• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Yoshi CG List ""FRAME DATA INFO CHANGED A FEW THINGS"" (Updated on 9/29/09)

SOVAman

Smash Hero
Hmm... lilb, about how often do you get a successful chaingrab on DK? Not like how often a match, but a success percentage? When you go for a chaingrab on a DK that knows what it's doing and knows that you're going for the chaingrab, about what percentage of the time are you successful?

like a good 95% I rarely mess up.

SOVAman

Smash Hero
lilb, you're debating over something that evidence was provided for, yet you just decided that Pit can't be chain-grabbed at a moment's glance? Now, I'm not debating over whether DK can be chain-grabbed or not (it may be better this way, since he can only up-B out of it and it sets him up for something worse), but I'd like to see some evidence that Pit can't be chain-grabbed.
Thats not proof because I saw him do it wrong and I say exactly how he did it worng

and if you want evidence if pit can or can not be CGed try it your self

prYde

Smash Cadet
I have chain grabbed many dk's before. But I have also failed to chain grab many dk's before. so I really cant tell. And I played sooooo bad in those grand finals videos >_< I felt like such dead weight..

SOVAman

Smash Hero
I have chain grabbed many dk's before. But I have also failed to chain grab many dk's before. so I really cant tell. And I played sooooo bad in those grand finals videos >_< I felt like such dead weight..

So I am not the only one that can CG DK

Silent Beast

Smash Journeyman

like a good 95% I rarely mess up.
Yeah, if it's that high, I would guess that it is doable. There isn't a 100% surefire way to determine if it's guaranteed or not without frame data, but I think getting it 95% of the time on good DKs is pretty good evidence in its favor.

Chaco

Never Logs In
There is no CG on ZSS, Les proved it with me today. I can easily escape it.

SOVAman

Smash Hero
Alrighty I have not been on in a while do to Christmas so I am going to comment on everything I read

Chaco: wifi wtf?!!??!! and you can grab ZSS before she can use the down B I thought we have proven that?

Poltergust: no one told you that you have no choice but to test in training mode get a friend/crew mate/test at a tourney/theres most likly more too so test it.

Sir Orion: Is right you must test offline Chaco

On the ZSS thing I know was tested a while ago

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: Hugs and kisses, ladies.

Now, back to how bad we gay lots of characters with our chaingrab.

Airborne

Smash Lord
:yoshi: Hugs and kisses, ladies.

Now, back to how bad we gay lots of characters with our chaingrab.
yay gayness!.....wait.... well green ace told me of a PSEUDO CG that he does sometimes, involving eggs and grab-release or something like that, if any of you are looking for a fun way to catch your opponent off guard... =P

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: Pseudo chaingrabs mean the opponent has a chance of getting out if they know what they're doing.

While it would be a cool thing to discuss, it would be even better if you were talking about creating a chaingrab that doesn't just revolve around grabs. Creating instances where the opponent can get out isn't terribly productive, especially since people are figuring more how to get out of new techniques faster than they are created.

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
I didn't have time to search this stuff to see if it was already known, anyways:

up-throw has set knock back until about 50%(You cannot DI any direction)

B-throw and F-throw have set knock back until about 25%(you cannot Di it)

On heavy characters you have a longer animation but they escape it just as soon as anyone else would, because of this if you u-throw a character like snake or D3( if their damage is under 50%) they can hit you while you are still in your throwing animation.

Just thought I'd put that info out there.

SOVAman

Smash Hero
Thanks for the percents I kinda knew it was up to a certain percent but I didn't know exactly which precent thanks

Chaco

Never Logs In
Oh lawdy, DL and I were practicing alternating chain releases. They are to sexy. Try em sometime.

Chaco

Never Logs In
We were alt pivoting, and chew releasing, also Chew release Uair/Usmash/Fsmash.

Too fun. We're going to use it in an online tourney soon. If we get it down.

Spacing is key.

bigman40

Smash Master
So I found the reason as to why grab breaks happen. When I was experimmenting with other stuff, I noticed that whenever a character did NOT have his/her feet solidly on the ground, they would break out of a grab in the air. And vice versa can be said for a ground break out. Yoshi is the exception to this by a little. Since characters are always in his mouth when grabbed, they don't have any ground to place their feet on. Therefore, they will always break out into the air. Some of you that noticed your opponents breaking on the ground even when yoshi grabbed them, is simply because the opponents did not make it to his mouth before the "break out" began.

So for the tl dr for you lazy folks, Yoshi will always have opponents air break UNLESS they input enough buttons before they get into his mouth (where they lose any solid ground).

Sharky

Smash Master
so then we really only have to worry about this at low to mid (depending on the person) percents, then. That's good to know, thanks for confirming this, Scatz. =)

on an unrelated note, when I saw tl;dr, I somehow thought "toon link;dragonic reverse." Is that bad? o.O

bigman40

Smash Master
so then we really only have to worry about this at low to mid (depending on the person) percents, then. That's good to know, thanks for confirming this, Scatz. =)

on an unrelated note, when I saw tl;dr, I somehow thought "toon link;dragonic reverse." Is that bad? o.O
Lol no it's not xD

And if some people are skeptical about that, they can try this: Grab a giant character with anyone else. You'll notice that they break the grab immediately (when they have theuir feet on the ground). Now grab with Yoshi, and it's like Yoshi can grab them completely normal. (I <3 random fun) Yoshi's grab is basically the air grabs of every character xD

Gindler

Smash Champion
Has anyone tested the CG on G&W? I've done it in a match where they G&W recovered high with his second jump and his Trampoline/parachute/whateveritis, and pivot caught him before he could land with the key, of course i didn't chew (so he wouldn't get upB back) and the CG seemed to work to the edge where i released him to his death. No clue if I've mentioned this before (might've and completely forgot, i do that alot), or if the guy even tried to dodge out of it, I just did it once since i rarely get to play GeeDubs.......

and yes it was in person, still preparing to get flamed though

Top Bottom