• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official "Who is going to return?" topic

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
I can't stand to go up against my twin brother when he picks Marth in his white outfit. I feel your pain Dynamic Duo. Still, we're pretty even when I wanna get serious and pick my boy Falco.

Ipslne

Smash Journeyman
If you're getting hit by Marth's counter, it's because your strategies become far too predictable. If they get rid of moves like Marth/Roy's down-b, no one will ever learn to change it up.

Wrath`

Smash Master
Trippy ippy is back?.

Buddy over there is just mad becuse i almost have his fox ownd with roy and i know how to counter correctly

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
They should give every1 counters, wall jumps, and that cool new looking crawl move, (hopefully a move or two to counter those cheap grabs, and is counter proof) or just plain take it out (lol the 1st time I faced my cousin, all he did wa counters, and he was 95% on with it, so all I did was grab combos with Link. Try that against him, but I'd prefer you Link, YLink, or Samus due to whip and hookshots as grabs, and it is ironic I'm saying this after calling grabs cheap (in Melee only), lol!) I still believe every1 should stay just becuase it probablly some1s favoirte character, they get mad, and never play the ssb series again (Nintendo's fan base would be mad, or at least parts of it, and Nintendo would lose royal followers, which is never good). I would be mad if Young Link didn't return, just because he is the 2nd least of a exact copy-like character (Mewtwo is least, then YLink, Jigglypuff, Luigi, Ganondorf, Pichu, Dr. Mario, Roy, Falco), in my book at least. Plus, I use him and adult Link completely diffrently, and I exploit their strengths as well as others weakness with both of them very well (I take you all on to keep him in!!!). I also believe it would be neat to have the Ice Climbers come back, and even have a option or slot as them indivdually (with their normal selves from Melee returning to, of course, with better bots). And Pichu needs to be more like Pichu and less like Pickachu, and every character needs a lot of tweaking, wheater they good now or not. Ness needs to be more simplistic and funner, Mewtow needs better B attacks, Fox and Falco (and Roy and Marth) need to stop posing each others moves and find their own individual style. But overall, I don't really mind the cloning (though i still feel YLink and Link are totally diffrent, just see my style with them....like Ganondorf, then Fox, lol), and I think whining about characters being "clones" or "copys" is stupid. It one thing if you dead hate a character (why not just asked 4 that character to change?), but hating it cause it like another....who cares? I also want Blood Falcon to take over the current, hugely successful (possibly most successful and least changes needed?) Ganondorf, while Ganondorf really becomes himself with his sword (OOT, TP) or swords (TWW). Every character needs to be more basd off their series, and if Link and Fox haven't taught us anything from the original SSB (i didn't like either of them, now Link my fav, Fox my 4th fav), it is that a little tweaking there, a change there makes all the diffrence, and you can go from being not liked that much, to top of the line (o ya! Make characters more individual!

Keep all even YLink (especially, or I won't care wat new characters they add, I stick with Melee as my fav Super Smash game fools!!!), Marth, Roy (make diffrent plz...Nintendo possibly), Doc (don't be hating on the doc...he might prescribe u a knuckle sandwich rite in the face), Pichu (don't clone off Pickachu/ add Raichu), Jigglypuff (they gonna keep original 12, no matter wat), Falco (who wants to remove Falco? BRING IT!), Mewtwo (one of the only Pokemon I actually like who needs lots of improvements...but gonna be ready for his prime in BRAWL), Ice Climbers (need more strength...and a possiblity of splitting into seperate characters and using their own abilities while still keeping them together as a option), Yoshi (needs possibly the most work, and needs more non-spitting, licking, and chewing attacks and more punches, kicks, headbutts, etc.!), G&W (he sweet, just not my style....but he can still hang with us!), Luigi (needs a lot of work, and HIS REAL VOICE, not some WEAK MARIO COPY!), Peach (she owns....I ot random crazy skill with her, lol! It was funny when I found that out...)! KEEP ALL OLD CHARACTERS, COURSES, ITEMS, AND OPTIONS! JUST FIX, TWEAK, REDO, OR RECREATE WHAT NEEDS WORKING ON! DARTH VADER FOR BRAWL!

