• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official "Who is going to return?" topic

Lucas The Lefty

Smash Apprentice
I'm disappointed in nintendo, they give rumors about another new charicter in the second trailer (http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=19640938207392314&q=brawl+trailer)but when the trailer was over all it showed was that fox was going to be in it and he looked so stupid in it, his face is like from animal crossing or something, its just sad to see a good charicter like that go to waste, at least he's in the game.

its time for charicters like ness, yoshi, jigglypuff, and some others (kirby, pikachu) that were in both melee and the original to leave, they weren't good in the first one, they shouldnt have been in the second one and to waste the time and resources to put them in the third is just distasteful. melee's new charicters weren't perfect either, pichu, G+W, mewtwo, bowser, and roy all need to go, and the clone players like mario & dr. mario, pikachu and pichu, roy marth, falcon ganon all need to merge for brawl, after all the time and all the build up they better not come out with more clone players.

i'm hoping the top charicters are in the game, oviously fox but sheik, falcon, peach maybe, possibly marth but it seems that they try to capture the essence of 2 players in 1, the new trailor shows samus fighting like sheik dose, snake looks like falcon/ganon, the multiple jump charicters have swords and other colaberations like that.

Iggy K

Smash Ace
...Ness, Jigglypuff and Yoshi should leave because they're not good? Despite the fact that ness was one of the best in the original? Despite that Jiggs is good in both games? Even though Yoshi was also great in the original? Bowser, Mewtwo and G&W should go just because they weren't that good? Merge Falcon and Ganon? Are you that stupid?

icymatt

Smash Lord
They're not going to take out Yoshi, Ness, Bowser, Jigglypuff, Mewtwo, or any other original character because they 'weren't good'. They are way too important to their games. Taking out any of them will piss off many a fan, including me.

Lucas The Lefty

Smash Apprentice
ness is gay, everyone raved about him in the first smash but he wasn't that great, they made him even worse in melee when they should have dropped him after the first game, he's nothing but a stupid fat asian w/ magic powers that suck and he's slow and not powerful, he was never good and will never be and nintendo really went low if they incorperated him in the 3rd game. Fox is a good charicter, he was good in all the games, on of the best in all the games actually, they're just keeping mario, pikachu, kirby, and link since they're the huge Nintendo icons but really kirby and pikachu are bad, mario isn't great, link could probably be better but nintendo is scared to go out on a limb after the success of melee and try something else thats new and creative, instead they went back to the style of smash 64 which is really a step backwards from the promising future smash was heading to. i think nintendo wanted to incorperate so many new charicters into the game to add more styles and moves to the game but not disturb the moves of previous charicters which seem to be set in stone. we can only hope that other good charicters such as sheik are still in the game and that they didn't run brawl too much but it was a wise choice to take out some of the lesser charicters like yoshi.

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
ness is gay, everyone raved about him in the first smash but he wasn't that great, they made him even worse in melee when they should have dropped him after the first game, he's nothing but a stupid fat asian w/ magic powers that suck and he's slow and not powerful, he was never good and will never be and nintendo really went low if they incorperated him in the 3rd game. Fox is a good charicter, he was good in all the games, on of the best in all the games actually, they're just keeping mario, pikachu, kirby, and link since they're the huge Nintendo icons but really kirby and pikachu are bad, mario isn't great, link could probably be better but nintendo is scared to go out on a limb after the success of melee and try something else thats new and creative, instead they went back to the style of smash 64 which is really a step backwards from the promising future smash was heading to. i think nintendo wanted to incorperate so many new charicters into the game to add more styles and moves to the game but not disturb the moves of previous charicters which seem to be set in stone. we can only hope that other good charicters such as sheik are still in the game and that they didn't run brawl too much but it was a wise choice to take out some of the lesser charicters like yoshi.
Duhuhude. You don't know how dumb you look by saying this. Ness > you
D*** AND WTF!!! RACIST!!!
I'm an Asian! Stupid Asian!? You are sooo... you know, for the sake of not breaking the rules of "no flaming" I will refrain from saying what I wish to.

Muffin_man

Smash Journeyman
I'm going to laugh when that 'stupid fat asian with magic powers charicter' and every other major Nintendo 'charicter thats gay' returns if nothing else than to personally spite you.

