• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Yoshi CG List ""FRAME DATA INFO CHANGED A FEW THINGS"" (Updated on 9/29/09)

chimpact

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0361-7166-1377
No he caught him in his up B, before he landed on the stage. and then he cg'd him to the edge, but he didn't chew. Like say he caught him in the middle since the GaW recovered high. He cg'd to the edge without chewing so he couldn't up B.

Gindler

Smash Champion
Yeah I was just wondering if anyone else has tried it. But they almost never recover high, so not really useful

Chaco

Never Logs In
I was Just trying the infinite on wario and he broke out of it 3 times.
im pretty sure i wasnt doing it wrong.
or maybe i was.
just saying
You probably weren't buffering your dashes.

.Marik

is a social misfit
Can someone be willing to add more details to this thread?

Like, what combos we can do, whether we can Chaingrab simply standing, or if we have to Fthrow>Grab>Chew>Repeat etc... etc...

Would help me a lot.

SOVAman

Smash Hero
I was Just trying the infinite on wario and he broke out of it 3 times.
im pretty sure i wasnt doing it wrong.
or maybe i was.
just saying
Well chaco is wrong don't dash for the Infinite I will be releasing something soon that will help with that problem.

Remember f you have anymore questions just post up.

The help for all you problems will come soon.

Can someone be willing to add more details to this thread?

Like, what combos we can do, whether we can Chaingrab simply standing, or if we have to Fthrow>Grab>Chew>Repeat etc... etc...

Would help me a lot.
There will be something released very soon be patient

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: Unstickying this so it can be linked in the Yoshi Link thread.

Also, infinites on Wario are standing grab, reverse pivot, and runaway pivot. Reverse pivot has to be frame perfect or it will not work and standing grab only works to high 120%, I think. In this sense, they're not exactly infinite, but they get the job done.

Also yes, Mr. Game and Watch's Up+B functions like Snake's. If you can grab it before he lands and don't hit him before he releases, he's done for, no doubt.

LuWIIgi

Smash Apprentice
on the infinite with wario, aren't you suposed to hold bock and keep jamming on A so that he get regrabbed??
because i was doing that, and they just jumped out.

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: You have to time the standing grab.

At first, people surmised that you could just jam the A button, but we very soon realized that grabs on Wario are fickle as is; actually timing the standing grab (it's not even that hard--I learned how to do it during my first tournament while in my first tournament match against Wario, a character I was playing against for the first time /ownhorntooting). Definitely learn the timing; it helps a lot.

SOVAman

Smash Hero
Anyways I am posting the back throw CG on diddy on this even though its not a release it is useful. The Back throw CG goes up to about 32% on diddy.

If you guys find anymore Back throw CGs post up with percentatages.

Depster

Smash Champion
seems when snake is at 0 you can fthrow and grab again, but it may be human delayed reaction, so someone else might wanna help with it. Not much but its there. Maybe you can grab after the second throw, I don't know.

SOVAman

Smash Hero
seems when snake is at 0 you can fthrow and grab again, but it may be human delayed reaction, so someone else might wanna help with it. Not much but its there. Maybe you can grab after the second throw, I don't know.
I will test that when I get the chance thx for the input

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
What about chain-grabbing on slopes? I believe that there are some characters that could be chain-grabbable upwards or downwards a slope that aren't chain-grabbable otherwise.

Why would this be useful? Well, what if you attend a tournament that has Distant Planet or Yoshi's Island (Melee) legal? You can counterpick those stages and camp on the slope.

Cliche-Guevara

Smash Cadet
THat is doable, but GW is the only one we can do that to that autosnaps to the ledge. If the GW player uses his too early he wont autosnap and you can grab him as he comes up, but most players will wait, fall a little farther, then sweetspot the ledge.

SOVAman

Smash Hero
THat is doable, but GW is the only one we can do that to that autosnaps to the ledge. If the GW player uses his too early he wont autosnap and you can grab him as he comes up, but most players will wait, fall a little farther, then sweetspot the ledge.
True but if you pressure them a little with some eggs or a slight edge guard then, they might get a little impatient and use it early.

