• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official "Who is going to return?" topic

monty06

Smash Ace
well i dont mind whos in the game as long as its good and they dont ruin the game

J03

Smash Master
u see tht guy, tht one...tht one RYT there...the called MONTY...yes....I AGREE WITH HIM!!
itd b heresy to mess up the smash series however nintendo must realise the pressure and expectations they have on their hands

cb_marth

Smash Ace
Well honestly Roy is a good character. The only problem they made with him is they made him drop like a rock. I mean if they fix his weight in Brawl I think he will be a good character. Better then Marth, well your pushing it but I still think they can make him better. Plus You guys are forgetting Roy is a awsome character to use, just agenst Marth he has troubles. Yet if you play a Pro Marth who isn't going to have troubles haha. One thing you guys have to keep in mind also is that its not on the character, its the players style.

Dishoom

Smash Rookie
Ganondorf HAS to be in Brawl. Link needs a villain to fight, and Brawl will need some heavy hitting characters.

icymatt

Smash Lord
I did not say that was going to happen. I am just saying there is a good chancethey will drop mewtwo if Deoxys is added to avoid having to many pokemon. This is just my educated guess.
They could just as easily drop Pichu. In fact...they could probably do it alot easier.

Plus, I don't think they would really care about having 'too many Pokemon' if they are all unique. I mean, unless it gets to a quarter of the roster, then there is too many Pokemon.

buster_apex

Smash Rookie
yeah eventualy it could get to the point where they might as well just make a pokemon fighting game....oh wait...

i dont keep up with pokemon so idk who is deserving of a spot, but the popular ones seem reasonable so i have no problem with one new pokemon...but my view is also that pichu should go...never the less if they only added one and didnt cut any that would be fine by me but after that i think they should start cutting if they want to add any

buster_apex

Smash Rookie
i just had a thought (its amazing, i know) but do we really want a 50 character mortal combat-esk roster? if they added every character people want like sonic, koopas, ike, FLUDD mario and what not the roster would be HUGE and sure that would be great at first, everyone would be happy that they get to play as that one guy in the background of that episode of naruto (and all the other crazy non-nintendo characters people want) but theres a few problems with that...

1. the insurmountable task put on the devs for all the fighting styles.

2. whos to say the finished product would be any good? you might get to play as someone, but they might SUCK, and you would be vastly dissapointed.

3. (heres the big one for me) i thought it was a bit tedious to beat SSBM with all the characterss on all 3 styles, i can only imagine how sick of it i would be 47 characters in. not to mention target tests....there would just be TO much to do, and considering its prety much the same (beside fightingstyle) it gets old quick.

4. to hard to pick....think about how long it will take to pick your best/fav few out of 396 characters....

basicaly my point is that it would be great if every one could get the characters they want, and even tho some of them seem logical (like more star fox, pokemon, FE, ect. chars) we just have to think about the scope of what we are asking...there is a limit to how big the entier roster (not just of a certain game) should be befor it just gets a bit rediculous.

IKillCauseOfVGs

Smash Cadet
For a noob, buster brought up a good point. They can't make everyone happy, so they're just gonna do the best they can, which is fine with me. I'm sure that the finished game will have a character for everyone. Like with me, I main Roy, but seing as how he has almost no chance of coming back I've decided to switch the Y./WW Link. He's one character I'm rootin for whole heartedly.

Now about returnees. I think they should put less pokemon in Brawl. I dunno about Japan, but pokemon is dying in America. The fan base could be big enough in Japan to keep the series alive, but at least have to take out pichu. I also didn't really like Mewto, but that's mostly because I thought he sucked so I'm not gonna argue that.

As for G&W and IC, one of if not both of them should stay. Who ever said that there aren't going to be any retro characters in Brawl has to take a look at a little someone called Pit. How many years has it been since that game came out? Of those two, I'd think Game and Watch has a better chance. He was one of the first major Nintendo characters, where as Ice Climbers was in one game that wasn't all too popular.

Spacetree

Smash Rookie
One character that I want to especially see return in Ganondorf, but totally revamped in abilities and useage. I don't want any clones in general, but specifically I REALLY want to see a better Ganondorf. So I've come up some moves and suggestions.

Firstly, I think his look needs to be changed to this:

Longer hair, Long cape, jewels on the armor.

Ganondorf should retain some of his heaviness, but instead of stomping across the board he should glide when he runs, and walk regularly. In fact, floating should be a major part of his movement. He is a wizard after all. His jump should be a somewhat lengthy (slightly below Ness), and he should be able to hover like Peach (just not as far).

