• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Okay Chaco *sob* you can close and lock it now...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
Who me? Err... sure, I'd be happy to. I'm not really doing anything right now if you want to get a couple of matches in. I'll be heading to bed eventually, but I have time for a few.

cba

Smash Master
I disagree. Play who you win with, and only who you win with. When you reach a level of competition in which your character seems ineffective, you can and should pick up someone else. However, choosing a character based solely on the fact that they're high tiered isn't going to do you a bit of good this early on.
QFTT. good to see you back and more active than EVER.
Wow, I'm against Zeon?

This should be fun
YEA, i wanted to be in your place....

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
**** it. I'm blind on my right side, and I can't play worth a **** right now. Sorry.

Cloudfox

Smash Ace
"blind on my right side"? o_o' But no problem, thanks for obliging all the same. ^_^

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
I have a patch over my right eye because my contact lens cut into it. No johns, though. You're extremely good. Give me a day or two and maybe we can play again.

Cloudfox

Smash Ace
Oh, wow. o_o'' I could never get contact lenses, those things seem to be a problem even for normal people's eyes, and mine are especially sensitive to having stuff in 'em. I could reeeally use some glasses , though. >_> But thanks, and sure thing.

Cloudfox

Smash Ace
Not anymore it doesn't. :( I went over my bandwith on PB, so now all I have left is Ken and Crystal and her rice. Both my gifs were shot dead. I won't be able to share stocks with them until the end of the month.
This is a tragedy of the highest order.

And yarr, friendlies were fun, especially Falcon dittos. XD I think you've got a pretty good Lucas, btw. o.o Might want to focus on him some more, if you enjoy his style at all.

Edit: Sorry about the double post. >_>'

cheap_josh

Smash Ace
Sonic is cool and all, but I'd suggest finding a higher tiered character if you want to do well in tournaments, it's just the honest truth. I'd play C.falcon all the time, but he sucks, so I play T.link, lucario, marth, GaW and ROB.
Agreed. I needed to find a secondary to use which was I didn't use Lucas (my main).
But I'm going with Ness. I probably should pick a higher tier, since I'm against a Snake/Metaknight first round... but atleast you can say you told me so.

Shogun_Fox

Smash Ace
Agreed. I needed to find a secondary to use which was I didn't use Lucas (my main).
But I'm going with Ness. I probably should pick a higher tier, since I'm against a Snake/Metaknight first round... but atleast you can say you told me so.
If you ever need help with learning Ness, i'm your guy :chuckle: . I dont know all of the AT's but i know enough.

ZeonStar

Smash Ace
I dont really have time for these tournament except for the last one. The way these tournaments are handled is just too time consuming. The matches shouldnt be done throughout the whole weekend. It should be done in one session in a chat room or something. Anyone ever heard of the Allisbrawl tournament chatrooms? Really useful.

cba

Smash Master
umm, guys i need a tip. there are these freaking camping wolfs and olimar.....i need help with wolf. he just spams lasers and up + down smash. any char that ***** him would be very appreciated.

Sir Bedevere

Smash Lord
umm, guys i need a tip. there are these freaking camping wolfs and olimar.....i need help with wolf. he just spams lasers and up + down smash. any char that ***** him would be very appreciated.
Dededeeeeeeee.

Simply holding shield is practically a counter to Wolf if you're Dedede. You just need one grab and you can get a butt load of % off Wolf. I only recently found out he has a near infinte grab on Wolf:

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=205582

And he has an actual infinite grab on him on the edge.

To avoid lazers, approach from the air. Wolf falls too fast for the lazer to come out fast enough to catch you in the air, if he tries to SH them. But get grounded before you get too close, or he'll get you with an usmash or juggle you with uairs and fairs. Then, to make up the remaining distance, PS anymore lazers. You could aslo just walk up to him and PS lazers if you're good at it, lol, but jumping is eaiser, only a bit riskier.

It's mindgame time once you get close. Stay out of his dsmash range and abuse ftilt's good range and speed. His ftilt may outrange your own (I'm not sure, you could probably test this yourself) so keep him on his toes and shield if he tries a ftilt. It has two hits, so be sure to shield both of them. Funny thing is, there's quite a bit of lag in between the hits, so if you PS the first one, and you're in range, you can grab him before the second hit comes out. If he tries to fsmash, shield and proceed with near infinite.

Repeat three times for win.

Good Wolfs aren't going to get suckered into that that easily, but if all he's doing is spamming, Dedede CG should take care of him easy lols.

Here's a matchup thread: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=188329&page=7

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I dont really have time for these tournament except for the last one. The way these tournaments are handled is just too time consuming. The matches shouldnt be done throughout the whole weekend. It should be done in one session in a chat room or something. Anyone ever heard of the Allisbrawl tournament chatrooms? Really useful.
I would use the Friend Finder here but, alas, it's been down for two months now. Also, I've tried doing it that way here before and it was just a mess; only two people actually showed up and the rest pissed and moaned about missing the deadlines (kind of like now but to a much higher degree). Also, if you're referring to Boon's tournaments, he never does more than 16 people and usually only 10 people end up showing up anyways.

@ cba:

Falco and King Dedede destroy Wolf simply because of their chain grabs. Falco even has a dependible 0-40-spike on him which makes the match up one of the most lopsided in Brawl.

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
We could get in a few quick friendly matches if you'd like, Peachy.

Also, Yoshididdy still hasn't responded to my PM.

DtJ Glyphmoney

Summoned from a trading card
BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
Did we ever get around to finding our 4th member, FM?

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I hope to fix my connection by the end of the month. Regardless, my connection back home is pretty good so I should be able to play over Thanksgiving break. In the meantime, I'm collecting stickers. Just three left to go...

Yaya

Smash Champion
Okay, I've contacted Hero Fly Chao about the tourney, if he doesn't show up, DQ Him, not the both of us.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
Count me in. I'm going as Ice Climbers and Kirby.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom