• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official "Who is going to return?" topic

Rhyme

Smash Lord
well maybe Daisy should go into the fray with some of the same attacks as Peach in SSBM, and Peach can have some new moves using that stupid talking umbrella.
Ok, I'm not saying that Daisy is a bad idea, but some people have trouble being convinced without a good reason why. If you think that Daisy should be in Brawl, it is ok to do so, but please provide, either through thread discussion or PMs, what solid reason a character has for being in the game. Something like the history of Luigi in Mario games, any main roles that character has had, or even a moveset would be great evidence. You cant just say, give Peach new moves all together and make Daisy mostly like Peach in melee, or people like me will simply say, what reason is there that Peach couldnt be a mix of melee and brawl moves, and have Daisy as a costume like they already do?

Iggy K

Smash Ace
well maybe Daisy should go into the fray with some of the same attacks as Peach in SSBM, and Peach can have some new moves using that stupid talking umbrella.
While I do expect Peach to have some SPP moves, HELL NO to Daisy though, she deserves it as much as Bowyer.

Boricua_Bob

Smash Cadet
well bowser is as much of a main character as mario is, so it'll be hard to give him the boot. also......well...i don't know wat i was really thinking. i mean i just woke up and all....zzzzzz

bijoukaiba

Smash Journeyman
ness=boot
mario=already in
normal peach=ok
super peach=yeah!
yoshi=if he gets a useful up b yes
DON'T MESS WITH ONE OF MY MAINS!
Why would you want to get rid of Ness? He is the most widely recognized character from the Earthbound series. Personally, I think Ness is fun to use, although it takes sometime to master his moves. (I must have misfired PK Thunder and PK Flash 300 times!) Besides, who could resist a face like this?:ness: :)

And Yoshi's Up-B was fine. It sort of added some diversity among the characters as to what they can and can't do, for example: Multiple jumps from Kirby and Jiggs; Grabbing and carrying an opponent with Kirby (technically, if you swallow your opponent you can carry them around for a little bit) and DK; using a grab technique to recover like Samus, Link, and Tiny Ripoff Link Young Link; etc. Not only that, but it can be an annoying way to kill off computers attempting aerials on you. If only they could hear us laughing...:laugh:

As for your Normal/Super Peach comment: If you're referring to combining their stats or changing up her moveset, I could agree to that (although I've never played the game). If you mean adding them as seperate characters, **** no. Pardon my implied French, but this would result in the same aggravation as the whole Dr. Mario/Mario/FLUDD Mario/Paper Mario scheme. We only need ONE TYPE OF EACH CHARACTER'S IDENTITY!! *glares at Young Link, Doc, and Pichu*

Rhyme

Smash Lord
DON'T MESS WITH ONE OF MY MAINS!If you mean adding them as seperate characters, **** no. Pardon my implied French, but this would result in the same aggravation as the whole Dr. Mario/Mario/FLUDD Mario/Paper Mario scheme. We only need ONE TYPE OF EACH CHARACTER'S IDENTITY!! *glares at Young Link, Doc, and Pichu*
Some people suffer that same aggrivation when you closed-mindedly shut down their ideas as well. Messing with your main character and messing with someone elses favorite character(most desired character) is kinda the same thing. What if someone was a main with either of those three clones? Or mabye someone out there(like me) wants a new character identity and would actually main with that character? Then you come along and shut them down? Thats not fair, nor is it nice.

bijoukaiba

Smash Journeyman
Oh... okay, sorry. I've been having a pretty rough day and my stomach's not feeling too great... sorry for unleashing my anger like that.

ninja232

Smash Apprentice
i'm bored no buddy is posting so i'll just say snake will be werid he's human while the others are well... diffrent yeah diffrent i'm bored well if anyone is reading this will they please post who they think will return? sorry if i'm boring but i just thought i'd post this

Icarus_Adonis

Smash Rookie
Who says anyone needs to leave? If I remember correctly, nobody was dropped from the 64 version to melee. But I do think Pichu is lame and worthless.

Rhyme

Smash Lord
They should just stick with the golden ratio. 12:26:60 that means that every next game is 2n+(1/6)n=new number of characters. we can disregard the 2/3 if nobody minds.

And if I recall, The Cape rocks out loud with pichu, just in case anyone thought that no pro player uses him, you thought wrong.

P.S. Drephen uses him too.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
I know that all 25 characters from Melee are returning. As do a lot of other people.
This had better be sarcasm

Anyway, people want Mr. Game and Watch gone, but has anyone ever given GOOD reasons for his departure? No, "He sucks" and "No pro uses him" and the like are NOT real reasons

J03

Smash Master
ok this is what i know but i have no idea how fresh this info is :S

firstly the ice climbers, young link and G&W are gone
replaced by ridley
bowser jr
'celk shaded' link

So far
mario
adult link(twilight princes)
kirby
pikachu
metaknight
pit(kid icarus)
zero suit samus(under certain conditions)
wario(wario ware)
snake

are also joining the line the brawl line up

there are so many other rumours flying around tht anything else is simply speculating

J03

Smash Master
game and watch has gone because noone really wanted him there in the first place, nintendo decided not to pay any more licensing fees for him as he does not bring added attention 2 the game this combined with his dull moves made him THE prime target to be dropped from ssbb, thus no more G&W

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774

replaced by ridley
bowser jr
'celk shaded' link
This information isnt fresh at all. It has been proven false MONTHS ago. :ohwell:

icymatt

Smash Lord
game and watch has gone because noone really wanted him there in the first place, nintendo decided not to pay any more licensing fees for him as he does not bring added attention 2 the game this combined with his dull moves made him THE prime target to be dropped from ssbb, thus no more G&W
What licensing fees? Nintendo owns the Game & Watch name and everything.

Oh wait, why am I wasting my time?

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero

replaced by ridley
bowser jr
'celk shaded' link

So far
mario
adult link(twilight princes)
kirby
pikachu
metaknight
pit(kid icarus)
zero suit samus(under certain conditions)
wario(wario ware)
snake

are also joining the line the brawl line up

there are so many other rumours flying around tht anything else is simply speculating

EDIT: You also fail for double posting

TheAceOfSmash

Smash Apprentice
I wouldn't say G&W should leave because he sucks. He's one of those abstract secret characters that they put in for a good laugh. Or at least it seems that way. If any character is gonna be left out of Brawl, I think it would be the lesser known characters.

Shadow Calibur

Smash Ace
^Lesser known is what Sakurai wants, lesser known is what Sakurai gets. A roster dominated by the popular characters won't float his boat.^

I still stand by my decision as to who should leave: Dr. Mario, Roy, Pichu, and Young Link.

TheAceOfSmash

Smash Apprentice
*thinks* Whatever the final decision may be, I'm sure no one will like it. The one's who will return might not depend on how well known they are. Or how many people like or dislike them. Masahiro might pick whoever he wants because he feels like it.

Theasiantemptation

Smash Rookie
Lol, I'm sorry, I have to laugh at DX for being so crude and relentless, even while being banned. Such audacity people have these days.

But let's see...I'm sure we can count on, more or less, the foundation characters of Super Smash Brothers to return, with the exception of Ness. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think a lot of people liked his performance in SSBM, and maybe Nintendo'll respond to that by either working a lot with him, or dumping him entirely.

I don't understand why everyone disses Ness, He's a good character if you actually have skills which Albert Anastasia doesn' have. Apparently, for a character to be good, they need to be a cheap *** like fox or more noticably sheik in which someone with no skills such as Albert here can use. I on the other hand am really hoping that Ness makes it to Brawl. Ness is by far one of the best characters, especially if you actually use him correctly, all his ariels are amazing, like his down air smash or his back air smash. his bat is also great and has little lag. Also, whats this i hear about dear old G&W. I love that he's a character. He has no dull moves, all his moves are wicked, like the match and the turtle. I honestly think that Nintendo should keep all there characters, and why not, the more the marrier. Like roy is always dissed cause marth is sooo much better then him. wtf, who cares, there too seperate characters, even though marth is better doesn't mean that roy sucks. As well as Dr.Mario and Ganondorf. I'm really hoping they don't get rid of the clones because even if they have similar moves doesn't mean they should be cut. Heck, falco and pichu should stay. Thats right Pichu. He's one of my best characters, and if your n00b, then you could use him with skills. Snake sucks. No FF characters. Tom Nook! woot

icymatt

Smash Lord
They won't be taking out all the clones, some like Ganondorf can be completely revamped into their own.

Really, there's no way of knowing what criteria goes into deciding who's not going to come back. I can theorize that they will likely choose based on who they can't work into anything interesting, or who can be replaced with someone similar-but-different. Of course, most of the characters COULD be worked into something interesting...so it will definetly be near-impossible to tell.

I can say for sure that tiers and that stuff will have nothing to do with it.

Fire Fox X

Smash Apprentice
I'm Pretty sure Everyone is gonna stay...Execpt Mr.Game and watch >_<! (But thats just because I personally think he's a waste of a character...although Good...A waste)

I dont think Pichu will be removed due to it's popularity in Japan. They might make it so it doesnt Hurt itself it's speed is higher then pikachu's but it's attacks do less damage.

And the Ice Climbers Are The First Tag Team Chars, Not only that their Old Chars like Pit...I seriously Doubt they'r gonna remove them...I am A bit worried about Fox not returning though...I have no Idea why though, He's the hero of Starfox -_- ...I guess it's because he wasnt in the trailer...

All the Clones should be totally Redone (And Dr. mario should be Mario's alternate costume or out of SSBB)

TheAceOfSmash

Smash Apprentice
You know, the fact alone that some characters might not be in Brawl doesn't feel right. If it actually happens, I just don't know what will ensue, but that can't be good either.

Iggy K

Smash Ace
I'm Pretty sure Everyone is gonna stay...Execpt Mr.Game and watch >_<! (But thats just because I personally think he's a waste of a character...although Good...A waste)
Because G&W will DEFINTELY be ditched before Yoing Link, Dr. Mario, Pichu and Roy. What's with all the G&W haters?

falco freak

Smash Journeyman
i hope that pichu is gone. hes just a stupid character. i mean cmon he hurts himself with so many moves. and also young link just because i dont like him

Top Bottom