just after the last few tournaments I've played in, I haven't felt that fearsome vibe from the majority of you like I used to, so I decided to get you all motivated to innovate, create, and just straight-up unleash the animals within yourselves.

WHERE DA BEAST MODE AT, OKLAHOMA? SHOW ME.
Who's Yo Momma?

...I agree. I watched the videos from last OhSnap's crew battles against TX. You guys (whoever participated) sucked it up. Especially that nooby Falco that got gimped by TL...Twi ce. <3 =P

I'm with Po on changing that ****.

"Sorry about the Tournament dates FK are you going somewhere? Besides, I moved it for Gmo who is housing people, maybe if you lived closer and could house I would move the date for you =D."

Yeah...I'll be getting the dorms ready for the freshmen up at TU, that's why. I'll send my setup with the Tulsa guys to help out at the very least. =)

EDIT: Oh wait, nevermind about Yo Momma...I get it.

Shade_

Smash Ace
I think getting better just happens as you play. Playing and getting better aren't two separate things in my opinion. The thing is everyone is getting better with you, sometimes faster, so it's hard to notice. Learning advanced techniques only requires time to get them into muscle memory. It's only when you want to learn the advanced techniques and tricks "quickly" when you have to put in effort.

PowaStar

Smash Apprentice
Ok after reading Po's (Can I just call you by your real name?) post

Made me get up and wanna start getting better now. I remember I almost decided to quit the smash community because I got tired of people (online) giving me crap for using MetaKnight...

But anyways I wanna actually play you guys smashfest or not. Umm the only obstacle is you have to meet my parents they keep it ol school like that. XD.

King_Gt and Omega_Star since you guys live in Edmond I would really like to play you guys the most.

Umm I think everyone should go on Allisbrawl.com I ran into some more OK players and all but they aren't fully hyped yet I also met one on Gamebattles.com who lives in Norman and he is planning on going to the HxC Summer Season Tourney on 6/27 hopefully I'll see you guys there especially Hyper and Gmo since I'm supposed to have a money against you guys.

Oh yeah if you wanna get a hold of me my number is: (405) 899-4525 I got a new celk I'm finally free from prepaid!!!!

Oh yeah Dillon I forgot we're supposed to meet up and see who has the better MK I can't wait.

Whew looooooooooong post.

And Phantom X I know you live in Texas and all but I still wanna have a money match against you if your down.

EDIT: I forgot to put my name It's Will (I don't want someone calling me saying "Is this PowaStar?")

Scud

Smash Apprentice
Yo will, how about your desire to improve your melee game :)?

I definitely don't believe significantly improving your skill follows from just playing. Alex posted earlier about people who had played forever yet still sucked. Then, he quoted PC about using at least half of your brain while playing. Improving your game any substantial amount requires thought.
In most sports there are practice routines that one does repeatedly, not just playing the sport over and over. In my mind, there are very good "practice" routines two players could do with each other in smash, but just haven't been thought up of, implemented, or it's just too boring.
I don't feel that serious about smash, yet I could see something like that being fun, though I'm weird in that aspect, or am I?
One simple example would be to start in certain positions, like someone standing under a platform and someone on top of the same platform, then fight until someone dies. After each life you could switch positions or whatever. It's not like that is a good idea, just a random example. I think Alex would drop through and bair ..... << >> << >>.

Gravity

Smash Ace
Ok after reading Po's (Can I just call you by your real name?) post

Made me get up and wanna start getting better now. I remember I almost decided to quit the smash community because I got tired of people (online) giving me crap for using MetaKnight...

But anyways I wanna actually play you guys smashfest or not. Umm the only obstacle is you have to meet my parents they keep it ol school like that. XD.

King_Gt and Omega_Star since you guys live in Edmond I would really like to play you guys the most.

Umm I think everyone should go on Allisbrawl.com I ran into some more OK players and all but they aren't fully hyped yet I also met one on Gamebattles.com who lives in Norman and he is planning on going to the HxC Summer Season Tourney on 6/27 hopefully I'll see you guys there especially Hyper and Gmo since I'm supposed to have a money against you guys.

Oh yeah if you wanna get a hold of me my number is: (405) 899-4525 I got a new celk I'm finally free from prepaid!!!!

Oh yeah Dillon I forgot we're supposed to meet up and see who has the better MK I can't wait.

Whew looooooooooong post.

And Phantom X I know you live in Texas and all but I still wanna have a money match against you if your down.

EDIT: I forgot to put my name It's Will (I don't want someone calling me saying "Is this PowaStar?")
i live in edmond too.

i might actually get a car this weekend, but i work all the time anyway.

i might be able to spend a few playing on weekdays though depending on if i get a car or not.

the car im looking at is badass though so well see

GMo

Smash Apprentice
Dag, got to go back to StL this weekend it sounds like. We'll see about a smashfest...

EDIT: Whats the date on the Norman monthly?

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Late June.

Also, I'm going up to Dallas some time. People should visit me while I'm in Dallas lol

Lee wants to come with me.

King_Gt

Smash Journeyman
So I believe there's a tourney in tulsa saturday <.<
Figure I oughta throw that tidbit of info into the open...
will, i understand the whole parent thing XD mine used to be like that too

Young Deezy

Smash Apprentice
Some Matchups I would like to do @ the next smashfest

Marth dittos... specifically yawalro if he gets back any time soon lol.