Just thank god nobody in the development team thinks along the same lines as your average 10 year old runt. XD

Lucas The Lefty

Smash Apprentice
don't get mad at me cuz ness sucks, nobody thats probably in the top 100 plays as him for a reason. and don't tell me how dumb i look saying this, your the one who looks ******** for not only sticking up for ness but also having a pic of him saying he's a top tier.... really kid thats the most terrible thing i've seen yet. you know your charicter shouldn't exist if you have to hit yourself with your own attack to get a third jump. bad charicters should be taken out of the game so that it dosen't ruin it for good charicters, if your playing sheiks, falcos, foxes, and falcons you don't want an annoying charicter like yoshi or ness to ruin the good matchup. and as far as i see fox is gonna be in the new game and those other terrible charicters aren't gonna be, nintendo knows ness blows thats why he's not in it and you should really get over it and come to terms with how bad ness is.

krazyzyko

Smash Champion
Characters that have appeared on 64 and Melee will obviously stay for Brawl.

I don't like kirby much but he's very original and his mimicking power and funny hats is superb!

Shadow Calibur

Smash Ace
Ness only sucks because you suck with him, Lucas. How he performs depends on your skill level.

Nintendo knows Ness's importance in Smash- he's the only represenative of the MOTHER/EarthBound franchise to date, a franchise that deserves representation.

A character's performance should not have to be a factor in removal.

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! <
Hello Lucas. I'll keep it simple.

Everyone needs correction now and again. Some more than others, as is the case with you. While it's apparent that your opinions about certain characters will be corrected when you decide you're tired of losing to lvl 1 CPUs and want to play an actual human being to validate your existence, I took it upon myself to correct you on something simple that will help you look less ******** when you "defend" your idiotic baseless claims: your spelling.

It's collaborations, not "colaberations."
It's characters, not "charicters."
It's incorporate, not "incorperate."

Honest mistakes, just like everything else you seem to say.

Webba

Smash Rookie
A character's performance should not have to be a factor in removal.
i totaly agree with you Shadow!

you know your charicter shouldn't exist if you have to hit yourself with your own attack to get a third jump.
Just for you to remember: the PK Thunder third jump IS, in fact, Ness most unique and characteristic Move. it allows much more things to do with it then a usual third jump.
I would suggest you to watch some Ness PK Thunder Skill Videos to see HOW this jump can be used(and there are awsome moves possible.).
I am an average Ness Player who isnt perfectly into the PK Thunder thingy, but i can tell you that even I as an Average can kick ***! There is even no other Charakter I can paly with on my usual Level cause of Ness unique style in the game.
I can also say "Picachu suxx because he has creapy moves", because i dont like playing with fox(yeah i HATE playing with Picachu;)). But thats no reason to kick him from the game. I agree with everyone who wants to see the original SSB64 charakters in Brawl, because they are the core of the Games.

Period.

some random freak

Smash Journeyman
i totaly agree with you Shadow

I can also say "Picachu suxx because he has creapy moves", because i dont like playing with fox(yeah i HATE playing with Picachu;)). But thats no reason to kick him from the game. I agree with everyone who wants to see the original SSB64 charakters in Brawl, because they are the core of the Games.

Period.
pika sucks.......because of creepy moves...........wait a minute are you telling me that a mouse with electric attacks is creepy............what about a plumber who shoots fireballs and kills a giant turtle. is that not creepy.

06Falcon

Smash Journeyman
Chicago Illinois. but I like mexico better :P
Everyone needs correction now and again. Some more than others, as is the case with you. While it's apparent that your opinions about certain characters will be corrected when you decide you're tired of losing to lvl 1 CPUs and want to play an actual human being to validate your existence, I took it upon myself to correct you on something simple that will help you look less ******** when you "defend" your idiotic baseless claims: your spelling.

It's collaborations, not "colaberations."
It's characters, not "charicters."
It's incorporate, not "incorperate."

Honest mistakes, just like everything else you seem to say.
ROFL. but seriously lucas, you are dead wrong.

06Falcon

Smash Journeyman
Chicago Illinois. but I like mexico better :P
thanks 06falcon
you're welcome? sorry, its just that I dont know if you are serious or not cause of the computer >_< anyway, the reason I say lucas is wrong is because we have a yoshi level, which hints to yoshi being in it. that and as well as the original 12 having the greater chance of returning than any of the rest. and also, dissing any character will get you flamed lucas. just know that.

Webba

Smash Rookie
pika sucks.......because of creepy moves...........wait a minute are you telling me that a mouse with electric attacks is creepy............what about a plumber who shoots fireballs and kills a giant turtle. is that not creepy.
it was just an example ;)
I dont want to offend anyone here^^
I just tried to copy Lucas or his explanation why Ness should be removed from SSBB.

