• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official "Who is going to return?" topic

Zink

Smash Champion
I don't want to see another double character. That's kind of the IC's thing, and it shouldn't be used for anyone else. Although they might want to fix a few of the glitches.

Sighrax

Smash Lord
His vB could also stand a lot of improvement. Maybe they don't have to be facing you, it could be used in the air, and have a little more range.

Anyway, the only characters that need to be removed are Pichu, Roy, and Dr. Mario. The reason for their removal isn't only that they're clones, but that they couldn't get into a Smash Bros. game on their own merits. Falco, Ganondorf, and Young Link could still have been picked for a Smash Brothers game with entirely original movesets. Pichu, Roy, and Dr. Mario couldn't, really.
Correct me if I'm wrong here, but isn't ROY the main character in the Fire Emblem series, and Marth a secondary for about 1.5 hours? Shouldn't Marth be the one being cut?? :)

Doc can go, yeah. Maybe Mario should get his Fair? Pichu, sure. Falco is completely different from Fox, so no need to change.

I think the original 12 are going stay, no matter how bad Yoshi still is.

REØ

Smash Lord
I want Mewtwo to return aswell, he needs to be stronger and have more weight, his forward B can actually inflict the damage of the projectile you reflected instead of just passing by your opponet, his down B can have a littel more range and stun time, and they can do a lot more to him, but those are just my small ideas.

MiraiGen

Smash Ace
I know what they were shooting for with Mewtwo - they were going for an inverted Samus (Look at his tilt down and smash down and you'll see what I mean). Even further proven by his incredible floatyness and tremendous weight, something Samus held the title for before him.

I think he has a chance to stay, if only because of how he fights. The programmers had alot of fun developing his use of items, ground dodge, dodgerolling, and the like. I don't think they'd want to ditch him that fast.

bijoukaiba

Smash Journeyman
@ Sighrax's comments about Marth- With the infamous swordsman as my main, I fully support him for Brawl. He will definitely be returning before Roy. Every Fire Emblem story has its own storyline, as they each take place on different continents and in different time periods. Marth (and probably Sigurd too, in a tie) is practically the most popular Fire Emblem character in Japan. He has starred in the most Fire Emblem games to date (2. XD). His SNES adventure and Sigurd's game made more money than the GBA games. Combined. (Maybe even the GBA and GC games together too, I don't remember)

If one of the Fire Emblem lords has to go, it's gonna be Roy. I'd prefer it if Roy left. I'd love both of them to stay, but I don't think it will happen.

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
@ Sighrax's comments about Marth- With the infamous swordsman as my main, I fully support him for Brawl. He will definitely be returning before Roy. Every Fire Emblem story has its own storyline, as they each take place on different continents and in different time periods. Marth (and probably Sigurd too, in a tie) is practically the most popular Fire Emblem character in Japan. He has starred in the most Fire Emblem games to date (2. XD). His SNES adventure and Sigurd's game made more money than the GBA games. Combined. (Maybe even the GBA and GC games together too, I don't remember)

If one of the Fire Emblem lords has to go, it's gonna be Roy. I'd prefer it if Roy left. I'd love both of them to stay, but I don't think it will happen.
I just need to correct you on the bolded statements: First item - FE4 and FE5 (a midquel of FE4) both took place in the Jugdral continent, FE6 and FE7 (FE6's prequel) both took place in Elibe, and FE9 and the upcoming FE10 both take place in Tellius. Also FE1 and FE3, with the latter includes a remake of the former along with the sequel. Second item (an understandable mistake, as it's been floating around the internet sometime now) - The GBA titles actually did quite well, with FE6 the 3rd ranking FE title in terms of sales in Japan, with FE8 in 4th and FE7 in 5th. Not that FE3 and FE4 outperformed them significantly, but certainly not all the GBA titles combined - unless you meant FE3 AND FE4combined. Otherwise, your analysis was right on. To add to what you already stated, in addition to starring in the most titles to date, Marth's titles are also arguably the most IMPORTANT, with FE1 being the 1st entry in the series and FE3 the best-selling FE title as well as the only one to make Famitsu's Top 100 list this year... (Though FE4 could also fit that category, as it reinvented the series and the SRPG genre as a whole...)

bijoukaiba

Smash Journeyman
Oh. ^_^;; Whoops, my mistake! I guess I should have said some of them take place on different continents and most are in different time periods.

I know I'm a disappointment to the gaming world, but I've never actually played Fire Emblem. -_- I've only done some research on it b/c I adore Marth so much. That doesn't mean I don't PLAN to, though! Once Wii comes out, the first two games I'm dowloading are Mother 2 and FE3, and maybe I'll give FE4 a shot too.

Oh, and yes I meant FE3 and FE4 combined as well. Bad use of grammar. x_x

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
EDIT: *already brought up x_x*

Wait, Marth has had TWO games, each in the same continuity. Fire Emblem 1 and Fire Emblem 3, and hector also appears in a fire emblem after the one he first appears in. This, however, INCREASES Marth's chances to reappear in Brawl

Anyways, I like roy, but he seems like he's gone. If I had to chose one clone who would stay, roy would be it. I would choose Roy over Gannondorf AND Falco combined.

Did anyone else get a neg rep from woody saying "f*** you" or the like?