Vex47

Smash Rookie
I love Jigglypuff but I'm wondering if they'll keep her. Nintendo might not consider her an important character.

Devastlian

Smash Lord
OMG GUYS!!!!!111111111111111

On the back of the SSBM box it's catchphrase type thing is "The All-Star Brawl is On!" They knew!!!!!! They always knew!!!!!!!

Also, do you guys think that the catchphrase type thingy on the SSBB box will say "The All-Star Melee is On!" or will it say "The All-Star [insert SSB4 subtitle here]!?!?!?!?!?!?

Well, what do you guys think!?!?!?!?!?!?1/1/1/1/

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Mr. G&W still has a chance. If All-Star mode returns, so will G&W. As a reminder, All-Star mode in Melee consists of 24 characters whose order is chosen randomly. The last match is always 25 Game & Watches. It wouldn't make sense to have 25 of any other character. So in other words, All-Star mode's return is clearly dependent on Mr. Game & Watch's return.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986

On the back of the SSBM box it's catchphrase type thing is "The All-Star Brawl is On!" They knew!!!!!! They always knew!!!!!!!

Also, do you guys think that the catchphrase type thingy on the SSBB box will say "The All-Star Melee is On!" or will it say "The All-Star [insert SSB4 subtitle here]!?!?!?!?!?!?

I can't believe that I didn't notice that either. I tend to overlook "clues" that prophecise future things to come. I just hope it doesn't say on the back of the box "The last installment of Smash is here!" That would be a very gloomy day indeed.:(

Meta_Owns_Ur_Dad

Smash Ace
pichu won't return, ganondorf NEEDS a new moveset if hes coming back. Also Mewtwon needs to be heavier and stronger if he's gonna be in brawl. Roy or marth should not make it.
Ness... personally i don't think he will come back. I don't think Young link should come back, but maybe...hmmmmmmm...

Red Exodus

Smash Master
Fixed....sorta

They should give every1 counters, wall jumps, and that cool new looking crawl move, (hopefully a move or two to counter those cheap grabs, and is counter proof) or just plain take it out (lol the 1st time I faced my cousin, all he did wa counters, and he was 95% on with it, so all I did was grab combos with Link.

Try that against him, but I'd prefer you Link, YLink, or Samus due to whip and hookshots as grabs, and it is ironic I'm saying this after calling grabs cheap (in Melee only), lol!) I still believe every1 should stay just becuase it probablly some1s favoirte character, they get mad, and never play the ssb series again (Nintendo's fan base would be mad, or at least parts of it, and Nintendo would lose royal followers, which is never good). I would be mad if Young Link didn't return, just because he is the 2nd least of a exact copy-like character (Mewtwo is least, then YLink, Jigglypuff, Luigi, Ganondorf, Pichu, Dr. Mario, Roy, Falco), in my book at least.

Plus, I use him and adult Link completely diffrently, and I exploit their strengths as well as others weakness with both of them very well (I take you all on to keep him in!!!). I also believe it would be neat to have the Ice Climbers come back, and even have a option or slot as them indivdually (with their normal selves from Melee returning to, of course, with better bots). And Pichu needs to be more like Pichu and less like Pickachu, and every character needs a lot of tweaking, wheater they good now or not.

Ness needs to be more simplistic and funner, Mewtow needs better B attacks, Fox and Falco (and Roy and Marth) need to stop posing each others moves and find their own individual style. But overall, I don't really mind the cloning (though i still feel YLink and Link are totally diffrent, just see my style with them....like Ganondorf, then Fox, lol), and I think whining about characters being "clones" or "copys" is stupid.

It one thing if you dead hate a character (why not just asked 4 that character to change?), but hating it cause it like another....who cares? I also want Blood Falcon to take over the current, hugely successful (possibly most successful and least changes needed?) Ganondorf, while Ganondorf really becomes himself with his sword (OOT, TP) or swords (TWW).

