• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Yoshi CG List ""FRAME DATA INFO CHANGED A FEW THINGS"" (Updated on 9/29/09)

Airborne

Smash Lord
basically you run off and Fair spike its not perfect but it has a good chance of hitting. There isn't to much to it.
well, i know how to do that, but i can't get to the correct position where MK falls down to that running-off fair sweetspot... the past week i've only been able to cg him to the very edge, not at the tip of the arrow on fd. =\

Gindler

Smash Champion
Getting to the "sweetspot" for the spike isn't really up to you it just winds up happening from time to time. Whenever I actualy get it I'm like alright this is one dead MK. Usually though I'll just slide to the very edge and just spit them out for some egg throws.

Airborne

Smash Lord
Getting to the "sweetspot" for the spike isn't really up to you it just winds up happening from time to time. Whenever I actualy get it I'm like alright this is one dead MK. Usually though I'll just slide to the very edge and just spit them out for some egg throws.
ok so egg toss harassment for very edge. got it. thanks!

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
Well, grab-release to rising n-air also works wonders, too. As long as you time it correctly, it should work 100% of the time. Don't forget the the f-air isn't the only thing you can do to Meta Knight when grab-releasing him.

Incidentally, I can't seem to get the grab-release -> Yoshi Bomb on Meta Knight. Does it require PERFECT buffering? >_<

SOVAman

Smash Hero
well, i know how to do that, but i can't get to the correct position where MK falls down to that running-off fair sweetspot... the past week i've only been able to cg him to the very edge, not at the tip of the arrow on fd. =\
you can grab him after he is off the edge and then your on the edge

hyperstation

Smash Lord
Yoshi outsider here...just checking in.

I've got a couple questions for you Yoshi mains. As a Ganon main, needless to say, playing against a skilled Yoshi is a pain in the butt. I haven't had enough experience vs good Yoshi's to answer these questions for myself, so I thought I'd turn to the pros in hope for a little mercy.

During the CG, do characters (and in specific, Ganon obviously) lose all control of their character until they make contact with the ground? Do they regain control right before they hit the ground? Do they continue to be out of control for a certain number of frames after they hit the ground?

The reason I ask this is two fold. First, and most obviously, it's so that I know a little more about just how I might be able to "influence" the physics of this CG, if at all. As a stubborn competitive Ganon main, I don't counterpick...even against a good Yoshi, so needless to say, I'm looking for a way out of this CG.

This leads me to the second part of my reasoning for asking this. It was recently discovered that Ganon can do a really high jump using ISJR frames (actually, just one frame is viable for input), aptly titled "The Flight of Ganon". I, and a lot of other Ganon mains, are looking for all possible uses for this tech, and the requirements for achieving this tech are simply that you must be regaining control of your character (via aerial maneuver) at a certain height above the ground so that you can buffer a jump and a down+B at the same time, launching Ganon up into the air. My thinking is this: Could ganon theoretically Fly out of the CG? If Ganon regains control after making landfall, this theory goes to sh*t. If it's right during landfall or slightly before, there's a possibility that SJR/Flight via buffering could be a way out.

Thanks in advanced. By the way...I'm not very hopeful about this, but I figured I'd ask anyway.

Sharky

Smash Master
Most characters gain control in midair. The only character I can think of that doesn't is falco (more on him in a minute, however.) I don't know about Ganondorf, but I'm pretty sure it happens midair, as well. This tech sounds pretty interesting, but don't bank on it to save you from the CG, as you're grabbed before you regain that control. It doesn't seem like it'll save you from the release spike, either.

Non related to the ganon question stuff:

I'm 95% sure Falco can escape. I'd be happy to be proven wrong when we get that frame info, but unless my grab game was off in those matches, Kirk was able to spot dodge consistently over the weekend. This didn't stop me from running past him and pivot grabbing him, though. XD

Kirk did some frame testing for Ike, and he says there's one frame of leeway for the big guy's CG before Ike can jump. This may sound depressing but it also opens room for a gimp! He may be able to start jumping one frame later, but he can apparently (not tested, but it's happened) be grabbed after he starts jumping, meaning if you release him offstage during that cg, he's dead. Woot for Yoshi! XD

SOVAman

Smash Hero
Here is a quick answer

GANON HAS NO CHANCE srry but its the truth

Ganon doesn't regain till he hits the ground

hyperstation

Smash Lord
Here is a quick answer

GANON HAS NO CHANCE srry but its the truth

Ganon doesn't regain till he hits the ground
Haha, that'll do. Thanks guys. I'll just continue retreating from you yoshi mains like a little girl until I figure out something better.