EDIT2: now I got a neg rep on this post saying "*** you". I think woody got a new profile

Zink

Smash Champion
The VC is region locked.
I think Gannondorf will probably be changed, but not a whole lot. Maybe a few sword moves, and a real utilt.

icymatt

Smash Lord
After someone in the Stage Discussion explained the similarities between the Castle stages seen in the trailer and the final battle of FE1, I'm actually quite confident Marth will come back, AND he might be default.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Mewtwo should return with a few changes to make him easier to use. When he fast falls, he should fall faster than he does now. His "dash" should also go a bit faster. The developers should add more power to some of his attacks, and confusion should actually reflect the attack and cause damage. They could make the effects of disable last longer and go faster, or replace it with another move like Psycho Cutter or some other attack.

He was one of the most powerful Pokémon stat wise, and appeared as a "boss" in Red, Blue, Yellow, Fire Red, Leaf Green, Stadium 1, and rival battle in Stadium 2.

Sure Aruseus is now the most powerful statwise, but Mewtwo can now learn a lot more moves plus the variety of moves he originally could learn. Mewtwo can learn Focus Bomb or Pulse Bomb which are powerful fighting, special attacks to counter Dark types, or he could use miracle eye to have psychic attacks effect Dark types. In the case of coming up against a tank or anything with higher defenses, Mewtwo can use Guard Swap to switch their defenses. He could also use that against Aruseus to beat him. (Yeah this paragraph is not about how he could fight in SSBB, but it shows how powerful he could be and his potential)

A lot of people don't want him to return either because he's hard to use or because they don't like Pokémon in general. He has a high potential of returning, and the developers have more time to improve him as a whole.

MiraiGen

Smash Ace
That, and he was a complete badass in the Pokemon First Movie.

Stop laughing.

He was a real badass, which is where they got his neutral B charge move from. Like I said, it seems to me like the devs put alot of work into him. I doubt they'd really replace him.

cb_marth

Smash Ace
I think they'll take out Roy and add a new Fire Emblem character.
I could see that happening for sure. He wasn't a real popular character, atleast nothing on Marth ha-ha. I also know that there are a lot of other FE characters that would probably be more successful then Roy was. I just hope they keep Marth in it.

cb_marth

Smash Ace
all the clone characters should be removed, or change their movesets.
Not removed but yes change their movesets would be a better solution. I do agree I think it is stupid to have basically the same move set for two characters the only difference being that they are either stronger or fast then the other.

Yellow Mage

Smash Journeyman
I play Pichu occasionally, but it is really more of a versatility thing for me.

Ditch (the poor, cute little) Pichu, I say, and put in Plusle & Minun FTW!

alpha n00b

Smash Ace
noooooooooo! none of those losers should be in brawl!! how dare you even taunt me with such madness!!!

alpha n00b

Smash Ace
hehehe... i'm glad you're on the right track buddy, BUT!, there's something you should know... SAMUS IS THE SMASH MASTER NOT MARTH MWUHAHAHAHAHA!!, ahem...

cb_marth

Smash Ace
hehehe... i'm glad you're on the right track buddy, BUT!, there's something you should know... SAMUS IS THE SMASH MASTER NOT MARTH MWUHAHAHAHAHA!!, ahem...
HAHAHAHHAHAHA. Yeah if you can get it in on a regular bases. At least with Marth I can score it 4/6 times. Samus is way to slow with it;) nice try though. You will speak nothing less but respect towards Marth:p

alpha n00b

Smash Ace
Ay!, if samus had all her powerups from super metroid, she would be un-beatable! YOU HEAR ME!? UN-BEATABLE!!... she's weaker in this game because of the same reason as above...

cb_marth

Smash Ace
Ha-ha I won't bash on you to much. Samus is a pretty good character I seen some top players use her with ease. She will be really good in Brawl as well!

alpha n00b

Smash Ace
ayup!, i don't mean to pester you on this topic, but i must say, if you've ever played/watched a metroid game, you would understand why samus is the best character of all!

Smash64M

Smash Rookie
Characters

The 9 characters that have already been confirmed for sure are Mario, Link, Kirby, Pikachu, Meta Knight, Solid Snake, Wario, Pit, and Zero Suit Samus.

I would like to see sonic or maybe megaman come in.

The 9 characters that have already been confirmed for sure are Mario, Link, Kirby, Pikachu, Meta Knight, Solid Snake, Wario, Pit, and Zero Suit Samus.

I would like to see sonic or maybe megaman come in.
Yes,those seem to be the hottest characters in the 3rd party division.I would love to see Sonic get down with Mario,and if you have played Sonic Battle for the GBA,it isn't that hard to see him fight.=)

LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME

Smash Champion
I enjoy sonic and all, but he just doesn't seem fitting for Brawl, or any other smash game. Once a pon a time, i would've agreed, but now, i'm not pulling for sonic. snake made it in, though, so maybe, MAYBE, their is a chance...

yorpy

Smash Journeyman
I really think that hey should get rid of all clones and keep the starting line up from melee.

Neanderthal

★ ★ ★ ★ ★
My top 10 of Most likely to be cut from the series:

1. Pichu (Its a given)
2. Dr Mario (Ditto)
3. Game & Watch (maybe a little harsh but meh)
4. Young Link (The only way id like to see a return of Y Link is maybe in his Wind Waker form)
5. Roy (sad but true)
6. Ice Climbers
7. Sheik
8. Falco
9. Mew Two
10. Ness

Top Bottom