• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Wolf Discussion Thread [Updated March 22, 2008]

raul

Smash Lord
Both Wolf and Falco look very good in the game. The graphics are great and I am glad to see that they got made up differently from their other game appearances.

I wonder if releasing the informatio about Krystal's voice actor was simply a way to mislead us so we would be surprised Wolf would be in the game. Makes sense to me atleast.

I'm glad he is there, cloneish or not. I'll probably main all 3 of them eventually.

What I am most curious about is his role in SSE. It seems Wario almost works for the SSE after viewing ht videos, I wonder if it is the same for Wolf, Bowser, Ganondorf and others. If this is accurate, than that might have further enhanced the reasoning to get him in the game.

Patinator

Smash Champion
Well, I suppose that's a good thing.

As to Kakanashi (...Is that how you spell it? I can't look right now...), umm.... Search for the "Official Wolf O'Donnell Thread: Home of the Star Wolf Squadron". The first post has the guidelines. Or ask Chaos Leader; I think he knows. X_X

Stryks

Smash Hero
He doesnt look like that much of a clone, more like luigified, or simply put just SOME of his moves are cloned, most of them are... CLAW BASED ATTACKS!! I WAS RITE!! SUCK IT NON BELIEVERS I WAS RIIITE!!

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
Even hardly that, Assassin. I'm not sure about Ganondorf... I haven't seen any of his B moves but a lot of his A moves are the same. However, from what I've seen, Lucas and Ness are very different and the only similarities Toon and regular Link have are attacks. They have different animations, speeds, and visuals entirely. Still clones by defintion, yes, but still much different.

So clones, yes, but... not nearly in the sense that Melee had them. These are a different generation of clones. I don't mind. Wolf rocks.

Patinator, thank you.

raul

Smash Lord
I think the main problem people have with characters like Wolf, Toon Link, and so on, is because of all the new comers that ended up on the starting roster. Had the starting roster been all the veterans plus, Ness, Captain Falcon, Luigi, Jiggly Puff, Game and Watch and Marth, that would make the unlockabale characters:

Ganondorf, Falco, King Dedede, Wolf, Pokemon Trainer, Diddy Kong, Wario, Meta Knight, Ike, Sonic, Snake, Rob, Lucario, Toon Link, Lucas, Pit and Olimar

People really wanted new unlockables. And when most of them turned into starting characters, the unlockables got over-hyped.

The bottomline is, no matter who is unlockable or not, we got a ton of new characters: PERIOD. When you look at it that way, Wolf is an awesome addition...even if his landmaster is pink.

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
I'd recommend both... but the British and a hunger for blood and destruction... they just don't go together like they used to. ^_^

I'm going to have to agree with you, Raul. I saw someone mention something to the effect of, "How do you think the reaction toward the roster would have been if the last two characters 'spoiled' were Sonic and Snake as opposed to Wolf and Robot?"

I think this brings up an interesting new perspective. People were somewhat looking forward to some sort of grand finale, but they didn't get it. However, this is their own fault to an extent.

In the end, we basically have three games in one with all the content we have, and with all that content we are lucky to have gotten the roster we did. I myself am impressed with it. I by no means think it is perfect, but it is good.

Plus... it has Wolf. Come on, now =)

So, what are we seeing here guys? Wolf looks pretty fast and strong... you think he has any Super Armor frames? I really don't see the attribute that holds him back making him balanced (i.e. Ike and Dedede being slow but strong, Sonic and Metanight fast but weak).

Tobias Amaranth

Smash Apprentice
In the end, Krystal would have been a huge disappointement for a lot of us if she ended up like Wolf. As with Krystal, Wolf had the potential for a lot of uniqueness. He didn't need a reflector. He didn't need that Fox Illusion. And he sure as hell has never driven a Landmaster aside from hijacking the Star Wolf Team's in Assault multiplayer!! Much less a recolored one. I mean, clone Snake's FS and make it Wolfen lasers. There, creativity and programming saved, just a few quick model changes.

Krystal ending up with Assault gear and weaponry and a bloody Landmaster would have been a larger slap in the face than the deal with Wolf, for the pure sake that she had a much more creative alternative. Adventures outfit and staff. (no arguing over outfit. Any other fighting game has outfits atleast as revealing and her's is Tribal, not perverted :| ) The staff would have had magic attacks, and she could have pulled some lore from Adventures as her FS. Dino's or Spirits or something.

Wolf's FS also could have been a Cluster Bomb. That would have been nice. Grenades raining down on the stage. And those suckers HURT in Assault!

Salbou

Smash Rookie
I just believe that if there had to be another character like Fox, it should've been either Falco or Wolf. He does look badass though. I was hoping there Final Smashes would be different as well.

