• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OH SNAP 6: Smashing Mad! (MLK Day Weekend!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
3DS FC
5301-0744-1149
yo dude hit me up im in moore as well. posted in the ok thread with my number. really wanna play tonight.

Solidusspriggan

Smash Journeyman
me and dmac are gonna try to get darkrain to go to this, since it's MLK weekend I bet he won't be busy
Holy **** Melee turnout is looking sick as ****! Keep it up guys we could have a pretty intense Melee thing going on here, PSYCHED!

Hope to see Darkrain there, but don't teach Sars any tricks.

Teh Brawler

Smash Rookie
Hey, I'm Teh Brawler. I'm an Oklahoma resident, and I'd like to jump in on this. I have a full set up (The tv may be a tad small depending on your preference, but it doesn't lag), and I can also house one person over the weekend.

(Solidus, I'm the one who called you earlier today)

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
People who can should stay an extra day or at least leave on Monday cause the OKC zoo is free on Mondays, and I wanna go baaaddd.

****ing the OKC zoo is mad tight.

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
I might come to this depending on my work schedule and budget.

Solidusspriggan

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys, due to overwhelming interest we may be able to be more liberal with the venue fees or fee discounts depending on setups/TVs supplied.
I want everyone to be able to afford the trip and enter all the tourneys they want to enter!

Alot of it will depend on people reporting to me what equipment they plan on bringing, so I can get more precise numbers... so please report in this thread or in PM the equipment you plan to bring (TV/GC/Wii/n64)

Just a note.

Also I have a poster thats just about ready that looks pretty good considering I'm a total gimp amateur.

AustinRC

Smash Lord
I'll see if I can get off work for this. If I can get a ride as well as get off work then I'mma be winnin dis!

Solidusspriggan

Smash Journeyman
It looks like over 50 people are going to commit to this, so the venue fee for 2 tourneys will be reduced to 10 dollars!

So $10 Venue Fee
Waived if you bring a full setup
Halved if you bring a partial setup

Let your friends know this is more accessible now. I want everyone to be able to make it that can come
It was a little steep at first due to the cost of the rooms, but with a turnout like this I suspect we will be able to get everything taken care of.

Solidusspriggan

Smash Journeyman
It looks like over 50 people are going to commit to this, so the venue fee for 2 tourneys will be reduced to 10 dollars!

So $10 Venue Fee
Waived if you bring a full setup
Halved if you bring a partial setup

Let your friends know this is more accessible now. I want everyone to be able to make it that can come
It was a little steep at first due to the cost of the rooms, but with a turnout like this I suspect we will be able to get everything taken care of.

Teh Brawler

Smash Rookie
I'll be bringing full setup regardless of the price, though the "waived" deal is a nice perk. Out of curiosity, does "full" include four controllers?

Solidusspriggan

Smash Journeyman
I'll be bringing full setup regardless of the price, though the "waived" deal is a nice perk. Out of curiosity, does "full" include four controllers?
Full simply means a television with a system and the appropriate game (if you have a Wii and Brawl and Melee, bring both for versitility)

You will only be expected to bring enough controllers for yourself. It is a bring your own controller event, as all smash brothers tournaments will be. so get yourself a controller you like (I recommend an official nintendo one of course.)

I like to bring 1 extra controller at least, and put some masking tape or colored tape with my name written on the back in case its lost.

You should also come post in the Oklahoma thread, so you can meet up with us to play in your freetime!
Here it is!
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=109728&page=1805

Solidusspriggan

Smash Journeyman
Flier for hype purposes. Embed it into your webpages, blogs, etc.

This flier can be resized to fit on an 17 x 22 poster, and 8.5 x 11 poster (regular paper size) or a 4.25 x 5.5 handout flier without any significant loss in fidelity. Click to download full resolution file.

Any feedback would be appreciated I'm far from a graphic designer this is just kinda my attempt, inspired by my banner

Broly

Smash Lord
Add RGV to this featuring

Broly-Marth
Cloud-Fox/Falco/Falcon
Vash-Falco
Fro-Fox

PS I hope a table can be setup for me =D

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Ya, we'll get everything prepped up for the Valley :D (Bring Vorugen btw!)

Super stoked, now we're just missing Houston on melee to have full TX representation it seems. Also, we're conspicuously missing Houston and Austin in Brawl >:(

po pimpus

Smash Ace
WTF?! Broly is coming?! Aw man, this shiz just got mad HYPE. Always love to play with the Valley... always so hype.

This is looking like it's gonna be a great tourney. I can't wait to see everyone again!

Jace08

Smash Lord
Nice job on this. You're lucky your school is supportive, when I was hosting a tourney at KU they made me take down my fliers lol. They didn't like the fact that I had a 10 dollar entry fee and kinda tried to stop my tourney from happening ><

everything worked out though :)

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
Nice job on this. You're lucky your school is supportive, when I was hosting a tourney at KU they made me take down my fliers lol. They didn't like the fact that I had a 10 dollar entry fee and kinda tried to stop my tourney from happening ><

everything worked out though :)
What kind of protests etc did they make? I'm thinking of trying to host a big tourney in Lawrence, and was looking into different venue options around town. I don't think I'm going to hold it on campus, but was thinking of advertising on campus.

VM me so we don't spam this thread :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom