• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official "Who is going to return?" topic

icymatt

Smash Lord
They never said.

I'm guessing it's to lighten the workload by taking out characters who aren't essential in any way, shape, or form.

glenno14

Smash Rookie
Just because you don't like the Ice Climbers doesn't mean they don't deserve to be in the next game.

REØ

Smash Lord
wow woody you've almost destroyed this thread please shut up and leave we don't care what YOU want

woody72691

Smash Ace
marth05 go f*** OFF AND DIE anyways i just don't ic i can't play with them they should be seprated or if one gets knocked out the other one should still fight but in melee when the leader gets knocked out the other ic disappeeared so idk bring falcon back please

MikaRabidKitsune

Smash Journeyman
I happen to like the Ice Climbers. T.T
The only people I want removed are Pichu and young Link.
Pichu hurts it's self whenever it attacks and young Link.....ok-so yeah....next subject.

BUT I think the Ice Climbers should stay, dear. They are simply classic and they bring lovely variety to the game. They are ice elementals, they use hammers and THEY are the only ones in that game that are a "they". (They are Ice Climbers. They are Many. They are one.)

LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME

Smash Champion
So because you can't play as them, you want them to be cut? DON'T GET ALL P.O.'d, i'm just asking...if that is your reason, them its not a very good one..ICE CLIMBERS FOR EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!heh...

Bashura

Smash Rookie
I wish everyone would stay too. It'd be sweet if we could end up with a SSBB with 35+ chars but that wont happen. At least we know they wont dissapoint us in gameplay with Brawl

Yellow Mage

Smash Journeyman
Oi, I leave for one night and this post explodes :dizzy: .

What if they kept the Ice Climbers, and sort of built on the double charactor idea! I personally think it would be an awesome new archetype to introduce. Not only do you have the Ice Climbers and Twinrova, but Plusle & Minun, and, if we're lucky, Palom & Porom.

When you think about it, most of the clones are just that: clones. Think about it: not only does Mario become Doctor Mario, but Young Link grows up to be Link, and even Pichu grows up to be Pikachu!

Also, no politics. We are talking about ficticious charactors we love, and, truly, nothing more. See explaination at bottom for more in-depth info on this statement.

You and I may not agree in a few places, but you and I are cool, nonetheless :) .

I would like to summarize what this post truly means, above and even beyond the original post. Some people want Fox to come back because he has "the shine," others want Peach so they can keep on Float cancelling. STILL other hate Pichu for not only being a clone, but hurting himself with his own element!

But look BEYOND the moves in Melee. We have NO IDEA who will have what, and why, or when! So do not say you want X Charactor so you can pwn everybody online: as a matter of fact, don't rely on it! Don't even say you want Z to be cut because he will suck, because chances are he will come back, just -slightly- reinforced.

What everybody should say is they want Y in because they just like Y and the charactor that he IS, and feel comfortable with the idea of breaking him out in the Super Smash style!

And for us "Negative Nancies," if you don't like W Charactor, and feel for some reason W just doesn't belong, well, more power to ya, as it is your opinion that you have every right to!

I hope this summarizes the ideals of this thread well enough. ;)

I wish people would pay attention :cry: . . .

Bashura

Smash Rookie
True. I only think it wont happen cuz I dunno too many more chars they havent used yet. They could pull additional chars from games like mario and donkey kong country, but then you get those ppl who complain about a char being just like another cuz they only look at them for 2 sec. And they said they only wanna have a couple more 3rd party chars. If SSBB does have 35+ chars, then I'd be a happy man, but I think I will love it anyway :D

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
True. I only think it wont happen cuz I dunno too many more chars they havent used yet. They could pull additional chars from games like mario and donkey kong country, but then you get those ppl who complain about a char being just like another cuz they only look at them for 2 sec. And they said they only wanna have a couple more 3rd party chars. If SSBB does have 35+ chars, then I'd be a happy man, but I think I will love it anyway :D
Sakurai said he was aiming form about 40 characters, and I could EASILY make a roster higher without third parties and without pulling characters from Mario and Donkey Kong Country. I think we'll get at least 35 MINNIMUM

marth05 go f*** OFF AND DIE anyways i just don't ic i can't play with them they should be seprated or if one gets knocked out the other one should still fight but in melee when the leader gets knocked out the other ic disappeeared so idk bring falcon back please

So,you think that the IC's should be removed because of your bias opinion?

So woody,when have you ever designed a videogame,or particulary in this case smash bros.?Do you call the shots on development?Are you Sakurai himself? No,you are not,which brings me to this point.

Why do people like you bit'ch because they don't like a character for reasons that really have no explination(In this case,you have'compatability' problems).Sure you may not play with them well,but a numerous amount of people actually do know how to play them well,just look at ChuDat,one of the Best IC's i've ever seen,if not the best.

You know how you can solve the problem,don't play with them you jerk!! You must take other feelings into consideration before you can just throw out your unsupported,and ignorent opinions about a character,by which you have no control over nor understand the concept of the character.IC's were great and popular characters,and i would be joyed for their return to the franchise.