SOVAman

Smash Hero
Big update (sorta)

I have added my guide because I want every Yoshi main or future Yoshi user to know this information. If you have not already read this on the Yoshi guide please read it you find out that this is great information. For those who have read it already good **** I think most of you have :)

Airborne

Smash Lord
we should look at the characteristics that make ddk able to be bthrow CG'd to see if there's any hint of any other characters that are able to be CG'd, in order to cut down on the experimentation and help explore the possibility of any other types of CGs...
nice guide though lil_b; you put the list of CG-able characters on it twice though. =P

SOVAman

Smash Hero
I did put it twice lol i might fix if I get around to it.

btw we should defiantly look into it and see if any other characters can be Back Throw CGed. Good idea!

The Back Throw CG "second look"

Who up for helping me confirm and test these?

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
OK, I'm doing some tests on chain-grabbing up and down slopes. Let's see what I can come up with (using Yoshi's Island Melee to test)...

Mario:

Up-slope- No. Lands too early.
Down-slope- No. Jumps too high.

Luigi:

Down-slope- No. Jumps WAY too high.

Peach:

Bowser:

Down-slope- No. Jumps just a bit too high.

Donkey Kong:

Up-slope- Not sure, but it looks like he lands too early.
Down-slope- No. Too high.

Diddy Kong:

Yoshi:

Wario:

This is a special case since Wario has such a unique grab-release. Basically, when facing up-wards on a slope you have MUCH more leeway to perform the infinite, and facing downwards the infinite also seems easier than it is it when facing horizontally. You can still do follow-ups on him, also. I need more people to test this.

Link:

Zelda:

Up-slope- No. Lands too far. Yoshi's tongue doesn't reach.
Down-slope- No. Jumps too lates.

Sheik:

Up-slope- No. Falls way too quickly.
Down-slope- YES! And you can up-smash out of a grab-release, too!

Ganondorf:

Up-slope- No. He falls too quickly.
Down-slope- No. He goes just high enough to avoid it. No up-smash, either.

Toon Link:

Up-slope- No. Falls just a bit too fast.

Samus:

Up-slope- No. Falls out of reach.

Zero Suit Samus:

Up-slope- No. Falls to quickly.

And I just gave myself a hand cramp trying to get Zero Suit Samus to appear with the Wiimote. I'll get the rest of the characters later. @_@

Metatitan

Smash Master
1. u can start as zamus at the start of the match, its holding R with gc, not sure about wiimote but i know u can do it.
2. how are slopes useful? a lot of those stages are banned

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
1. Not in training you can't. At least if the CPU cursor is on Samus.
2. There's still the off-chance of those stages being unbanned. This list is for those stages.

Metatitan

Smash Master
then put samus as urself lol. tap jump shouldnt affect ur cgs. and mabey in florida ull see stages like YI melee.... since they decide to ban legal cps

SOVAman

Smash Hero
Good stuff polt! Yeah the slopes are not that useful but maybe in some places like Florida =P

btw I will test the Foward and Back throw CGs today hopefully =/

auroreon

Smash Ace
Uhm... how exactly does this Back Throw CG work?
I tryed just Bthrow then dash grabbing them again, but a human controlled Diddy was able to escape after the first throw at 0% every time, does it have to be buffered?

SOVAman

Smash Hero
Uhm... how exactly does this Back Throw CG work?
I tryed just Bthrow then dash grabbing them again, but a human controlled Diddy was able to escape after the first throw at 0% every time, does it have to be buffered?
Yea you got to buffer all CGs

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: About time back throws get their time to shine! :D

I'll try to help out with these as they've been an important part of my game for a long time.

Bwett

Smash Ace
Although not guaranteed, back throw to dash grab works fairly well at low percents on Lucas. I don't know the exact options they have, but I catch people offguard with it quite frequently

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
Does anybody else just release grab to jump --to spike? Everyone jumps out of the release grab as soon as they can, so I found it incredibly easy to spike people by jumping while they jump and spiking. It works on so many people, then it turns it into a mind game situation where they either avoid you or get spiked, which is really useful.

Top Bottom