Attacks:

B- Sorcery Sphere: Ganondorf summons a large yellow magic sphere and launches it at an downward angle in front of him. There's no charge, and damage and speed is comparable to Samus, but there's some lag (due to the animation of him hovering slightly in the air and summoning the blast with his hands above him) and it can't go far unless Ganondorf is high up (due to the angle). There's also an explosion around the area where the sphere hits.

Down B- Earthquake Punch: Similar to the attack in the boss battle in OoT where Ganondorf punches the ground and sends a shock wave out around him. The shockwave tosses the enemy up as well as knocks them back. Cannot be recovered from until you hit the ground.

Up B- Rising Evil: Ganondorf crosses his arms and rises into the air as flaming orbs orbit around him. Similar to fox fire, except that it can't be aimed downward. Anyone hit by the flaming orbs is shocked and then thrown back like Captain Falcon's Up B.

Smash B- Magic Bolt: Ganondorf launches a low damage yellow energy shot from his hands that stuns and provides some knockback. Close range, the attack is much more powerful, and significantly knocksback.

A- Ganondorf backhands you, producing effect similar to his current A attack. Followed by a quick jab. His rapid A attack shocks the opponent continuously.
Forward A- Quick slash with his signature sword, now flaming.
Down A- Ganondorf sweeps the area around him with his flaming sword.
Up A- Ganondorf thrusts his flaming blade upward.

Nair- Bursts into flames, similar to Mewtwo's Nair, just not electric.
Uair- An explosion of energy upward from his hands.
Dair- Slashes below him in an arc.
Fair- Thrusts his flaming fist out in front of him.
Bair- Flaming backhand, similar to Mewtwo's Fair slash attack.

Smash Forward A- A strong swinging flaming punch.
Smash Up A- Ganondorf slashes in an upward arc with his flaming sword.
Smash Down A- Ganondorf slams the ground with both hands, causing an explosion of purple flames around him.

Boricua_Bob

Smash Cadet
I think that there should be two different Ganondorfs, just like there are two Links. First there's the Ganondorf from SSBM, then there can be Mystic Ganondorf, like the Ganon SpaceTree was talking bout.

Orion Ray

Smash Rookie
New and old but some Legends wuld make it fun....also they shuld have the Guy in the samus comics ...........only in japan

Orion Ray

Smash Rookie
but also i Wuld Love to see The originals agenst their dark and good sides:laugh: let see them get a challenge but also the computers must go higher than 9s then that wuld be fun :) :psycho: :)

Boricua_Bob

Smash Cadet
true, they should get ppl like dark mario, dark link, boshi (Super Mario: RPG), dark samus, wolf o' donnell, dry bones bowser (New Super Mario Bros.), and probably some others.

falco freak

Smash Journeyman
they should just keep who the have an melee including the ones u have to unlock and only add about 11 new chars at the most just like buster said too many chars would be rediculous just to unlock anything unless they gave you every level and char to start out with which would just make it boring.

Orion Ray

Smash Rookie
They shuld Have A misterius Carecter Named Dowser ..........This carecter was made in russia.A more Evil Lizard.........Then A Carector That s a raccon that has the same Powers as mario

buster_apex

Smash Rookie
They shuld Have A miserius Carecter Named Dowser ..........This carector was made in russia.A more Evil Lizar.........Then A Carector That s a raccon that has the same Powers as mario
im sorry to make a point of thiss (considering im a bad speller myself) but did you just spell character "Carector"? i dont even know what "miserius" is....and seriously, "lurn"???

i guess i had more of a problem with this than i normaly do because i almost dont understand what you mean in your post.

i know everyone is going to hate me for making a post like this but i just had to....i mean wow...

Boricua_Bob

Smash Cadet
They shuld Have A miserius Carecter Named Dowser ..........This carector was made in russia.A more Evil Lizar.........Then A Carector That s a raccon that has the same Powers as mario
I don't think Russia would plan on having a Bowser clone super-power. But they did have there own Russian Superman. And I think we had enough Mario characters in one game. Raccoon Mario is only as good as another Yoshi. (And when I say Mario characters I mean that literally.) Oh...speaking of Yoshi...GO BOSHI!!! BOSHI FOR SMASH!

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Why is this thread full of newbies? o_o
Anyways, Boshi doesn't makes any chance in Brawl at all. Maybe as a Yoshi costume. But as a own character he lacks... Everything?

buster_apex

Smash Rookie
Anyways, Boshi doesn't makes any chance in Brawl at all. Maybe as a Yoshi costume. But as a own character he lacks... Everything?
if your reffering to me you should realize its not the number of posts, its the quallity...my last one might not be a good example but read my others, people seem to agree, and like, most of what i say...

if your not referring to me then id have to say its because this is the kind of topic that doesnt NEED alot of information about the game so it draws all the people who post like "Captain Churro should be in the next SSBM!! hes churro tastic!!"

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Yes I know, I've readed your post and I agree they are of good quality.
I was too lazy to quote you last post, but don't worry your not the one I was talking about. ;)

Boricua_Bob

Smash Cadet
Nah, Boshi, in my opinion, would be a better character than Yoshi. Even Mario just started off just jumping as Yoshi made us question his gender by laying eggs. If not Boshi, then Birdo should be in Smash.

Zink

Smash Champion
Boshi made a tiny cameo in 1 game as a Yoshi you race. He had sunglasses. Big wup. He's nothing more than a Yoshi clone. Birdo is... a little different, but IMO too similar to Yoshi.

buster_apex

Smash Rookie
yeah but she shoots eggs out of her nose...thats deserving of a spot right?? right?...

im just messing...i like her, she was fun to fight in the game. and the nose eggs thing really could make for some fun bossibilities.

MiraiGen

Smash Ace
Well honestly Roy is a good character. The only problem they made with him is they made him drop like a rock. I mean if they fix his weight in Brawl I think he will be a good character. Better then Marth, well your pushing it but I still think they can make him better. Plus You guys are forgetting Roy is a awsome character to use, just agenst Marth he has troubles. Yet if you play a Pro Marth who isn't going to have troubles haha. One thing you guys have to keep in mind also is that its not on the character, its the players style.
Roy is a terrific character.

Until he fights anyone with speed. Then he dies. I don't think his weight has to do with anything.

So if they make a couple normal attacks and his overall speed faster, he'd be fine. But I doubt they will.

Roy and Pichu will probably get the axe, unless they revamp the movesets and make them not suck. I think Doc might stay in if only because he's more significant than Roy as far as characters in history.

yorpy

Smash Journeyman
yesss, i want to see ness gone, he is so annoying and i hate how he isn't as good in melee.

MiraiGen

Smash Ace
Possibly. But Dr. Mario is of Mario fame, and it's tough to reach that level in Japan or America.

My vote still goes towards him staying in, and Pichu and Roy out. That is, if they take anyone out. I'm still hoping for a revamped movelist.

Thaylos Evermoon

Smash Rookie
Wow this is probably the longest thread I've seen ever. And i've seen some pretty longer one in GameFaqs, but thats not that important.

I personally do not think any of the characters should be removed. I firmly believe that the clones should be modified like Luigi was in SSBM.

Ness is an extremely uniques character and i've always wanted to play with him though I've never really stuck too it lol.

Mewtwo is also a unique character and has his ups and downs.

Young Link though very similar to Link has enough differences to come back (Blazing down-air A and trapping up B and different arrows).

Pichu will probably come back because even though everyonethinks he has bad moves him I have a friend who started to play as Pichu and managed to get really good.

Roy should also stay, though i wouldn't mind him being replaced with one of the more popular characters from one of the American releases.

Dr Mario, hmm. I've seen people play as the Doc for his difference to Mario but i dont see many ways he can be improved like the rest of the clones.

The only other thing i'd like seen is Splitting up Shiek and Zelda (even though Shiek doesnt seem to be in the next Zelda, Why deny having a crazy ninja-like character in the game?!?)

But like i said its most likely that they won't remove anyone and Im pretty sure that one way or another every characters moveset will be changed.

BLTZ

Smash Rookie
I personally do not see why they should remove anyone at all, because different people like all sorts of different characters for different reasons. Personally, I like to use Roy more than Marth because he matches my style of play more, I am not too good with high sped characters, so Roy is a decent one for a guy like me.

buster_apex

Smash Rookie
Wow this is probably the longest thread I've seen ever. And i've seen some pretty longer one in GameFaqs, but thats not that important.
man you should check out the xbox360.com forums...there are several topics with 100-200+ pages (10 post per page mind you) and ive even seen one in the 300s, its crazy...but i digress, return to the topic while i go sleep :tired:

MiraiGen

Smash Ace
I personally do not see why they should remove anyone at all, because different people like all sorts of different characters for different reasons. Personally, I like to use Roy more than Marth because he matches my style of play more, I am not too good with high sped characters, so Roy is a decent one for a guy like me.
Well, yes. I would like them to do the Guilty Gear thing and keep every character in if they can. However, Sakurai already stated there were going to be character removals (I think. I might have heard that somewhere).

Let's cross our fingers.

Top Bottom