• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Yoshi CG List ""FRAME DATA INFO CHANGED A FEW THINGS"" (Updated on 9/29/09)

PKNintendo

Smash Master
DK - 145% Usmash
Ice Climbers - 116% Usmash
Olimar - 105% Uair
Jigglypuff - 85% Uair
Ness - 115% Uair
Ness - 120% Usmash
Lucas - 125% Usmash*
^^^

Are you sure these are accurate?

Sharky

Smash Master
Depends on the DI. They can live longer than that if it's really good. For example, a MK friend of mine refuses to die until the 130's o.O

on another note, I've started to spread my CG horizon out a bit, and it's awesome. I've gotten to the point where I'm consistent online with the medium characters. Wootage for teh Yoshi. XD

SECOND EDIT: has anyone been able to test out the grab release => DT Fsmash yet? I wanna know! =(

bigman40

Smash Master
@Yoshinator:

Actually, it won't be a free kill. I just tested it, and I couldn't hit them. Everytime I buffered the DR out of the grab release (it's super annoying to get right too), the opponent's have just enough time to perfect shild the attack. Also, this would only work with the characters that hit the ground, cause the ones that Yoshi CGs by grabbing before they land (and before they can do anything) they can just jump out of it.

slimpyman

Smash Journeyman
any vids out there??? alot of the time online, i can do it twice or 3 times, than he wont dash and grab, just kinda stays stationary

Chaco

Never Logs In
@Yoshinator:

Actually, it won't be a free kill. I just tested it, and I couldn't hit them. Everytime I buffered the DR out of the grab release (it's super annoying to get right too), the opponent's have just enough time to perfect shild the attack. Also, this would only work with the characters that hit the ground, cause the ones that Yoshi CGs by grabbing before they land (and before they can do anything) they can just jump out of it.
I got it a few times but not with Fsmash, I did a DT into fair. Which worked on mid stage. And shot them forward, because of the connection point. But if it did slam them down, it would make a good fsmash set up.

bigman40

Smash Master
I got it a few times but not with Fsmash, I did a DT into fair. Which worked on mid stage. And shot them forward, because of the connection point. But if it did slam them down, it would make a good fsmash set up.
How would that be possible? You DT, jump, then Fair.....I'm pretty sure it takes far too long to hit them before they regain control of their character.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Iunno. But considering the speed at which DT is performed into a tap jump, is insanely fast. I think it can be done if your fast enough. I used to have the DT to where you could just see the dust.

And congrats on the all 1 post Scat. 1111.

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
To me, the CG has never been as much about direct damage as positioning. You figure that you CG them across the stage, that's about 10% damage there (depending on how hurt they already are, of course), then you finish with a throw at the very end of the stage. Now they've taken about 20% damage and are now trying to recover, putting you in a great position to pummel them with eggs and/or edge guard them.

You figure if they even get hit with two eggs trying to get back on stage, you're talking another 12-14% unanswered damage right there, and the opponent is still only either just landing from his return or trying to get up off of the ledge.

Positioning means worlds in Brawl, so I'd say the CG is extraordinarily important if only for that.

darkserenade

Smash Ace
I think I know an easier way to CG Wario, but I'm not sure. But first, might I ask a question? What do people mean when they say "first DJ, then etc." for Yoshi?

Anyhow, the method. Grab Wario with Yoshi's tongue, and chew a bit. After he pops out, run forward a little (like a tiny bit behind where he'll land), then pivot. But before the animation starts, press the grab button. I have a replay if you want me to send it to you.

SOVAman

Smash Hero
sir orion when u make it to the edge u DO NOT throw them u do a realese so you can spike or gimp them and @random weegi main u dont even have to pivot its a standing infinate

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
sir orion when u make it to the edge u DO NOT throw them u do a realese so you can spike or gimp them and @random weegi main u dont even have to pivot its a standing infinate
Not everyone can be grab-released gimped, and even the ones that supposedly can (and are considered inescapable) are iffy. Meta Knight players in particular have been insisting that they can Shuttle Loop out of a perfectly-timed FORWARD air follow-up.

Sharky

Smash Master
lol it's fair that you use on MK though. I'll just assume that's what you meant, though. =P

And with MK it really depends on where Yoshi is on the stage when he releases him. Too close=too bad. Too far=same.

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
I actually MEANT forward air, and that's what they were talking about.

As The Yoshinator said, though, it probably mostly has to do with the positioning, since on Final Destination (for instance) you basically have to be right on that arrow/diamond pointing to the ledge to be positioned just right for the spike. I'm personally not had any major problems with it, but that's mostly because I haven't played any good Meta Knights (or at least Meta Knights that have ever given me trouble).

SOVAman

Smash Hero
Not everyone can be grab-released gimped, and even the ones that supposedly can (and are considered inescapable) are iffy. Meta Knight players in particular have been insisting that they can Shuttle Loop out of a perfectly-timed FORWARD air follow-up.
What you don't understand is even if they can get gimped 100% of the time it still puts them in a horrible position. It can lead to edge guards and it gives you a good chance to FAir or DAir spike or even hit a neutral air.

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
What you don't understand is that if you go for a gimp and get hit with a Shuttle Loop, that's a potential stage spike right there (depending on the stage and positioning), and you'd be in a much worse situation.

I'm not saying that release-spiking doesn't have its place, I'm speaking solely from a strategic standpoint, here.

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
I'm not saying it's escapable, don't get me wrong. I'm saying that the claim has been made. I play in one of the few areas of the country NOT saturated by Meta Knight players, and the few Meta Knights I've played (online and offline) haven't impressed me, so I can't say for certain one way or another.

But we're getting off the point. My original point was that gimping off of a grab release isn't always an option, and when it's not (as I guessed to be the case in the scenario the person brought up), a throw into Egg Tossing/edge guarding might be more appropriate from a strategic point of view.

SOVAman

Smash Hero
I don't just mean MK i meant every CGable char

btw you should not edge guard MKs unless you are doing a release spike.

josephjts

Smash Rookie
thanks for this list, i didenent even know half these characters chould be CG'ed

Cliche-Guevara

Smash Cadet
Sir O, where in Denver are you.

And you have you been to any of our tourney's cause your name isn't ringing any bells.

PM me and we can play sometime, i'd like to see another Yoshi in this neck of the woods

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
Southwest Denver, by around Evans and Federal. I've done a couple of CCCTs, but for the most part, I'm usually working during tournaments. It might be cool to meet up sometime and play a few in person or something. I'll try to remember to drop you a PM sometime!

salaboB

Smash Champion
People are saying MK can DI somehow to get under the fair sweetspotting, I have no idea how that works.

Mmac

Smash Lord
People are saying MK can DI somehow to get under the fair sweetspotting, I have no idea how that works.
I dunno, but it requires correct positioning. If you are doing it directly from the ledge, then it won't work.

SOVAman

Smash Hero
A little tip on the wario infinite

when Yoshi's foot touches the ground that is when you need to grab cuz if you grab to early ur shield will pop up but once you get in a rhythm you should be fine.

does that help anyone?????????

Airborne

Smash Lord
i have 2 questions though.... when CGing MK, i always end up at the end of the ledge, so:
1) what is the best position to start at to get to the correct position to grab-release spike?
and
2) what should i do when i'm directly on the ledge?

SOVAman

Smash Hero
basically you run off and Fair spike its not perfect but it has a good chance of hitting. There isn't to much to it.

Top Bottom