• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official "Who is going to return?" topic

HiddenTiger

Smash Lord
This thread could probably be renamed "Who is going to leave?". I think that'd make a little more sense, seeing as how there are obviously less of those, it'd just make things easier. Anyway, as to that effect, here's who I think is going to be leaving:

Dr. Mario: The way I see it, the fact that Dr. Mario is the first name that jumps to mind when people think about characters leaving is reason enough to believe he'll be removed. Doc, weight and stat differences aside, is essentially a duplicate of Mario, and the fact that not many people seem to troubled by the prospect of him leaving seems to indicate that the overall Smash community as a whole tends to see him as expendable.

Pichu: 2nd worst character in Melee, and the only character that hurts itself with a majority of its attacks. Again, as in the case with Dr. Mario, Pichu is a carbon copy of Pikachu, with just a few tweaked stats and an added deathwish.

Mewtwo: All I really have to say about this is that unless they go out of their way to significantly improve Mewtwo, he will probably be replaced with another Pokemon of similar status. I haven't played Pokemon since Red/Blue, though, so don't ask me which one.

Roy: Roy was thrown in Melee as promotion for his (at the time) upcoming game. Now that Roy's game has come out, there's really no need to keep him around. Roy will most likely step down and let another lord take his place.

Ness: Sad, but true. Ness is the only one of the original 12 that I can see leaving. I don't like it, but the facts seem to point to Ness being replaced by Lucas from Mother 3.

IKillCauseOfVGs

Smash Cadet
But why should one of them get the boot?
I didn't say that one of them should get the boot. I said that IF (note the if) one of them does get the boot, the one that should get it is Ice Climbers. This is all hypothetically speaking. I want everyone to stay, but seeing as how that's not gonna happen you have to think about who you want to see more of. The character I'm hopin to see the most though is Young Link, because I love the Legend Of Zelda series and since he's the main character I want him to come back. My main is Roy but he has a slim chance of getting one of the slots in the roster since his time in the lime light has passed, and it's time for another Fire Emblem character to step up, hopefully Lyn but that's somethin for another thread.

Muffin_man

Smash Journeyman
I still think it's almost blaringly obvious that the only characters under the threat of getting the boot are clones (both due to hate and the fact that Sakurai is a originality-man), but that doesn't stop people suggesting that G&W, IC, or even Captain Falcon or Ness (I think due to his immense popularity outside and in Japan, he'll stay in despite Sakurai's plans with both the original and Melee, with Lucus either going alongside him or being a costume).

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
I think it is very curious that Zamus has many similaries with Sheik.
1. Zamus may be a transformation of Samus. If this is true, which is just speculation right now, then Zelda's transformation is no longer unique.
2. Zamus and Sheik seem to have a similar body outfit. I know this is a weak point, but even the coloration is kinda the same.
3. Both have whips. Both are fast characters with low weight. Now this is getting very similar. Zamus also has a gun which may be able to fire a projectile.

These simlarities make me believe that Zamus will replace Sheik. So will the transformation ability be turned over to Samus? Will Zelda take after her twilight character? Does her twilight character have a different transformation? I believe Zelda will return with her Twilight transformation or without one, and the fast speedy alternative form will be given to Samus.

buster_apex

Smash Rookie
We don't have any idea what Sheik will be like, so how can we guess at clones/replacements?
this is all just specualtion, guessing, figuring, trying to predict what the future will bring....if we all stoped doing that this thread would be dead at page 2

i think that guy made some good points. he didnt say it would happen, he was just pointing out how it could happen.

TheAceOfSmash

Smash Apprentice
I think it is very curious that Zamus has many similaries with Sheik.
1. Zamus may be a transformation of Samus. If this is true, which is just speculation right now, then Zelda's transformation is no longer unique.
2. Zamus and Sheik seem to have a similar body outfit. I know this is a weak point, but even the coloration is kinda the same.
3. Both have whips. Both are fast characters with low weight. Now this is getting very similar. Zamus also has a gun which may be able to fire a projectile.
I tried to find as much info as I could about Zamus, and my sources say that Zamus and Samus will be featured in Brawl as seperate characters. Apparently there was some rumor about Samus entering Brawl without her Power Suit, which was speculated from seeing Samus' Power Suit falling apart in the trailer.

I don't know about the coloration, but Sheik and Zamus do have a similar body outfit, which I would say is only somewhat similar.

And it may be true that they both have whip-like weapons (I say whip-like because Sheik has a chain and not a whip) but Sheik's Chain is a special attack, whereas Zamus' whip will be used for regular attacks.

Serph

Smash Journeyman
Unless they can freshen them up with new movesets, Dr. Mario, Falco, Young Link, Pichu and Roy should be axed. I fully expect Ganondorf to return with a new set of moves. How can you axe somebody like him?

I don't see why any of the non-clone characters should be cut, and really do hope none of them are.

Mewtwo would need some serious re-adjustment, though. I'd use him a lot more if he could actually hold his own in battle.

Muffin_man

Smash Journeyman
I tried to find as much info as I could about Zamus, and my sources say that Zamus and Samus will be featured in Brawl as seperate characters. Apparently there was some rumor about Samus entering Brawl without her Power Suit, which was speculated from seeing Samus' Power Suit falling apart in the trailer.
You couldn't of looked that hard then, considering that it's STATED IN HER BIO ON THE OFFICAL WEBSITE. *Sheesh*

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
And it may be true that they both have whip-like weapons (I say whip-like because Sheik has a chain and not a whip) but Sheik's Chain is a special attack said:
How do you know that Zamus's whip won't be a special. Does it say that in her bio?

icymatt

Smash Lord
How do you know that Zamus's whip won't be a special. Does it say that in her bio?
Actually, it does:

Also, her gun transforms and can be used as a whip. Of the two, one might consider the whip to be her main weapon

oro1919

Smash Rookie
Well....To be honest. I feel that all teh characters should return. Eventhough some are weird for others, I feel that they should have kept G&W, Ice Climbers and etc.