Sharky

Smash Master
run while you still can MWAHAHAHAHA!

ha ha...ha....ha...*is warlocked punch'd* ow =P

thanks for coming over to the yoshi boards, though. Nice to see other char's mains over here. =D

EDIT: thanks for not making another topic, too. XD

PRiDE

Smash Lord
sigh.. I still cant chain grab snake lol.. >_> try hard as I might...

SOVAman

Smash Hero
come too chu's and I will show you

also the CG on snake is one of the more useless ones because it doesn't do much damage all it is used for is to get him off the stage for a chance for a spike or gimp

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
I wouldn't undersell it. Every second he spends recovering is another second not spent pulling out grenades and using his tilts. :laugh:

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
Wouldn't a Yoshi Bomb break his shield if he Grenade Drops? That would be funny to see, but I've yet to do it. =P

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
Nah, he stays in his shield, and the grenade blows up on you. I've tried this a few times.

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
Darn it, I thought it would be just enough to break it. =(

You did a grounded Yoshi Bomb, right?

Sharky

Smash Master
I'd imagine a full dair that hits the grenade would break it, though. Anyone care to try? =)

ps- I really think Falco should be moved out of the "easy" section of the CG list. Heck, half the people here don't even think it works.

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
Pretty much anything Yoshi can do to poke Snake's shield will also set off the grenade, except MAYBE a really high back air. The best case scenario you can usually hope for is that the explosion hurts both of you, but this is rarely the case in my experience.

SOVAman

Smash Hero
I'd imagine a full dair that hits the grenade would break it, though. Anyone care to try? =)

ps- I really think Falco should be moved out of the "easy" section of the CG list. Heck, half the people here don't even think it works.
I never changed him to medium or hard my bad I will fix now

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
I was fooling around in Training mode, practicing my sliding f-smash, and Pit was the randomly selected computer. After I got the technique down, I decided to just fool around with him.

Now, I may be wrong, but I could swear that Yoshi can chain-grab Pit. I didn't see any idle animation frames when I buffered it (or at least tried to buffer it), and the CPU Pit couldn't jump out.

Are you sure that Yoshi can't chain-grab him?

D

Deleted member

ZSS is so nice to CG, i usually cg a bit then wait for the down b and punish.

Dk is not cgable i promise

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
Well, can't you guys at least check? I don't have anyone else to test this with. I'd like a definite confirmation that he can't be chain-grabbed even with perfect buffering.

Extra note: I swear that Yoshi can chain-grab him. If you buffer it then you should see Pit "teleporting" a bit downwards into your grab. I'm almost positive that he couldn't do anything before he got re-grabbed.

Chaco

Never Logs In
DK is CGable. Have done it successfully quite a bit. Buffer your grabs.

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
It's not a matter of buffering your grabs. Donkey Kong still has a couple frame leeway to jump out of it. It's difficult to escape, but it can be done, even when the CG timing is perfect.

Chaco

Never Logs In
It's situational and depends on the skill of the player, I think it should be marked as doable but not a complete continuous grab since you do have the escape capability.

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
It's situational and depends on the skill of the player, I think it should be marked as doable but not a complete continuous grab since you do have the escape capability.
I'd agree with that.

Yo'ster

Smash Rookie
Alright, so I spent two hours on 1/4 trying to do the chain grab on Snake. I got the buffering down and tried several different timing schemes for the grab. However, at best, Snake was able to double jump and barely avoid a follow up grab.

Maybe I'm just missing something. My general method has been to buffer a dash while Yoshi's arms flail as Snake escapes and then hold over (after the dash animation begins) and push the grab button. Do I need to just tap over while pushing the grab button, or maybe I'm pushing the grab button at the wrong time altogether and need to wait longer or press it sooner? Any specific help anyone can provide?

A description of when to buffer each action (during what animation should the dashes/grab be buffered) could be helpful.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Since when was Pit added!? That can't be right... especially if more know about this... This is real, right?

Top Bottom