MK, pisses me off to play against, kinda the reason why I don't have alot of matchup XP..lol

Dedede....yeah

LOTS of Snake practice, preferably against the less aggro kind of Snake., more grenade friendly.

And I am also going to try and space better >___>
The way I fair with marth is more speed based rather than spacing so if I hit with it I can db or something... and watching replays I seem to hit with the hilt of the sword alot so Im going to try and fix that.

King_Gt

Smash Journeyman
I'll take you on for the marth dittos and as snake
I'm more... kamikaze, than I am aggro with snake XD

PowaStar

Smash Apprentice
PowaStar, what terms do you want on the MM?
$5 or $10
3/5 Neutrals only
Loser can only change character

Winner gets a root beer float from Sonic also XD.

@Brett
Yeah my Melee game SERIOUSLY needs improvent I noticed that I try to be WAY to flashy with my Fox. I'm glad I learned how to SHDL with him on a consistent basis : ).

@Dillon
I can kinda help you on the Snake matchup I only know the arts of Super Campy Snake.

@Gravity
Sweet another person living in Edmond I'm gonna be busy next week but I'll try to find a day we can meet up and play,

po pimpus

Smash Ace
Yay! People aren't mad at me :) Sorry if I came across a bit harsh, its just frustrating me that I haven't been placing as high as I think I should. Yeah, there are a lot of people 'better' than me, but ****, there are a lot of people I'm at least 'even' with, yet my placings have been on the lower end of the spectrum when compared to everyone else.

2+2=5? No, I don't think so.

I KNOW I'm better than my ranking. Hell, YOU GUYS know I'm better than that. So why is Po not winning? The frustration of trying to answer that question coupled with me spending the last weekend watching people do some crazy-original playing was starting to get under my skin.

I've concluded that all I can do is keep playing until I find my answer-- My Victory.

That being said, anyone up for some games today or tomorrow? I've got nothing better to do with the next twenty-four, so if anyone's free, I'm good for a few games.

P.S. Will, you can call me Brandon, Po, or His Royal Freshness for all I care :laugh: I try to use everyone's real names as well, but Po is shorter than Brandon and it's such a badass name that I don't mind when people call me Po.

And I want to see that Will/Dillon Grudge Match-- should prove to be fun.

Okay, no more long posts from me for awhile, I promise!

PowaStar

Smash Apprentice
Deezy, I can give you Marth and Meta Knight practice.

Will, I'm cool with meeting your parents. We should Smash sometime.
Sweet I posted my phone on the last page so just gimme your phone number too so I can store it I'm free this week.

@Brandon

I can play today AND tommorrow so just hit me up and we'll negotiate it out from there.

FattyFatFatso

Smash Apprentice
This whole PowaStar and Young Deezy thing will never get off the ground.... Hahaha Gnes I will visit you and Phantom both sometime if I can during summer. No guarentees though because I am studying =(. Oklahoma will make a road trip out to see you guys some day..

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Yeah right now I think Daniel and Tom should just do study stuff more.

Someone really needs to help with with monthlies. It's not hard, it's just a couple of things.

po pimpus

Smash Ace
Yo, Yawara's right. I'm willing to help as much as I can with running things, but since I work all the time, logistics are going to be tough... Maybe someone who has lots of time on their hands would be willing to help coordinate things?

I've got a couple of people in mind, but I won't call out names since I've shot my mouth off enough for one week... It really wouldn't be that difficult, and as I said, I will contribute any way I can...

Hey, Will, I may give you a holla sometime tomorrow probably... If anyone else in Edmond is down, maybe we can make a time of it.

PowaStar

Smash Apprentice
Yo, Yawara's right. I'm willing to help as much as I can with running things, but since I work all the time, logistics are going to be tough... Maybe someone who has lots of time on their hands would be willing to help coordinate things?

I've got a couple of people in mind, but I won't call out names since I've shot my mouth off enough for one week... It really wouldn't be that difficult, and as I said, I will contribute any way I can...

Hey, Will, I may give you a holla sometime tomorrow probably... If anyone else in Edmond is down, maybe we can make a time of it.
Alright cool man hope I get to play that Pimpin Weegee of yours.

GMo

Smash Apprentice
Good news. Will be in town THIS weekend. High probability of a smashfest on Friday or Saturday (however, not guaranteed).

I'll try to make it on the day the most people can come, so if you cant make it to one of them lemme know.

Also, I'm down to play tomorrow afternoon until around 6 or so. If anyone is down, call me.

FattyFatFatso

Smash Apprentice
will, your phone is disconnected.
This is what I mean by the Deezy and Powastar match never happening. By the way, could anyone design a Norman monthly flier for me? (Kuni) I need it this week so I can send the message out. If not, I guess I will do it myself. And Kuni please make a nice flier for OH SNAP, need it to be pretty so the scrubs get attracted. Thanks much! (Also need to find more wiis with Brawl for the monthlies....)

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Po, call people out.

I already asked individually, now just call them out.

It's not like some of you cats have summer jobs <_<

Top Bottom