• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official "Who is going to return?" topic

Da Man

Smash Lord
NNID
Tendoman77
Yeah, so that means charaters like Yoshi, Ness and C.Falcon might or will return in Brawl.
Also I don't mind having some of the Meele charaters e.g Ice Climbers, Mr Game & Watch and Mewtwo return in Brawl.

Muffin_man

Smash Journeyman
I would like somebody to give me atleast one good reason, other than how some idiot manage so successfully spread a rumour about him being removed, as to why Mr. Game & Watch should leave, because frankley, I don't think there is or ever will be a reason.

Pvt. Falcon

Smash Apprentice
I'd say the rest of the original 12 are very, very likely. They all represent the various major franchises of Nintendo's history.

Out of the Melee-added characters, I'd say Peach, Bowser, Zelda, Ganondorf, Marth, and Mewtwo are likely to return, as they are all major and original characters.

Here is what I think is the order of who could be cut, starting with the most likely:

1. Dr.Mario
2. Young Link
3. Roy
4. Pichu
5. Ice Climbers
6. Sheik
7. Mr.Game&Watch
8. Falco
Cut Falco? OUT OF SMASH? Vile heretic.

Anyway, the original 12 and the more popular chars of Melee should return.

And, cut Mewtwo. Or make em' better

Pvt. Falcon

Smash Apprentice
Maybes or redone
Young Link
Falco
Ice climbers
Doc Mario
Mewtwo
Ganondorf
Zelda( have Her and Sheik seperate)

Cut list
Jigglypuff
Pichu
CUT JIGGYPUFF!?!!??!

This is blasphemous. Everyone wants my mains cut whether or not they even know I exist!
Go ahead. Someone say "cut capt. falcon".

Sorry for.... that. I would prefer the zelda-shiek separation. (and mewtwo changes)

Iggy K

Smash Ace
Quadruple post? Wow. Edit button's there for a reason. And Mewtwo shouldn't be cut, just made better.

Somasu

Smash Ace
I honestly don't think anyone should be removed. Modifications should definitely be made, such as making Mewtwo a lot better, like everyone said, but noone should really be removed. I mean, they didn't remove anyone from SSB to SSBM, so why would they remove anyone from SSBM to SSBB? Also, taking away characters could really lose some fanbase from people, which wouldn't be good for sales.

As I said, what really should be done instead of removing characters is updating them. Work with the clone characters to give them their own moveset, or at least Luigify them. Tweak with some of the characters' speed, recovery, etc., like they did for Melee. Then maybe find some way to add in extra attacks, if they have any extra time.

Main thing is, I'd rather them work on perfecting the characters, rather than them deciding who to take out.

Kabyk-Greenmyst

Smash Lord
1) I don't think it's going to take up much time for them [mainly Sakurai] to decide who to take out. Thus, giving more time for new characters AND time to balance and perfect the old ones. Everyone wins.

2) And I do think people would rather new characters instead of having the exact same roster as Melee with the clones being "original" with their own complete movesets.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
I'm sad that so many people want Pichu out. I think he should stay in with different moves like Volt Tackle. Also Mewtwo needs to improve. I'd say he should be heavier, faster, and some of his attacks get more power.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
I'm sad that so many people want Pichu out. I think he should stay in with different moves like Volt Tackle. Also Mewtwo needs to improve. I'd say he should be heavier, faster, and some of his attacks get more power.
Sakurai said some characters will be removed and Pichu is worthless and it's almost impossible for it not to be a clone so the logical thing to do is get rid of it.

Why give a move that good to a worthless clone,when you can just give it to pikachu.

And pichu isn't on a high enough lv to do that move.

Da Man

Smash Lord
NNID
Tendoman77
Somasu says:
honestly don't think anyone should be removed. Modifications should definitely be made, such as making Mewtwo a lot better, like everyone said, but noone should really be removed. I mean, they didn't remove anyone from SSB to SSBM, so why would they remove anyone from SSBM to SSBB? Also, taking away characters could really lose some fanbase from people, which wouldn't be good for sales.

