• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official "Who is going to return?" topic

JPW

Smash Ace
OrlanduEX said:
Why do people keep saying that Shiek will be removed??? She's one the heighest tier characters in Melee. Nintendo would piss off ALOT of people by taking her out.
I got nothing against Sheik, and I reckon a lot of people don't have anything against Sheik. It's just with Twilight Princess, I have a feeling there will be a Princess Zelda in TP, and she might not have a Sheik transformation, and Ninty might revamp Zelda's characteristics in TP, and it would seem only natural to move this onto Brawl so people can familiarise themselves with the character. And for some odd reason I reckon our Princess Zelda is Midna in TP.

Though I do think because Sheik was kind of a favourite, and obviously has a good fanbase, they might try and revamp Zelda with a few of Sheik's characterisitics and moves.

But the reason I believe why most believe Sheik is gone, is because there's pretty big chance Sheik was just in Melee for OOT reference. They'll most likely base Brawl on the recent or future characters games.

greenblob

Smash Lord
OrlanduEX said:
Why do people keep saying that Shiek will be removed??? She's one the heighest tier characters in Melee. Nintendo would piss off ALOT of people by taking her out.
The same can be said about IC (which are much more deserving than Sheik to be in SSBB IMO) yet many people are clamoring for them to be cut.

About the clones thing:
I've noticed that everyone wants Pichu, Dr. Mario, Roy, and YLink to be cut and for Ganondorf to be revamped with a sword, yet most people want Falco to stay the same or just be altered very slightly. Most of these people also say that Pichu is just a worse version of Pikachu, Roy is just a worse version of Marth, and Dr. Mario and YLink are almost exactly the same as Mario and Link, but Falco is very different from Fox. My conclusion: clones are different--different enough to have an altered fighting style than the characters off of which they're based, but only Falco gets such special treatment because he's mained by more people. The same can be said about noobs saying that Kirby and Jigglypuff are the same because they're both puffballs or Mewtwo and Samus are the same because they both have a chargable ball attack. Once you start playing those characters, you'll notice that they're very different.
My opinions on who should be cut/revamped: First of all, I don't really like clones, even though I think that characters with the similar movesets can be very different. Similar characters are OK though. I think no one NEEDS to be cut, just given different movesets, which is probably going to happen for every character anyway, whether clone or not.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
greenblob said:
My opinions on who should be cut/revamped: First of all, I don't really like clones, even though I think that characters with the similar movesets can be very different. Similar characters are OK though. I think no one NEEDS to be cut, just given different movesets, which is probably going to happen for every character anyway, whether clone or not.
Then you've contributed nothing to the thread, Sakurai already said characters were going to get cut. I think it was in Samurai Panda's thread.

Kabyk-Greenmyst

Smash Lord
I don't see why everyone would be pissed if they removed Shiek.

AND DO YOU KNOW WHY I'M CONFUSED???

Because they think that if Shiek is in Brawl, she'll be her awesomeness she is now. Which is not the case. Which case she'll be debuffed. Which case she'll be hated because people are so d*** flaky and shallow. Which case she'll be completely ignored even if she's still decent, this is because people are angry that she's not god anymore.

And so, in any case, people will be disappointed in Shiek.

SO QUIT THE B****IN' BECAUSE NONE OF YOU WOULD BE SATISFIED WITH HER EVEN IF SHE WAS IN BRAWL.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
Don't be an idiot, Mewtwo deserves to be in Brawl.

He's known as the villain, getting rid of him would be like getting rid of Bowser.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Kabyk-Greenmyst said:
Which case she'll be debuffed. Which case she'll be hated because people are so d*** flaky and shallow. Which case she'll be completely ignored even if she's still decent, this is because people are angry that she's not god anymore.
Yeah, because there's definitely nobody who plays Bowser. Or Ness. Or Pichu. Or Donkey Kong.

I think you get my point. Of course people would still play Sheik if she were in Brawl. Don't be silly.

picf said:
My top 3 for ppl who should not return:
1.pichu
2.Mewtwo
3.Young Link
I would LOVE to hear the reason that Mewtwo should be removed. I mean, it's not like he's one of the most recognizable and powerful Pokemon ever made. And it's not like he had an actual storyline, because he's an individual, making him an interesting character. And it's not like he has a near LIMITLESS potential wealth of movesets to choose from, which could implemented instead of his lackluster Melee moveset.

Oh wait a minute, all of those things are completely true. So somebody remind me why Mewtwo should be removed?

Luigi_Legend

Smash Cadet
My top 3 who should go:
Dr. Mario
Young Link
Pichu

My top 3 who I want returning:
Luigi
Falco
Fox

My top 3 who I wanna see:
Wolf O'Donnell
Walugi
Panther Caroso

-Legend

Mr Awesomeness

Smash Rookie
As soon as you let waluigi in, you'll get daisy and every other defiled, demonic hellspawn nintendo can create (or basically the whole cast of mario party). Really, do you want to play against people using toad or dry bones? Ughh.

And to anyone who openly says mewtwo should go... that makes as much sense as tossing Samus or Link out of the game.

Glitch-Mew2

Smash Journeyman
^^ thank u mr awesomeness, thats what im talkin about. although it would be nice to have more characters so that there would be more variety, im tired of seeing fox players, falco players, shiek players, marth players. every time i see them get picked im like aw great not another one. hopefully this game wont be like that

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Yeah, but Waluigi sucks. There are so many characters that should be in before him that Sakurai wouldn't have enough time to get to him if they were going down any kind of sensible list.

Luigi_Legend

Smash Cadet
McFox said:
Yeah, but Waluigi sucks. There are so many characters that should be in before him that Sakurai wouldn't have enough time to get to him if they were going down any kind of sensible list.
Thats probably true. But who else should be deservin enough to put in the game before Waluigi other than Wolf O'Donnell (I'm not bein a smartass...I really wanna know, lol)? Personally...the only reason I say Waluigi is because of his personality actually bein directed alittle towards the adult audience than any other Mario character.

-Legend

Iggy K

Smash Ace
There's a topic for Waluigi, if you want to ask about him, maybe you should do it there.

Luigi_Legend

Smash Cadet
Iggy K said:
There's a topic for Waluigi, if you want to ask about him, maybe you should do it there.

I'm not askin about him. I'm just sayin he has the most adult oriented personallity in the Mario franchise and it could work for Brawl. I'm just askin who else should be in there thats more deservin.

-Legend :luigi:

SMB PORTAL

Smash Ace
It seems like that everyone wants a character to leave because he/she think that they suck. But, there is a great chance that these characters will be redone or changed a tad. We have seen some characters undergo a few changes in the transition from Smash 64 to Smash Melee, so why not can it hav that same affect here? I mean, every character has a right to say, and you people who respond to this and go "But, Pichu sux!", go back and read the beggining of this post again. Just change the character, and if they cannot be any more unique, then exchange them with another character.

Let's take Gannondorf and think about his similarities to Captain Falcon. At this point in time nobody should be saying that he should go. Unless, the know nothing about the Zelda series, of course. There are alot of options open for Gannondorf, and there are bound to be for many other charcters.

Here we go with Pichu. now, let's journey into the world of Pokemon for a second. We can see that Pichu, Pikachu, and Raichu can learn a variety of moves. So, since there are so many options open with different electric attacks, Pichu could have many possibilities. If you are not sure what I mean, then sinmply look into a Gameboy Pokemon guide and quickly peak into the characters moves. This is a simple way to resolve our Pichu proble. It seems as though many poeple want pichu out because he wasn't very good in melee, and that is just a sad excuse. Git rid of those thoughts, because many people think of just there record and not the simple possibilities.

-SMB

notftomearth7

Smash Lord
On the blue planet next to the sun, can't miss it!
I'd say the rest of the original 12 are very, very likely. They all represent the various major franchises of Nintendo's history.

Out of the Melee-added characters, I'd say Peach, Bowser, Zelda, Ganondorf, Marth, and Mewtwo are likely to return, as they are all major and original characters.

Here is what I think is the order of who could be cut, starting with the most likely:

1. Dr.Mario
2. Young Link
3. Roy
4. Pichu
5. Ice Climbers
6. Sheik
7. Mr.Game&Watch
8. Falco
Just tell me, what to you find in Roy that is so bad? Anyway, if Sheik were gone, that Zelda would have cooler moves. Other than Roy, MGW. and Falco, I agree with your list. What possed Nintendo to put Dr.Mario in?

Falco-Z

Smash Apprentice
Obviously, everyone has their favorites, so just about any character has reasonable support for a return to Smash Bros. Still, since Sakurai has been confirmed to have said on the Japanese site that some will not return, it must be so.

To me, it seems obvious that all the characters from the N64 Super Smash bros will return.

Next to them, the most likely Melee candidates to return seem to be Zelda/Shiek, Mewtwo, Bowser and Peach.

After them, I think that Falco, Ganondorf, and Game and Watch will return; Falco and Ganondorf with new movesets.

Pichu could possibly return with new moves as well.

Marth and Roy are iffy because they could easily return, but could also be replaced with up to date Fire Emblem characters that are from games actually released in the U.S./Europe. (Lyn, Ike, Hector, Eliwood, and the main characters from Sacred Stones seem most obvious here. I didn't play Sacred Stones so I can't guess at their names and feel like I am being fair.)

Personally, I think Young Link WILL be traded out for a cel-shaded version.

Dr. Mario could also disappear or be given his own moves though I'm not sure that he has much of his own arsenal else than the megavitamins he throws in Melee.

As for the Ice Climbers, I found them to be one of my favorites after Falco and Roy.
They are very agile and good in the air, plus they do excellent damage with smash attacks. Their "B" attacks seemed weak to me, but as an added bonus you could easily leave Nana behind and let her work on your opponents while you stayed at a distance.

Mcscruff

Smash Ace
I really don't care if the other charachters like ness, mewtwo, pichu don 't return. But fox has to return. As well as the first charachters and the g-man.
./

Luigi_Legend

Smash Cadet
Fox will more than likely return. He's one of the best and popular characters in the series so it'd be stupid to not bring him back. Ness should come back as well. ALOT of people I know play as him. And he's pretty popular with the female gamers. Plus, he's one of my top 3, lol. Pichu I can deal without. Nothin but a Pikachu clone that does damage to itself, lol.