Every character needs to be more basd off their series, and if Link and Fox haven't taught us anything from the original SSB (i didn't like either of them, now Link my fav, Fox my 4th fav), it is that a little tweaking there, a change there makes all the diffrence, and you can go from being not liked that much, to top of the line (o ya! Make characters more individual!

Keep all even YLink (especially, or I won't care wat new characters they add, I stick with Melee as my fav Super Smash game fools!!!), Marth, Roy (make diffrent plz...Nintendo possibly), Doc (don't be hating on the doc...he might prescribe u a knuckle sandwich rite in the face), Pichu (don't clone off Pickachu/ add Raichu), Jigglypuff (they gonna keep original 12, no matter wat), Falco (who wants to remove Falco? BRING IT!), Mewtwo (one of the only Pokemon I actually like who needs lots of improvements...but gonna be ready for his prime in BRAWL), Ice Climbers (need more strength...and a possiblity of splitting into seperate characters and using their own abilities while still keeping them together as a option), Yoshi (needs possibly the most work, and needs more non-spitting, licking, and chewing attacks and more punches, kicks, headbutts, etc.!), G&W (he sweet, just not my style....but he can still hang with us!), Luigi (needs a lot of work, and HIS REAL VOICE, not some WEAK MARIO COPY!), Peach (she owns....I ot random crazy skill with her, lol! It was funny when I found that out...)! KEEP ALL OLD CHARACTERS, COURSES, ITEMS, AND OPTIONS! JUST FIX, TWEAK, REDO, OR RECREATE WHAT NEEDS WORKING ON! DARTH VADER FOR BRAWL!
Okay, I tried my best but you post lacks full stops and has way too many parethesises [sp?]. Maybe we can read without burning holes in our retinas.

P.S. Some this stuff makes no sense [such as spliting the ICs up and putting in darth vader] so no one might even bother responding it.

IKillCauseOfVGs

Smash Cadet
I really really want G&W to return, but it's doubtful. They'll probably replace him with another weird character like that Balloon Guy or something. The only one I want to see back is Roy, and since that obviously isn't gonna happen, I've decided to just wait it out.

As for that massive black hole that johnknight considers a post, a lot of it doesn't make sense. If everyone had counter, then it would A) be easier to spam and B) be less special for the few that can use it. Also, lots of the people you want to return are hands down the worst ones. Roy will not return. He had a tiny part in FE and he was pretty bad in Melee (this coming from someone who mains him). Pichu is good as gone because it's a clone, and a really bad one at that. They'll take out clones so there can be more original characters. Mewto sucked in melee, and he's been out of the public eye for years now. If there's gonna be another pokemon than it will be a newer one, not something from ages ago. Doc is a clone, he might be a costume, but I would rather have someone else. Blood Falcon is the same thing. Stop asking for clones that are basically the same except stronger, just ask for a better character.

titus

Smash Journeyman
pichu won't return, ganondorf NEEDS a new moveset if hes coming back. Also Mewtwon needs to be heavier and stronger if he's gonna be in brawl. Roy or marth should not make it.
Ness... personally i don't think he will come back. I don't think Young link should come back, but maybe...hmmmmmmm...

roy or marth shouldn't make it?
that is bull&*$#! at least one of them if not both should be in brawl.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Or main a new character? Characters are gonna change anyway...

H3L105

Smash Cadet

Hellz no, boy! Young Link needs to come back with some Majora's Mask swag. Gilded sword, mirror shield, Fierce Deity's mask, etc... I agree with the Ness part though...he was so much better in regular Smash than he was in Melee.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I really really want G&W to return, but it's doubtful. They'll probably replace him with another weird character like that Balloon Guy or something. The only one I want to see back is Roy, and since that obviously isn't gonna happen, I've decided to just wait it out.

As for that massive black hole that johnknight considers a post, a lot of it doesn't make sense. If everyone had counter, then it would A) be easier to spam and B) be less special for the few that can use it. Also, lots of the people you want to return are hands down the worst ones. Roy will not return. He had a tiny part in FE and he was pretty bad in Melee (this coming from someone who mains him). Pichu is good as gone because it's a clone, and a really bad one at that. They'll take out clones so there can be more original characters. Mewto sucked in melee, and he's been out of the public eye for years now. If there's gonna be another pokemon than it will be a newer one, not something from ages ago. Doc is a clone, he might be a costume, but I would rather have someone else. Blood Falcon is the same thing. Stop asking for clones that are basically the same except stronger, just ask for a better character.
Wat wrong with clones? I think having 2 clones of some1 (ex Mario's Dr. Maro and somewat Luigi) is weird....1 clone okay. It not gonna ruin the game lol. I also stand behind having every character able to crawl, wall jump, and counter or no1 has it(I prefer that some can have counters rather than dropping it, but more attacks are needed like Mario's Cape to reflect attacks). But also every character needs a attack that is uncounterable if counters in Brawl. There also needs to be a attack that counters grabs and does a more damage that a quick grab I still think Mewtwo jsut needs improvements, and poosible reform (as does every character!), and they need to be more based off their games then cloning. I asked for upgraded characters, who r less of clone! I asked for CHARACTERS BASED MORE OFF THE GAMES THAT MADE THEM, RATHER THAN JUST CLONING! Ganondorf and Falco were total clones (and they 2 of my favs, don't get me wrong), and they were massively popular. And how is YLink hands down 1 of the worst character? U c me with him, or ppl I no, u would change ur mind. My stragegys with him, as well as Link is totally diffrent. I agree, he needs work, but tell me this: WHICH CHARACTER DOESN'T? I am asking for a better character, by reviviving dead ones (pichu is more of an advertisement for a younger audience, rather than a character). I want every character to return, but if Pichu doesn't return it will barely bug me, if at all...YLink would enrage me! I don't like how ppl just say "get rid of them" when all u gotta do is fix them...

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
And that has to do with Game and watch how??

That show if soo old I forgot the name.
It doesn't really have anything to do with Mr. Game & Watch, it's just my own way of saying "No!"

Also, the show's called Freakizoid!, and there was this one scene of the show where Freakizoid himself was arguing with Wakko from Animaniacs and The Brain from Pinky and the Brain about which one of them was Steven Speilberg's favorite.

But that's off topic. I say Mr. Game & Watch will return!

buddy9246

Smash Ace
Next to the circle shaped square on the far side o
It doesn't really have anything to do with Mr. Game & Watch, it's just my own way of saying "No!"

Also, the show's called Freakizoid!, and there was this one scene of the show where Freakizoid himself was arguing with Wakko from Animaniacs and The Brain from Pinky and the Brain about which one of them was Steven Speilberg's favorite.

But that's off topic. I say Mr. Game & Watch will return!
yeah, I remember all those shows, "freakizoid, freakizoid"; "animaniacs, and were zanny to the facts"; "with pinky, pinky and the brain brain brain brain." lol!

Rhyme

Smash Lord

Wow. I'm speachless, it's a good thing I can still type.

I can't believe that I didn't notice that either. I tend to overlook "clues" that prophecise future things to come. I just hope it doesn't say on the back of the box "The last installment of Smash is here!" That would be a very gloomy day indeed.:(
OMG no, don't even say that! Premonitions...beware. 0.0

Wrath`

Smash Master
On the back of the box IC is mentioned when pika and c falcon are not..What could that mean?It also has somthing about sezers,what could that mean ?

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Rhyme rite....don't say that plz! Don't Jinx it (the pokemon or the SSB! Plz don't Jynx it)! I hope it not the last SSB game....that would make me sad, wat next the end of Mario, DK, LOZ, Star Fox, Kirbys' Dreamland Series, and Metroid? I sad enough some characters might or probablly won't return, and Metroid Prime 3 Courruption is the last Prime game (not the end of Metroid, don't sweat). 4 some strange reason Freakazoid reminded me of a combination of Nightshroud (Batman series) and the Anamaiacs! I wonder y (lol). Its Pibnky, Pinky and the Brain, Brain (8x, lol).
As 4 the All-Star Brawl thing, you right. I have no life and have looked at and read the back, front, and manual for Melee a lot, and have memorized much of it randomly (yae random super memory)! I gonna laugh it says "The All Star Struggle is On", or something exactly liek that, cause that means part 4...yae! DK is gonna return, no doubt. Diddy probablly coming 2, maybe with K Rool, and since more femal characters are coming, Dixie and maybe even Tiny. hint Wolf Link w/t Midna, Princess Daisy (plz be another sweet original), as well as others. I would love to see Issac and Felix from Golden Sun in BRAWL, I love that series (LOZ better though, no offence).
I would also love to see that video Rhyme had of FLUDD Mario's moveset in BRAWL, a well as Paper Mario, even Bowser Jr./Shadow Mario. Despite those thigns I would like to c more Fire Emblem, Star Fox (Krystal, Wolf, Slippy, Pigma), 2-3 LOZ (Zant, WLink w/t Midna, Ganon), maybe some random Maro characters (Daisy and Waluigi, Paper Mario, Bowser Jr./Shadow Mario of course, Maybe Wart, Toad, and Toadette even), Metroid (Ridley, Dark Samus, SA-X even, just no clones!), Birdo as another Yoshi character, but mainly F-Zero, and DK need more characters (I don't know F-Zero characters, but I do no Donkey Kong will definitely have Diddy and Dixie, even K Rool or Tiny at least....maybe Lanky (who makes more gas, him or Wario=?). Just no cmplete copies (like Mewtwo, only a lot better [no offence Mewtwo fans, he just needs a lot more work that average Melee character returning], if he even is a copy).
Its Pinky, Pinky And the Brain, Brain, Brain, Brain, Brain, Brain, Brain (spelled Brain wrong yet?), Brain, Brain, Brain. It stuck in my head now, tyvm! :psycho:

MasterGary

Smash Ace
John knight, do you even think about what your posting before you do? Almost ALL of what you say is stupid, highly unlikely or just not even worth reading.

(now i'm going to go watch my naruto and bleach)

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
It's a shock to hear that any character is leaving. The best part about Melee was seeing the original 12 still there. Everyone has a favorite/best character and taking them out in Brawl is heartbreaking. Even though characters like Bowser, Mewtwo, and G&W were terrible, seeing them out of the new cast will definitely turn off some people to the new game (which will be amazing anyway! ;) ) Even the clones have their own unique charm and magic that many people have fallen in love with. You might think I'm only saying this because my best character is Falco lolz, but no, I'm really not. My deepest condolences for anyone who's favorite/best character is absent in the next game. :( a tear shed

Rhyme

Smash Lord
Rhyme rite....don't say that plz! Don't Jinx it (the pokemon or the SSB! Plz don't Jynx it)!

I would also love to see that video Rhyme had of FLUDD Mario's moveset in BRAWL, a well as Paper Mario, even Bowser Jr./Shadow Mario.
That's not exactly what I meant. I was making a joke like the game box was giving us views of the future, not that we would jinx anything.

I never said I had a video of FLUDD Mario's moveset in Brawl. I said I wanted to see him, that I designed a moveset, and that he probably wouldn't be in

Also please, for all of us, try to use better grammar. I don't mind reading everything you have to say, but presenting intelligently makes everyone's lives easier.

:( a tear shed
A tear shed for those lost.

H3L105

Smash Cadet
Rhyme rite....don't say that plz! Don't Jinx it (the pokemon or the SSB! Plz don't Jynx it)! I hope it not the last SSB game....that would make me sad, wat next the end of Mario, DK, LOZ, Star Fox, Kirbys' Dreamland Series, and Metroid? I sad enough some characters might or probablly won't return, and Metroid Prime 3 Courruption is the last Prime game (not the end of Metroid, don't sweat). 4 some strange reason Freakazoid reminded me of a combination of Nightshroud (Batman series) and the Anamaiacs! I wonder y (lol). Its Pibnky, Pinky and the Brain, Brain (8x, lol).
As 4 the All-Star Brawl thing, you right. I have no life and have looked at and read the back, front, and manual for Melee a lot, and have memorized much of it randomly (yae random super memory)! I gonna laugh it says "The All Star Struggle is On", or something exactly liek that, cause that means part 4...yae! DK is gonna return, no doubt. Diddy probablly coming 2, maybe with K Rool, and since more femal characters are coming, Dixie and maybe even Tiny. hint Wolf Link w/t Midna, Princess Daisy (plz be another sweet original), as well as others. I would love to see Issac and Felix from Golden Sun in BRAWL, I love that series (LOZ better though, no offence).
I would also love to see that video Rhyme had of FLUDD Mario's moveset in BRAWL, a well as Paper Mario, even Bowser Jr./Shadow Mario. Despite those thigns I would like to c more Fire Emblem, Star Fox (Krystal, Wolf, Slippy, Pigma), 2-3 LOZ (Zant, WLink w/t Midna, Ganon), maybe some random Maro characters (Daisy and Waluigi, Paper Mario, Bowser Jr./Shadow Mario of course, Maybe Wart, Toad, and Toadette even), Metroid (Ridley, Dark Samus, SA-X even, just no clones!), Birdo as another Yoshi character, but mainly F-Zero, and DK need more characters (I don't know F-Zero characters, but I do no Donkey Kong will definitely have Diddy and Dixie, even K Rool or Tiny at least....maybe Lanky (who makes more gas, him or Wario=?). Just no cmplete copies (like Mewtwo, only a lot better [no offence Mewtwo fans, he just needs a lot more work that average Melee character returning], if he even is a copy).
Its Pinky, Pinky And the Brain, Brain, Brain, Brain, Brain, Brain, Brain (spelled Brain wrong yet?), Brain, Brain, Brain. It stuck in my head now, tyvm! :psycho:

Umm...I respect you for defending Young Link's Brawl comeback earlier, but...you have GOT to learn how to type. Otherwise, people won't take your opinions seriously before they even read your post.

H3L105

Smash Cadet
And after reading Rhyme's post, I have just realized how pointless my last post was.

Stryks

Smash Hero
^^^
Yes, yes it was...
Also JohnKnight cmon man seperate the text, when someone see a post like that, its rarely said cause u dont do any seperations or anything...

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
It's a shock to hear that any character is leaving. The best part about Melee was seeing the original 12 still there. Everyone has a favorite/best character and taking them out in Brawl is heartbreaking. Even though characters like Bowser, Mewtwo, and G&W were terrible, seeing them out of the new cast will definitely turn off some people to the new game (which will be amazing anyway! ;) ) Even the clones have their own unique charm and magic that many people have fallen in love with. You might think I'm only saying this because my best character is Falco lolz, but no, I'm really not. My deepest condolences for anyone who's favorite/best character is absent in the next game. :( a tear shed
U rite, can't help but feel bad (sorry about no spaces, look at my location and time on...that might tell you how well I was thinking, lol). And rhyme i no u were joking, jsut wanted 2 make it randomly dramatic. Dang, I went on to much

I still hope they change YLink into Phantom Hourlass lLink (same as The Wind Waker Link, just older), or Majora's Mask Link. That would be much better than OOT YLink, just merely because that YLink is the youngest and lightest Link possibly...and PH YLink is a lot more original.

I feel bad 4 ppl who lose their favorite characters in the BRAWL cuts. I still think only 1-3 characters at most will be cut. It highly unlikely they cut all clones. Plus u can expect to see more Fire Emblem, Star Fox, and DK characters. Each of these series will have 3 or 4 characters, easily.

Man I can't wait for BRAWL, and I gotta stop typing at 3 in the morning; I just can't wait for BRAWL, Prime 3, and Super Mario Galaxy. I on the edge of my seat, waiting for a new major BRAWL announcement, or a new trailer! Then again, who isn't?

Top Bottom