MysticJon

Smash Cadet
it would have made a huge difference, in my opinion, to have Wolfs FS be the Wolfen, instead of the Landmaster. same as the Landmaster (fire lasers, barrel roll), except you sort of hover off to the side of the field a bit in stead of just staying in one spot.

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
You bring up a point I haven't thought about before, Tobias. I myself never wanted Krystal, but it's an interesting point nonetheless.

For Wolf's FS I was always expecting the Wolfen (either him piloting it or Leon and Panther [yay cameos!]) or him jumping to the side of the stage and shooting an amazing about of gun blasts into the arena. Alas...

Stryks

Smash Hero
Yeah I hate his FS, ever liked the landmaster anyway, and he doesnt say it funny like fox:
LAANNNDDOOOO MMMAAASSSTTTAAHHHH!!!

rofl...
anyway at least im happy he aint a clone, and uses a...dare I say it... CLAW MOVESET!!! I WAS RITE!! HA!!

Stryks

Smash Hero
Well he just mentioned some claw drill thing, tough I continued with the full claw based moveset, so i win XD

good to see ya again :p

raul

Smash Lord
I think Sakurai really wanted the Landmaster as a PC but had to settle for seeing it as a final smash 3 times. The Wolfen would have been the best option for Wolf, and really, the only option. Still I can't complain over a final smash. Subtract that from the equation and Wolf is still good enough to me.

Rarzy

Smash Journeyman
from what i've seen his moveset looks really unique to me. i don't see what everybody is complaining about. I mean really, the animations are different, and that is about as important as you can get, along with damage and knockback... the FS isn't that big of a deal. you still get to squish things with a big ****ing tank!

And really, WOLF IS PLAYABLE!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
The really only similarity I see is he has a projectile and the same ****ing FS.

Lol at what you said, Raul. That seems to be the case. That or the Star Fox series killed his family and he felt the best way to punish it was by giving all the reps the same FS.

EDIT: Teach everyone to mock it with their, "DO A BARREL ROLL!" jokes. Landmaster showed us... probably our fault.

EDIT#2: Before I forget... Something in my gut told me it would be spam if I made a thread inquiring as to whether or not people think there will be a Wolf stage, so I suppose we can talk about it here.

Sargasso Space Station anyone?

-Knux-

Smash Ace
Contrary to what you all think, there is one reason and one reason only as to why Sakurai would give every StarFox rep the same Final Smash. This reason is quite simple. If Fox, Falco, and Wolf had any sort of Final Smash that was better and/or different than the Landmaster, they would all sit at God Tier and have the rest of the high tier-bottom tier characters serve them forever.

Relhots

Smash Lord
Contrary to what you all think, there is one reason and one reason only as to why Sakurai would give every StarFox rep the same Final Smash. This reason is quite simple. If Fox, Falco, and Wolf had any sort of Final Smash that was better and/or different than the Landmaster, they would all sit at God Tier and have the rest of the high tier-bottom tier characters serve them forever.
I like that reason! :laugh:

-Knux-

Smash Ace
I like that reason! :laugh:
xD

But seriously, I love how Falco and Wolf look in this game. Hell, I'm even glad that Fox is a bit slower, only because he was TOO fast for me in Melee. xP

The StarFox series has always been one of my favorites and I'm so happy that these three characters represent the series. I can easily see myself maining all three.

Relhots

Smash Lord
xD

But seriously, I love how Falco and Wolf look in this game. Hell, I'm even glad that Fox is a bit slower, only because he was TOO fast for me in Melee. xP

The StarFox series has always been one of my favorites and I'm so happy that these three characters represent the series. I can easily see myself maining all three.
I wish Fox had the same speed in melee...i originally didn't think Fox was fast until I first played as Falco...I utterly suck with Falco. :laugh:

-Knux-

Smash Ace
I wish Fox had the same speed in melee...i originally didn't think Fox was fast until I first played as Falco...I utterly suck with Falco. :laugh:
xD It's the other way around here. Fox is too fast for me in Melee. I'm not very good with Fox, but Falco, on the other hand, I'm good with.

Relhots

Smash Lord
xD It's the other way around here. Fox is too fast for me in Melee. I'm not very good with Fox, but Falco, on the other hand, I'm good with.
Thats really funny. :) My friend is the same way...When i first played as falco, I lost to a lv. 5 cpu... True Story! :laugh:

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
Oh man, that's a bummer. Haha. Surprisingly I mained Doc since I unlocked him 'til now in Melee and Mario in Smash Bros... good old ignorant gaming child years.

I also refused to try and main Fox in Melee not because I couldn't use him, but because everyone would think I mained him because of his tier, not because I love Star Fox so much, so I said screw that.

It won't be like that this time around. I might, just might, main all three SF reps, with Olimar a very close second/4th. 1. Wolf 2. Fox 3. Falco. Ownage.

And I actually do hope they are top tier B) or high. I've been here from the start and no one is gonna put me and my SF homies down!