How would you feel if your favorite character isn't returned(Captain Falcon),you would feel preety bad wouldn't you??And the same case is for the ones who play IC's.So quit being an Insensitive,Pusillanimous jerk,you'll only get banned with an attitude like they,it isn't respected here as you can see according to your rep.

The best thing you can do at this point is to leave us alone,and find someone else to shout your bias opinions to,for we don't care nor want to hear your crap.

icymatt

Smash Lord
Oh there are an absolute ton of characters they haven't used yet, from both established series and series not yet represented. I compiled a list of the 50 best characters for Brawl, and that's not counting third parties.

A lack of possible characters is never going to be an issue.

Bashura

Smash Rookie
Well then the only thing I have to worry about now is who the 3rd party chars are gonna be. Megaman, X, or even Zero. Preferably X. I dont care too much about the others but one of those has got to be in there. Mabey even a Sonic char. Of course those are all obvious choices.

MikaRabidKitsune

Smash Journeyman
Well then the only thing I have to worry about now is who the 3rd party chars are gonna be. Megaman, X, or even Zero. Preferably X. I dont care too much about the others but one of those has got to be in there. Mabey even a Sonic char. Of course those are all obvious choices.
I would be glad to see Mega X or the OG Mega. Though I think Sonic is probably going to get into smash. I don't know why....just got a feeling,

Kokichi

Skia Oura
BRoomer
FYI, I don't want to see any more talk about Woody or Yellow Mage or whoever else. If I see something posted that doesn't have to do with the topic at hand, you'll be warned. That's all, chi :p

Yellow Mage

Smash Journeyman
To remain on topic, I am reposting my hopeful list, again, in no particular order. I am also leaving out my "FFTL" essay for fear of it being even SLIGHTLY off-topic.

Roy - At first, I was completely against Roy, him being just a clone of the more popular Marth. However, if they "Luigitize" Roy and make him his own charactor, completely revamped, then that's how I see Roy in here.

Luigi - Could be from the Sub-Con games, or maybe even Luigi's Mansion (Super-Smash?), but he will be revamped again in an attempt to make him "his own" charactor.

Peach - Super Princess Peach. Sub-Con games. I need say no more.

Bowser - He's that bad dude we ALL love to hate. Plus, he's excused by being playable in a few Mario Games, most of note the Legend of the Seven Stars.

Yoshi - Who could NOT love that egg-selent steed? Plus, I think his position in the very first original SSB comercial kind of seals him in.

DK - Was also in the commercial, and has his own series (one of the many that was jump-started with Mario's help). Though nobody really likes playing him, he just has to be in there, ya know?

Fox - Okay in my book so long as he is accurate to the Adventures storyline. Though I am unsure about the safety of "the shine."

Ice Climbers - I sense a strong rebirth for the Ice Climbers not only in Brawl, but with another presence coming with the Wii as well. This is just a feeling, though, and only time will tell the truth.

Ness - Was in both Super Smashes, and though he's from a relatively mediocrely advertised RPG who is only leeching his life from Super Smash Brothers. . .uhh. . .what was I going to say? :p

Jigglypuff - There are so many times when the Song is just enough. There's just something about Jigglypuff: a cuteness that rivals even Pikachu. And denying her after BOTH Super Smashes and a mild fanbase to boot (most of which DON'T spam Rest :p , which, I think Rest should only heal at the cost of sleep, like in the real Pokemon games) would be. . .wrong. Just plain wrong.

Marth - Fire Emblem has a growing fanbase, and so does Marth. However, I DO sense a nerfing in his future, unfortunately.

(Must. . .resist. . .urge. . .to talk about. . .self. . . :chuckle: )

You do not live in the the greatest country ever you have a ****ed up political system and you're targeted by terroirists because you aragant sons of *****es. **** I hate you. **** you for saying that stuff about the stingrays Steve Irwin was greater than any person from that **** stain you call a country.
Xian,i actually thought that you would ignore someone of his stature,but what you just said is inexcusable.Rather than targeting him,you are targeting the United States themself,and with that statement,you are no better than the terrorist themselves.I just lost the little respect i had for you xian,and i would be ashamed if i were you.

But to get on topic so not to get warned.

For some strange reason,i really want the IC's to return,i guess because of all the arguing.I think i might start to play with them now,they seem to be a Fun duo.

I also want Marth to return the Most,and i want Faclo to return any way he can,he's just too good.I also want Shiek and Peach to return,they were awsome characters that i like to play with personaly,and so do alot of people.

The only character i can see being removed the most is Pichu for reasons i have explained several times before.

Kokichi

Skia Oura
BRoomer
Eternal phoenix Fire was warned for posting his first paragraph. Had he not done that, he wouldn't have gotten warned. You can't just continue a flame war ontop of a conversation in the topic at hand. No. Drop it all. Right now. Take it to PMs, AIMs, emails, whatever, just not in here. Next person I see to even MENTION ANYTHING THAT HAPPENED regarding the little quarrel, other than an apology, will get banned for a week. I hope I make myself clear, because if not, you'll be gone for a week.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
Xian,i actually thought that you would ignore someone of his stature,but what you just said is inexcusable.Rather than targeting him,you are targeting the United States themself,and with that statement,you are no better than the terrorist themselves.I just lost the little respect i had for you xian,and i would be ashamed if i were you.
I do apologise but I will continue this with a PM.

Yellow Mage said:
Fox - Okay in my book so long as he is accurate to the Adventures storyline. All you Fox lovers will love swinging around a slightly magical stick at people . Though I am unsure about the safety of "the shine."
I feel there is a 99.99% chance Fox will return with his melee moveset, the staff from Adventures should be given to Krystal.

Dr Mario and Pichu are the only characters I want to leave, mainly due to personal taste but sadly I also see Young Link and Roy going.

MiraiGen

Smash Ace
Ness - Was in both Super Smashes, and though he's from a relatively mediocrely advertised RPG who is only leeching his life from Super Smash Brothers. . .uhh. . .what was I going to say? :p
Just take a look at www.starmen.net and you'll notice Mother(Earthbound) has a giynormic fanbase.

Taking out Ness would cause an uproar. That, and it's not a "mediocrely advertised RPG" in japan. It's huge over there. Besides: Mother 3 JUST came out.

So, no. Ness stays.

And, honestly, I picked up Pichu recently. I think he's got a strong chance to stay, although he'd recieve a revamp. Honestly - his diminuitive size and lightning-fast moves give him a pretty strange appeal, and I think that with a little tweaking he could be unique in his own right.

However, he's got some of the strongest chance to leave, and so does Doc, and Roy, simply for their being barely-changed clones.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Yeah Ness should deffinatly stay!
You might think that the EarthBound/ Mother franchise is dead, but in Japan it's still going.
They've ported Mother 1 and 2 to the GBA. Also Ness is pretty populair in Japan, and he has unique moves. He might get replaced by Lucas, but I'd rather have them both in there.

Kokichi

Skia Oura
BRoomer
I can only see Roy, Pichu, Mewtwo, and possibly G&W leaving. Maybe YL if he's replaced my Celda. That'd be it.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
So Kokichi you don't see Doc leaving? I atleast see him being removed before Mewtwo.
Mewtwo is only hated because he's the worst character in Melee, but I actually enjoy playing as him, and his moveset is unique and suits him really well.

Mewtwo has 3 anime movies, more than any other Pokémon except Pikachu and Meowth. He also is perhaps the Pokémon with the most backstory, and acutally has reasons of fighting in Smash Bros.

Not to mention, he's populair and very well known. You could also consider him being the boss of Pokémon Red, Blue, Yellow, Fire Red and Leaf Green, and he's basically the only Pokémon besides Groudon and Kyogre that you could call a villian.

I want Mewtwo to stay. And I hope they'll improve him. Which basically is a given since he can't be nerfed any further. :p

woody72691

Smash Ace
So Kokichi you don't see Doc leaving? I atleast see him being removed before Mewtwo.
Mewtwo is only hated because he's the worst character in Melee, but I actually enjoy playing as him, and his moveset is unique and suits him really well.

Mewtwo has 3 anime movies, more than any other Pokémon except Pikachu and Meowth. He also is perhaps the Pokémon with the most backstory, and acutally has reasons of fighting in Smash Bros.

Not to mention, he's populair and very well known. You could also consider him being the boss of Pokémon Red, Blue, Yellow, Fire Red and Leaf Green, and he's basically the only Pokémon besides Groudon and Kyogre that you could call a villian.

I want Mewtwo to stay. And I hope they'll improve him. Which basically is a given since he can't be nerfed any further. :p
yes i agree with u diddy i want mewtwo back but i want them to work on him and make him easier to play with also i have to disagree doc is sweet taking him out would be a bad idea

xianfeng

Smash Hero
I can only see Roy, Pichu, Mewtwo, and possibly G&W leaving. Maybe YL if he's replaced my Celda. That'd be it.
What about Dr Mario, he is just Mario is a lab coat. Mewtwo is a very important character in the pokemon series (or at least he was until they made all of these copies of him e.g. Deoxys)

roys our boy!!! roys our boy!!! yes hes coming back
I doubt it, I won't go into detail or otherwise Lord Deathborne will eat me despite the fact it is on topic.

I really can't see Mewtwo leaving all he needs is fixing, I would keep Kirby as he was in melee if it meant that Mewtwo got fixed, he needs it more. In the Pokemon games he is the most powerful pokemon ever (next to Mew IMO, Mew is like the god of all pokemon) so he just needs to be made Stronger and Heavier and probably more I never use him, I think I've only used him once, maybe twice.

GenG

Smash Lord
Mewtwo was the strongest Pokémon until Diamond & Pearl came with Aruseus, the Creation Pokémon (God of the Pokéuniverse).

Top Bottom