-Legend

Xentar

Smash Rookie
i think that all of the melee will return but some (like pichu, ganondorf, etc) with new movements sets not just as copies from pikachu, mario and the others

TehLittleLink

Smash Rookie
Obviously, everyone has their favorites, so just about any character has reasonable support for a return to Smash Bros. Still, since Sakurai has been confirmed to have said on the Japanese site that some will not return, it must be so.

To me, it seems obvious that all the characters from the N64 Super Smash bros will return.

Next to them, the most likely Melee candidates to return seem to be Zelda/Shiek, Mewtwo, Bowser and Peach.

After them, I think that Falco, Ganondorf, and Game and Watch will return; Falco and Ganondorf with new movesets.

Pichu could possibly return with new moves as well.

Marth and Roy are iffy because they could easily return, but could also be replaced with up to date Fire Emblem characters that are from games actually released in the U.S./Europe. (Lyn, Ike, Hector, Eliwood, and the main characters from Sacred Stones seem most obvious here. I didn't play Sacred Stones so I can't guess at their names and feel like I am being fair.)

Personally, I think Young Link WILL be traded out for a cel-shaded version.

Dr. Mario could also disappear or be given his own moves though I'm not sure that he has much of his own arsenal else than the megavitamins he throws in Melee.

As for the Ice Climbers, I found them to be one of my favorites after Falco and Roy.
They are very agile and good in the air, plus they do excellent damage with smash attacks. Their "B" attacks seemed weak to me, but as an added bonus you could easily leave Nana behind and let her work on your opponents while you stayed at a distance.

I do think you are rite about the Young Link thing sadly YL was my best char =/ i guess I'll have to try Normal Link

Muffin_man

Smash Journeyman
I still think that TP Link should have a costume for each Link from the games, including the young Links.

1338h4x

Smash Apprentice
I think it's slightly likely that both Marth and Roy get cut. They were only put in to promote the new FE game. So Nintendo might replace them with a character or two from the upcoming Wii FE.

icymatt

Smash Lord
Marth was not there to promote anything. He was from the first and third game in the series and was put there to appease fans.

v3x?

Smash Journeyman
Characters are going to be watered down.
Fox, Marth and maybe Lik (i hope not)
Man i agree Marth should be watered down, and fox's shine (maybe just make it not as laggy, but still cancelable [sp?]) But as for link - he's fine lol. If anyone i think Falco's **** laser's and pillaring should be sorted out lol

Man,all of the characers that people want out seem kinda unsupported,can people please give a reason...no a LOGICAL reason why X character should not return please?

For me i want Pichu to be removed:

Reason: Pichu is a character with practically no priority,light weight so he can be killed at low percentages,he is not really that fast,his move excecutions are fast,but not his preferable movement speed,an his attacks inflict damage towards himself...ever lowering his chance of survival.

Also he has a predictable and laggy recovery technique,that can't be stressed enough.

The logic in the matter:Sakurai stated that characters will be more than likely removed,particularly clones in that matter(Yet some will be revamped and altered I.E. Luigified)Pichu cannot become an individual character because his attacks are Based of Pikachu's and Pikachu's are based off the pokemon series.

Due to that fact,in Pokemon Gold/Silver,Pichu's attacks were of the same priority and type as Pikachu,hence,cannot become an individual.

That's my two cents.

Glitch-Mew2

Smash Journeyman
Man,all of the characers that people want out seem kinda unsupported,can people please give a reason...no a LOGICAL reason why X character should not return please?

For me i want Pichu to be removed:

Reason: Pichu is a character with practically no priority,light weight so he can be killed at low percentages,he is not really that fast,his move excecutions are fast,but not his preferable movement speed,an his attacks inflict damage towards himself...ever lowering his chance of survival.

Also he has a predictable and laggy recovery technique,that can't be stressed enough.

The logic in the matter:Sakurai stated that characters will be more than likely removed,particularly clones in that matter(Yet some will be revamped and altered I.E. Luigified)Pichu cannot become an individual character because his attacks are Based of Pikachu's and Pikachu's are based off the pokemon series.

Due to that fact,in Pokemon Gold/Silver,Pichu's attacks were of the same priority and type as Pikachu,hence,cannot become an individual.

That's my two cents.
thats what im talkin about, an actual reason, big ups 2 u!!

i prefer just to have characters added, because i kno that each character has ppl out there that ppl do like. i would love to have more than 50 characters, but thats only a wish. i agree with him ^^, pichu because even if he were to be "luigified" i still think pichu wouldnt make much sense.

as for young link, i would like for him to stay, but have his own style n moves. i never played wind waker so i wouldnt kno about that link, i personally would of liked majora's mask link. able to change forms n all would be nice addition. n they could take out older link's boomerang n give him the megaton hammer or somethin.

Black Metal

Smash Cadet
I believe that all the original SSB characters will return based on the fact that the original SSB box says "Duke it out as your favorite Nintendo characters", means that those characters are considered favorites, albeit by Nintendo.

Top Bottom