• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official "Who is going to return?" topic

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
It would be fun to play as CSLink, Like using Wind's Requiem to blow everyone away
If CSLink makes the cut (which I've never even seen a reason why he couldn't), his FS would have to be either "Ballad of Gales" [WW] which would conjur up a giant cyclone around CSLink (better to position yourself in the middle of the stage, OR on a big stage, where all the action is); or an alternative FS would have to be "Four Sword" [FS/FSA] where Link raises his Four Sword and splits into four counterparts of himself (AI controlled, invincible [?], have magic embeded in their swords [?][Red has fire/Blue has ice/Purple has electricity/Green (you) have a larger and stronger sword that you can wield quicker], and gang up on any opponent you targer/are nearest to).

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
guys guys! don't worry I'm sure Sakurai will put WWLink in Brawl I mean c'mon he's form the ever so popular Zelda franchise plus he would be YLink's upgrade with new moves

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Link should be able to turn into wolf link!!!!!! or that minda will be riding on him as a seperate character.... they just have to!
Link is NOT going to turn into Wolf Link at all. Get used to it.

And about 2 months ago I would have said that there's no chance in hell that Wolf Link could even make the cut, what with being a quadruped and all... but after PT was revealed to have Ivysaur, I'm all for Wolf Link w/o Midna.

DemonDude12

Smash Rookie
I'm thinking Mewtwo, Falco, and Gandondorf will be back for sure.

Because of the addition of Lucas, I'm kind of doubting Ness' inclusion in Brawl.

BMShen

Smash Rookie
I think they should bring back the clones (Falco, Pichu, Luigi, Ganondorf). They are a lot alike, but i like the different feel of the characters, such as ganondorf over cpt falcon.

Kaento

Smash Apprentice
I think they should bring back the clones (Falco, Pichu, Luigi, Ganondorf). They are a lot alike, but i like the different feel of the characters, such as ganondorf over cpt falcon.
but they shouldn't come back as clones.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
I agree except for Pichu, he should definetly NOT come back because he really sucked and Falco shiould come back with it's bazooka instead of his handgun, and ganon well,,, he should have a completly new moveset especially with his sword which would be awesome

but they shouldn't come back as clones.
agreed

Cyberbot5000

Smash Apprentice
I'd laugh if Sakauri updated something like "I want you all to know that no clones are coming back! BURN N00BS BURN!
He did say that clones would be altered so your right to some degree, he even used Ganondorf as an example of who was being changed IIRC

shadowcontroller

Smash Apprentice
I'm thinking Mewtwo, Falco, and Gandondorf will be back for sure.

Because of the addition of Lucas, I'm kind of doubting Ness' inclusion in Brawl.
I don't think that Ness will be out of the game, he already appeard SSB64 and SSBM. Ness was the only character from EarthBound, but with Lucas, it's a team from EarthBound.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
I'd laugh if Sakauri updated something like "I want you all to know that no clones are coming back! BURN N00BS BURN!
First of all, roy_owns, you wouldn't laugh because your beloved Roy is a clone.

He did say that clones would be altered so your right to some degree, he even used Ganondorf as an example of who was being changed IIRC
Second of all, I'm like 99.9998% sure Sakurai never said that.

I am win. :grin:

Devon_Aran

Smash Rookie
As far as Ganondorf is concerned, I think they should give him his own moveset. I mean, he is an important enough character in the Legend of Zelda series to get his own set of moves, isn't he? Not to mention that the F-Zero and Zelda series are not related in any way at all.

Loowis

Smash Rookie
Jigglypuff with bigger range on her dB (cheap tier ftw). If she doesn't come back, i'm going to be genuinly angry.

Super Smash Master

Smash Lord
Why not let Falco keep his blaster but have it chargeable? Here's an idea for a new falco moveset for specials:

B: Blaster, but chargeable unlike Fox's.
B^: Uses a special jetpack that gives him plasma falcon wings similar to Pit's up special
B>: Bazooka, can be aimed if you hold the B button.
BD: Maybe dual blasters aimed left and right when on the ground and both shot downward when in the air.
He could fight with kung fu.

And wouldn't it be awesome if Mewtwo had his armor from the movie as a costume?

Duality

Smash Journeyman
What I'm throwing my false hope on is a system that's like a costume change, but it changes characters, let me explain. Instead of using up all these spots on the character select screen I hope they put all the clones in another persons square, and you can choose the character from there, much like costume select. If I scrolled over Ike and pressed whatever button, it would then switch to Roy, then Marth, then a differen't colored costume. I also had an idea of Sonic's alternate costumes. Since most of the characters in the series have basically similar moves, Red would be Knuckles, Yellow Tails, Black Shadow, Blue Metal Sonic, Green Sonic's brother or that parrot guy from Sonic Riders, and whatever else.

That's basically what I hope for.

[They better put in Falco]

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Would anyone take Roy back if he had a revamped movest?
I would take him back IF and only if he had a totally different moveset.

the lack of zelda in any of these demos is good news for sheik fans.
I agree.

Sheik 4 Brawl

What I'm throwing my false hope on is a system that's like a costume change, but it changes characters, let me explain. Instead of using up all these spots on the character select screen I hope they put all the clones in another persons square, and you can choose the character from there, much like costume select. If I scrolled over Ike and pressed whatever button, it would then switch to Roy, then Marth, then a differen't colored costume. I also had an idea of Sonic's alternate costumes. Since most of the characters in the series have basically similar moves, Red would be Knuckles, Yellow Tails, Black Shadow, Blue Metal Sonic, Green Sonic's brother or that parrot guy from Sonic Riders, and whatever else.

That's basically what I hope for.
Not to sound rude, but the entire SWF has been preaching that idea for years.:psycho: Not to say it's a bad idea, though.

But the thing is, Marth should be his own character and Roy should be his alternate skin. Ike doesn't play anything like the other guys, so there's no reason for him to be replacing Marth. Not to mention the way he holds his GIGANTIC sword in comparison to each of their one handed blades. And in order for this to actually work well, you couldn't have characters who don't look anything like one another being in the same model. Their body types would have to match up near perfectly. I'm talking about YLink being a Link alt skin, or Falco being a Fox alt skin, or Waluigi being a Luigi alt skin, or Paper Mario being a Mario alt skin, or Raichu/Pichu being a Pikachu alt skin, etc... None of those would work.

It would have be like Wolf being a Fox alt skin, or Ness being a Lucas alt skin, or Doc being a Mario alt skin, or Roy being a Marth alt skin, or Daisy being a Peach alt skin, etc...

Falco better come back.
I think he better, too. ;)

hmmm. all the characters should be in it. that would be great like the ice climbers
Everyone but Doc and Pichu. Anyone else can be worked with and useful... but those two will ultimately bring down the series anytime they're part of the roster.

DarthBrittinias

Smash Apprentice
So, I did some math today and there's something that's bothering me. At the current rate, the Smash Bros Dojo is announcing 1 new character every two weeks or so. There are only 15 weeks left until the games release. So, at the current rate there will only be 8 more characters announced on the Dojo, bringing the total to 30 playable characters.

I am hoping for more characters than that. Hopefully they will either start announcing them at a higher rate, or there will be unlockable characters that we were never told about. I think that I will be disappointed if there are only 8 more... but I can deal as long as Captain Falcon and Ganondorf are among those 8.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
^^^^
Don't even expect 8 more characters before February. Expect Sakurai to finish off the entire starter list which should only hold about 3 maybe 4 more characters and to release the last 3rd Party Guest by late January. We'll probably get the "easiest" unlockable a week before the game's release.

But as far as 30 characters goes... I think it's safe to assume (especially with the 2 month delay) that we'll be getting a complete roster in the mid to high 30s.

EDIT:
Math, at this point, is basically worthless. Don't expect the ENTIRE roster to be revealed before the game's release.

rocky9494

Smash Cadet
I think at least out of the people already confirmed C. Falcon, Ness, and Luigi should return. They should return since they have been in since the original Smash . They could keep C. Falcon and Ness's movesets and give Lucas something new and they could change up Luigi's a little.

woah42

Smash Cadet
I think that the most popular characters that everybody loves and plays professionally should return. Fox is already confirmed, so they are:

Marth
Sheik(I think as own character)
Falco

rocky9494

Smash Cadet
I wouldn't mind them returning heck it would be better if everyone from Melee returned as starters just some with different movesets. I just think C. Falcon, Ness, and Luigi should be in since they were in the game since the first Smash.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
If Luigi doesn't make it back... I'll eat my Wii-mote.

Marth, MrG&W, Mewtwo, Jigglypuff, and Sheik should be back because they're original.

Lucas should be entirely different so Ness can come back.

Ganondorf and Falco should come back because they are awesome characters.

Doc and Pichu NEED to leave.

Anyone else... whatever.

Top Bottom