As I said, what really should be done instead of removing characters is updating them. Work with the clone characters to give them their own moveset, or at least Luigify them. Tweak with some of the characters' speed, recovery, etc., like they did for Melee. Then maybe find some way to add in extra attacks, if they have any extra time.

Main thing is, I'd rather them work on perfecting the characters, rather than them deciding who to take out
I totaly agree, keep ALL 26 charaters and just add in new ones. That way Brawl will get much better ratings from magezines and gaming websites.
Now if only someone would tell the makers of Brawl to keep those 26 charaters.

Xx swift xX

Smash Apprentice
i think the only people that really need to be removed are mario, bowser, link, and captain falcon. Their fanbases are just so tiny compared to the population of Earth, I mean why let them keep stinking up a game that's based around the ice climbers? The name of the game is obviously a modified version of "Super Smash Climbers" the hit game for the NES. Oh, i forgot to mention samus. Yep, she needs to hike her little armor-clad *** back to the "Space Pirates Cafe Gentlemen's Club" and make me my money.

Ok, if you didn't notice, I was just kidding. the only chars I think need the boot are pichu and.........actually, it's just pichu. I'm sick of people hatin on Doc. I love the character, and I've liked him since the game came out. For the past few weeks I just haven't been able to stop thinkin that if they would just make SSBM online with voice chat, I'd be happy. I'm afraid of SSBM changing. I mean, what if all the stuff I've learned for SSBM isn't in SSBB? I didn't enjoy SSB64 a fraction of the amount I liked SSBM.

In conclusion, boot pichu, keep the rest.

zombie7775

Smash Lord
I would like to see them all come back but seeming some are going to be removed it should be ones who cant be changed and made different enough from the character they were cloned from. Those would be Dr. Mario, Pichu, and Y. Link. The other clones and the non clones should be in. Roy, Ganondorf, and Falco can be changed so they arn't clones anymore.

icymatt

Smash Lord
We'd all love to see every character come back, but for whatever reason they don't think they will. And really, if it means taking out some less interesting characters to get more interesting ones, so be it.

Nintendo is trying to loose their Kiddy image, Fox's stupid Command look won't help.
If you read correctly,i said FICTIONAL,not CHILDISH.

Fiction is the term used to describe works of the imagination. This is in contrast to non-fiction, which makes factual claims about reality. A large part of the appeal of fiction is its ability to evoke the entire spectrum of human emotions: to distract our minds, to give us hope in times of despair, to make us laugh, or to let us experience empathy without attachment....

Childish is to being of a less mature content,appeals to a younger genertion.

Two diffirent things bud.

Krian13

Smash Cadet
Spreading chaos and destruction thruout the land
I for one hope they bring back roy and not marth.and for whoever says roy was only there to advertise,1:the same can be said about marth,2:neither mart nor roy were in the gba game so i dont see how that works even if they knew that efram was roys father and even then why marth?

icymatt

Smash Lord
Roy was advertisement for the first GBA FE, which was released in 2002. The FE you are refering to(the first one the US got) was the second GBA Fire Emblem.

And Marth was in the first game and is one of the most recognizable characters in the series(in Japan), and that's why he should stay.

GenG

Smash Lord
Marth was requested by fans and he is representing the franchise as a whole. That won't change, as he was the FE ambassador in the US and one of the favourite characters there (here).
Roy was a Marth clone to support and advertise the upcoming Fire Emblem game for GBA which never came to the US and was starred by Roy (this is stated in the Melee japanese webpage). Who knows, with his game already released maybe the people now recognise Roy as a good character (FE wise) and could appear again with a new moveset. But his importance and fanbase in the FE fanworld are average (since he has a boring personality) so he may be replaced with a "stronger" and more popular character, like Sigurd or Ike.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
If you read correctly,i said FICTIONAL,not CHILDISH.

Fiction is the term used to describe works of the imagination. This is in contrast to non-fiction, which makes factual claims about reality. A large part of the appeal of fiction is its ability to evoke the entire spectrum of human emotions: to distract our minds, to give us hope in times of despair, to make us laugh, or to let us experience empathy without attachment....

