• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OH SNAP 6: Smashing Mad! (MLK Day Weekend!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Solidusspriggan

Smash Journeyman
Who's all intereseted in 64 for this. I'm probably only interested enough to go if there is support (people) for this.
There seem to be alot more people interested than I had originally assumed. Given many people will be eliminated in pools or early on, I assume early losers will join up. I will be for sure.

We had a Smash 64 mini tournament on the side at Intimikill 2 (a 32 man Melee event) and we had 10 participants then, so I expect more than that, perhaps up to 16.

Keep in mind if you only wanted to participate in smash 64 you would need to show up sunday morning when registration starts.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I might enter Melee as well. Melee heads, prepare to take my money!

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
Typ_Ex, Domo is going to this tournament. I'll be taking him down there, so could you house my car of five?

Typ_Ex

Smash Lord
i already had you guys down when i said 15. any chance you could get steven to go as well? I have to return a few favors to him as well.

dojo, if there is anything i can do to hlep you get here please dont hesitate to ask.

Broly

Smash Lord
He might be referring to our carpool, although its the melee scene, not brawl. i dont know if your comfortable riding with us razer, but if theres room available, you are welcome to join.

Typ_Ex

Smash Lord
id say its pretty silly if someone can't go in a carpool cause they play another game. but what do i know?

Broly

Smash Lord
its not the game, its the people. im not sure if razer knows anyone personally that plays melee in our carpool. besides, i didnt say he cant, im just asking if its ok with him.

Solidusspriggan

Smash Journeyman
It doesn't matter if you know the peeps in your carpool. You are connected through your love for smash, whether its Brawl or Melee, bring everyone you can cram in that mofo!

Those of you going should let your respective crews and all those people that have been in the woodwork over the last year know that Oh Snap 6 is going to be hella big and they should get their ***** here to keep Smash alive and invigorated!

I want 100 people at this thing, I want exciting livestreams, I want countless Matches on Youtube (so bring Dazzles) I want 25 loli cheerleaders squealing on the sidelines as well!
Psyched!

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
I have an SD card with infinite replays, but the code doesn't work if there are 4 human players on screen and the doubles game goes over 5 minutes. Does anyone else seem to experience that phenomenon when s/he is recording doubles vids?

Needless to say, I'll bring my SD card to save replays.

Matt86

Smash Rookie
It doesn't matter if you know the peeps in your carpool. You are connected through your love for smash, whether its Brawl or Melee, bring everyone you can cram in that mofo!

Those of you going should let your respective crews and all those people that have been in the woodwork over the last year know that Oh Snap 6 is going to be hella big and they should get their ***** here to keep Smash alive and invigorated!

I want 100 people at this thing, I want exciting livestreams, I want countless Matches on Youtube (so bring Dazzles) I want 25 loli cheerleaders squealing on the sidelines as well!
Psyched!
Hell yeah!
This is looking to be an EPIC gathering! I'm so stoked!!!
OH SNAP!!!

Typ_Ex

Smash Lord
hey forest, how are we doing the pools?

I know it sounds like a weird question, but last year we pretty much let everybody in and pools pretty much served for seeding purposes.

Also, any thoughts on a buy in bracket for those who dont potentially make it out of pools?

Triforce Of Chozo

Smash Ace
So I think I may actually be full housing my bro and a friend from Tulsa, I'll have to confirm this though.
All these new Brawl players from the area who are posting in this thread but not coming over to the social thread... Let's play sometime! Or hang out/play XBox/whatever. Same goes for everyone else lol.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Melee should have a livestream up, last two tourneys Hazy was at had melee livestream + commentary and all that jazz.

Not sure about Brawl though, we can set it up, just someone needs to bring the equipment. HOLLA!!

Also Razer you should try and go to this. There hasn't been an Oh Snap where someone from Houston didn't get 2nd in Brawl (except for the ones without Brawl) always losing to Dojo :O

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Man, I'm wondering who's gonna win singles. It's always been a toss up, but maybe this year, someone from Oklahoma can take the crown <.<

Probably me.

Solidusspriggan

Smash Journeyman
A buy in bracket sounds legit.

If we don't let everyone in bracket that is.
I'd hope everyone was able to make it into the bracket, mostly I just want good seeds. If there were some absurd number of people then perhaps we would do a buy in bracket.
As long as people promise to stay on top of their matches and execute them in rapid succession, then we shouldn't need to exclude anyone from the bracket. I don't care if a friendly is "almost over" you start your match immediately and this should be all good.

Will melee have livestream? id hype that mofo like no other
I believe Hazy will be bringing the equipment for this, so yes!

Melee should have a livestream up, last two tourneys Hazy was at had melee livestream + commentary and all that jazz.

Not sure about Brawl though, we can set it up, just someone needs to bring the equipment. HOLLA!!
Hazy, be sure and bring your equipment. I dunno if Chozo has the Component capture or the pass-thru, but if so then we could do Brawl livestream too. Anyone that has equipment for livestreams and commentary (video capture and mics) please bring it!

id like to try some commentary for melee, but its not its cool.
I'd be happy to give you some time doing that, we have a few other people lined up, and I'm sure there will be plenty of time during the bracket that no one is at the commentary mic, just ask! A variety of commentators always makes things more interesting.

I"M SUPER PSYCHED!

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
Hey-hey-hey. I still don't see Mr. Doom on the list of Kansas people attending. Who is that Dr. Doom guy, anyway? I've never heard of the guy before.

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
[collapse="So you had me as Dr. Doom all this time, huh? In that case..."]
[/collapse]

There you go.

po pimpus

Smash Ace
Alright, the fists are clenched, the teeth are gritted, and the fires are stoked... It is nearly time for He Who Is Born of Flame and Lightning to return to the stage of history. Let all those who hear his name know his power, this God of Might, this King of Heroes, this Almighty Flame of Chaos... The Originator of Oklahoma *** Whoopin' is going to give you all the fight of your lives!

Pray for those poor souls who cross paths with this Flamethrower... Hotter than Charizard's and more powerful than Ho-oh's.

*PO PIMPUS USED SHORYUKEN! IT'S SUPER-EFFECTIVE!*

HYPE!

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Is it true? The legendary...

Dr. Mario Kart is coming?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom