• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official "Who is going to return?" topic

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
You can't dismiss Sheik just because she was in one game. Ness was only in one game. Roy was only in one game. She's popular and that's what counts. She was popular in OoT and a hundred times more popular in Melee. She definitely does belong in the "Characters that built a fanbase in Melee", but that doesn't mean she should get the boot. So she was only in one game, I don't see Marth in anymore Fire Emblem games. That doesn't mean any of the "one hit wonder" characters will never come back into their respective series' either. Kicking her out will turn a lot of people off to Brawl, Sakurai may be all about making the SSB franchise perfect and well accepted by all and what do you think the Nintendo corporation wants? Money. I think Sakurai will be upset when he starts getting hate mail for not including one of the most popular characters in Melee in Brawl, and Nintendo will want as many sales as possible. So in my opinion, I believe Sheik will stay, whether you like it or not.
Yes but:

1) Ness was the main hero of his game, it has got alot of following and it's very populair in Japan. Mother 3 didn't stared Ness, but there where alot of references to him as Pokey, and Ness's Yo-Yo. He's a Legend in the Mother series, and thus the best character to represent it.

2) Marth is a retro character, and one extremely important to the Fire Emblem franchise. He was the first lord, and he stared two games... Fire Emblem 3, the second game of Marth is still the best sold FE game and not to mentoin, the guy was almost begged in Melee. Deffinatly should stay.

3) Roy isn't a good example and should leave anyway... Still he DID appeared in two games, in FE7 he appears as a child and the game overall has alot of references to FE6.

4) I don't think if Sheik isn't in the game alot of people stick with Melee. There would be far more hate mail if characters as Marth, Donkey Kong, Yoshi or Mewtwo where removed, cause unlike Sheik they have an actual fanbase outside Melee... And Sheik would change either way, so what's the problem?

5) Zero Suit Samus...

Rhyme

Smash Lord
@Diddy Kong, very nice reasons. I'd have to agree with each and every one of them.

@Stryks, is there a seperate thread meant solely to discuss entrances?

That could work for Mewtwo. I'm not exactly sure how he is first presented in poke'mon, I figured his intro should parallele that, but I suppose it doesn't need to. As long as it's cool enough to do Mewtwo justice, I'll be happy.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
Would anyone be disappointed if Ice Climbers were taken out? They were in one game. And fyi Sheik WAS very important. She progressed the OoT story quite well, and kept people intrigued throughout the whole game. She has one of the most memorable moments in the LoZ series, even of all games of all times.

But maybe I'm just defending her because I'm a huge OoT fan. :} heh heh

MasterGary

Smash Ace
You people seem to jump to conclusions too quickly. Just because you saw Zero Zuit Samus doing Sheik's breakdance kick you think that she will replace Sheik? That's like saying that because some one had a neutral aerial kick they will replace somebody else with a neutral aerial kick.

P.S. almost evrywun has the same neutral aerial kick.

Akebo

Smash Apprentice
Would anyone be disappointed if Ice Climbers were taken out? They were in one game. And fyi Sheik WAS very important. She progressed the OoT story quite well, and kept people intrigued throughout the whole game. She has one of the most memorable moments in the LoZ series, even of all games of all times.

I know a lot of people would be upset if IC did. I, personally, never liked them because if you killed one, the other's basically useless.

When I think of OoT, I think of Shiek and how Zelda was a crossdresser. She did teach Link how to progress the story, and without her, the game woud be lacking that extra kick.

rm88

Smash Ace
NNID
Rm88Go
3DS FC
5241-1973-5614
I'd be upset if the ICs are gone. I really love the idea of old NES characters in Smash Bros. ICs, Pit, Balloon Fighter, Little Mac... that would be nice ^_^ They're very original, and quite good if used properly.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
I'm a little wary of Balloon Fighter. Is he gonna be good?
That's a tough question, if you've ever played the game he doesn't really do much.

-Balloon Fighter-

-A moveset-

A- flap your arms
A,A- flap your arms twice
A,A,A- flap your arms three times

-B moveset-

B- fall onto another player and pop their balloon... if they have one that is...

???
Personally I don't see Balloon Fighter as a playable character. Possibly as a Shy Guy-type level instrument, where he carries an item onto the playing field? Or maybe they could put a balloon as an item where any character gets to do a 5 jump! Yea that would be pretty cool.

D3monicWolv3s

Smash Ace

Yes, ICs rock. Would you be dissapointed if sonic didn't appear in brawl? of course someone will say yes, and others will disagree. Just a matter of opinion. Ask that about any character, and you will get "hellz yeah leave da fool" OR "Sakurai bet not leave *insert character name here* ut"

(Yes I did have to use bad grammer, to represent the people of bad grammer association, bent on annoying everyone on any forum at all times).

Anyways ICs are orginal, and a dou... which I dobt their will be alot of dous in brawl. So I don't see the harm in keeping them.

Valcam

Smash Rookie
I would prefer that ness just gets removed. He wasn't that popular in melee. To be honest, with myself, he will most likely still be in brawl due to his originality. The only people that might not return are Pichu, G&W, Doc, and Roy (even though I am starting to like Roy)
:) Hello people

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
You people seem to jump to conclusions too quickly. Just because you saw Zero Zuit Samus doing Sheik's breakdance kick you think that she will replace Sheik? That's like saying that because some one had a neutral aerial kick they will replace somebody else with a neutral aerial kick.

No sure I don't assume Sheik leaves cause of one similair move. The characters themself are already too similair, they're both transformation characters, both the faster counterpart of their real self, both have a whip, and then comes the similair moves...

Zero Suit Samus has appeared in alot of games, and was revived recently in Metroid Prime 2. Sheik is a character we probarly never gonna see back again, so even though they're not from the same franchise Brawl is still modernised a little.

Dragonstar101

Smash Journeyman
Well i know this... If they bring every character back in that was from Melee, there is a
more than a good chance that the move sets will be different because nintendo knows
that just making a rehash of the same thing would be boring to average smashers.
Sure ive seen the previews and the moves "look" the same but who knows the changes they could have made by that time.

buddy9246

Smash Ace
Next to the circle shaped square on the far side o
Well i know this... If they bring every character back in that was from Melee, there is a
more than a good chance that the move sets will be different because nintendo knows
that just making a rehash of the same thing would be boring to average smashers.
Sure ive seen the previews and the moves "look" the same but who knows the changes they could have made by that time.
Yeah, how do gannondorf and C.F have the same move set? They are 2 different characters from 2 different games yet they have similiar move sets.... go figure.... :confused: :ohwell: ....

Sjakmachien

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, how do gannondorf and C.F have the same move set? They are 2 different characters from 2 different games yet they have similiar move sets.... go figure.... :confused: :ohwell: ....
That's kinda weird, but all their stats are different. Falco is fast, falls fats, attacks fast(except for B-attacks) and weak, and Ganondorf is slow, but very strong.
I would take out Captain Falcon if I had to choose.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Except both don't need to leave, since Ganondorf was suposed to have his own moves with the sword. He'll likely have a sword based moveset in Brawl. And with C.F buddy9246 ment Captain Falcon not Falco. =/ Falco and Ganondorf are nothing alike...

Wrath`

Smash Master
C. falcon will stay obviously.
Gannon+sword=stay
Falco wont need to change derasticly if fox has already(blaster out at all times)

Rhyme

Smash Lord

In Smash 64 yes, in Melee yes, in Brawl yes. The majority of characters had a standard sex kick for their Nair, that doesn't mean anything. This was probably done with balance in mind, making sure all characters have a lasting attack which hits in a similar direction...ever notice how this is the case for almost every ariel move? That is a lousy reason.

Diddy Kong has thus far done an excelent job of saying everything I was thinking of saying, so I'm done here.

When I think of OoT, I think of Shiek and how Zelda was a crossdresser. She did teach Link how to progress the story, and without her, the game woud be lacking that extra kick.
It is true that Shiek was used to help the player progress, but that position could have easily been filled by random townspeople, a helpfully omnipresent game character, or a small voice inside the hero's head. The fact that Shiek was given this position simply means that an alternate persona was given the job above my listed suggestions. Having not had any significant role since OoT, it would be very safe to say that Shiek will be leaving.

???
Personally I don't see Balloon Fighter as a playable character. Possibly as a Shy Guy-type level instrument, where he carries an item onto the playing field? Or maybe they could put a balloon as an item where any character gets to do a 5 jump! Yea that would be pretty cool.
Supposedly, Balloon Fighter was planned for Melee, his weapon of choice being the "Flipper" item. I'm not exactly sure why he was removed, and I don't think his chances for Brawl are too good either if he was cut from the Melee roster, but there's always that chance.

One thing I was JUST thinking about...why is Luigi the only clonish character in Smash 64?

Gannon+sword=stay
Falco wont need to change derasticly if fox has already(blaster out at all times)
Dorf will stay, but not with his sword. If memory serves, Stryks introduced this idea: He was supposed to use that sword in an upcoming Zelda game, but then that game didn't release and Nintendo didn't have enough time to make another unique moveset. Maybe I explained it wrong and need help, but the point is that Ganon wasn't supposed to be a clone. Either way, Ganon will come back, but with a new moveset.

Rhyme

Smash Lord
That 'Wolf for Brawl' pic is HOTNESS! Have you done one for Dark Samus that I could get my fingers on?

As for the returning characters, I'd say Falco has a fairly good chance. Shiek and Pichu, not so much. Not sure why I'm posting this crap anyways, though, because it's so apperantly my opinion, and what do you people care?

For this moment we have no solid proof for any of those characters.:ohwell:

the_air_up_there7

Smash Ace
Laredo Texas (training mode), offseason :)
Oh nop I don't have a dark samus one, notice I didn't make it, I found it. Why not a zero suit samus? She looks better, and it appears that she moves like sheik.......or is it just my immagination? Why isn't there any news yet???? Oh well I just hope falco is confirmed and I don't mind a new move set.

buddy9246

Smash Ace
Next to the circle shaped square on the far side o
Gannon+sword=stay
I think Falco's moveset should change. Why should 2 characters have the same/similar moveset?

How about you can customize characters? make them heavy or light? fast or slow? nah, nevermind..:confused: :ohwell: :) :chuckle:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Pichu is pretty much gone, since he's unpopulair a younger version of another character, and there are better characters out there.

Sheik, well we've discussed this alot. Alot of diffrent opinions, but I say she's gone. Reasons? Well I've gave quite a few even in this page...

Falco, I want him to get a new moveset. But Wolf O'Donnel might take his place, Krystal is also a good character... I just don't think StarFox needs 4 characters but it could go either way I guess.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I think Starfox deserves to have 4 [if not more] characters, Starfox has been around since 1991 [my birth year yay! but I could be wrong] and is actually considered a flagship series for Nintendo. Metroid, Zelda and DK series need to have more representatives, especially if characters are leaving.

I could care less about Pokemon but I guess 2 more [if you remove pichu] isn't too many.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
5 StarFox characters?! There was a discussion about 5 Fire Emblem characters which everyone agreed was an outragerous number, and the series are around just as long as StarFox. And really, besides Wolf and Krystal I can't see any serious character worth adding... =/

If Sheik and Young Link are leaving, I think they should add atleast Midna and another Zelda character, don't really care who. 5 Characters is alot! Dr.Mario IS leaving, so that leaves Mario with 4 characters too... Maybe they get another one but 6 is even too much for Mario I think.

DK and Metroid should only get one new character, namely Diddy Kong and Ridley. More DK characters would ALWAYS be appreciated my be, SURE! ;) But realisticly, I don't expect more to come. However, those two are a MUST!

Red Exodus

Smash Master
5 StarFox characters?! There was a discussion about 5 Fire Emblem characters which everyone agreed was an outragerous number, and the series are around just as long as StarFox. And really, besides Wolf and Krystal I can't see any serious character worth adding... =/
I meant 4 Starfox characters in all. Which means Fox, Falco, Krystal and Wolf are the prime candidates to fill those holes. Other characters in the game don't matter too much so I guess it's pointless to include them, unless they find a way to make Andross work.

Remember, Sakurai wants the game to have 30+ characters, if you take out the clones [cept Falco and GD, maybe Roy but I doubt it] and the obvious ones leaving [like Pichu, Shiek and Doc], you'll have about 5 spaces to fill to get the same number of characters melee had, and the game is likely to come with 40 characters.

Too lazy to elaborate, I have to come off the computer.

MasterGary

Smash Ace
Everyone is saying they know for sure that certain characters are leaving and certain characters are confirmed... how in the world do you know? If someone has a site that would be loverly! :}
There are things called "TRAILERS". Ever heard of them? And currently there are 10 confirmed characters : Mario
Fox
Pikachu
Kirby
Link
Wario
Snake
Zero Suit Samus/Samus
Meta Knight
Pit.

Stryks

Smash Hero
That 'Wolf for Brawl' pic is HOTNESS! Have you done one for Dark Samus that I could get my fingers on?

As for the returning characters, I'd say Falco has a fairly good chance. Shiek and Pichu, not so much. Not sure why I'm posting this crap anyways, though, because it's so apperantly my opinion, and what do you people care?

For this moment we have no solid proof for any of those characters.:ohwell:
Lol I made that wolf pic (its the one with Leon as well rite?) and yes there is a Dark samus pic:

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
There are things called "TRAILERS". Ever heard of them? And currently there are 10 confirmed characters : Mario
Fox
Pikachu
Kirby
Link
Wario
Snake
Zero Suit Samus/Samus
Meta Knight
Pit.
Thanks smartass. No! I'm talking about people saying that characters other than the ones in the trailer are either old ones that didn't make it and brand new ones that made the cut.

Rhyme

Smash Lord
If Sheik and Young Link are leaving, I think they should add atleast Midna and another Zelda character, don't really care who. 5 Characters is alot! Dr.Mario IS leaving, so that leaves Mario with 4 characters too... Maybe they get another one but 6 is even too much for Mario I think.
Hm..? Mario, Luigi, Bowser, Peach, Yoshi...that's 5 already, not 4. I don't think 6 is too many for Mushroom Kingdom, just adding Wario makes 6 and Waluigi would be 7 so the latter probably won't make it. Then again, none of us CAN say for sure. And I think you are right about Starfox, 4 is plenty.

Lol I made that wolf pic (its the one with Leon as well rite?) and yes there is a Dark samus pic:

Wow..."..."......that's amazing. May I use that in my signature?

Thanks smartass. No! I'm talking about people saying that characters other than the ones in the trailer are either old ones that didn't make it and brand new ones that made the cut.
Meh, we're making inferences based on facts and sometimes other inferences. However, not to be a smart-*** as well, but if you didn't want an unproven opinion, you shouldn't have come here.

Top Bottom