Childish is to being of a less mature content,appeals to a younger genertion.

Two diffirent things bud.
I know this and the art style in SFC (and TLoZWW) are CHILDISH, the cartoony looks and bright colours appear to younger children, Nintendo is trying to loose that image.

I'd like to see Doc, Pichu and Roy get the boot.

The_Corax_King

Smash Lord
It would be really dumb if they booted anyone. Even the clones are a lot different than their counterparts (maybe not doc, but everyone else). I hope not falco or young link. Falco is much much different than fox, same with ganon and falcon. I would cry if roy left, but wouldnt mind if marth was replaced by lyn or ike. ( Why not just make a bunch of FE characters. They could make them unique. Look how many mario characters there are.) As crappy as ness is, booting an original would be unexceptable.

The_Corax_King

Smash Lord
It would be really dumb if they booted anyone. Even the clones are a lot different than their counterparts (maybe not doc, but everyone else). I hope not falco or young link. Falco is much much different than fox, same with ganon and falcon. I would cry if roy left, but wouldnt mind if marth was replaced by lyn or ike. ( Why not just make a bunch of FE characters. They could make them unique. Look how many mario characters there are.) As crappy as ness is, booting an original would be unacceptable.

Krian13

Smash Cadet
Spreading chaos and destruction thruout the land
Roy was advertisement for the first GBA FE, which was released in 2002. The FE you are refering to(the first one the US got) was the second GBA Fire Emblem.

And Marth was in the first game and is one of the most recognizable characters in the series(in Japan), and that's why he should stay.
sorry i dont really keep up with the stuff that went on in japan my obsevation was merely on the american side of the topic.My bad.

P.S corax king, i think i speak for every one when i say,...
DON'T DOUBLE POST OR SPAM YOU JERK!
(sorry for repeating you phoenix, posted sorta same time lol)

sorry i dont really keep up with the stuff that went on in japan my obsevation was merely on the american side of the topic.My bad.

P.S corax king, i think i speak for every one when i say,...
DON'T DOUBLE POST OR SPAM YOU JERK!
(sorry for repeating you phoenix, posted sorta same time lol)
No big,your not repeating anyone,we were just on the same line of mentality.;)

But if roy comes back,i REALLY hope they give him a moveset based of FE6.

GenG

Smash Lord
It would be really dumb if they booted anyone. Even the clones are a lot different than their counterparts (maybe not doc, but everyone else). I hope not falco or young link. Falco is much much different than fox, same with ganon and falcon. I would cry if roy left, but wouldnt mind if marth was replaced by lyn or ike. ( Why not just make a bunch of FE characters. They could make them unique. Look how many mario characters there are.) As crappy as ness is, booting an original would be unacceptable.
They can't remade all clone characters without risking manpower and focus in more important features like new characters, modes and such. That's why they opened the poll to take suggestions of who may stay or go. Even if they are originals.

Shiner

Smash Apprentice
They can't remade all clone characters without risking manpower and focus in more important features like new characters, modes and such. That's why they opened the poll to take suggestions of who may stay or go. Even if they are originals.
but didnt they say all originls would stay?

fatpower1337

Smash Apprentice
i'm hoping for blaziken and waluigi. i dont care about any1 else i just want them
i made a blaziken moveset

b:Overheat-Hold b to charge and release for a powerful flame that does a great deal of damage depending on how much you charge it.
b>:Brick Break-powerful punch that knocks ur opponent far away from you
b-up:Blaze Kick-on the ground u can press a certain direction and the kick will go in that direction. in the air it acts as his triple jump and goes up at an angle
b-down:Mega Kick-Does a short charge up then releases a thrusting kick that can go in any direction

Super: Sky Uppercut-locks on a target then hits them with one humungous skyward punch

not sure about the smash and tilt moves though. i know it may seem noobish but its just a fun idea. and waluigi is just cool so i want him 2

Top Bottom