Then again, thanks to the internet, there may be downloads for new characters. Who knows...but it would be kind of cool I think.

oro1919

Smash Rookie
Kind of a dangerous move on their part. We video gamers can get pretty pissed off at times.

I want to see some more third party characters in the game....you know like........Sonic?

Gojira

Smash Lord
Mewtwo: All I really have to say about this is that unless they go out of their way to significantly improve Mewtwo, he will probably be replaced with another Pokemon of similar status. I haven't played Pokemon since Red/Blue, though, so don't ask me which one.
The popular demand for Deoxys will probably the replacment for mewtwo, as it is sad it is probably true. I hope Umbreon Mow, Mookie Rah, and Taj like Doexys.

Iggy K

Smash Ace
The popular demand for Deoxys will probably the replacment for mewtwo, as it is sad it is probably true. I hope Umbreon Mow, Mookie Rah, and Taj like Doexys.
And Deoxys just can't just be in the game WITH Mewtwo because...?

monty06

Smash Ace
well most people will say deoxys and not mewtwo but they will have to make him better then they did mewtwo

Serph

Smash Journeyman
I think Deoxys would make a fine character (it could transform into it's various forms, giving it different strengths and weaknesses), but at the expense of Mewtwo? No way. Not for me.

Realistically, I don't see why they have to cut anyone. They already have the 25 movesets established, after all. Surely it's just a case of putting them all into Brawl and then adding the newcomers.

unest_guy

Smash Apprentice
who is going to return ? the 12 original ones
who is not coming back? pichu-ice climbers- mr game & watch

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Omg seriously whats your guys problem with the Ice Climbers and GAW? And you've got nothing agains Dr.Mario or Young Link... :confused: For the record the Ice Climbers and Mr. Game & Watch don't 'suck'. Theve got ****ing original movesets.

Iggy K

Smash Ace
I just love how all the n00bs say G&W and IC's should be ditched, yet a majority of the time they don't give reasons, and on the rare occaison they do, their reason is the characters "suck".

buster_apex

Smash Rookie
yeah i really see no reason for IC and/or GAW to go....in fact i think they are some of the most deserving to stay becuase they both bring something original to the game....the only chars i can see going would be clones (even tho i use one myself)

i can see Doc. as a costume, and pichu being made faster, lighter, and non masochistic, ganon with a sword, a diffent version of young link (or maybe TP link will have a new moveset and Y, link will be left alone) same with fox/falco, maybe fox could have a move set with the staff he had in that one game (dont know the name) or they could just change falcos to whatever, considering the games dont dictate anything in perticular. the only char i can really see leaving is roy....to me, it makes the most sense to replace him thatn anything else....but i guess the same can be said for alot of chars depending on how you look at it.

over all, if forced to chose 2 that would go, i would say pichu and roy (but both would be replaced by new pokemon and FE chars) i also suport Doc. becoming a costume tho.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
And why wouldn't they come back?

I believe that all characters that have original moves shouldcome back, and this includes *gasp* Mr. Game and Watch, the IC's, and Mewtwo.

monty06

Smash Ace
ics and g&w are been ditched because i was told that only recent nintendo characters are been in brawl and ics and g&w arent in new games so their is no reason for them to be in it

Serph

Smash Journeyman
The only thing with Mr. Game & Watch is that he was something of a "shock" inclusion for Melee. With the surprise element removed, perhaps Sakurai feels he no longer has a place in the group.

These aren't my thoughts, however. I think both he and Ice Climbers are well deserving of their places (even though I never, ever use the latter).

TheAceOfSmash

Smash Apprentice
I think Deoxys would make a fine character (it could transform into it's various forms, giving it different strengths and weaknesses), but at the expense of Mewtwo? No way. Not for me.

Realistically, I don't see why they have to cut anyone. They already have the 25 movesets established, after all. Surely it's just a case of putting them all into Brawl and then adding the newcomers.
True. They make it sound like such a difficult process. I seriously believe they're teasing people. they always do. If someone is out, they better have pretty good reason.

icymatt

Smash Lord
Well, they did say they wanted to rebuild the characters, so it isn't just simply putting the Melee stuff back in.

TheAceOfSmash

Smash Apprentice
Well, they did say they wanted to rebuild the characters, so it isn't just simply putting the Melee data back in.
I know that. They make it sound harder than that. But maybe it's because of that the rumor started about only some characters returning. And this also may be the reason that the release date was postponed.

icymatt

Smash Lord
Oh. Well, the fact they postponed the release date seems suspicious. But it could be for anything. Teasing being one of them.
They didn't 'postpone' the release date. There has never been an actual release date, just speculation.

ameerali

Smash Cadet
I would prefer that ness just gets removed. He wasn't that popular in melee.
Thats not true my bro and many other guys say he is one of the best characters in the game. he could be a little stronger.

don't take mic out of me but i had a weird dream about ness in brawl where he presses
up+B and hits himself and when he is comin down, a parachute opens. he also looked taller to me. like i said it was a dream

Top Bottom