• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official "Who is going to return?" topic

TheAceOfSmash

Smash Apprentice
he hurts himself with so many moves.
Pichu was specifically made for handicap matches in Melee. And the fact that he hurts himself with all and any attacks that use electricity is barely a disatvantage at all, that is, If you're a skilled player, of course. That's the whole point of Pichu being in Melee. for the skilled players to have a fair game against not-so skilled players.

PopFusion

Smash Apprentice
i think PEACHHHHHH SHOULD RETURN!!!!
CUZ SHE IS THE BEST SSB CHARACTERRRRRR EVER!!!

& i think ness should be removed. but he wont probably.
sorry to fans of ness :(.

bijoukaiba

Smash Journeyman
Peach will be returning, she is way too important to the Mario series.

I'm a Ness fan/user, but I won't go psycho like I did on the last person who wanted Ness booted. I was sick that day. To each their own. I'm starting to think the Ness debate could go either way. On the plus side, he was one of the original twelve, which people have indicated is a strong sign. On the other hand, some think he could be replaced a by a new Earthbound character known as Lucas.

PopFusion, did you know Peach was intended for the original SSB, but there was some sort of complication so she (along with Bowser and Mewtwo) wasn't included?

cb_marth

Smash Ace
I think you will see Marth returning for sure. He was very popular in Melee. I honeslty think most of the characters from Melee will return. Nintendo wants to add to the character list not take away. They will add more to it and maybe switch a few if they thought a certain character didn't do as well in Melee. All and all I would love to see Marth back and also I think the Star Fox team should return for sure with more characters like Krystal, Wolf and maybe another?

TheAceOfSmash

Smash Apprentice
I think you will see Marth returning for sure. He was very popular in Melee. I honeslty think most of the characters from Melee will return. Nintendo wants to add to the character list not take away. They will add more to it and maybe switch a few if they thought a certain character didn't do as well in Melee. All and all I would love to see Marth back and also I think the Star Fox team should return for sure with more characters like Krystal, Wolf and maybe another?
I have to agree with this guy. You people are being so negative about this.

kill_shot

Smash Journeyman
Yeah I seriousaly think that roy or marth is returning.
They are so awsome and popular.
I mean who in the world can't like them.

bijoukaiba

Smash Journeyman
Marth WILL be returning. He is too popular with tournament level players and girls.

Roy on the other hand... he's more than likely going to get the boot. He's popular in fanfiction and fanart, yes, but he was only advertising material. I think I read they were going to put in a different FE character named Sigurd instead, but to advertise FE6 they replaced him with Roy.

Zink

Smash Champion
I don't think that's entirely the case, as FE6 never came out anywhere but Japan, where FE is well known. If they wanted to advertise FE7, the US game, I'd have expected Lyn.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
I'm Pretty sure Everyone is gonna stay...Execpt Mr.Game and watch >_<! (But thats just because I personally think he's a waste of a character...although Good...A waste)
QUESTION: If he's a good character, why is he a waste of space? If anything, Game and Watch takes up the LEAST amount of space

Pichu is no longer Japan's most popular baby pokemon, Munchlax took that spot some months ago

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
How is that thing cute? Snorlax is cuter than his baby form, which kind of defeats the point of it. I really don't like how so many new baby pokemon are coming out in D/P, and Munchlax just symbolises that. I personally think baby pokemon should've stayed in G/S.

Though Hemightbegiant is right, one of the only things that would've saved Pichu is his popularity, and now that Munchlax has stolen his title, he seems pretty much doomed.

TheAceOfSmash

Smash Apprentice
There are rare people who have a weird idea of what cute is. Most of them tend to be girls. Which makes me wonder who came up with Munchlax in the first place. But I digress. As well as anyone else who had something to say about Munchlax.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Okaay. How did Hamtaro fall into all of this?
Sorry, but whenever a debate about "cuteness" comes around, Hamtaro always wins.

On a more serious note:
I don't think Dr. Mario, Roy, Pichu, Mr.G&W, and Ice Climbers will be returning.
The first three make sense, but why would IC and G&W be cut? I still haven't seen any good reasons besides crap like "NOBODY LIKES THEM!", and let's not forget the ever convincing "they suck" argument. I used to think the IC's and G&W sucked, but now I know how to use them, they're my two mains

J03

Smash Master
tbh i think roy is more likely to stay then the IC n G&W coz both of them represent retro nintendo games so ppl think 'i remember them'. i think nintendo are most likely to replace them with other retro/old-skool type characters and i think the koopa trooper should be a playable character this tym round coz it makes sense since they were in mario kart and everyone loves the little guys

PS. hamtaro is cute...im a guy n have no problem admitin tht

TheAceOfSmash

Smash Apprentice
As far as the moveset is concerned, I don't think putting in a simple Koopa Troopa would be a good idea. But yeah, it's a fighting game after all, people can come up with moves. Hence the Mario Tornado, among others.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
They could always use Koops/Kooper's moves from Paper Mario for that moveset, but I don't think a generic Koopa will make it, especially when the King of all Koopa's is basically gauranteed the spot

J03

Smash Master
thts what the prob, but i think the koopa trooper would make a gr8 addition, way better then bowser.jr and probs another char from f-zero, like the samuri guy coz theres only char (c.falcon) from f-zero so i think nintendo will b most likely to expand chars from the currently included games rather then add loadsa chars from other games.

besides as far a k.trooper's 4 playable char, ssbm has pokemon sa playable chars n they aint exactly unique and i can see it now... kooper shell smash n little para wings for his double jump...i think he stands a strong chance tbh, wen u think about it

VidKid

Smash Rookie
I want Mr. Game And Watch to return because he is a Classic Character and when I play as him he makes me laugh and where did you here that Bowser isn't returning at? Also where did you here that Mr. Game And Watch isn't returning at?

J03

Smash Master
nah bowser will return coz hes so well known, but bowser jr i dont think should b in the line up i mean clone chars are one thing but to just alter a char slightly is jus pointless.
i deissagreed with pichu n young link in the last game and tbh i dont any1 would miss them if they jus died ryt now !!

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
nah bowser will return coz hes so well known, but bowser jr i dont think should b in the line up i mean clone chars are one thing but to just alter a char slightly is jus pointless.
i deissagreed with pichu n young link in the last game and tbh i dont any1 would miss them if they jus died ryt now !!
TBH, I am one of those people who would miss Pichu if he died. There are plenty of fans who likes Young Link more than adult Link because he's the original Link. Therefore a lot of people will miss Young Link.

J03

Smash Master
true about young link, but pichu's a gonner nd if G&W is stayin then the IC are gone, one of the two are goin, the game doesnt need 2 retro chars though knowing them theyll add another anyway *sigh*

IKillCauseOfVGs

Smash Cadet
I'm one of the ones that would miss Young Link. I'm hopin he'll return Luigified. I dunno about putting in characters like Koopa's, cause mario has enough representation already. They gotta expand their horizons and include characters from all corners of the gaming world. Characters we'd never even think of, like Game and Watch and Ice Climbers. As for those two, I'm thinkin one of them is gettin the boot, and I hope it's IC. As a final note, Pichu should be the first to go, and I dunno about adding another F-Zero character.

IKillCauseOfVGs

Smash Cadet
I'm just saying that if only one of those two is gonna make it, G&W seems more deserving of the spot, seniority and all.

Top Bottom