Woo! Yeah... Sargasso Space Station is what I'm rooting for. So far we've gotten two Star Fox stages, and one is from Melee... not savee. I'm sure we'll get one more new one and I'm pushing for three new ones. If we had one SF char and stage in Smash, two SF chars and stages in Melee, and three SF chars and two stages in Brawl (one is an old one) I think we can say we'll get another one.

Relhots

Smash Lord
Oh man, that's a bummer. Haha. Surprisingly I mained Doc since I unlocked him 'til now in Melee and Mario in Smash Bros... good old ignorant gaming child years.

I also refused to try and main Fox in Melee not because I couldn't use him, but because everyone would think I mained him because of his tier, not because I love Star Fox so much, so I said screw that.

It won't be like that this time around. I might, just might, main all three SF reps, with Olimar a very close second/4th. 1. Wolf 2. Fox 3. Falco. Ownage.

And I actually do hope they are top tier B) or high. I've been here from the start and no one is gonna put me and my SF homies down!

Woo! Yeah... Sargasso Space Station is what I'm rooting for. So far we've gotten two Star Fox stages, and one is from Melee... not savee. I'm sure we'll get one more new one and I'm pushing for three new ones. If we had one SF char and stage in Smash, two SF chars and stages in Melee, and three SF chars and two stages in Brawl (one is an old one) I think we can say we'll get another one.
Thats the same exact thing with me and my friends...they think i mained fox just because he was top tier...until they realized i just like Starfox alot...

Are you talking about Wolf's Space Station in Assault? that would make a good stage... especially with all of the exploding barrels...

Thunderslf

Smash Journeyman
Shut up and stop being spoiled. Sakurai could've made the game Japan Only, or cancel the game all together. Which would've been better? For US not to get the game, or to have a 35 character roster?
You know what else we have? Sonic the Hedgehog. Solid Snake. King Dedede. Meta-Knight. etc

You can not tell me they were not wanted for Brawl.

Nightmare KoRn Kid

Smash Champion
Hurrah!

Eh, go to the R.O.B forum >.> He's the reason your favorite character isn't in the game *cough*

So who's gonna main Wolf? I know I am. This game, I'm going to work my hardest to be the best Wolf player in America. I hope to be like Ken is to Marth. You hear Marth and you think Ken, I want it to be like that.

B)
Shows how much you know. Ken sucks compared to M2K, and everyone sucks compared to Azen.

Ken fanbois ftl.

I don't think wolf is going to be anything special with ridiculously broken characters like Z samus >.>

Range, and ridiculous speed with little lag...

Wolf is nothing, the over all roster is unimpressive, and the fact that half of them are clones is even more dispointing. This game is going to be a terribley imbalanced POS, FROM FIRST GLANCE.

They noob friendlied it FROM FIRST GLACE.

I don't know though... I have oinly watched the vids, not played the game. SO there...

I don't know, anything, at all, just what i observe.

Elysium

Smash Lord
Shows how much you know. Ken sucks compared to M2K, and everyone sucks compared to Azen.

Ken fanbois ftl.

I don't think wolf is going to be anything special with ridiculously broken characters like Z samus >.>

Range, and ridiculous speed with little lag...

Wolf is nothing, the over all roster is unimpressive, and the fact that half of them are clones is even more dispointing. This game is going to be a terribley imbalanced POS, FROM FIRST GLANCE.

They noob friendlied it FROM FIRST GLACE.

I don't know though... I have oinly watched the vids, not played the game. SO there...

I don't know, anything, at all, just what i observe.
I love how people go around saying characters are Broken, since the games been out for what...2 days?
I've only called one character broken in Brawl, and that was Sonic. My reasoning is that Brawl seems a tad bit slower than Melee and Sonic flies across the screen that and I meant it half-heartedly. Is he truly broken, who knows. Thats the point, no one knows yet.

Oh and half the roster aren't clones.

Patinator

Smash Champion
I haven't discovered why the Shine is so awesome. A character like Fox, Zelda, Sheik, etc., with a good Up-B can easily escape it. Shining them again is beyond impossible.

But that's why I play Falco sometimes. :laugh:

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
Two things I don't understand:

1. All the negativity toward the game
2. How this thread is on the second page.

I mean, come on. The only reason the game seems so bad to the majority of people is because they set their bar way too high.

Oh well... and it is a shame we only got one new Star Fox stage... *sighs*

Relhots

Smash Lord
Two things I don't understand:

1. All the negativity toward the game
2. How this thread is on the second page.

I mean, come on. The only reason the game seems so bad to the majority of people is because they set their bar way too high.

Oh well... and it is a shame we only got one new Star Fox stage... *sighs*
we got a new starfox stage??? where have i been..:laugh: what is it?

people's expectations are always too high...i learned that lesson the hard way...besides i like starfox games...

Top Bottom