• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OH SNAP 6: Smashing Mad! (MLK Day Weekend!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Typ_Ex

Smash Lord
hey thepsis, you meant melee mm didnt you? if so, i believe we had a misunderstanding....

Jake13

Smash Lord
yeah i meant melee. alright, i'll cross you off my list then.

anyone wanna mm in melee? my falco is pretty beast ;]

Denti

Smash Master
HOLY ****. I just read all the events and their prices, I <3 oh snap. I'll be entering so many things now with a waived venue fee and all. :D

how do you play 64 competitively? someone teach me so i win at least 1 round

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Depends.

Easy character to learn? Falcon. Has pretty obvious combos and setups, doesn't require a lot of tech skill to perform compared to Fox/Pika. Jigglypuff is also a pretty safe choice if you're looking for something easier.

If you feel like you could handle playing a more technical champ, I'd go with Pika/Fox.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Luigi, Mario, Jiggs are probably the easiest characters. Samus is easy too, she just sucks butt.

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
I spam dair with spamus. Simple tech chase. I saw Isai do it, and I think I can emulate it. We'll see.

Solidusspriggan

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys, think housing has come together pretty solidly. LA we'll be in touch with you shortly.

I would also appreciate if players that have time could sign up with our primary equipment sponsor HXC lancenter. I large number of signups will insure a bonus pot for Oh Snap 7 and future events. Sign up for a new account in the top right of the screen here:

http://www.hxclancenter.com

The site measures your success at tournaments across OK and the southwest. If you want your stats tracked for Oh Snap then please join the tournaments you are entering found at this URL.
http://league.hxclancenter.com/tournaments.php

Curlz

Smash Lord

MJG

Smash Hero
I thought you meant Brawl. :[

Looks like you're going to have to cross me off your list as well. Sorry.

Anyone wanna MM? I may or may not accept (depending on who you are. Lol)
I will MM you.

I am also accepting any other MMs (Usually, I won't MM unless I want MU exp. but I am a little bit more willing to MM this time around).

po pimpus

Smash Ace
Denti, who are you coming with? I think you may already be taken care of, but I'm not in any official capacity to speak on the matter... Try PM-ing Solidusspriggan (aka Forrest) for more info on housing...

In the meantime... I should hope you're all getting ready for the godfather of Smash Hype, the King of Flames, that one and only Hero of Hyperbole, the Baddest Man in Oklahoma Himself, to deliver the brash, the crash, and just a tiny bit of sass ;)

That's right, kids... Po Pimpus is ready to teach you all the definition of hype! So get ready, get loose and let's have some fun this weekend.

Step yo games up!

keroku_mew

Smash Rookie
If I go, I'm totally gonna need a new controller before hand, unless I bum one from someone.

Jiveturkey

Smash Cadet
I'm in oklahoma cit at the moment. I'm supposed to leave friday, but i'm thinking about staying for this tournament then heading back sunday. The one stipulation for me right now is the fact that my brother would only be able to come up sunday to play, and i am only going to stay and play if he is able to. would i be able to come saturday and register both of us, and he just comes up sunday with his name in to start playing? As i read it, it looks like singles is going to run just all sunday and saturday is singles practice, please inform me if i'm wrong or if this is possible. I would love to get in another tournament. Haven't been to one since mlg dallas!!

AeroLink_the_SoulMaster

Let's rock, baby!
Samus user <---

Can't wait to break some shields. :p (Dair > Fsmash > charge shot)
Powershield. Get wrecked. =P lol

Denti, who are you coming with? I think you may already be taken care of, but I'm not in any official capacity to speak on the matter... Try PM-ing Solidusspriggan (aka Forrest) for more info on housing...

In the meantime... I should hope you're all getting ready for the godfather of Smash Hype, the King of Flames, that one and only Hero of Hyperbole, the Baddest Man in Oklahoma Himself, to deliver the brash, the crash, and just a tiny bit of sass ;)

That's right, kids... Po Pimpus is ready to teach you all the definition of hype! So get ready, get loose and let's have some fun this weekend.

Step yo games up!
Sure-you-can! I can't wait. =)

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Woah, I already talked with Dphat and I can't house Dallas just him <.<

Don't worry though Denti, you'll get housed. Are you coming down Friday or Saturday? Guessing you're leaving Sunday too?

Solidusspriggan

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys, getting everything wrapped up for the big weekend.
I want to make sure everyone that plans to register is able to get there in time. Its most important to get there on time if you plan on playing in teams as that is the first event to start which begins promptly at noon, you must be registered before then, preferably by 11:30.

If you are for some reason late driving in due to traffic or an unforseen circumstance, immediately call me at
405 464 5348 and we attempt to delay the wizard.

We can always use more televisions. We have enough for the weekend, but the more setups we have the faster this thing goes and the more time for friendlies, crew battles, side events, or just the faster you can go home or go party!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom