• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official "Who is going to return?" topic

Rhyme

Smash Lord
Some people there have too much potential to be clones, like Daisy. If you want Daisy pick Peach and press X or Y a few times, she's already in Melee.
Sorry, it's not you, it's me. I just wanted a post like this so I could talk about how much I can't stand to see people do this.

It doesn't matter that Daisy's costume is in Melee, it's still Peach! People argue this all the time and they couldn't be more wrong. Peach and Daisy are clearly two completely different people, yet changing to that costume DOES NOT change one miniscule detail about the character gameplay wise, because it's still the same character!

So, we can now conclude that:

Peach's yellow costume is not Daisy,
Mario's yellow costume is not Wario,
Samus' black costume is not Dark Samus.

I feel better after venting. Feel free to not respond.

Of course! I see potential in Waluigi.

Daisy, in my opinon, seems way too much like Peach to be in Brawl.
As much as I can tell that you two enjoy arguing over Daisy/Waluigi, what significance does it serve? Could either of you please say why your character deserves to be in rather than shoot down the other person's character? I'm actually interested to hear this because, up until now, I honestly didn't think that neither Daisy nor Waluigi stood a realistic chance of making the Brawl roster.

M

+9999999999
NNID
Meteor
As much as I can tell that you two enjoy arguing over Daisy/Waluigi, what significance does it serve? Could either of you please say why your character deserves to be in rather than shoot down the other person's character? I'm actually interested to hear this because, up until now, I honestly didn't think that neither Daisy nor Waluigi stood a realistic chance of making the Brawl roster.
Are you referring to me too? I made my big point in the Waluigi thread.

Rhyme

Smash Lord
Actually, I was referring to Brawlmatt and Stryks, but thanks for responding anyway. I might just swing by the Waluigi discussion thread later then, currently half-beaking some physics homework.

Rhyme

Smash Lord
Thanks I saw it. I also tried to return your private message, but recieved an error message which told me that you had chosen to not recieve PMs. The unique changes you made to Leach Seed were nice, hopefully not considered too broken. Those suggestions weren't so much directed towards you as they were towards skeptics of our quadripedal friend.

I did read your long post in the Waluigi thread, I think it was on the second page from the end or so? You cited several referrences to previous games Waluigi played in, among other things, I can't remember them at the moment. I never played any game featuring Waluigi before Mario Party 4 I believe(he joined MP3 but I didn't play that one).

But regardless, I ramble...also I suppose given the fact that this argument exists elsewhere, no information would be necessary to defend your point here. We would just be spreading the discussion across two topics, and that ain't cool.

Stryks

Smash Hero
I dont actualyl want daisy in brawl, the guy just said daisy doesnt stand a chance, so I said "like waluigi is een better" and thus the debate started, I doubt both make it in, but I ca easily c daisy in, she can easily use tomboy-ish moves, while waluigi, who has never had a big role in a mari game wouldnt fit in brawl...

M

+9999999999
NNID
Meteor
Okay, let's put this behind us and get back to topic.........

Pichu, I know he wasn't popular in melee, but if he was changed a little he wouldn't be so bad, what do you guys think?

stryderhyru

Smash Journeyman
id chose sheik ^_^

i think she shuld be in it bcuz she was a awsome char.... other poeple say difrently but meh shes good in my book :)

Sugoi_boy

Smash Cadet
I have to go with my gut on this one;

Y-link must return. I can play a Big-Link, but the differences in versatility between Young Link and his older form are undeniable. Y-Link lacks the spikes and raw power, but he's fast and he's stout. He isn't as user-friendly because of his lag (that has to be dealt with). A good Y-link can take the lag cuts and run with them, turning L-canceling into an art form. I have strange theory though...

If you watch the Brawl trailers, notice that Link is hell-a-fast. Also is interim time is drastically shorter. What if they just mixed the speed and agility of Young Link with the power and reach of Big Link?

P3L!C@N

Smash Cadet
Okay, let's put this behind us and get back to topic.........

Pichu, I know he wasn't popular in melee, but if he was changed a little he wouldn't be so bad, what do you guys think?
I agree. If Pichu was given a moveset more suited for smaller pokemon he/she deserves to stay. In melee his moveset was identical to pikachu's except for the fact that his moves were "power" moves. Power moves being like, unlike pikachu's multiple hit down smash, pichu just hits. This is kinda like Luigi and Mario except Luigi's just hella better than Mario. Luigi has moves that distinguish him from Mario. Pichu has an identical moveset as Pikachu with different effects.

Thoughts are welcome.

^_^

P3L!C@N

Smash Cadet
If they mixed the speed and agility of Y.Link with the power and reach of Link, are you saying that should be the only Link character?

Sugoi_boy

Smash Cadet
If they mixed the speed and agility of Y.Link with the power and reach of Link, are you saying that should be the only Link character?
exactly ^_^ isn't it brilliant?!? (and decidedly Japanese) why have two pieces of a pwnge puzzle when you can just put them together? ^_^ i really hope thats what they do. i heard stupid rumors of Windwaker link instead of Y-link (which would be the same thing give or take a few special moves). My feelings about these allegations are mostly negative, but how can we really know what Shiggy is up to over there?

Devastlian

Smash Lord
I think all of the (returning) cloned characters should gain elements from their clones and then the (returning) clones from SSBM should just be made as new. Or maybe split the shared moves between the clone and clonees and fill in the blanks on both characters with new moves.

I think I've mentioned this before now that I think about it...

And Mr. Sakurai's in charge of this game not Mr. Miyamoto. :p

Also...Young Link is wearing pants...<.<

Sugoi_boy

Smash Cadet
I think all of the (returning) cloned characters should gain elements from their clones and then the (returning) clones from SSBM should just be made as new. Or maybe split the shared moves between the clone and clonees and fill in the blanks on both characters with new moves.

I think I've mentioned this before now that I think about it...

And Mr. Sakurai's in charge of this game not Mr. Miyamoto. :p

Also...Young Link is wearing pants...<.<

i agree, elements would be cool, but it seems that the simplicity of smash bros could be lost. WWLink wears pants yeah, but OoT Y-link doesnt ^_^

btw, DeeDeeDee would be pretty awesome

Rhyme

Smash Lord
I'm not sure if it would be better to put this in the Confirmed thread.

http://imdb.com/title/tt0928380/

It lists Ganondorf's voice actor, which pretty much confirms him to be in game.
Welcome newcomer!

Just had to get that out of my system...now for your post. No, this does not garuntee that Ganondorf will be in Brawl, and the only reason being that this isn't official Nintendo information. That listing makes him semi-confirmed at best, but even assuming that might be a stretch.

Don't worry about it too much. Ganondorf is practically garunteed a spot on the roster anyway, whoever wrote that probably figured on it when they posted. Just try not to believe every rumor you hear.

Devastlian

Smash Lord
Well, they could redo WW Link with a more realistic style like they did with twenty-five of the characters in SSBM and eleven of the revealed characters in SSBB.

Also, you spelled guarantee wrong, Rhyme. :/

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
Welcome newcomer!

Just had to get that out of my system...now for your post. No, this does not garuntee that Ganondorf will be in Brawl, and the only reason being that this isn't official Nintendo information. That listing makes him semi-confirmed at best, but even assuming that might be a stretch.

Don't worry about it too much. Ganondorf is practically garunteed a spot on the roster anyway, whoever wrote that probably figured on it when they posted. Just try not to believe every rumor you hear.
You don't need to be a psychic to predict that Ganon will definately be in the game. I'm mean c'mon, reoccuring tight villain's like Ganon will most likely more than not make it to Brawl. Confirmed or unconfirmed, my boy Ganon will be makin a comeback; at least I how he does. *Gulp*

Stryks

Smash Hero
^^^
Agree ganon will surely return, and will get a new moveset while hes at it, id expect him to use the sword of sages, his primary weapon in TP, thus: anon with a sword = new moveset...

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
Lets just hope that Sakurai's development team don't mold Ganon's Twilight Princess look and merge it with his Wind Waker look. That would suck big time. Just look at how Fox turned out.

TP Ganon + WW Ganon= Gay

Stryks

Smash Hero
Doubt it, sakurai used fox's new look (DS look) and just added some killer details, ganondorf will surely have his TP look, his most updated look, and give him some features as well, doubt he'll merge versions of characters, besides I dont want fat ganondorf in brawl...

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
Same here Stryks. Fat Ganon is a huge no no. His swords were tight but that's about it. I have dubbed Wind Waker Ganon into "Disney Ganon" cause that's what he looks like. Also, if he makes it into Brawl, I don't want him to have a carpet for a cape either. Sorry guys, but when it comes to my boy Ganon I have to be picky, very picky.

Rhyme

Smash Lord

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
:embarrass That's what I get for not spell checking.

Shake that doubt dear boy!

Most recent weapon vs coolest weapon

How does one rightfully decide?
But Sakurai's old school and he might give Ganon the boot! *Gasp* He isn't exactly trustworthy. He hasn't even come out with a freakin new trailer. Slacker!

Maybe they can give Ganon a new moveset along with Ganon's Capt. Falconish old moveset. A mixed moveset would suffice. Problem solved.

Rhyme

Smash Lord
How did we go from Ganondorf getting a new moveset to Ganondorf getting the stinky boot? That transition makes little to no sense, even given Sakurai's ambiguity. Ganon would only inherit moves from Falcon if Falcon was given a complete work over. My best guess would be that it is easier to slightly adjust Falcon and completely rework Ganon, the other alternative being to mix Ganon and Falcon's moveset for Ganon providing for little resemblance to Zelda games, and make a new Falcon. See how the mixture isn't the best of ideas?

Unless you were suggesting that Falcon be a mixture of the two Melee characters, in which case I would agree with you.

H3L105

Smash Cadet
Hmm...I think WW Ganon would still be pretty cool, even though they might use TP Ganon. Had Pit not been in the game(don't get me wrong, Pit looks awesome) WW Ganon would have had a better chance because his dual blades would be unique. But I guess it's more likely to say they'll use TP Ganon because they're using TP Link. [possibly a unique boss for Link???]

Top Bottom