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! &lt;
you're welcome? sorry, its just that I dont know if you are serious or not cause of the computer >_< anyway, the reason I say lucas is wrong is because we have a yoshi level, which hints to yoshi being in it. that and as well as the original 12 having the greater chance of returning than any of the rest. and also, dissing any character will get you flamed lucas. just know that.

definitely sincere :)
thanks for appreciating the burn on Lucas

Rhyme

Smash Lord
It was a good burn. Always a pleasure to see newcomers to the boards participating, especially being called a "smash n00b" every time you log on...it hurts.:laugh:

I love everything about the 10 seconds we got with Fox in the trailer, especially the mine on his left hip that 'shockingly' resembles the motion-sensors from smash 64. He fights with his gun in his hand??? Oh well, at least they refrained from giving him his staff. They would have killed him before Metaknight even got to him.

Considering that all 3 moves ZSS performed in the trailer were exactly Shiek's tilts in melee, and the reasonable absense of importance, what are the chances that Shiek is NOT in brawl? I would say they are pretty high but then again, I'm just your average joe. I'm not a Shiek hater, I just didn't think she was that popular with only a single appearance. Then again I know people who played Starfox for years wishing they could be Falco instead, so if people really did like Shiek that much BEFORE melee, I will retract my statement. No one's favorite character should be cut if it can be helped.

Lucas, if you don't think Ness is top tier, do some research and see for yourself that in the hands of an expert, he could pwn anyone. I do have my doubts on his apperance in brawl, however. So many people say their(Ness and Lucas) moves would be exactly the same, and given that Lucas is popular in Japan now, he could get replaced. With any small amount of common sense, however, Sakurai would realize that he is being hypocritical cutting Ness in favor of Lucas. Remember when he said "HAL would do its best to make sure and include characters popular around the world, not only in Japan"? Well who here in the US gives a darn about Lucas? Anyone? I'm sure at least 10 times as many people would rather see Ness.

All said and done, the only character who SHOULD be cut is Dr Love. :laugh:(inside joke)

Unaminous

Smash Rookie
G&W was awesome and everything, but he falls into that category of "well, it's been fun, but I need to pick up the Watchlings from soccer practice." He has a life now and just doesn't have time to Brawl anymore.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
wow, this Lucas the Lefty guy made me laugh so hard, which was good after being stuck all weekend at camp. There is no way they would take out the characters you mentioned "cuz tehy sux1" really, learn to play the character

G&W was awesome and everything, but he falls into that category of "well, it's been fun, but I need to pick up the Watchlings from soccer practice." He has a life now and just doesn't have time to Brawl anymore.
WTF?

thebasman

Smash Apprentice
I think it's obvious that all the original 12 are returning, or at least it should be. I just really hope Marth doesn't get the axe, although that feels really likely to me.

I think that Doc, Ganon, Pichu, Roy, Mewtwo, and Sheik are getting the axe. They'll be replaced with more current characters, I think.

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
I personally don't see Gannondorf as being replaceable. I mean, it's gannondorf, alongside Link and Zelda, he's necessary for the Zelda series. It's not like there's another Zelda villain as important as him. And Mewtwo is one of the more recognisabe pokemon, so I don't think he'll be replaceed.

For the origional 12, they all have a solid chance of returning. There is some speculation that Ness may be replaced by Lucas, but while I won't rule it out, I think Ness'll stay. Jigglypuff is really the only one of the origional 12 that might not return, but I think even he's a shoe in.

For the melee characters, I don't think Bowser and Peach are going anywhere, and likewise with Zelda and Gannondorf (though Sheik is may not be secure). Sakurai likes retro characters, and the Ice climbers are unique so they'll most likely return, though G&W might not if Sakurai thinks the novelty of him as worn off, though I hope he does return. After that, I think Mewtwo will come back, but everyone else is as secure. Marth is the best rep for FE, but there is a small chance that he may be replaced, and Roy is most likely gone. Falco has a good chance to return, but Pichu, Dr Mario and Y.Link don't seem to be returning IMO.

thebasman

Smash Apprentice
If Ganondorf returns, he will be entirely different, more akin to the Wind Waker Ganondorf than the OoT Ganondorf. He will probably use a huge sword, like he did in that game. He wouldn't play remotely like old 'Dorf, I don't think.

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
Yeah, he will get his own moveset this time. He was origionally going to, they just ran ou tof time. The chances of him returning as a clone are pretty much 0, seeing as he has far more potential than that.

T-major

Smash Champion
Yeah, he will get his own moveset this time. He was origionally going to, they just ran ou tof time. The chances of him returning as a clone are pretty much 0, seeing as he has far more potential than that.
indeed. although, I am still skepticle as to what moves they would give him (espescaly up B). that energy ball he shoots at you in OoT is a must (possable neutral B move), but thats really all I can think of for moves.... the big sword could work, but from what I remember, OoT ganondorf uses a Halberd, not a sword (I'm probably wrong, but thats what I remember anyways...). and I personaly like the WW Ganondorf design best myself, and the duel swords would be cool in my opinion.

thebasman

Smash Apprentice
I don't see why they would spend the time doing an entirely new moveset for an old character when they could make an entirely new character. There are many clone characters from Melee that run into the same problem. If they want to reduce the number of clones, retooling them isn't nearly as exciting as just adding new characters. I would think that the developers of the game would better spend their time adding new characters than spend it redoing the clones from melee. That's the main reason why I think that all the clones from Melee, Ganondorf including, are getting the axe.

GenG

Smash Lord
Ganondorf won't be removed. In fact, he was about to get a two-handed sword moveset but got overpriorized by other characters. So, in the end, he became a clone.

And he is the main bad guy in one of the most successful Nintendo franchises, it's a bit weird to doubt about his inclusion up to this point.

T-major

Smash Champion
I don't see why they would spend the time doing an entirely new moveset for an old character when they could make an entirely new character. There are many clone characters from Melee that run into the same problem. If they want to reduce the number of clones, retooling them isn't nearly as exciting as just adding new characters. I would think that the developers of the game would better spend their time adding new characters than spend it redoing the clones from melee. That's the main reason why I think that all the clones from Melee, Ganondorf including, are getting the axe.
agreed, new characters are more exiting. but thats not a reason to get rid of important, and popular characters characters. Ganondorf is the most recognisable (and most used) villiian in the Zelda series, and he's needed for Zelda to be fully represented. most clone characters will be removed, like Dr.Mario, Pichu, and Roy. but Ganondorf is to much of an important character to be removed. they could use WW ganondrof. it alot of aspects, it would be like a new character, seeing as he is far different from OoT ganondrof. or TP Ganondorf. they used Links TP design, so it seems like the a good possabilty (if he's even in TP that is).

thebasman

Smash Apprentice
I think that the likelihood of Ganondorf's inclusion is directly proportional to the number of characters in the game, and the number of new characters that they are adding. If they are being aggressive in the reduction of the number of characters and the addition of new characters, then I think he gets the boot. But if they are adding less characters and removing less characters, he is one of the first ones that they would try to keep. I was working under the impression that Brawl is going to have about the same number of characters as Melee, which would imply drastic cuts in the number of returning characters. Thats what it all really depends on.

T-major

Smash Champion
I think that the likelihood of Ganondorf's inclusion is directly proportional to the number of characters in the game, and the number of new characters that they are adding. If they are being aggressive in the reduction of the number of characters and the addition of new characters, then I think he gets the boot. But if they are adding less characters and removing less characters, he is one of the first ones that they would try to keep. I was working under the impression that Brawl is going to have about the same number of characters as Melee, which would imply drastic cuts in number, that what it all really depends on.
there will most likly be a lot more characters in brawl, then there were in melee. about 10 to 15 more characters total then melee is my guess. if thats the case, then Ganondorf isn't going anywhere. and I still don't think he would be cut, even if they didn't have that many characters. like I said before, he's just way to important to the Zelda series to be removed. he carries the triforce of Power. and anyone who has played a single Zelda game could tell you how important the triforce is to the story. it just wouldn't make sense to not include him, regardless of the amount of characters being in Brawl.

thebasman

Smash Apprentice
I'm aware of the storyline of Zelda. And I'm all for keeping Ganon in... I never said I wanted to see him go. I love Ganon, he's one of my mains. But adding 10 to 15 characters to the bulk number to me seems a bit excessive. As long as it all remains balanced I'm ok with it, and I'm all for updates on old characters. Ganondorf coming back would be fine, but if Pichu was in this game I would be mad because they wasted time remaking Pichu when they could have been adding a new character. I feel this way about a lot of the clones, with the exception of Ganon and Falco, and even about some of the independent characters like Mewtwo and Game and Watch.

Lucas The Lefty

Smash Apprentice
getting flamed is fine, just cuz some ppl like ness and i don't dosen't make them right either and they should know that.

Top Bottom